Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Ring Show was at Shin-kiba 1st Ring and I couldn't easily identify whose ring it was, but I assume it was someone running a show later in the week and doing Emi a solid

e: WAVE ran a show the day before and Yoneyama works there, but it's assumed that Emi knows everyone and can call in a favor with most of them

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think they mentioned that it was heat up but I may have misheard.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Heat Up have very strong ties to Gatoh Move so that's very likely.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The show was good but what was particularly good about it was that everyone was very obviously having so much fun bumping in a ring again.

Just a bunch of goofballs having a blast with their pals.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lulu Pencil vs Chris Brookes was another incredible Lulu Pencil match. Main Event Lulu Pencil is real, it feels like she’s improving by leaps and bounds in every match and is now legit like a top 3 wrestler for me right now. She’s insanely (and uniquely) funny and projects some of the purest underdog energy I’ve ever seen, you feel terrible for every bump she takes when she just gets flung across the ring like a sack of poo poo and you actually buy into her comeback spots because you can’t help but want her to win. I actually thought she had Brookes at several moments in the match. LULU PENCIL MADE ME THINK SHE WOULD WIN A MATCH.

I am a proud member of the Pencil Army, which anyone can join as Lulu herself said :patriot:

Edit: And yeah Brookes deserves recognition too but I just wanted to gush about Lulu.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 5, 2020

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/BeCarefulManga/status/1299357332552507393

I hope this gets a physical release.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

pencil ARMY pencil ARMY pencil ARMY

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

beep, beep, beep beep beep

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Regarding Riho being crucial to Gatoh Move:

Akki: "It was tough that she stopped."
Brookes: "I think she was [the queen of GTMV], and I think the crown was taken by Mei."

Then Akki and Brookes agreed to not translate that into Japanese while Mei looked at the two of them not realizing what was said :kimchi:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The "Apple Queens" Mei Suruga & Emi Sakura VS Chie & 'Otoko San' Kirihara Tokiko match is on right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJR5iuQRCwg

Chie is amazing. So energetic and expressive!

A fast favourite.

Edit: What a match! So much energy that everyone got completely blown up.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 10, 2020

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Another Shinkiba in ring show was just announced!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Watching a bunch of ChocoPro on this fine Saturday morning and I agree about Chie!

I’m afraid Gatoh Move and their new schedule with a lot of shows is going to have a to take a backseat for me, what with the G1 happening and all :sigh: 2muchwrestling but I guess I’ll try to catch any standout matches

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just turned on YouTube and there’s a live stream of Chris Brookes v Yuna Mizumori. Well ok!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Someone from the show really be showing some heel tactics during their match.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The absolute delight Emi shows when she hears the echo on her "Eh Yo" in the ring is a special type of joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVdEoy5HcTw

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yunamon has been roped into something:

https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1304994862589042691

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I think that's a great choice and if it can lead to her getting some tjpw bookings, that's all the better.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This will be fun but we're all waiting for the Yunamon/Fujita pairing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Akki has come in as a late injury replacement on today's All Japan show, tagging with Yusuke Okada against JIN.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That rules! He must have impressed in his first appearance, despite the shoulder injury he's rehabbing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

God, Chris Brookes is such a great dickhead. He really grasps the "bully" role in Choco Pro perfectly.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
An essential update:

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1305402450560442368?s=19

Baliyan Akki has joined the Yoshitatsu Kingdom.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

For those of us that don’t follow all japan, is that a big deal?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Insertnamehere31 posted:

For those of us that don’t follow all japan, is that a big deal?

Well, it implies he'll be around All Japan enough to be in a group with Yoshitatsu, Yusuke Okada and IIRC Seigo Tachibana. But no, it's not a particularly important group. Yoshitatsu seems to just be pressganging people into it, it's weird

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Our dude Akki is impressing people!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He is teaming with Okada at AJPW's Korakuen show against Enfants Terribles so he seems to have got a regular gig out of it.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Finally getting around to catching up, and the lulu v Honda match from #43 might be my favorite choco pro match so far. The singing, balloons, the bionic elbow dance battle, doing the arm drop on Gon, everything is just top tier comedy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Finally getting around to catching up, and the lulu v Honda match from #43 might be my favorite choco pro match so far. The singing, balloons, the bionic elbow dance battle, doing the arm drop on Gon, everything is just top tier comedy.

It’s crazy. Go nom it in the MOTYC thread, I and others did too

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Done. I almost never check that thread, but chocopro deserves the recognition.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The chris brookes match from the next show was way better imo

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
ChocoProLive #49 is just about to start, if you want to watch it live.

The card is:

Emi Sakura Vs Chie

Lulu Pencil Vs Chon Shiryu

Main event :
Mei Suruga Vs Yunamon

The main event should be excellent with both Mei and Yunamon pushing to be the season 3 MVP.
Though Chocopro never really has a bad show. So join us if you'd like.

https://youtu.be/7tIjToaaGgQ

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yoneyama canceled her plans to retire today in a post on twitter. She must still be having fun wrestling for like 21 different promotions at the same time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
LuluPen doesn't have an ounce of body fat on her. She also doesn't have an ounce of muscle in her body. She's just skin and bones and that's why I love her, she's just a normal girl who got off her freelance writing job and joined a wrestling company and every time she messes up in a match (Like forgetting the signal to give up in a match so she kept wagging her finger no because in her mind "Do you want to continue = wagging my finger no) makes her even more enduring

Once the pandemic is over I hope Lulu and Leva Bates can have a program in AEW where they also both go win-less for a year but instead of a heated feud where they're both counted out, they're both nice people who keep insisting the other win the match and do silly spots in-between until it reaches a time-limit draw

e: Mei is now a fairy butterfly :allears:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 20, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
AEW vs Choco Pro! Riho & Emi Sakura vs Yunamon and Mei!

The promo for this is amazing because even though Emi started Choco Pro she's promoting AEW anyway because it's international and Chocopro isn't even regional

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Chocopro 49 was fantastic. I wish I could say more but I’m fresh off the show and words escape me.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

LuluPen doesn't have an ounce of body fat on her. She also doesn't have an ounce of muscle in her body. She's just skin and bones and that's why I love her, she's just a normal girl who got off her freelance writing job and joined a wrestling company and every time she messes up in a match (Like forgetting the signal to give up in a match so she kept wagging her finger no because in her mind "Do you want to continue = wagging my finger no) makes her even more enduring

Once the pandemic is over I hope Lulu and Leva Bates can have a program in AEW where they also both go win-less for a year but instead of a heated feud where they're both counted out, they're both nice people who keep insisting the other win the match and do silly spots in-between until it reaches a time-limit draw

e: Mei is now a fairy butterfly :allears:

All of this is true except she still writes for IGN Japan lol

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH7a7J5abMY

In which Chie and Mei promote a show via eating spicy noodles

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Road to ChocoPro 50 Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjG3Dt3cqqM

Akki stated that the goal is for 1,000 live viewers.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 23, 2020

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Neodoomium posted:

Yoneyama canceled her plans to retire today in a post on twitter. She must still be having fun wrestling for like 21 different promotions at the same time

Reading this confused me since I've heard literally nothing about Yoneyama retiring but I think I've figured it out: HIRO'e retired a few days ago in a match that Yoneyama was involved in (HIRO'e/Nagisa Nozaki vs Miyuki Takase/Kaori Yoneyama) and Yoneyama's twitter posts are her reflecting on that more than anything else. She famously reneged on a retirement in an incredibly blatant way in 2011: she announced her plan to retire, did her retirement tour (including a run of US shows when Command Bolshoi had to pull out) only for on the actual retirement show for her to go "I don't want to retire" which was, well, slightly awkward for everyone involved. JWP eventually ended up offering refunds for all of the retirement road shows since they'd sort of advertised them on being the last chances to see Kaori Yoneyama and they weren't. Then she went freelance and created YMZ and that's sort of when she became the veteran wrestler that works everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think that's probably the right read of it. She was saying mostly that any match could be your retirement match and she likely won't know in advance which one will be the end, but she's going to keep going until it happens.

She also jokingly said that she enjoys doing zoom meet and greets, even if the only things she's capable of talking about are Pro Wrestling and Dragon Quest.