Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im not saying youre wrong just weird how its different for different people with the same eye thing . the body is a mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I assume we've all beaten the 1200 games from that bundle already

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

Same but the opposite

most handhelds throughout history are by nintendo which means on average a handheld console will demolish your hands if you play it for long periods

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Being able to play RPGs on my Switch is nice but I inevitably end up playing them in bed and having to take a lot of naps. This chat also reminds me that I did beat AI this year, I beat it over St Patricks weekend which feels like forever ago

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

most handhelds throughout history are by nintendo which means on average a handheld console will demolish your hands if you play it for long periods

same except the exact opposite every nintendo handheld is comfortable in my hands and the psp and vita sucked rear end for my hands

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

This does explain my gnarled, appalling grabbers.

I ordered one of those too-expensive hori joycons things for the switch so I'm hoping that helps

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's apparently Wizard101's birthday this month so they gave some free poo poo to players as well as putting up some birthday-related things in their cash shop and one of the things they put up is a mount that is this.

It just carries you around under its arm and occasionally gives you noogies.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Grew up playing JRPGS handheld and will die doing so

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
too many games make us use our hands as it is, where is the immersive gamer gel we can suspend ourselves in to truly experience the world of azeroth full-body surround experience

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

They're making a new one I know but basically:
If this is the old Higurashi anime from the sound of it you mistakenly started at the second season. There are two seasons and the first should cover six loops which are the ones Rika refers to in the part you've watched, notably the first loop of the first season where Keiichi is the killer.

But yes, you should have gone with the VN.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I kind of want to try Umineko but apparently the word-count is longer than all GoT books combined and if I can't get some voice acting I just CANNOT commit to that
One character has her laugh voiced (with just the best laugh ever)

Chev fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 3, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

It just carries you around under its arm and occasionally gives you noogies.

There's an FF14 mount that does this too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There is also a christmas mount that is an unamused mile that has been dressed up to look like rudolph.

The actual mount animation is you giving him a piggyback ride though instead of you riding on his back, presumably because he's too pissed off with his outfit to actually bother moving around.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Chev posted:

If this is the old Higurashi anime from the sound of it you mistakenly started at the second season. There are two seasons and the first should cover six loops which are the ones Rika refers to in the part you've watched, notably the first loop of the first season where Keiichi is the killer.

But yes, you should have gone with the VN.

One character has her laugh voiced (with just the best laugh ever)
The ojousama laugh?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The only mount I need

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stux posted:

dang im really nearsighted as well but for me the larger screen is better lol

i dont hate handhelds or anything, i have a switch lite, but its for portable games for me. i would always prefer a giant 100 hour jrpg be on a console or pc than playing it handheld personally.

I'm the exact opposite, nothing is cozier than fully reclined on the couch half-paying attention to my waifus while King of the Hill is on in the background or something.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

al-azad posted:

I'm the exact opposite, nothing is cozier than fully reclined on the couch half-paying attention to my waifus while King of the Hill is on in the background or something.

This is why you get two monitors - no matter what you do, King of the Hill will always be on in the background

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ZbH_FBofA

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

same except the exact opposite every nintendo handheld is comfortable in my hands and the psp and vita sucked rear end for my hands

its impossible to hold a ds or 3ds and think its comfortable. the original 3ds was designed by god to demolish fingers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

its impossible to hold a ds or 3ds and think its comfortable. the original 3ds was designed by god to demolish fingers

empirically speaking, it is not impossible, because I did it, a lot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just use your pinkies to support it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the roiginal 3ds was literally physically painful for me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

perhaps it is my large powerful hands causing the problem

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i have tiny fetus hands and them honky ds's got annoying to hold in long animal crossing sessions

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just hold the system in your primary hands and operate the controls with your secondary hands, duh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only mount I need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6pVn9uZDFc

the only other mount i need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeB-VqAj7dI

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
vita was painful for me cause there wasn't enough grip surface to comfortably use the sticks. there's a reason the dualshock has handles.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rinkles posted:

vita was painful for me cause there wasn't enough grip surface to comfortably use the sticks. there's a reason the dualshock has handles.

It had really good clicky buttons so I never really bothered with the sticks (you didn't need them for Spelunky).

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grapplejack posted:

The ojousama laugh?
Well... she certainly thinks it's one.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

cheetah7071 posted:

Speaking of not beating games, I recently bounced off of Ori 2 for what feels like a very petty reason: The game has mostly 8-directional movement, so I use the D-pad because that's more comfortable for that kind of movement. But there's one move in the game with full 360 degree movement, and so I have to move to the analog stick. I could just use the stick for all movement but that feels super awkward for me for normal movement. So I just found no comfortable way to control the game and stopped playing it

Yeah that was pretty annoying. It wouldn't even have been that hard to make the function basically work with the D-Pad, makes me wonder if anyone on the dev team ever played through the game with the D-Pad. I only ran into a handful of times that I couldn't get where I needed to using that ability with just the D-Pad though.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I assume we've all beaten the 1200 games from that bundle already
I forgot I bought it, and can now freely use my laptop for non work purposes again. Hmmm

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

Same but the opposite

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

haveblue posted:

I don't get people who have half a dozen unfinished games in flight at once so I start a game, play it until I finish it, and then move on to the next. So I've beaten virtually every game I've started and I can count the ones I gave up on on one hand.

From my point of view playing a game once then moving on is weird.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I've beaten just about every game I've purchased recently. The games I haven't made a concerted effort to finish are Pyre, RE2 and Bloodstained, and I still think I'll get around to them. I'll get some free, bundled or subscription games that I'll try with no commitment.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im usually good about beating games but this year my brain has entered its sicko phase and refuses to let me finish a single player game when i could just play hours of games that never end instead

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
2020 has finally come for me specifically

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1301583687428059136

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the shredded chicken quesadilla melt??

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

im usually good about beating games but this year my brain has entered its sicko phase and refuses to let me finish a single player game when i could just play hours of games that never end instead

same except the opposite, though ck3 might ruin the streak

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1301626080290369537

That would be Arika so...do Arika do good online? Do they know what a good online is can they help do that?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Taco Bell has been systematically removing every single menu item I enjoy over the past fifteen years and they have now completed their task. When they came for the Chicken Toquitos, I said nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1301626080290369537

That would be Arika so...do Arika do good online? Do they know what a good online is can they help do that?
it doesn't matter if the online is good or not, theres nothing to synchronize, its 35 single player games of mario