Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm not so sure about that. Reactionary politics doesn't mean "knee jerk", it has a more specific meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

brugroffil posted:

I'm not so sure about that. Reactionary politics doesn't mean "knee jerk", it has a more specific meaning

It has an underlying logic, its just that ever word is aimed at demonstrating it in action, because it is a rejection of the idea of words having meaning. Everything is a celebration of hierarchy and power through violence. As Satre pointed out, an antisemite doesn't argue with you, he plays with you to demonstrate the futility of words.

Less committed reactionaries attempt to make sense of things and still likely believe that there is abstract truth beyond violence, but inevitably choose or recreate the just-so stories that are popular on the right (ie, biotruths, ancient aryaliens, etc) as recruitment tools. If they were interested in truth rather than rationalizing their reactionary instincts, they'd swiftly realize these are bullshit or at least bad science and not even genuine truth-seeking occultism.

With occultism, a lot can come down to how you interpret the various elements. Like a left wing new ager will generally feel that you understand them if you identify the reptilians as the 1% and their intermediaries, who behind their mask are ruled by their reptilian brain functions. Sort of like how They Live is explicitly Marxist, but nazis love it because they can say its about "the Jews." In these cases, the Nordic aliens are not necessarily the good ones and may be the reptilians. Of course, seeking the truth through occultism doesn't mean coherence (it wouldn't be the occult if it made rational sense), just a rejection of nihilism.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Sep 3, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
The Obvious Concern Troll Has Logged On

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301210021171257348

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301221210525700096

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301245634142494722

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301339996570488833

Signed, someone who's Definitely Totally a PoC

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301350432393048064

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301344116249427974

https://twitter.com/moewonders/status/1301347235410710529

spongebob nooo

https://twitter.com/TerranceAPhill1/status/1301350115030872066

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Sep 3, 2020

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wow Gavin, maybe you wanna slow your roll there? I think you just admitted to being the leader of a nationwide violent gang.

Jamie, bring up that video of the gorilla clog dancing on babies in the hospital NICU unit. Man. Nature. So crazy. Do you think if a gorilla could smoke DMT it could learn to read and it would be my pen pal? Wow. Nature. Gorillas are beasts, man.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1301230958507520001
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1301232071788998656

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Federal Judge Lee Rosenthal
lmao dude was hosed

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

cumshitter posted:

Wow Gavin, maybe you wanna slow your roll there? I think you just admitted to being the leader of a nationwide violent gang.

Jamie, bring up that video of the gorilla clog dancing on babies in the hospital NICU unit. Man. Nature. So crazy. Do you think if a gorilla could smoke DMT it could learn to read and it would be my pen pal? Wow. Nature. Gorillas are beasts, man.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this is the only Joe Rogan video you need to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

cumshitter posted:

is this the gorilla mindset?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You know, I look at that guy’s dome and I start to wonder if maybe quillette has a point with the caliper stuff.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

You know, I look at that guy’s dome and I start to wonder if maybe quillette has a point with the caliper stuff.

Careful, or else

also that dude is totally of "ze Ham-Sandwich race"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the thing where musk smoked weed all lovely and made that hilarious face is the only good thing to come out of joe’s show

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

FCKGW posted:

this is the only Joe Rogan video you need to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Boy looks like a failed clone of Jonah Hill.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

YOUR RACIAL DESCENT IS NOW PLAINLY ACCELERATING. YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE *STAGE OF HISTORY* WITH DIGNITY BEFORE A SUPERIOR HAPLOGROUP REMOVES YOU BY FORCE

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

YOUR RACIAL DESCENT IS NOW PLAINLY ACCELERATING. YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE *STAGE OF HISTORY* WITH DIGNITY BEFORE A SUPERIOR HAPLOGROUP REMOVES YOU BY FORCE

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

measurehead is actually (probably) based on two extremely esoteric alt-right figures, hakan rotmwrt and bronze age pervert. i just got to that point in the game recently and it absolutely stood out to me.

measurehead:

hakan:

quote:

High-quality racism is extraordinarily hard work. You have to have working recall of at minimimum eight or nine thousand distinct races, living and extinct, and run extensive simulations just to model the disgusting attributes of the most easily conceivable 2- & 3-way crosses.

quote:

“nootropics” users be like: develop never-before-seen prion diseases from Belarusian nootropics made from centrifuged pig brains that you take intravenously but it was all worth it to accomplish great things like posting on an internet messageboard about nootropics

quote:

We must celebrate health and will to dominate. No more wheelchair ramps! Entrances must instead demand great feats of climbing and leaping.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We only assume people with an incoherent ideology are chuds because only one party has ever tried to appeal to them in our political lifetimes. Russiagate should be proof enough that the Dems are just as happy to be or empower insane schizos who make no sense, they specifically just dont want roofers or pipe fitters around.

It's why Kasich endorsing Biden was a beautiful moment for them and why Rogan merely saying he'd vote for Bernie meant we had to deal with Jennifer "Rick Santorum Superfan" Rubin lecturing us about being a good LGBT ally for months

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Because they have far more movies than basically every streaming platform combined basically

Did people just collectively forget that you can pirate movies? :psyduck:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

Boy looks like a failed clone of Jonah Hill.
dude showed up at a rally one time wearing MMA gloves and a red batting helmet with "make america great again" spraypainted on the front. cops raided him when he was posting pictures of all his illegal weapons poo poo on his VK profile along with his living room hitler shrine and found videos of him at a long-range rifle course with the "what about the memes" guy (also in prison), which is all very illegal for a guy once imprisoned on felony charges for attempting to sell stolen military equipment to a federal agent. i can imagine the U.S. government wanted him off the streets.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Sep 3, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ekuNNN posted:

Most people don't steal

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

ekuNNN posted:

most people aren't computer literate or internet savvy enough to figure out how to bittorrent these days, or have largely been scared off by threats of malware or legal action; what got big for a while are those lovely pirate streaming sites which actually are horrible malware infested trash

Heath posted:

Most people don't steal

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

ekuNNN posted:

I can't find a lot of the movies that they have at the video store tbh

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

are you sure this guy isn't a deep cover troll? these read like really solid burns on the right (and nootropics but that hits the right wing demographics pretty hard)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

streaming platforms for music and video content along with aggressive pricing strategies by online games retailers have hollowed out the old piracy world

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

are you sure this guy isn't a deep cover troll? these read like really solid burns on the right (and nootropics but that hits the right wing demographics pretty hard)

like bronze age pervert it is impossible to tell, everything is buried under so many layers of irony that whatever genuine feelings exist are indistinguishable from A Bit. that level of total detachment and cynicism bordering on nihilism is a pretty right wing attitude to me, though

quote:

I have a great hatred for "small, independent bookstores", the kind that sell enamel pins. I will shut these places down and pulp their contents.

quote:

You are a disgusting person. I unfollowed you bc you are disgusting.

quote:

Good. You are bloated with sickness. The worms have encysted like hard almonds in your muscle and the smooth rings of your guts. "Supporting local businesses" by lapping up Dan Brown's vomit will not cure this.

quote:

You nihilism and irony disgust me. You are a bad person. Your attack on "Supporting local businesses" is beyond reproach.

quote:

no irony here, retard. independent bookstores selling enamel pins &"fear women who read" reusable totes are by &large roach traps for the worst kind of people, much like public libraries that pivoted to flophouses for the homeless &"digital humanities social justice" centers.

quote:

By attacking reusable totes and rejecting "Supporting local businesses" you show your hatred of all the best features of community life. You must hate humanity (huwomanity) if you disdain reusable totes. You are a very bad person.

quote:

your community life is the filth of the multifamily longhouse, of the endless tropic loop of pigsties recycling human poo poo, of watching a Dave Eggers film adaptation five years from now with a still fatter gut on the greasy upholstery of a "quirky community movie theater".

he's here roleplaying with another fash account, i think, but the central alt right attitude of "disdain for the soy bugmen who participate in any kind of shared culture" is present. that's fundamentally the driving force behind the fash: being disgusted and sickened by anyone who doesn't automatically attempt to dominate and subordinate everyone they meet

DAD LOST MY IPOD has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Sep 3, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Also I like to spend money at the video store because they are people who live in the neighborhood and support local artists and I'd much rather have them where they are than a Amazon FreshExpress or whatever

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Heath posted:

Most people don't steal

its not stealing its copyright infringement, mr valenti.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

like bronze age pervert it is impossible to tell, everything is buried under so many layers of irony that whatever genuine feelings exist are indistinguishable from A Bit. that level of total detachment and cynicism bordering on nihilism is a pretty right wing attitude to me, though

he's here roleplaying with another fash account, i think, but the central alt right attitude of "disdain for the soy bugmen who participate in any kind of shared culture" is present. that's fundamentally the driving force behind the fash: being disgusted and sickened by anyone who doesn't automatically attempt to dominate and subordinate everyone they meet

Holy gently caress I think you might be on to something, I read all these in Measurehead's voice and it fits so perfectly. The same cadence, the same word choice, everything

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

cool dance moves posted:

Holy gently caress I think you might be on to something, I read all these in Measurehead's voice and it fits so perfectly. The same cadence, the same word choice, everything

i didn't even include the most measurehead quote of all:

quote:

>"hail the worker" -upper middle class college professor

quote:

it’s not so much that they’re “out of touch” or “don’t work with their hands” but that labor is irredeemably degrading and the “worker” is a TRASH hominid that submits to service (but never ceases to stew in vengefulness) because of its intrinsic racial inferiority

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Also I like to spend money at the video store because they are people who live in the neighborhood and support local artists and I'd much rather have them where they are than a Amazon FreshExpress or whatever

scarecrow video? bc that place is the mutts nuts

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Holy poo poo, Measurehead uses potato like reactionaries used soy.

Potato-boys.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Spergin Morlock posted:

its not stealing its copyright infringement, mr valenti.

it's theft you dork, you can tell because it's cool and good

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

90s Cringe Rock posted:

it's theft you dork, you can tell because it's cool and good

:hmmyes:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

miniscule12 posted:

Potato-boys.

Spud face.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
*POTAAT*

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Are we sure he doesn't just hate the Irish?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

the days of being able to easily torrent any movie are long gone; you have to have access to well-maintained private databases or ftp servers to be on the level of a video store well-stocked enough to survive in 2020

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

miniscule12 posted:

Potato-boys.

makes sense i guess, since isn't soy a huge staple crop like potatoes in much of the world?

also potatoes look pretty suspect on the level that thinks phytoestrogens are equivalent to estrogen, since potatoes (and tomatoes) are members of the nightshade family

e: it could also be a dig at harry's drinking problem since potatoes are of course used to make vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Hodgepodge posted:

makes sense i guess, since isn't soy a huge staple crop like potatoes in much of the world?

also potatoes look pretty suspect on the level that thinks phytoestrogens are equivalent to estrogen, since potatoes (and tomatoes) are members of the nightshade family

e: it could also be a dig at harry's drinking problem since potatoes are of course used to make vodka

I read the Kojko-potato thing as a tongue-in-cheek reference to stereotypes of Eastern Europeans. Love of potatoes and dividing into micronations (:tito:) is part of that iirc