Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cocks Cable posted:

Got my Baroness today and she is :swoon: I paid through the nose for her but I chalk it up to my Covid-tax or whatever. She's absolute perfection except for the elbow joints which can barely make it to a 90 degree angle. It's the dumbest thing on a figure loaded up with tons of articulation. But other than that, she's amazing. She's everything I would have wanted in a 6-inch joe besides a ton more accessories (alt-heads, alt-hands etc). I even like the bike that came with her. It's much bigger and heftier than I imagined (it's just lacking some embellishing paint apps and a darker red).

Speaking of Baroness, I finally caved and bought one of my holy grails this week, the Sideshow Premium Format Baroness statue and I can’t wait, she’s arriving in the mail tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I feel really good

I look forward to you learning how to make your own Fright Zone slime.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I feel really good

Oooh. You got a mosquitor in there. OG he- man, adam, stack o battlecats... pretty good haul. Grats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Five complete figures, some doubles. And for about $45 I can get the weapons for almost everyone else here.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It's so sad that I used to have most of those as a kid and my mom sold them all at a garage sale for like 10 bucks.

Without my permission.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sold mine myself. Poor choices of my youth.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Five complete figures, some doubles. And for about $45 I can get the weapons for almost everyone else here.

I bought a complete Roboto off eBay awhile back, was super clean but when I got him, his legs were so wobbly he can’t stand. If I can find him and you want the three arm attachments I’d be glad to throw them in a envelope and send them to you.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DrChud posted:

I bought a complete Roboto off eBay awhile back, was super clean but when I got him, his legs were so wobbly he can’t stand. If I can find him and you want the three arm attachments I’d be glad to throw them in a envelope and send them to you.

You can buy packs of replacement leg bands for MOTU guys, I bought some off ebay a while back and fixed up a few of my old ones.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Rhyno posted:

I feel really good

What you doing with those doubles though? :munch:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Five complete figures, some doubles.

Are you interested in offloading one of those Battle Cats? I still have my old one, but he was a garage sale find to begin with and didn't have his helmet. The lack of a helmet was very upsetting for 6-year-old me, and to this day I still never got one. I could buy just a helmet off ebay, but the figure is also just generally beat up. My Battle Armor He-Man is also badly broken, if you could spare one of those. No pressure, but I'd pay a fair price for 'em.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You can buy packs of replacement leg bands for MOTU guys, I bought some off ebay a while back and fixed up a few of my old ones.

Alternatively, if you’re not too confident about performing surgery on your figures you also can find stands on eBay that will keep vintage MOTU guys standing upright even if they have wobbly legs.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea if anyone is looking for this, but here's a version of the 1/6 scale throne and sword for Thanos if you wanted one and didn't want the GOTG one.

https://toyswonderland.com/products/pc-toys-1-6-scale-meteorite-floating-throne

Dunno anything about the store, but saw the throne and thought it was a neat enough idea to share.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Are you interested in offloading one of those Battle Cats? I still have my old one, but he was a garage sale find to begin with and didn't have his helmet. The lack of a helmet was very upsetting for 6-year-old me, and to this day I still never got one. I could buy just a helmet off ebay, but the figure is also just generally beat up. My Battle Armor He-Man is also badly broken, if you could spare one of those. No pressure, but I'd pay a fair price for 'em.

The extra BA He-Man is spoken for but I could probably part with a BC. I will let you know once my coworker goes through them.

DrChud posted:

Heck yeah man.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Are there tutorials for this? I also need to figure out if I can do paint touch ups.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

There hasn't been any joe arrives at either of my local targets this week. Im starting to think im never getting a trooper. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dale-Taco posted:

There hasn't been any joe arrives at either of my local targets this week. Im starting to think im never getting a trooper. :(

:same:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dale-Taco posted:

My Target only has TWO pegs set up for GI Joe. I don't think they're ever getting them.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I feel really good

This is a good collection. I never got rid of my own and still have the wooden toy box that i had when I was 4 years old. Though most of my stickers have fallen off and my skeletor has a red arm because I traded it with Beastman and then lost him.

I used to pretend that was Skeletor's demon arm that made him a threat to he-man. Anyways, congrats on the collection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay so yeah

I'll be culling the Transformers collection A LOT. I've been just sitting here staring at Battle Armor He-Man and it's like an old friend has come home after a long time away. I loving missed the feeling this stuff gave me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

My Target only has TWO pegs set up for GI Joe. I don't think they're ever getting them.

Yeah, my Targets have two pegs set up under the Ghostbusters figures, plus space for the bike. Even when Popfindr claims they're in, they're never there. :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have no idea if anyone is looking for this, but here's a version of the 1/6 scale throne and sword for Thanos if you wanted one and didn't want the GOTG one.

Dunno anything about the store, but saw the throne and thought it was a neat enough idea to share.

The site is legit. They do release many things in 2 waves though, so their prices can look off at times.

Like you could pay $600 to get the Mandalorian a month ago, or regular price to get it in ~November with everyone else.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That’s kinda cool, and I’ve seen people in groups post about buying from that store. But at least for the armored Thanos, it’s really hard to get him into sitting position and I doubt there’s a way to do it without looking awkward or somehow modding him to increase his range of motion. In the pic of armored Thanos it even looks like his rear end is hovering a bit above the chair.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, my Targets have two pegs set up under the Ghostbusters figures, plus space for the bike. Even when Popfindr claims they're in, they're never there. :smith:

Whenever I walk by the dozens of Ghostbuster figures in Walmart and Target, i just wonder if some executive got fired because of them. I have never seen anyone buy one.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Dale-Taco posted:

Whenever I walk by the dozens of Ghostbuster figures in Walmart and Target, i just wonder if some executive got fired because of them. I have never seen anyone buy one.

I feel like they were meant to ride the nostalgia wave from the movies original release date in July. Maybe they would have been selling better if that happened :shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

At this one store that sells all kinds of nerd poo poo, they had two full sets of the GB figures, and a week later they were all gone.

I think it just depends on your area.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The RGB rerelease figures sold like absolute hot cakes when they came out in May, however everyone who wants them has now got them so the rest are pegwarming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hit with an intense wave of emotions when I opened this box up today

Rio Blast was my favorite secondary character and probably my favorite figure out of the line. I took that toy with me everywhere and aside from paint wear it was 100% intact until I sold the collection. I have a lot of feelings tied up with MOTU, not always good. I'm really eager to see where this new direction takes me.

Also here's the new space, like a blank canvas.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I picked up the Gozer and Dana figures, they seem perfectly fine. I wonder if future waves would do some of the ghosts from the og toy line.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The vintage Ghostbusters stuff has been doing very well at retail. They were supposed to be a lead in for the product for the new movie but that is pushed back until next year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Didn't the new Ghostbusters movie come out a few years ago?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Here's a nice little review of the Baroness with her bike

http://www.oafe.net/yo/gijclas13b.php

They review various things so lots of good stuff there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A new one is coming out this year

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have any of you ordered from Spec Fiction Shop before?

Or knows what carrier their economy/express actually are?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Oh that’s really nice! I like it!

Gripweed posted:

Didn't the new Ghostbusters movie come out a few years ago?

I can’t tell if you’re trolling, but there’s a new GB film sequel to the ‘84 original series coming out called Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It was supposed to be out in July but got pushed back to next year because of the Everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4a2HFWPhow

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I straight up had not heard of that. I guess turning Ghostbusters into Stranger Things makes more sense than turning it into a Judd Apatow style comedy

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DrChud posted:

I feel like they were meant to ride the nostalgia wave from the movies original release date in July. Maybe they would have been selling better if that happened :shrug:

I remember when new movies used to come out, back in the Before-Before Times.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dale-Taco posted:

I understand why the first wave was movie-only, but they should have done like they did with the Lightening Collection and mix in other stuff from Real, Extreme, Etc.

I'd LOVE to see RGB stuff in the Plasma Series, but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen with how badly wave one is peg warning

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Outstanding space! I'm jealous; I was saving to finish the basement, and then I went and had a kid...

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Dale-Taco posted:

Same at my Walmart. I think anyone that wanted 6" Ghostbuster figures already has them. Back when when the 2016 movie came out there were Mattel Ghostbuster figures for the new and original teams in Walmart, and that was only 4 years ago. Also we've had the Diamond Select and Mezco versions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Counterpoint: the Mezco ones are stupid expensive. And the Diamond Select ones were a pain in the butt to get hold of (especially the RGB ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Shiftypenguin posted:

I understand why the first wave was movie-only, but they should have done like they did with the Lightening Collection and mix in other stuff from Real, Extreme, Etc.

I'd LOVE to see RGB stuff in the Plasma Series, but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen with how badly wave one is peg warning

Extreme was my jam. I would consider getting a set of those. But I never got why they keep trying to resuscitate the original two movies. Don't get me wrong I love them, but they are very nitch 80s comedies that even when came out didn't have a lot of mainstream play. Im highly concerned that afterlife is going to miss the point again like 2016 did.