Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

"Individuals are free to vote with their wallets."
*a literal co-operative that elects its management votes with its wallet*
"No, not like that."

:mmmhmm:

It's near-identical to the fun you can have with libertarians/ancaps and their attitude to unions. "A society based on voluntary association, contracts, bargaining and leveraging power...but if the workers voluntarily club together to maximise their bargaining power in the ~~labour market~~~ that's bad".

This whole Co-op thing seems to be even more of a flimsy, stirred-out-of-nothing rightwing outrage than The Proms. The Co-op membership votes to pull advertising from conservative/reactionary publications, of which The Spectator is (unsurprisingly) one. A Co-op ad appears in The Spectator as part of a package deal (presumably either a package with the publisher or the advertising agency) due to an unfortunate oversight. Stop Funding Hate notices and tags The Co-op in a tweet highlighting this. A trans person retweets that tweet. The Co-op respond to both SFH and the individual, saying that it's an oversight and they will pull the ads from The Spectator. Andrew Neil does the "you can't leave me, I leave you" move, accusing The Co-op of trying to influence the mag's editorial content by not advertising in it.

Now twitter's full of [initial][last name][numbers][england flag] accounts saying that, as long-time Co-op customers, Labour voters and Spectator readers (!) they will no longer be patronising the Co-op due to this terrible attack on free speech and them personally. Similar accounts heap suspiciously-similar-sounding praise on The Spectator's balance, integrity and willingness to publish 'both sides of the issue' (funny, I used to read it and even 10+ years ago I can't remember any views to the left of "when you think about it in the long term, it's bad for business to starve your workforce to death so maybe benefits shouldn't be totally axed" - aka One Nation Conservatism - being given column space. I dread to think what it's like now).

And all this is being spun as "Loony hyper-woke Co-op pulls ads from Britain's oldest magazine because one LGBT Activist complained on twitter".

Piss-boiling stuff, it really is.

Edit: Pet-pic tax

BalloonFish fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mebh posted:

The fudge has arrived just in time for my wife's eye surgery.

This does not sound medically safe.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

My postie just delivered my fudge too.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mehall posted:

Similar to what Camrath said, our kitten came knowing to use the litter box.

Um please noone ask me for fudge, ok, I have no idea how to make it? :shobon:

Edit: nm missed a post carry on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1301380400443465729?s=19
https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1301466151738896384?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Communist Thoughts posted:

camrath is a good egg who always gets his dinner boy but im gonna hire wage slaves to undercut his business then use that money to buy a politician to have fudjit declared a terrorist organisation

art of the deal
Keep acting like that and the government will give you formal domain over confectionery. Some kind of Lord Sugar.

BalloonFish posted:

It's near-identical to the fun you can have with libertarians/ancaps and their attitude to unions. "A society based on voluntary association, contracts, bargaining and leveraging power...but if the workers voluntarily club together to maximise their bargaining power in the ~~labour market~~~ that's bad".
"It means freedom for me, but not for thee!" is probably the oldest English tradition.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I definitely have to acquire an illegal copy of this book at some point, if I can be bothered.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So "Left Out" is supposed to be a book about Labour when Corbyn was leader?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
It's the telling expose about how bad corbyn was or something.

One of them, anyway.

So far all they seem to be exposing is how much of their own farts the authors have been huffing.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

People will be all over it and ignore the leaked report won't they.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Um please noone ask me for fudge, ok, I have no idea how to make it? :shobon:

Edit: nm missed a post carry on

my fiancee is on a conference call in the next room you prick, how am I supposed to hold that laughter

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
My fudge also arrived, and it is delicious. Thanks Camrath!

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Another member of the fudge eaters club reporting in. Mine just arrived once again is very yummy. Making a very work heavy Friday much better!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is the us but lmao

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1300509370372050954?s=19

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

He made 40k on gofundme from this

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SpaceCommie posted:

I just put in an offer on a flat partially because the owners had a chatty cat in there when I arrived.

It's made me miss my old cat, but I've never had to go through the early stages of cat ownership. How long does training them to use the litter box etc take? Do you keep your inside? I grew up in the middle of nowhere so we just used to let them roam free.

In other news my fudge arrived today!

Smells amazing! And the small but of apple pie I tried was simply divine!

Is this a first time buy? Are you using Help to Buy or Shared Ownership? I've saved quite a big deposit but found my options are still quite limited in London (where my job and family are) because of my salary. I started toward a shared ownership place in Ilford late last year but I don't know if that's still the best option, I think I'd rather take the Help to Buy loan, but the Ilford place was ideal, if it were Help to Buy the price would be in my affordability. Feeling under pressure as I need to move out before my dad does, and hes expecting an offer on this place any day now.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I know when I wreck a flat, I make sure to remove the windows from the frames completely then only hit them once. Or hit the door with a hammer only once and no more. Or leave the expensive fridge completely alone because it'd probably be the most expensive to replace.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Thanks for catte advice everyone. I'm waiting for the agent to call me back and say my offer was declined so let it might be a way off anyway (all my optimism has left me since the GE)

Continuity RCP posted:

He made 40k on gofundme for this

The landlord or the person that wrecked the place?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SpaceCommie posted:

Thanks for catte advice everyone. I'm waiting for the agent to call me back and say my offer was declined so let it might be a way off anyway (all my optimism has left me since the GE)

The landlord

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Can someone set one up for the tenant?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I know when I wreck a flat, I make sure to remove the windows from the frames completely then only hit them once. Or hit the door with a hammer only once and no more. Or leave the expensive fridge completely alone because it'd probably be the most expensive to replace.

Absolutely - I hate to be the whole 'faaaake' person, but the damage is all careful and cosmetic, once the windows are replaced and the floors cleaned it's good. No damage to appliances, no damage to walls, doorframes etc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Red Oktober posted:

Absolutely - I hate to be the whole 'faaaake' person, but the damage is all careful and cosmetic, once the windows are replaced and the floors cleaned it's good. No damage to appliances, no damage to walls, doorframes etc.

It is very obviously fake, including the man yelling because he can't actually fake crying.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
They were so friggin' awful to Corbyn - bullying, harassment. Just shows how strong a person he was to survive that for over 4 years.
My admiration for the Jam Man grows.
I'm sickened knowing these people who vulnerable constituents turn to for help are some of the biggest bullies around.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Extremely cool of starmer to give Matthews 130k or whatever it is to not sue the Labour party

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/1301896311546023936?s=19

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is this a first time buy? Are you using Help to Buy or Shared Ownership? I've saved quite a big deposit but found my options are still quite limited in London (where my job and family are) because of my salary. I started toward a shared ownership place in Ilford late last year but I don't know if that's still the best option, I think I'd rather take the Help to Buy loan, but the Ilford place was ideal, if it were Help to Buy the price would be in my affordability. Feeling under pressure as I need to move out before my dad does, and hes expecting an offer on this place any day now.

First time buy, I've been very fortunate in that I was able to live at home for quite a while to build up savings and had help from my folks.

I'm looking to just use savings for the deposit tbh. Shared ownership is still too much like renting for me, I want the piece of mind of just having a place of my own in the end. That does mean I mostly get sent the obsolute dreggs of the market but there are a few nice places too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Continuity RCP posted:

He made 40k on gofundme from this

Who the gently caress are all these people sitting around on gofundme waiting to shovel cash at these rando dickheads?

It boggles the mind.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I AM BOGGLED

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Who the gently caress are all these people sitting around on gofundme waiting to shovel cash at these rando dickheads?

It boggles the mind.

Dunno but I really feel like I need to get in on this poo poo

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Got home to fudge. It's amazing - gave a packet to my barber who now wants some for himself.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Camrath is surely going to murder you all now he knows where you live

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It boggles the mind.

I have the same attitude towards a lot of the internet these days tbh.

Must be getting old.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose posted:

If so my only wish is that my body is made into more fudge.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jose posted:

My wife spent a time doing GDPR stuff for her employer, so I can assure you that such data is handled securely and with best practice. But I do almost literally have UKMT.xls, yes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Necrothatcher posted:

Why else do you think he was going to murder you?

The secret ingredient in SolyentAwful Fudge is posters.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Camrath posted:

My wife spent a time doing GDPR stuff for her employer, so I can assure you that such data is handled securely and with best practice. But I do almost literally have UKMT.xls, yes.

Didn't you say you used to do opposition research on lefties?

Seems like the sort of data would be quite useful, proper dodgy IMO.

Not that I want to go sell fudge to nazis or anything to test it.

e: to be clear this post is in jest

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 4, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

It boggles the mind.
Going to record a video about how I was harassed by leftie hate trolls and woke police because my dog, named Rule Britannia But Also Hitler Was Right But Also The Dog From Dambusters, bit a Marxist tenant in my buy to let Victorian studio sweatshop.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

Next fudge flavour - "Glad She's Dead"
Ingredients - Roast Beef and Parsnips.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

People in the comments pointing out that the place was spotless before "someone" broke a bunch of poo poo

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

SpaceCommie posted:

If you have a look at the damage done and the manner/locations of it, I'm fairly certain these are infact the same person, everything that has been damaged is a removable fitting, all of the windows taken down and smashed with a single blow but not a single dent on the fridge oven or washer? paint splashes on the floor and skirting boards but never on the wall, one hole in a patchable door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

first off, well done on saving a big deposit. i agree that shared ownership is a bit limiting so youre right to rule that out. the most important thing is not to panic and definitely dont feel the need to buy a place to move into to fit in with your dad's plans. most sales take months so youre better off renting privately and taking that opportunity to live in the neighbourhood you plan to buy in. dont worry about missing out on the stamp duty holiday as lots of sellers are pricing that in now anyway! good luck