Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I know zarah doesn't have anything objectionable in her history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Zarah is one of the few bright sparks in a lovely lovely Labour Party.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Zarah is great and it's a shame I don't live a couple of miles south so I could vote for her

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, she's absolutely right. I've had some Aussie friends going on about Australian police authoritarianism recently, shocked that Aus police would treat citizens the same way that their government treats asylum seekers in offshore camps, and had some "but but we pay taxes" reactions to the idea that a government that sticks their least favoured in camps is probably looking to be poo poo cunts to the rest. Zarah is a good egg.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Zarah has been getting poo poo from the Labour right from day one so I've always figured shes probably alright.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/marvelle/status/1302342259870892032/photo/1

Meanwhile the writers of America Season 244 are just going "gently caress it".

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Zarah said she would celebrate the death of Blair and Bush but has subsequently retracted those statements which is a shame.

Other than that she's ace.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/marvelle/status/1302342259870892032/photo/1

Meanwhile the writers of America Season 244 are just going "gently caress it".

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SpaceCommie posted:

Zarah said she would celebrate the death of Blair and Bush but has subsequently retracted those statements which is a shame.

Other than that she's ace.

Probably too soon to push for her as leader, though. No idea who I'd want out of the current SCG to be honest. Clive Lewis, maybe.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lewis is pretty good.
Death of Blair is very good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Probably one of those policies that polls pretty well blind too.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Well, I'm thoroughly disillusioned once more. There's a guide dogs advert with this little supposedly blind girl finding her way into her classroom, and you think "Aww, little moppet trying her little heart out", and now I see her on a Disneyland Paris ad, with her marvelling at the sight of the Magic Kingdom.

Damned mawkish, manipulative capitalism.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Trickjaw posted:

Well, I'm thoroughly disillusioned once more. There's a guide dogs advert with this little supposedly blind girl finding her way into her classroom, and you think "Aww, little moppet trying her little heart out", and now I see her on a Disneyland Paris ad, with her marvelling at the sight of the Magic Kingdom.

Damned mawkish, manipulative capitalism.

They probably tried it with child actors that could see but none of them could convincingly marvel at Disneyland so they got the little blind lass in.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Maybe she got blinded on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Advertising agencies were a bad idea

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

In a move that will shock no one here, seems the only option is to scrap a planned increase in the mininum wage because covid/recession/gently caress the poors.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/05/planned-rise-minimum-wage-unaffordable-pandemic/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TheKafkaDude/status/1302215121369018368?s=19

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DroneRiff posted:

In a move that will shock no one here, seems the only option is to scrap a planned increase in the mininum wage because covid/recession/gently caress the poors.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/05/planned-rise-minimum-wage-unaffordable-pandemic/

I bet you they talked about reducing it, because a Tory wouldn't be a proper Tory without sticking the knife in a bit more if they could get away with it.

And don't read the comments for your own sanity.
It's the immigrants fault for everything, they should eliminate the min wage totally, corona is a cover story to make us lose money, loads of layabouts not getting proper jobs, etc your typical brain worm gammon fest.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can an independent judiciary be owned by one billionaire?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People keep describing things as free when they evidently mean very expensive.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

People keep describing things as free when they evidently mean very expensive.
Not free as in beer, free as in you’re free to start your own one if you think you could do better!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Starting a paper is one of the things that seems like it would be very expensive given how much money they keep losing.

Free is going on twitter and yelling at politicians.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

Not free as in beer, free as in you’re free to start your own one if you think you could do better!!!

a "free press" in that they're completely free to write and do whatever bollocks they want with no consequences; see hacking scandal

the state of british press is basically the result of someone thinking out loud "what if free but too much"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

In the UK it really is as simple as everything is named it's opposite and this simple trick takes centuries to untangle

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I tried to start my own judiciary but nobody turned up :(

Where can get magic hat that allows me to discover laws?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Starting a paper is one of the things that seems like it would be very expensive given how much money they keep losing.

Free is going on twitter and yelling at politicians.

I yelled at Dan Hodges earlier on twitter

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

I yelled at Dan Hodges earlier on twitter

Is there a better way to start the day?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Call toby young a nonce.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Is there a better way to start the day?

I saw you had also yelled at him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

I saw you had also yelled at him

The only reason in favour of living in London is so I could find out where Dan lives and yell at him IRL

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1302515137203634176

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I tweeted my old andrew neil avatar at him yesterday and twitter made it huge.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/SAVideoGames/status/1302185166442553344

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

DroneRiff posted:

The economy is in the shitter so we can't raise the wages of people who need and will spend it, because ???

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because we can't let an opportunity to make things worse go unused.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Maybe they should cut some taxes, that'll help

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Continuity RCP posted:

The economy is in the shitter so we can't raise the wages of people who need and will spend it, because ???

Don't be silly economies are't held up by people spending money they're held up by shoving hundreds of millions of pounds to already-wealthy corporations and billionaires.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The best economy is one with an infinite amount of money held in an offshore account

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I too have played tropico.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Continuity RCP posted:

The best economy is one with an infinite amount of money held in an offshore account

You need 2 offshore accounts so they can sell houses to each other and call it GDP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Tories min-maxing the economy to get an absurdly high GDP, and finding all sorts of batshit insane exploits that society was never designed for like "whip the poor" and "stand like the colossus of rhodes"