Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He absolutely is. He’s a 14 a year guy imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
People poo poo on run defense up until they're down 2 scores in the 4th quarter. People poo poo on the run game until they're up a score on a great passing team in the 4th quarter.

I get that some facets are way more valuable in a vacuum, but if a team can run on ya or you can't run the clock it is so frustrating to watch.

I would sprint to sign Clowney for 12.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Eifert Posting posted:

People poo poo on run defense up until they're down 2 scores in the 4th quarter. People poo poo on the run game until they're up a score on a great passing team in the 4th quarter.

I get that some facets are way more valuable in a vacuum, but if a team can run on ya or you can't run the clock it is so frustrating to watch.

I would sign Clowney for 12, but I wouldn't sprint. Probably just like walk over to the phone, I don't know how contracts are made but I hope there's no exercise

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the second you hit that 8th digit on a contract, you're required to do at minimum a chestbump when you get the okay, fax over the paperwork phone call.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't think people appreciate how much run fits dictate pass coverage, or how run/pass conflict ends up with bad results in the passing game either.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Metapod posted:

Its of my opinion that none of the teams that are interested in him are going to the super bowl so thats a bad reason to take a smaller deal

Well, none of the teams except for the titans #ouryear

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’d rather the Saints not sign him so the Bucs don’t have to deal with him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm holding my breath that the way The Bengals figured out the running game last year will continue, Because the difference between teams actually having to honor the run vs being able to sell out rushing Burrow will be a BIG deal.

If you trust what people are saying about camp (I don't), the left side of the offensive line seems passable. If that's true, and if Mixon can demand gameplanning, Burrow may survive until the season is cancelled week 5.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DVOA changes

https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1301960662088912908

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

Well, none of the teams except for the titans #ouryear

I hope so

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mike Vrabel will triumphantly raise the Lombardi in front of an empty Super Bowl crowd as his dick is chopped off by an overtuned shirt-printing machine.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tannehill is gonna regress to the mean so hard.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He plays up to his coaching and play calling. Plus, that running game is worth a boost in stats for any QB, and Tanne has had a year in the system. I think he'll be well above average.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Luckily Tannehill regressing to the mean will mean the Titans will go a comfortable 9-7 for the fifth year in a row, and with the expanded playoffs that should be a guaranteed in.

There's a very good chance we have three AFC South teams in the playoffs this year if the season makes it that long.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Clowney sounds like Suggs - very good pass rusher, but Suggs was phenomenal against the run and at setting the edge. Good guys to have.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm p sure I read this exact same post on January 3rd, 2020.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Am I wrong in thinking that most decent QBs tend to have a good start in a new team/situation, at least partially due to being a mystery to opposing defensive coordinators? And that it takes the best part of a season, or longer, before you can truly evaluate them?

I’m sure that’s an oversimplification in a lot of ways, and presupposes competent coaching as well, but that’s the impression I get.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My prediction for the season is people are going to yell about Henry's contract because we let an all pro tackle walk so a weak right side will cause production to go down but we'll still go 9-7 while waiting for either Kelly or Wilson to show they can be average for a playoff push

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that most decent QBs tend to have a good start in a new team/situation, at least partially due to being a mystery to opposing defensive coordinators? And that it takes the best part of a season, or longer, before you can truly evaluate them?

I’m sure that’s an oversimplification in a lot of ways, and presupposes competent coaching as well, but that’s the impression I get.
Counterpoint: Joe Flacco

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
would you have rather had the all pro tackle or are you pleased with the decision to stick with henry

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

nerve posted:

would you have rather had the all pro tackle or are you pleased with the decision to stick with henry

There was plenty of cap for both. Im happy with the decision to pay Henry because hes a great player who makes the offense work

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If loving Clowney signs for 12 mil or less I'm gonna be so salty watching the hawks d line this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The background on this off season for Clowney seems like it would be super interesting. In actuality he's probably just dumb.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

D-LINK posted:

I don't think Clowney has lived up to anywhere near his level of hype. I don't think he belongs in the top tier pass rushers like Bosa(s), Miller, Watt(s), Garrett, Lawrence and Chubb

He’s not, but the Saints already have Cam Jordan who has been a top tier pass rusher the last few years. Clowney would be a great addition to the other end of the line.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

If this hurts the Niners it's trash rear end poo poo. If it helps the Niners then good on ya DVOAers for making necessary and worthwhile changes.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
We are blessed.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302026779503276032

Not Bears fans...but everyone else watching the Bears.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

HELL YEAH

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The best outcome. The Bears have a QB they traded up for that barely beat out Nick Foles, and a QB they traded for and paid to lose a battle to Mitch.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This will definitely help Lamar Jackson’s DYAR so it’s a really good change imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I love the Bears

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Galaxy brain take: The Bears know Nick Foles only performs when he comes off the bench and this is part of their secret plan.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Make trubitsky the highest paid player in the nfl, come on bears

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302040309006839810?s=19

God, poor Rosen. Dumped into two of the absolute worst situations possible for a young QB.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Woah, they didn't even get 2nd?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302040309006839810?s=19

God, poor Rosen. Dumped into two of the absolute worst situations possible for a young QB.

Yeah, but I'm assuming a bigger part of that was his performance in training camp. You can't blame him too much for '18 and '19, but if you're out there and still not showing much of anything the way that training camps are modified, and in an offense that is close as you can get to being tailor-made for a rookie QB? That's probably not a great sign.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for being a "wrong Josh" guy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Yeah, but I'm assuming a bigger part of that was his performance in training camp. You can't blame him too much for '18 and '19, but if you're out there and still not showing much of anything the way that training camps are modified, and in an offense that is close as you can get to being tailor-made for a rookie QB? That's probably not a great sign.

Yes. I'm sure he was getting a very fair opportunity in the 2020 Covid training camp where the back up spot is dedicated to the 1st round pick and the starter is an established veteran that can help with that rookie's development.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean yeah, I assume the cut had to do more with the roster spot than anything. Most QB3s are practice squad guys.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes. I'm sure he was getting a very fair opportunity in the 2020 Covid training camp where the back up spot is dedicated to the 1st round pick and the starter is an established veteran that can help with that rookie's development.

He got much more work with the starting unit than you see a typical 3rd stringer quarterback get, and if anything the way that camps have been structured under the plague are going to be an advantage to quarterbacks the way that the number and intensity of higher contact practices have been reduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’m the part of the inscrutable equation that gives different weights to dome defenses except one team.