Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
You could probably pay the person the cost of the plane ticket and I'm sure they'd be willing to ship

E: lovely snipe so here's a pic of my new diecast mark 7 and his super friends

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I didn't find much on Thingiverse(unless I don't know the right keywords) but is there a site for 3d printer files for replacement components for old toy lines? My parents still have my old Terrordrome and Space Shuttle sitting around at their house and I sometimes get the urge to try restoring them.

There's also Yeggi you can add to the above list

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Stopped at Walgreens on my way to the dentist and I found a ML Silver Centurion. It’s my favorite classic armor so I’m happy.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Stopped at Walgreens on my way to the dentist and I found a ML Silver Centurion. It’s my favorite classic armor so I’m happy.

poo poo, he's out already? Might have to check my Walgreens.

Also, found MOTU/WWE Undertaker today finally. I saw they restocked and he wasn't on the peg, then I glimpsed a pile of the figures a few feet down on the lower shelf and there was one in there! My GITD addiction is sated until Scareglow, which I have a sick feeling is going to be a king hell bitch to find at retail.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

poo poo, he's out already? Might have to check my Walgreens.

I saw Shartimus mention it was out in his last video. I was surprised. I wouldn’t have stopped otherwise.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh, that looks great! I think I might grab that lightbox.

So I DID get this lightbox, and it it super cool. Took some photos of my latest buys and I'm already super happy with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Now make them fight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Marriage Night posted:

Now make them kiss

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One is a child so pls don’t make them kiss

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

One is a child so pls don’t make them kiss

I have bad news for you about Batman

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s a child?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You're like 3/4 of the way there

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That cape tech is so gorgeous.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have bad news for you about Batman

IS THIS HIS SHAMEFUL SECRET??????????????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

Flying during a pandemic in one of the hardest hit countries in the world for a toy.

I mostly posted it here to convince myself it's a bad idea.

I have a deal working with the one posted but the wife wants me to wait 2 weeks.

Edit: Because of lousy experiences purchasing expensive stuff in the past the wife is adamant I fully inspect the set before I fork over a dime. So hopefully they still have it in 10-12 days.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 4, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I do hope you get it as that castle looks amazing - but keep your rear end safe! :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I owned it as a child. It was the fantasy equivalent of the GIJ aircraft carrier. I just want it back for entirely childish and selfish reasons.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Rhyno posted:

I mostly posted it here to convince myself it's a bad idea.

I have a deal working with the one posted but the wife wants me to wait 2 weeks.

Edit: Because of lousy experiences purchasing expensive stuff in the past the wife is adamant I fully inspect the set before I fork over a dime. So hopefully they still have it in 10-12 days.

Hopefully you can get it! I've followed Mike's Vintage on instagram for what seems like a few years, but never been to the physical store because of distance. He seems like a pretty good guy overall.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So Popfindr feels like it gives out false positives, for lack of a better term. I saw they had a Cobra Trooper and Baroness at a semi-local Target and away I went except... they didn't in fact have them and hadn't gotten them in, although the lady working there said that it could mean they might be there tomorrow. I wonder what make it ping that a store has something because it doesn't feel like 'on shelf' or even 'in store.'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agrias120 posted:

Hopefully you can get it! I've followed Mike's Vintage on instagram for what seems like a few years, but never been to the physical store because of distance. He seems like a pretty good guy overall.

I'm going hogwild into vintage MOTU and I am determined, I will get it all back.

But jesus the prices on some figures is nuts.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I DID get this lightbox, and it it super cool. Took some photos of my latest buys and I'm already super happy with it.

These look nice, I'm eyeing getting the same lightbox. I've watched some videos on it, and it seems to get nice and bright for photos. I think I have pretty good composition for my shots, but the lighting is always terrible, so I'm hoping this will help out. I mostly take photos for my own enjoyment, but I do have an account on Instagram, and I'd like to get a few more follows. Though, sometimes I don't think it's really the quality of the photo that determines that, rather than the subject matter and hashtags. I've yet to crack the code. (The real answer is to post only pictures of DBZ stuff--no one seems to care much about the rest of my collection)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have friends in the cosplay community and they say never to use more than 3 or 4 hashtags. The Algorithm will punish you for using too many.

For that it's usually the character, the property, and a cosplay hashtag. For toys I'd probably do product line, character and maybe property, and then a toy photography one. For Batman you definitely only need to tag Batman and not DC Comics or anything, but for Deku you probably want to go with BNHA because those fans are rabid and all consuming.

(The real question is if you do #MHA or #BNHA or #MyHeroAcademia or #BokuNoHeroAdademia etc.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

I have friends in the cosplay community and they say never to use more than 3 or 4 hashtags. The Algorithm will punish you for using too many.

For that it's usually the character, the property, and a cosplay hashtag. For toys I'd probably do product line, character and maybe property, and then a toy photography one. For Batman you definitely only need to tag Batman and not DC Comics or anything, but for Deku you probably want to go with BNHA because those fans are rabid and all consuming.

(The real question is if you do #MHA or #BNHA or #MyHeroAcademia or #BokuNoHeroAdademia etc.)

Wow, thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'll definitely try this out from now on!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ImKeithDavid/status/1301926022934228994?s=20

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I grabbed that light box on the rec in here before the pics were posted. Will bust it out this weekend and gently caress around for sure now.

Nanigans posted:

Wow, thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'll definitely try this out from now on!

Cross platform promoting.

Join the ACBA Facebook group, post your pics with a long to you insta. There's also the discord:

https://discord.gg/UzAStCF

People in there are pretty active. There are other groups but in mostly into the ACBA side of things since I like the tangible effect aspect and actually being really creative with your photography.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 4, 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The TMNT movie accessory pack is up for pre-order on NECA's site. $50 for the pack + $15 for shipping is pretty obscene but man, I can't say no to dumb accessories to what I already consider some of the best action figures ever made. I also can't say no to supporting the line because of how wonderful it is.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

I grabbed that light box on the rec in here before the pics were posted. Will bust it out this weekend and gently caress around for sure now.

Cross platform promoting.

Join the ACBA Facebook group, post your pics with a long to you insta. There's also the discord:

https://discord.gg/UzAStCF

People in there are pretty active. There are other groups but in mostly into the ACBA side of things since I like the tangible effect aspect and actually being really creative with your photography.

I see a page for ACBA but not necessarily a FB group. Do you have a link?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I don't have as link because my phone keeps opening the app instead of a webpage, but eBay is running a "25% off 25 brands" promotion as part of their 25th anniversary and Hasbro is one of those brands. They're a big ol' banner about it on the ebay homepage. Code is PARTYFOR25

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Timotheous Venture posted:

I don't have as link because my phone keeps opening the app instead of a webpage, but eBay is running a "25% off 25 brands" promotion as part of their 25th anniversary and Hasbro is one of those brands. They're a big ol' banner about it on the ebay homepage. Code is PARTYFOR25

How does it determine that you’re buying items for the right brand? Or is it specifically stuff bought from Hasbro’s ebay seller listings?

Edit— figured it out, it’s if you buy direct from the Hasbro Toy Shop eBay account

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 4, 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

I see a page for ACBA but not necessarily a FB group. Do you have a link?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACBAgroup/?ref=share

But yeah the discord has a lot of content creators in there. A few of the reviewers hang around, too, under aliases, but I've been sworn to secrecy on who all is actually in the chat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve been trying Instagram for years with toy photos. Only two posts broke past 20.

I made a new account and gently caress it was even worse. Even with some higher profile people following me.

I don’t know. I’m still gonna do it but mostly for me at this point.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah I just suck at instagram or not understand The Algorithm because very rarely do my posts break double-digits, and I never get new followers whereas I’ve seen people with half as many posts as me but 3x the followers and hundreds of “likes” on each post. :iiam:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I randomly found all of the Galaxy’s Edge 3.75” Droid Depot packs on a grocery run today and they’re pretty decent. The R2s are pretty much the same as the Droid Depot figures with swappable parts from the Disney parks. The only major difference is the legs, which have the power cable detail things on the feet, whereas the parks version omits them to keep the legs basic. The BBs are different though. These new ones just have a flat spot on the bottom to keep them from rolling, whereas the Disney parks versions are nice and weighted in one spot and have removable covers for the ball. It’s not bad though, especially at the 2/$10 price point. They all look good though, especially the purple BB, the orange/black R2, and the Coca Cola R2/R5. I also found the Black Series Star Tours droid and he’s loving great, even if his articulation is limited to his arms.

I also checked the GIJs for the rest of you, but all they had was a pair of Roadblocks and a Duke.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I tried copying the hashtags of more prominent users, and that helped a little.

I've also found despite the time and effort it takes me to set up big group photos, or elaborate poses/battle scenes, my posts with the most likes are sometimes just pictures of my shelves, or a close up on a figure from the waist up. It makes it a little disheartening sometimes, but yeah, I'm mostly doing it for me. I have a whole word file with photo ideas for anytime I have a spare moment. :)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My friend said that too.

But I gotta make my art the way I feel like I have to make it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I remember being at Universal Studios Orlando and seeing some dude taking pictures of action figures on one of the house stoops around ‘Brooklyn’. I wish I’d been able to find the pics/guy. I just remember they were storm troopers.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Got my Baroness today and she is :swoon: I paid through the nose for her but I chalk it up to my Covid-tax or whatever. She's absolute perfection except for the elbow joints which can barely make it to a 90 degree angle. It's the dumbest thing on a figure loaded up with tons of articulation. But other than that, she's amazing. She's everything I would have wanted in a 6-inch joe besides a ton more accessories (alt-heads, alt-hands etc). I even like the bike that came with her. It's much bigger and heftier than I imagined (it's just lacking some embellishing paint apps and a darker red).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think the only actual toy photographer I follow is @workmoreorless, but his stuff is incredible and he always shares tons of other artists’ stuff. I have mad respect for the people who do that. Toys are surprisingly difficult to shoot in interesting and dynamic ways.

Most of my toy-related follows on Instagram are customizers, which is another talent I’m consistently blown away by.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Trooper_nerd is a cool one. Nice dude too.

I don’t follow many others tbh just because I’ve been using my new insta as a portfolio rather than a content aggregator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel really good