Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hopefully this isn't locked-down intel, but Tacos fans on the discord seem to be about evenly split between going all out for the Soul Swap blessing (which would probably reroll four half-star hitters and a zero-star pitcher), buying votes and saving them to bombard next season's juiciest decrees and blessings, and eating the blaseball gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It's been a rough 24 hours for Hawaii, who are now 10 games behind the Millennials and a couple games out of a wildcard. Not that this team has any business contending.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Tacos just got reverbed, their worst pitcher is a batter now!

...and their best hitter is a pitcher now, lmao

The Postman
May 12, 2007

It definitely could've been worse!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

They're a lot better despite losing Patel Beyonce to their pitching lineup, but the Tacos are still very weak. They still aren't a good team, I would absolutely save my votes for the inevitable "Everyone Loves Tacos" decree next season.

Also I can't wait to talk about Elijah Valenzuela.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Harry Lime posted:

The Tacos are so bad I half expect one of the decrees for next season will be to buff them and at this point I think the fans of other teams would probably chip in votes to make that happen. An inverse Tame the Tigers.

tinstaach posted:

Hopefully this isn't locked-down intel, but Tacos fans on the discord seem to be about evenly split between going all out for the Soul Swap blessing (which would probably reroll four half-star hitters and a zero-star pitcher), buying votes and saving them to bombard next season's juiciest decrees and blessings, and eating the blaseball gods

Yeah, the feeling seems to be running towards eating the blaseball gods. At this point, I'm not sure if the Tacos fans would even vote for a full-team revamp.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Not sure if we're supposed to do this, but I've been dumping votes into Soul Swap anyway. Tired of that sad sack, losing is fine, Cubs talk. I can't believe Patel got reverbed, this team has no luck.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

InnercityGriot posted:

Not sure if we're supposed to do this, but I've been dumping votes into Soul Swap anyway. Tired of that sad sack, losing is fine, Cubs talk. I can't believe Patel got reverbed, this team has no luck.
The beauty of Blaseball is that when the Cubs suck, you can actually do something about it. Soul Swap seems like a great improvement for the Tacos, assuming they don't get unlucky and the new randomize players are among the worst.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Tibalt posted:

The beauty of Blaseball is that when the Cubs suck, you can actually do something about it. Soul Swap seems like a great improvement for the Tacos, assuming they don't get unlucky and the new randomize players are among the worst.

Hell yeah, gonna single-handedly buy them that blessing if I can.

MVP Talk, here's my order right now:

1. Nagomi Mcdaniel, hitting freakin' 9th
2. Jessica Telephone, awesome but not like last season
3. Workman Gloom, just a steady, great hitter
4. York Silk, carrying a mostly bad Fridays team into playoff contention

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

InnercityGriot posted:

Hell yeah, gonna single-handedly buy them that blessing if I can.

MVP Talk, here's my order right now:

1. Nagomi Mcdaniel, hitting freakin' 9th
2. Jessica Telephone, awesome but not like last season
3. Workman Gloom, just a steady, great hitter
4. York Silk, carrying a mostly bad Fridays team into playoff contention

York’s our dork! York’s our dork!

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Update going into game 99:

The Tacos got a last minute feedback that somehow made them worse again.

Playoffs:

Good League:
Tied for 1st: Millenials and Lovers, last day will decide their seeding
3rd: Firefighters
tied for 4th: Steaks and Breath Mints, Steaks win and they're in, Mints need a win and a Steaks loss

Evil League:
1st: Crabs
2nd: Jazz Hands
3rd/4th: Tigers or Moist Talkers in either position, depending on the last game outcomes.

My personal call is that the Jazz Hands are underrated going in. They have two of the best pitchers in blaseball right now and good rotations are important in the playoffs.

EDIT: Almost forgot, targeted shame is going to affect the outcome of this season, the Jazz Hands start at -3 against the Steaks, so the Mints are really living on a prayer

InnercityGriot fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2020

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

I'm optimistic about the Crabs chances in the playoffs. They have the stingiest defense in Blaseball with the fewest runs allowed all season. Even more impressive given all but 3 games were against Evil League teams which are way more stacked talent wise than the Good League. Will also be interesting to see how the Lovers fare given they spent a decent chunk of their wins just wailing on the Tacos.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:rip:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Jazz Hands just eliminated the Tigers in a sweep... :stare:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Crabs just got shamed and eliminated in extras, so playoffs are now...

Jazz Hands vs Moist Talkers in the Evil league
Lovers vs Firefighters in the Good league

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jazz hands will tame the tigers if the election won't.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Don Mitchell just ate a peanut and improved his hitting:

I believe only Wyatt Glover's 4-star defense rating is keeping Don from literally being better than every single Taco at everything

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tinstaach posted:

Don Mitchell just ate a peanut and improved his hitting:

I believe only Wyatt Glover's 4-star defense rating is keeping Don from literally being better than every single Taco at everything

good news! Wyatt Glover got reverbed onto the magic in game 98 for Halexandrey Walton whose stats are 1.5* batting, 2* pitching, 1.5* baserunning, 3* defense

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

good news! Wyatt Glover got reverbed onto the magic in game 98 for Halexandrey Walton whose stats are 1.5* batting, 2* pitching, 1.5* baserunning, 3* defense

I was really pissed at that at first, but Walton is actually a little underrated at 1.5 stars, she has a solid walk rate. Behind Rat and Mcdowell she's actually the third best hitter in our lineup. (Which is pathetic but hey.)

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Game 3 of the Jazz Hands- Moist Talkers series has a crazy pitching match-up, August Sky vs. Polkadot Patterson, two top five pitchers

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Discord is confusing and I don't know where anything is on the discord, so just gonna ask here: do we know WTF the Decrees do?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

InnercityGriot posted:

Game 3 of the Jazz Hands- Moist Talkers series has a crazy pitching match-up, August Sky vs. Polkadot Patterson, two top five pitchers

I really picked a great game to decide to do chores after...

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Pussy Boss posted:

Discord is confusing and I don't know where anything is on the discord, so just gonna ask here: do we know WTF the Decrees do?

My guess is that some serious roster shuffling is going to happen, and that it'll probably involve players changing teams, and the different decrees will determine which leagues/divisions are affected.

Lone Goat posted:

oh I meant Wyatt Owens, I can't tell any of them apart thanks to the Grand Unslam

Moist Talkers-Jazz Hands Game 3 just entered the 19th inning

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 5, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

StormDrain posted:

I really picked a great game to decide to do chores after...

Basically every Moist Talkers game is like this, I'm glad everyone else gets to experience this now

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

We don't exactly know but one popular theory is that most of them are about switching up the teams in leagues. My theory is that High Filter will increase the chances of Feedback.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

WE ARE FROM CHICAGO

That is all.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

drat, since Blaseball-Reference started counting in the middle of season 2, PolkaDot Patterson has faced 2,614 batters and walked 8 of them

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

rickiep00h posted:

WE ARE FROM CHICAGO

That is all.

Do you have any redeeming qualities?

We've got winning to do, just on you!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

GAME 5:

Jazz Hands start at -1 Runs
Firefighters lost a batting star due to a peanut allergy
Weather is Reverb

:aaaaa:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Let's go Jazz Hands!

I've got a strong drink and my peanut total is a prime number. I've done all I can do.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

WAFC

Rivers Rosa was in complete lockdown mode.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Now the best part of blaseball... to wish for your favorite teams’s shittiest players to horrifically mutate into something better

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

WE ARE FROM CHICAGO

(still)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

InnercityGriot posted:

Now the best part of blaseball... to wish for your favorite teams’s shittiest players to horrifically mutate into something better

Ortiz Morse is trying his best, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :colbert:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Unlimited Tacos, unlimited disappointment. No blessings at all, again.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I can only speak for the garages but everyone in this discord chat is so whiny about blessings. People are talking about depressive episodes because their favs didn't get more stars.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Check out the Idols page... there's a red dotted line that separates the top three Idols.

Maybe this is how they remove OP players from the league?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Check the blood team perks too... This is going to turn into calvin ball quickly and I LOVE IT

And the leagues got renamed?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Carteret posted:

Check the blood team perks too... This is going to turn into calvin ball quickly and I LOVE IT

And the leagues got renamed?

And the teams got rearranged between leagues/divisions based on last season's record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets