Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If you see a pubbie trying to run high-sec anoms, you really should destroy the base they're camping, to help keep prices good for Goons. Relatedly, if you see a pubbie in low-sec, you really should destroy their ship to help keep blueprint prices up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Colin Mockery posted:

i have shot
the pirates
that were in
the base

and which
you were probably
saving
for anoms

forgive me
they HONK HONK
HONK HONK
HONK HONK HONK

:commissar:

Colin Mockery posted:

If you see a pubbie trying to run high-sec anoms, you really should destroy the base they're camping, to help keep prices good for Goons. Relatedly, if you see a pubbie in low-sec, you really should destroy their ship to help keep blueprint prices up.

I agree with this though. Especially if it's a dead-end system with a level 2 or 3 base that a pubbie is farming (obvious if anom count is low) and you weren't gonna stick around for awhile... just salt the earth and leave :slick:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
but people have done that to meeeee and it makes me sad

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Rust Martialis posted:

Yeah heads up to anyone coming to EE from EO, the goons in EE Goosefleet will kick you for stuff you can get away with saying in comms in EO.

more like kick people for saying poo poo then doubling down like turds instead of going "oh ok maybe i shouldnt say the dumbest poo poo ever"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so i have a script that runs bases in highsec consistently, and from what i gather if you run bases straight for 6 hours they ban you, i did it manually one time just to make sure and they pretty much ban you if you look like a bot even if you aren;t

but the instant you log out it seems it immediately resets that timer, so run a bot for about 4 hours, reset client, and repeat and you're okay :)

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think they have some alert for any accounts logged in past a certain time. A bot could log itself out until it gets the autopilot finished notification and log back in though.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Stealthgerbil posted:

I think they have some alert for any accounts logged in past a certain time. A bot could log itself out until it gets the autopilot finished notification and log back in though.

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I've noticed that if I play EE for 12 hours the game will close and I have to relaunch it. I'm playing on BlueStacks though, so no idea if that's an emulator thing or a EE thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I've noticed that if I play EE for 12 hours the game will close and I have to relaunch it. I'm playing on BlueStacks though, so no idea if that's an emulator thing or a EE thing.

I'd go with a BS thing because I've had it do that to me too.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Trying out the anomaly stuff in nullsec (there's usually 0 people staying in most systems. Is it just the timezone or is that normal?)

Is there any point in trying to sell datacores (or anything really) in the nullsec trading centers? For example, I'm in Delve and there are no datacore sell orders within 25 jumps. If I list one in the Delve trading center, is there any chance of it actually executing?

Also, I gather that the Blood Raider anomalies drop Amarr stuff, which is less valuable? Should I be going somewhere else?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Redmark posted:

Trying out the anomaly stuff in nullsec (there's usually 0 people staying in most systems. Is it just the timezone or is that normal?)

Is there any point in trying to sell datacores (or anything really) in the nullsec trading centers? For example, I'm in Delve and there are no datacore sell orders within 25 jumps. If I list one in the Delve trading center, is there any chance of it actually executing?

Also, I gather that the Blood Raider anomalies drop Amarr stuff, which is less valuable? Should I be going somewhere else?

Responding to questions in order:

Yes, that is normal in certain parts of Delve, but some parts of Delve are where the chinese alliance calls home, just fly around and you'll get a feel for what places in Delve are very quiet vs not. For me, north, east, middle, and south Delve are pretty quiet although I haven't checked the deep south. The chinese hang out in the west.

I would sell datacores in a main trade hub, which the closest one is Amarr. You can try finding an industrial type guy in your corp to buy them from you but my guess is your industry guys will already have a decent donation rate of amarr datacores such that they don't need to buy it yet. I have no idea what the situation is or what corp you're in. I do not think they will sell at all if you list it in Delve but there's always a possibility of the chinese guys buying it. Try listing a small amount?

Amarr datacores are thankfully going up, they're rising and nearing 100k now. Minmatar nearly 300k, Gallente is nearing 200k, but Caldari bounces between 350k and 400k. So Amarr datacores aint ALL that bad. They used to be legit only 10k or so. I would not go somewhere else if you're doing the "stay in same system and farm the linked anomalies" method. If your system's base is higher level (like T4 or higher) you will make bank if you are patient enough with farming the linked anomalies. Medium Drone BPs (from scouts) and MK2+ rigs (from inquisitors) are absolute paydays (at least most MK2+ rigs are, but Med Drones are always huge at 25-30M value per bpc). If you are farming T1-T3, you'll eventually make money, but very RNG dependent so just keep farming. Thankfully Delve does have the most lucrative rig category as one of it's rig categories: Engineering. If you get CCC rigs you just made a ton of money.

nakieon fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 5, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pubbies blowing up level 1 bases is gonna do my head in.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

nakieon posted:

Responding to questions in order:

Yes, that is normal in certain parts of Delve, but some parts of Delve are where the chinese alliance calls home, just fly around and you'll get a feel for what places in Delve are very quiet vs not. For me, north, east, middle, and south Delve are pretty quiet although I haven't checked the deep south. The chinese hang out in the west.

I would sell datacores in a main trade hub, which the closest one is Amarr. You can try finding an industrial type guy in your corp to buy them from you but my guess is your industry guys will already have a decent donation rate of amarr datacores such that they don't need to buy it yet. I have no idea what the situation is or what corp you're in. I do not think they will sell at all if you list it in Delve but there's always a possibility of the chinese guys buying it. Try listing a small amount?

Amarr datacores are thankfully going up, they're rising and nearing 100k now. Minmatar nearly 300k, Gallente is nearing 200k, but Caldari bounces between 350k and 400k. So Amarr datacores aint ALL that bad. They used to be legit only 10k or so. I would not go somewhere else if you're doing the "stay in same system and farm the linked anomalies" method. If your system's base is higher level (like T4 or higher) you will make bank if you are patient enough with farming the linked anomalies. Medium Drone BPs (from scouts) and MK2+ rigs (from inquisitors) are absolute paydays (at least most MK2+ rigs are, but Med Drones are always huge at 25-30M value per bpc). If you are farming T1-T3, you'll eventually make money, but very RNG dependent so just keep farming. Thankfully Delve does have the most lucrative rig category as one of it's rig categories: Engineering. If you get CCC rigs you just made a ton of money.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I was based in Amarr previously so I figured would probably have to haul stuff back. But it's been interesting to see what modules/blueprints have any demand in the market, and probably a decent way of learning what stats/functions are important.

Regarding my corp situation, I'm just playing solo in a 1% tax idle corp trying to learn the game. Last time I tried to join the goon corps y'all imploded (again? :v:) but I should probably stop being lazy and reapply.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think we are directing new applicants to [HAUS] so when you’re ready, apply there.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How do you find the news missions needed for the race story lines? It seems very random as to where they pop up, and I can’t seem to find any amarr ones. I’m still starting out and just using an alpha clone while I am seeing if I might get real sucked into this game. I’m in the Verge Vendor region at the trade hub if that helps.

Was also wondering how pvp works, which systems am I vulnerable to being attacked in? Is it 0.5 security and below or something? I’ve been zooming around in a frigate, don’t know how susceptible I am to being scrambled or webbed and killed while traveling.

I don’t really like mobile gaming but for whatever reason this is so well done and so chill I like it a lot. I’ve been training up the alpha clone available skills, running missions, and just doing my first bit of PI (which is surprisingly easy? I just assign those drills and launch the stuff into a canister and sell it on the trade hub market every 24hrs?? It seems way too accessible). I’ve made over 300k so far. I’m hoping to buy a destroyer next. You all have any recommendations for a starting pve destroyer? I’ve been using rail guns and armor fits so far as gallente, but I’ve trained up missiles too.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

since no one said they were recording, here is a copy of the speech I gave today for anyone not around.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cdo9Cz70FHlr5K1b_otrFr2f-E1WDHeM_Qisv58W3uY/edit?usp=sharing

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Khris Kruel posted:

since no one said they were recording, here is a copy of the speech I gave today for anyone not around.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cdo9Cz70FHlr5K1b_otrFr2f-E1WDHeM_Qisv58W3uY/edit?usp=sharing

I’m so hard rn.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

3/10, no corp wallet stolen at the end

Ch4ot1cEv17
Sep 16, 2019

Khris Kruel posted:

Pretty sure this is the kinda poo poo that gets you assassinated or a bounty on your head... I'M IN!!

Build all the Retrievers!

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Khris Kruel posted:

I approve this message and I'm in [POOH] as of right now. Guristas space is being fought over at the moment by Chinese corporations. It has been mentioned that if you are not careful in local chant. The members of those corporations will report your speech and you will be banned for a period of time. Deklein itself is being pushed into by Chinese and other corporations. It truly is the land of milk and honey.

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man

MarcusSA posted:

Pubbies blowing up level 1 bases is gonna do my head in.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I thought [POOH] was the one in Deklein various people were calling horribly racist evil goons and swearing to murder in alliance Discord?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with POOH. I saw a bunch of gross character names and there were a couple people kicked from our discord because they were members, but then nothing came of that because the leadership explosion happened immediately following it.

If y'all are goons and not total shitters then I don't think there's any reason to go after you, and I think there may have been miscommunication there. I dunno how leadership feels or what they know.

LOL never mind I guess, see below.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 5, 2020

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

If you all aren't lovely racists explain this, along with all the other dumb poo poo.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

i assume not everyone in pooh is a turd but there are definitely turds in pooh. and rust is just a salty baby

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

esto es malo posted:

i assume not everyone in pooh is a turd but there are definitely turds in pooh. and rust is just a salty baby
Their CEO had a meltdown over not being able to use the R-word.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, POOH is China Man Bad, with member names including SumTingWong and BangDingOw.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Ein Sexmonster posted:

i meant there may be a person in there who has no idea any of this is going on and isnt tossing slurs or not-so-subtle racist character names, but that assumption can always be wrong. does anyone know where they recruited from or is it just some group of people that all know each other

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Also pretty sure half of [POOH] is one guy multiboxing about six or seven characters.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

esto es malo posted:

there are definitely turds in pooh

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man

Sub Rosa posted:

Yeah, POOH is China Man Bad, with member names including SumTingWong and BangDingOw.

Pretty sure they have Donald45 Trump as well.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Sub Rosa posted:

lol welp

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 6, 2020

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Khris Kruel posted:

here is a map of tribute annotated with the anomaly levels, courtesy of the sheep:

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Radio Free Kobold posted:

here is a map of tribute annotated with the anomaly levels, courtesy of the sheep:

Should I be concerned with W-UQA5 being left out on that map? For some reason I imagine some sort of horror story occurred when visiting that system and no one wants to talk about it

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

nakieon posted:

Should I be concerned with W-UQA5 being left out on that map? For some reason I imagine some sort of horror story occurred when visiting that system and no one wants to talk about it

Broadly correct. We don't talk about W-UQA5

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

Broadly correct. We don't talk about W-UQA5

...what happened in W-UQA5?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Shortest Path posted:

Hello Sailor posted:

We don't talk about W-UQA5

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Theres only one rule in the gooseclub do not talk about W-UQA5

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Sub Rosa posted:

Corp search in game is a hot mess, is that really the Corp name jfc

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

esto es malo posted:

Corp search in game is a hot mess, is that really the Corp name jfc

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

The Shortest Path posted:

I will not reveal the W-U Tang secret.