Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
what if the usps did an ICO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
I'm pretty sure I'd end up takin down the banner and then challenging anyone who complained to get it themselves.

coke
Jul 12, 2009
lol @ not paying for enough workers or time to the do job required and hope it will somehow fix itself or just dont care enough for one of the most essential service in the country

by lol i mean shits hosed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

coke posted:

lol @ not paying for enough workers or time to the do job required and hope it will somehow fix itself or just dont care enough for one of the most essential service in the country

Man you'd almost think this was being done on purpose, like somehow this will restrict some kind of critical function that is essential to having a free and fair election :thunk:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shame Boy posted:

Man you'd almost think this was being done on purpose, like somehow this will restrict some kind of critical function that is essential to having a free and fair election :thunk:

well I mean

this is also just something the republican party has been doing to the post office for years

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Shugojin posted:

well I mean

this is also just something the republican party has been doing to the post office for years

hmmm?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Shugojin posted:

well I mean

Set fire to a government service and then use it as proof for your ideological position that government never works.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Set fire to a government service and then use it as proof for your ideological position that government never works.

Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme

Reagan and Ayn Rand.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

coke posted:

To be fair, that is the experience for most jobs in the US.

Workers bring up a problem, boss gives lip service that he'll look into it, problem doesn't get fixed, problem interferes with profits, boss chews out workers for not fixing problem, fires staff to save his own rear end.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shugojin posted:

well I mean

During the last push for privitization of the USPS one of the main proponents was Dianne Feinstein whose husband, by coincidence, owned the sole entity who would've been responsible for selling physical post offices.

One might ask, if it's only the republicans, why the democrats didn't address the USPS's arduous pension obligations under Obama? making GBS threads the on the USPS is a bipartisan sport.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LastInLine posted:

During the last push for privitization of the USPS one of the main proponents was Dianne Feinstein whose husband, by coincidence, owned the sole entity who would've been responsible for selling physical post offices.

One might ask, if it's only the republicans, why the democrats didn't address the USPS's arduous pension obligations under Obama? making GBS threads the on the USPS is a bipartisan sport.

Spoiler: the democrats are also republicans :ssh:

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

finally

profit

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Shame Boy posted:

Republicans think we should build more prisons.

Democrats want half the guards to be women.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Greatbacon posted:

Republicans think we should build more prisons.

Democrats want half the guards to be women.

The Democrats would have the cops call you by your proper pronouns while they evict you from your home.

Dreadwind
Dec 1, 2009

Forceholy posted:

The Democrats would have the cops call you by your proper pronouns while they shoot you 20 times... but in the leg!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Shame Boy posted:

Julius Nyerere posted:

The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Forceholy posted:

The Democrats would have the cops call you by your proper pronouns while they book you into the wrong gender holding

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

God yes I can't wait for the advertising machine to ramp this poo poo up and convince everyone that flying to Aruba is healing the loving environment somehow (DON'T ASK QUESTIONS)

quote:

“Sustainable tourism is sort of a low bar. At the end of the day, it’s just not making a mess of the place,” said Jonathon Day, an associate professor focused on sustainable tourism at Purdue University. “Regenerative tourism says, let’s make it better for future generations.”

“Travel is an important vote of your principles,” said Mr. Baker of OneSeed. “When you decide to put your time and resources into a trip, you’re affirming that’s the type of business you want out there.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/travel/travel-future-coronavirus-sustainable.html

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

The Oldest Man posted:

God yes I can't wait for the advertising machine to ramp this poo poo up and convince everyone that flying to Aruba is healing the loving environment somehow (DON'T ASK QUESTIONS)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/travel/travel-future-coronavirus-sustainable.html

I have a better idea. These parasitic shitheads and their clients can send their money over; we will give it a grand tour of the country, sending back photos of the money in all the places it visited. After that the money will stay here while we send back souvenirs of its trip (two suitcases full of trash left behind by previous tourists) via eco friendly transport (whatever ship happens to be leaving the port that week).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

The Oldest Man posted:

Imagine being a professor and not understanding travel emissions and their effects on the environment in the year 2020.

Oh he gets paid to not understand this you say?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
A pox on air travel

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Give workers a coupon for a free holiday trip every year on the state-owned airline. Outlaw private air travel. The owning class can walk.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

I was in a good mood until I saw this. People are so dense

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
i don't think we can imagine what having actual free time for vacations would be like, but imagine this: enjoying the journey instead of travelling as quickly as possible at all costs. like, you can go a lot of places partly or entirely by boat.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What is this?

Rainbow Warrior
Mar 14, 2006
please help

Tiggum posted:

What is this?

Bird spike for the homeless

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Tiggum posted:

What is this?
liberalism distilled

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Tiggum posted:

What is this?

A rock placed to prevent homeless from sleeping painted in lgbtq colors?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Tiggum posted:

What is this?

An equal rights logo painted onto a rock that exists to prevent homeless people from having a place to chill, thus invalidating their entire premise

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/helloalegria/status/1301290315593191426?s=20

Trainspotting but written by your Tory boss

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Not sure who thinks these things they've listed are good, but I hope never to meet them.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Oneiros posted:

liberalism distilled
:drat:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

They really hate that the cat has been let out of the bag, huh? Gotta maintain the supervised slave pits at all costs. You love them, right? Everyone does!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I wonder how many thousands of people read that and decide not to disinfect anything at work to try and make all those awful things on the list go away.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm the proper bants

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm the boss's jokes, that everyone loves and respects

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Post your favorite UK propaganda

"‘See it. Say it. Sorted.’ has appeared on 11,000 static and digital posters, and been broadcast as tannoy announcements across 5,000 stations and 13,000 trains. The campaign can now also be seen and heard on buses, trams, the London Underground, airports and ferry terminals. But most importantly of all, texts and calls to British Transport police relating to suspicious circumstances have increased by 365% in the 3 years the campaign has been running."

https://aml-group.com/our-work/see-it-say-it/

I like how they spin the increase of narcs by 365% as a good thing

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Note that it doesn't say the reports are useful

A 365% increase in white people complaining that they saw a brown person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Is someone taking a picture of a camera? Prolly some kinda camera-fucker pervert, call the cops.

Shugojin posted:

Note that it doesn't say the reports are useful

A 365% increase in white people complaining that they saw a brown person

I don't care if you're wearing a uniform and claim to be an employee of the rail line, I'm calling the cops, the sign clearly says No Entry :colbert: