Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

How did those people hearing sound for the first time understand the people talking to them???

I'm going to assume you are being serious and answer briefly that many deaf people can still "hear" through direct contact by feeling vibrations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/nEUiRiV.mp4

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zzulu posted:

These people are weak and need to be destroyed in order to purify the strength of the human species. Otherwise we'll never be ready to counter the coming alien invasions

you dumb fucker the aliens all use psi!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
re: candyman, Tony Todd had it in his contract that they had to pay him a bonus every time a bee stung him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90loATH9tE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This fuckign vid takes forever

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Inanity101/status/1302034908253167617?s=19

Hahaha!

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1301898055596285953

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I'm going to assume you are being serious and answer briefly that many deaf people can still "hear" through direct contact by feeling vibrations

I'm aware of that but never knew that the brain could make the association between detecting sound by contact and actually hearing sounds so easily. That's really neat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Strong recurring Flop House villain energy

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

true wealth

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wouldn't that be 7 snakes? Or are the legs robot/human legs?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
8 snakes :grin:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Listen (lol), I'm sorry maybe I "missed a memo" but is there a reason why I would get probated for celebrating a deaf chick getting a little eargasm? Seems kind of ableist to me, mods

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Listen (lol), I'm sorry maybe I "missed a memo" but is there a reason why I would get probated for celebrating a deaf chick getting a little eargasm? Seems kind of ableist to me, mods

lol you dumb poo poo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If you click on the button that says "Rap Sheet" under your post you will see the reason is listed as

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Inceltown posted:

If you click on the button that says "Rap Sheet" under your post you will see the reason is listed as

Yeah aND that seems pretty ableist to me, maybe these idiots mods should recognize that some "deafos" like to get their assholes sucked out

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah aND that seems pretty ableist to me, maybe these idiots mods should recognize that some "deafos" like to get their assholes sucked out

This is not a blessed pic at all.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Welcome to the new stage of history where, ideally, folks like you will get their brains blown out, while folks like me will get their brains blown out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
wanna get my tongue clamped by her turd vice, what's the issue, need me to sign it for you?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Welcome to the new stage of history where, ideally, folks like you will get their brains blown out, while folks like me will get their brains blown out

I dunno, seems kinda ableist to me

sorry, are we not just saying that any time we want to in response to any old bullshit? sorry, sorry I'm trying to delete it

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Memento posted:

I dunno, seems kinda ableist to me

sorry, are we not just saying that any time we want to in response to any old bullshit? sorry, sorry I'm trying to delete it

im sorry you're right it was kind of ableist, i'll lick your rear end in a top hat before i lick hers i guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh man a live meltdown

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Comedy sixers are the best rap sheet decorations

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I love these weird dogs probably more than I should

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lmao great edit

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
*crashes through the roof and into the ground*

h-h-eard you talking about asseatin'

just wanted to say i'm FOR IT

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dialadog, I'm a proud GDQ poster and lemme tell you, and lemme tell you, this was designed for you: :chast2b:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I love "shouted a political catch-cry". What do you think the girl shouted at the fash?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I love "shouted a political catch-cry". What do you think the girl shouted at the fash?

This about the blueshirt thing? If so, I just did a little googling, and a likely one is "no free speech for traitors!", which was a popular slogan at the time.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

This entire twitter account is a delight - just a fella who loves growing vegetables.

Also, the phrase "big boy celery" still nearly makes me cackle like a maniac every time I see it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pookah posted:

This about the blueshirt thing? If so, I just did a little googling, and a likely one is "no free speech for traitors!", which was a popular slogan at the time.

Yeah that article says the blue shirts stopped and started after a "political catch-cry".

If it's that what she said, it's loving awesome.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yeah that article says the blue shirts stopped and started after a "political catch-cry".

If it's that what she said, it's loving awesome.

"Eoin O'Duffy has syphilis"

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/dallasnagata/status/1301736147274481665

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

IBroughttheFunk posted:

This entire twitter account is a delight - just a fella who loves growing vegetables.

Also, the phrase "big boy celery" still nearly makes me cackle like a maniac every time I see it.

It's great, the only thing dragging it down is that I can't stop seeing it as Mitch McConnell from a more wholesome alternate timeline :sigh:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That brunette deaf girl is hot but drat dude let's not announce what you're whacking it to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Woman gets new hearing aids and discovers some of the sounds she'd been missing her whole life

https://i.imgur.com/03ksNO1.mp4

And some classics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOo3jzkhYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSD7-TgUmUY

When I first got my first hearing aids I came home, stood in my kitchen and put them in and spent the next few hours doing random stuff in awe and amazement.
I recall popping them in and walking to make a drink and instantly stopping and it was like being in a time machine - That sound your trousers make when you walk, sort of at the top of your thighs? I hadn't heard that since I was a child and it took me right back to that point in time and I just filled up with tears.
Opening mail, I'd start then stop and just listen to the paper tearing, same with opening packets of crisps, it was pure insanity. Hearing people breathe shocked me, the sound of the rain, just everything - It was crazy and strangely really emotional.
Opening doors, the sound door handles make, typing, the sheer amount of sounds in a pub. It was overwhelming but I had counselling as well and was sort of prepared for it, but nothing is crazier than hearing the wind through the trees for the first time since being a small child.