Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They aren't releasing the whole season at once?!?!?! loving bullshit imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mcmagic posted:

They aren't releasing the whole season at once?!?!?! loving bullshit imo

Apparently they're doing this: "Amazon is dropping the first three episodes all at once on September 4. But after that, you'll have to wait for another new episode each Friday. That means The Boys Season 2 finale won't air until October 9."

Bastards! Maybe I'll wait until they're all out, but I doubt I can hold off.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/the-boys-season-2-release-time-amazon-episodes

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Im glad. Im very much over binge releases

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Its weird, the last season released all at once. I might have to get up early tomorrow to get them all in before work starts. Because I'm that kind of sad bastard.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

100% same. This will carry me basically until Mandalorian starts again!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I am excite

it's getting great reviews (altho I wouldn't read any of them even if you pointed a lazer baby at my head)

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_boys_2019/s02

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Phi230 posted:

I agree, this seems like a nice mix of the two styles.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

RudeCat posted:

I agree, this seems like a nice mix of the two styles.

as long as there's more than 9 episodes this season, I'll be happy.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
The first 3 episodes are up on Amazon for me (US)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

The first 3 episodes are up on Amazon for me (US)

yup. Looks like we're live. I was watching "inside the boys" and e1 (a season 1 recap) auto played into e2 where the intro spoiled the first episode of s2.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Woof. Episode 1 likes the sudden random brutality.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Who was that playing Made For TV movie Billy Butcher?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Who was that playing Made For TV movie Billy Butcher?

IMDB-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4484458/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t29

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aww, I was hoping it was a weird in-joke.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god this loving song

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I was not expecting that many shoes to drop in episode 1.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
homie is shook

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

They're definitely keeping up the creativity in the field of "sad sack former heroes monetizing their powers in weird and sad ways"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I see they recast Homelander's kid because they decided to make him a huge loving dweeb instead of a budding psycho.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

What’s the point in not dropping them all at once?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately, I don't think Stormfront is going to be the alt-right to Homelander's fascism. I think she's just comic relief.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

sponges posted:

So people talk about the show longer. The binge watch limits discussion for all but a few shows.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Goddamn Homelander :stare:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PostNouveau posted:

Unfortunately, I don't think Stormfront is going to be the alt-right to Homelander's fascism. I think she's just comic relief.

But she's right about Pippi Longstocking, that girl doesn't get enough credit

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Watched em loved em, they did give a lot away in advance, I need to avoid trailers and stuff in future

Hughie seemed too emo but he seems to be snapping out of it by ep 3

Stormfront is vile but funny, Homelander is funny but vile, it's a subtle difference

They teased the 'fly' which I know they said was an accident in the 1st season but they may be rolling with it to be something more

Wolverine or a strong imitation was apparently a founding member of the Seven, in that movie pitch of their origin

Kimiko's gonna split Stormfronts wig

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Welp episode 3 really sets the plot for the rest of the season. That might've been my favorite episode of the show.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

sponges posted:

Because Covid has shut down production and most of the studios are running on fumes for content

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Finished all three episodes, and spoiler free review is basically "loving batshit insane in a good way". Or, as Butcher would say, "loving diabolical".

I'm honestly surprised as how much character development happens for the characters we already thought we knew pretty well.

Black Noir is still great. :colbert:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Watched e1 and im hyped for aya cash. "Youre the worst"is one of my favorite shows of the last decade. Looking forward to her acting her rear end off again

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm only halfway through episode 1 and it's great already.

loving translucent's funeral with the empty casket and every picture of him invisible. Also the deep calling eagle the archer raven something.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Stormfront seemed pretty cool the first couple episodes but man that name couldn’t have telegraphed the heel turn any harder.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

holy poo poo, I can't tell if Stormfront planned the housing estate massacre or she just got annoyed by the screaming and decided to just burn them all. crazy how quick it changed to her manufacturing a terrorist attack. plus it was definitely not a coincidence it was a whole house of PoC and she ended it off by slurring the guy as she killed him.

also the black/purple eye effects are nuts

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The friction between Homelander and Stormfront should be fun. He's more of the corporate go America evil and she's more gently caress it who cares evil with a dash of racsism, but at every level they're pretty much the same person who doesn't give a gently caress about regular people. A kind of person that is going to hate someone just like them long-term.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just finished ep 1 but every scene with The Deep is loving hilarious.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Supreme Allah posted:

Watched em loved em, they did give a lot away in advance, I need to avoid trailers and stuff in future

They teased the 'fly' which I know they said was an accident in the 1st season but they may be rolling with it to be something more

What? When was that, I think I missed it.

Also Patton Oswalt's character was a surprise

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep 3: Black Noir crying :(

I wonder who between Homelander and Kimiko will finally kill Stormfront.

I am so glad this show is back and I can't wait for the next episode.

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like she's just her char from You're The Worst. Until episode 3. :stonklol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/uCyCg5z.mp4

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I think they're just building her up for the heel turn.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sponges posted:

Yeah there are multiple reasons The Mandalorian was the breakout hit of 2019 but dragging out the excitement and the conversation over the course of 2 months was a huge factor. Compared to say, The Witcher, which people binged in a week, the song went viral, and everyone stopped talking about it after a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Like everything that gets dropped all at once