Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Foehammer007 posted:

Is this worth 60$? Never played any animal crossing before but this looks kind of chill

It's been another way for my spouse and I to stay sane and calm while we continue to work from home until at least January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Of course Matt Mercer has an island in Animal Crossing and it's dope AF. The sumo ring is particularly inspired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQ7fUN_ob8

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do villagers just randomly move out for no reason or do they basically stick around if you keep them happy? So far Olaf is the only one that split but he wasn't happy anyway.

EDIT: Also, until recently, all I knew about Animal Crossing was from Smash Bros. Where is this Mr. Resetti fellow?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do villagers just randomly move out for no reason or do they basically stick around if you keep them happy? So far Olaf is the only one that split but he wasn't happy anyway.

EDIT: Also, until recently, all I knew about Animal Crossing was from Smash Bros. Where is this Mr. Resetti fellow?
Every week? or so? You'll get a random villager who'll talk about moving out, irrespective of how friendly you are with them.

There were theories about how villagers would leave faster if you ignored them and beat them with nets, but no, it's just random

Also, Resetti has been demoted to helicopter pilot for this game, he was only really a big thing in the Gamecube/Wii games, when the games were unafraid of being rude

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Thanks for the answers, I am grabbing it

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

It's random but the chance is influenced by your friendship level with all of your villagers and certain circumstances will prevent a villager from being selected. Check out this move out guide for all you need to know.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is visiting Mau-Mau (man, does he get around or what) so the gate's open. Details in the PGS thread

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mr. Resetti is a mole with anger problems who would yell at you if you quit the game without saving.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Thanksgiving is a couple months away

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Our turnips are at 410 and we have a bunch of free poo poo to the right of the plaza. Our island is still under construction so don’t make fun. We’ll be open for at least an hour.

Code: BN2HY

EDIT: Closed, thanks for stopping by!

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 4, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ya know, the way your flowers sparkle after you water them? If you have a lot of flowers together, they kind of remind me of the Eiffel Tower at night

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

SilentChaz posted:

Redd is visiting Mau-Mau (man, does he get around or what) so the gate's open. Details in the PGS thread

Thanks for opening up! I do enjoy a good Night Watch.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

GKJ08

The stars are coming down in Boston. Come make some wishes.

Celeste is at town square.

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 4, 2020

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

New code:B5S46

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

It's pretty random but sometimes you get some drama: About a month ago Hippeaux had a fight with Cheri, and I had to be the go-between. Two days later he asked to move out! Things did not go well, apparently.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's been another way for my spouse and I to stay sane and calm while we continue to work from home until at least January.

Literally the exact same situation here, we visit one another’s island almost every day and have a blast. I must be pushing 500 hours at this point...

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Spouse and I have only been playing since July, but sitting down and plotting out the changes to our island has quickly become a favorite hobby.

I also have designed some outfits for my character, just very basic color block stuff, and if everyone promises not to poke too much fun, I'll link them here.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hey, guys, I'm opening up for a particular reason. There's someone for whom I want to build a virtual pride space because they can't do that IRL yet. To do this, I really need pink roses (or any other kid of pink flower that aren't cosmos) and purple hyacinths. I could also use any blue flowers people are willing to part with, and as many green mums as I can scrounge, 'cause I've had poo poo luck trying to grow any. I know those are hard to come by, though, so I'd just be grateful for the roses and hyacinths in particular.

SO

Does something stink
And have a lotta teeth
Where you gonna go
TO SHARKFARTS!

Is the island weird
Yes, but it looks good
Where you gonna go
TO SHARKFARTS!

Leif is here to by weed if you're holding. Other than that, he has hibiscus, tea olives, pansies, and tulips.

Nook's has a hi-fi stereo, a table setting, a hose reel, and unlimited typewriters and books. Leave your nips at home 'cause they're trading at a horrendous 55.

Not much in Able's, but they have jester's caps and bomber jackets. Please share your custom designs!

Next to Nook's, the Sharing Cone has given us numerous free gifts, including clothing, household goods, and DIY recipes. Please take anything you want.

Fruit, fish, bugs, rocks, sticks and other tree sheddings, and shells are up for grabs. For once, I'm gonna ask people not to pick flowers because I want them for my project, but you can help yourself to any wild mums you might run across.

I'm mostly AFK, but I'll check in on and off. You can plant any donation flowers by where I'm sitting, or plant them in the big flower field(left side of the main island). You no longer need a ladder or pole to enjoy Sharkfarts!

Coming Soon:
The Sharkfarts Costume Institute
The Library of Peloponnesia
24/7 Pride Party Island

DODO CODE: Closed and filled with gratitude! thank you guys!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 4, 2020

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I have pink roses if you still need some. Let me know.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I have pink roses if you still need some. Let me know.

I still need some, thank you so much! The island is open.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

On my way. Let me grab them. I’ll plant near the airport and you can move them.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Planted 6 by the bear near the airport. I have some more but need to hunt to find them. Let me know you need any other ones.

Also still have so many black roses I want to give away. Let me know if anyone wants some.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Resetti is now Rescue Services! I’m sad that we never see him anymore but at least he’s still around.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Meteor shower rn here on my (spring/southern hemisphere) island. I’m afk so you aint a bother if you wanna visit just for bugs/fish/exploring.

e: celeste is on the NW mountain

e: closed, thanks for coming all

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 4, 2020

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I had a villager ask me to do a treasure hunt yesterday for the first time, thought they must've added in minigames in a patch so I checked, and apparently this has been in since launch? I've played every single day since release and this is the first time I got one! Wild.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Tender Bender posted:

I had a villager ask me to do a treasure hunt yesterday for the first time, thought they must've added in minigames in a patch so I checked, and apparently this has been in since launch? I've played every single day since release and this is the first time I got one! Wild.

They’re pretty rare tbh. I’ve been playing since March and have only done treasure hunts twice.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I've made three trips to Sharkfarts and gone through a couple of shovels, but it's worth it to help make a virtual Pride space for someone.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

They’re pretty rare tbh. I’ve been playing since March and have only done treasure hunts twice.

Sometimes if you talk to them several times in a row they will initiate a treasure hunt. That or they just get sick of you talking to them.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah. I have logged over 1300 hours, and I've been asked to do it twice. Granted, both quests were over in less than a minute--since they bury it really close to Resident Services--but it was nice to see some variety in gameplay.

I believe it's rare because it's contending with every other potential conversation you can have with your town members. I suspect that, since I no longer have any free/soft ground space anywhere near the plaza, I'll never see the mini game again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like nearly every player ends up making a Weeb Corner just for all the extremely Japanese decorations, but Blanche is definitely a perfect centrepiece.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel like nearly every player ends up making a Weeb Corner just for all the extremely Japanese decorations, but Blanche is definitely a perfect centrepiece.

Yeah, she and Rory both have Japanese-style houses, so that's my excuse! (also thank you!)

Tender Bender posted:

I've done it twice since I started playing at the end of May, but I totally failed one time!

SilentChaz posted:

I've made three trips to Sharkfarts and gone through a couple of shovels, but it's worth it to help make a virtual Pride space for someone.

thank you so fuckign much omg

seriously seriously, thank you all so much, I'm so excited! And I'm gonna have enough pink roses left over for my house! I am so grateful, guys, thank you all so much.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Planted 6 by the bear near the airport. I have some more but need to hunt to find them. Let me know you need any other ones.

Also still have so many black roses I want to give away. Let me know if anyone wants some.

Sorry I missed this in the previous post. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Prowler posted:

Yeah. I have logged over 1300 hours, and I've been asked to do it twice. Granted, both quests were over in less than a minute--since they bury it really close to Resident Services--but it was nice to see some variety in gameplay.

I believe it's rare because it's contending with every other potential conversation you can have with your town members. I suspect that, since I no longer have any free/soft ground space anywhere near the plaza, I'll never see the mini game again.

Hmmm. Anecdotal here, but mine was clear across the island (right next to the eastern beach, while my resident services is near the western beach). So don't give up hope!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Prowler posted:

All my villagers seem to want to talk to me about is how I totally buried some bells the other day. Or one of my alts buried bells. Or hey do you know if [mule] has any favorite foods?

Phoebe, you've never even met the mules, why do you care?! I wish they wouldn't weight the bell-burying and stuff so heavily in the dialog. Villagers have interesting things to say, but you never get to see it unless you talk to them over and over and over and I ain't got time for that poo poo!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, the other day Tipper was all "I heard you been shakin' some trees" like it's some big loving secret.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Silver Falcon posted:

All my villagers seem to want to talk to me about is how I totally buried some bells the other day. Or one of my alts buried bells. Or hey do you know if [mule] has any favorite foods?

Phoebe, you've never even met the mules, why do you care?! I wish they wouldn't weight the bell-burying and stuff so heavily in the dialog. Villagers have interesting things to say, but you never get to see it unless you talk to them over and over and over and I ain't got time for that poo poo!

I'm wearing the pirate pants and coat from Gullivaarr and now they like to comment on that (as well as talking about my storage alt).

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Anyone have decent turnip prices? I'm stuck at 55 :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

Anyone have decent turnip prices? I'm stuck at 55 :(

I have 170 for my afternoon price. You'll at least make a decent profit!

closed but I could open up again later if more folks are desperate.

I can open for an hour or so. Help yourself to the DIY pile in front of Abel's.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 4, 2020

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Silver Falcon posted:

I have 170 for my afternoon price. You'll at least make a decent profit!

I can open for an hour or so. Help yourself to the DIY pile in front of Abel's.

Thanks! I'll be right there

Edit: done! I left you some cash but I think someone else took it

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

Thanks! I'll be right there

Edit: done! I left you some cash but I think someone else took it

I got the money, thanks! I grabbed it while I was walking by doing my chores.