Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Probably brings in donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Lent Derek Carr his pickup so he could move last weekend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SirPablo posted:

Why does Clowney live in Houston just so he can meet and discuss the Saints?

Kept his house when he played for the Texans? :shrug:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Silly Burrito posted:

Kept his house when he played for the Texans? :shrug:

That was a joke about the syntax of the sentence.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Peterman gives the Raiders defense confidence.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

King Hong Kong posted:

That was a joke about the syntax of the sentence.

Sometimes I am dumb.

https://twitter.com/Nader723/status/1301664613151453185

Not official yet but this is the guy everyone is crediting with the story.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s a crime that Peterman wasn’t forced to play the entire game that one time when he threw 5 picks in the first half.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s a crime that Peterman wasn’t forced to play the entire game that one time when he threw 5 picks in the first half.

Definitely agree

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Why would Clowney sign for 10 mill? That's the lowest reported offer any team's given him to this point, what the gently caress

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Manoueverable posted:

Why would Clowney sign for 10 mill? That's the lowest reported offer any team's given him to this point, what the gently caress

I trust Nader Mirfiq, the host of “Sports Overtime” on @TalkDatNOLA :colbert:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ring chasing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he’s always been about the ring

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Not sure why he thinks a team thats going to have a 4th heartbreaking exit from the playoffs in a row is gonna win a ring. But at least the seahawks didn't sign him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Its of my opinion that none of the teams that are interested in him are going to the super bowl so thats a bad reason to take a smaller deal

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

Not sure why he thinks a team thats going to have a 4th heartbreaking exit from the playoffs in a row is gonna win a ring. But at least the seahawks didn't sign him.

:colbert:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1301914970624593922

lol everyone hated earl

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

really queer Christmas posted:

We dont know that yet! I'm clinging onto my .05% chance

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It is my opinion is that Jadeveon Clowney isn't all that great as a pass rusher and $12m per is probably closer to his actual value than the $20m he thought he'd get.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I agree with diva

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Clowney is good, but i swear to god that tackle he made where he popped the guys lid ended up earning him when all is said and done easily tens of millions more.

Also if I'm the saints, don't pay Kamara. Just don't pay running backs. If I'm running a team I'm never committing anything close to a max on running back, it just doesn't make sense.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Surprised the Vikings weren't more if a potential then, given how the Ngakoue move played out.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I don't think Clowney has lived up to anywhere near his level of hype. I don't think he belongs in the top tier pass rushers like Bosa(s), Miller, Watt(s), Garrett, Lawrence and Chubb

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He's a gamecock, which means he's cool.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
He really doesn't. He's a great piece who can absolutely dominate the right game, and is a top notch run stuffer (which the Seahawks love) but he has a tendency to disappear from the pass rush. You could never say that about Aaron Donald.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Antonio Clowney

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Clowney is a solid supplemental pass rusher in his prime. He's got a very specific niche.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

#Blessed content

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1301638171499868160

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Watson is too cool for the Texans.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

D-LINK posted:

I don't think Clowney has lived up to anywhere near his level of hype. I don't think he belongs in the top tier pass rushers like Bosa(s), Miller, Watt(s), Garrett, Lawrence and Chubb

Right, he'd be a clear #2 to Hunter (missing from your list).

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mega64 posted:

Watson is too cool for the Texans.

bill o’brien probably agrees, so don’t worry about him being a Texan for much longer

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I’ve said it before but deshaun Watson will start for the New England patriots in 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

He's a gamecock, which means he's cool.

I too love melvin ingram

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
JAY NO DO NOT gently caress A COW

https://twitter.com/JeremyLayt0n/status/1301914079448227840

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The rumors were him with Tomi, not Loomer.

Also that’s a good cow.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Oh thank god.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Clowney is a very good player and you should pay to get very good players

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

D-LINK posted:

He was overbilled coming out. He wasn't as good of a prospect as Mario Williams or Joey Bosa, more in the line of Chubb/Garrett. Big knocks coming out were the same as Garretts. Just bigger than everyone and bullied everyone. Problem was he utterly blew up a big ten RB and became a legend. So people thought he was legitimately the best DE to ever come out and we were going to get this behemoth destroying people in the NFL ignoring that he was still about as big as NFL linemen playing his position already. Just way too high expectations for anotherwise really great prospect.

Only problem is Clowney is really, really good. Top ten in TFL three years in a row, tons of QBhits and hurries. That's missing his prowess at filling gaps in the run game too. His tackles per game aren't absurd but they're consistently among the top of people playing his position. He went over to the Seahawks, played out of position in a gap filler role, and still had an okay season. I could easily see him bouncing back especially since he is just entering his prime.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I think people should look at Clowney more as a general disruptor than a pure pass rusher but I'm talking out of my rear end

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1301879410837123072?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Metapod posted:

Clowney is a very good player and you should pay to get very good players

Agreed.

As a DE; top 5 run defense, top 20 pass rusher.

He generates a ton of pressures despite being literally one of the most double teamed DEs in 2019.

Clowney is a stone cold steal at $10 million.