Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

as someone who has been playing masters this entire time, the newest update specifically did not warrant a big enough change for a new name (several earlier updates have added/changed more), they just wanted to rebrand it slightly to signify to all the people who tried it at release when it was really bad that it has changed since then

Is it still bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bongo Bill posted:

Is it still bad?

Its a phone gacha that decided to brand itself 'Pokemon Master Sex' or has the most incompetent English marketing team to ever live

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zore posted:

Its a phone gacha that decided to brand itself 'Pokemon Master Sex' or has the most incompetent English marketing team to ever live

It’s Masters EX but yeah. Also as far as gatcha games go though you barely if ever need to spend any real money on it as most things can be purchased using items and currency obtained in-game.

Also I kind of like the story, it has a lot of charm and character detail for the various trainers (which before was only really seen in the anime and supplementary materials), also the battle system is kind of fun in my opinion.

Also they patched most of the issues out of it a while back. Your mileage may vary but it’s definitely playable at the very least.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody here want a nearly competitively perfect politoed I caught in a den? I already have one I hand bred.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy... poo poo. I moved probably 60 or 70 pokemon from home to sword, then played for a while. I played some fire emblem, and then booted sword back up again and all of them are missing. Literally all of the pokemon I moved over are missing and my game got reset back a couple of days. I definitely saved.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm so upset. All my dittos I'd collected on the 3ds games, all my legendaries, story teams, bred mons... It's all gone. Literally years of my pokemon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unless you somehow loaded up an earlier cloud save I don’t understand how that’s possible since any saves would be after the transfer. Are you sure you didn’t change profiles by accident or something? Or transfer the Pokémon to a different save?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

Unless you somehow loaded up an earlier cloud save I don’t understand how that’s possible since any saves would be after the transfer. Are you sure you didn’t change profiles by accident or something?

Yeah I mean it's my only account and profile on this switch.

I don't know how it would load an older save.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did you check that they’re not still in Home and you just didn’t complete the transfer?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

Did you check that they’re not still in Home and you just didn’t complete the transfer?

Yeah I already looked there. All the stuff I left behind is still in home but im missing all the stuff I transferred

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Maybe I didn't wait for the save to finish on sword or something. So it just saved on home after it transfered but then never saved after they got on sword.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That shouldn’t be possible. You’ve made sure to check ALL your Home and PC boxes right?

EDIT: Are Home and SwSh updated to the current version?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 6, 2020

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
I don’t know how well this would work but you supposedly can get to backup save data prior your last save with UP + X + B on the title screen

I don’t save my switch to check but this reddit post has a vid

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/e7xuo9/psa_you_can_revert_to_a_backup_save_data_prior/

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Gillman posted:

I don’t know how well this would work but you supposedly can get to backup save data prior your last save with UP + X + B on the title screen

I don’t save my switch to check but this reddit post has a vid

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/e7xuo9/psa_you_can_revert_to_a_backup_save_data_prior/

Yeah it was even further back.

I've checked literally every box. As far as I can tell, my shits just gone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well I don't know what to say then. The people on the Discord can help you get some of those legendaries if you want.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I mean I know I can get all of those back. I was just venting honestly. The thing that stings most is losing my in game teams from x, y, or, and sun

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Kinda a long shot, but does anyone have a Dusk form Lycanroc on US/UM they'd be willing to give away?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Someone was asking for my rental code earlier, managed to get this team into top 2000 (for now) and it’s going pretty well

Cybertron just posted a bunch of videos of him playing a very similar team so I expect a lot of people to watch out for Coalossal. 50% of my wins are people trying way too hard to kill coalossal or stop him from maxing while I just like casually switch him out, a big part of doing well with this team is NOT committing to the GMax if you feel like they’re gonna beat you for it. If you’re up against heavy redirection and leading primarina coalossal you can also just use your 2 spread moves while they uselessly try to redirect

I am finding myself using clefable less and less but I’m also not running against a lot of teams that are weak to redirection yet.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I mean I know I can get all of those back. I was just venting honestly. The thing that stings most is losing my in game teams from x, y, or, and sun

Out of curiosity do you have a digital or physical copy of the game? Because what you're describing is my absolute nightmare scenario.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Out of curiosity do you have a digital or physical copy of the game? Because what you're describing is my absolute nightmare scenario.

Physical copy of sword. I'd say just be sure to save a couple of times haha. I think I closed the game too quickly after saving

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I know how you feel. In 2014 I left my 3DS in a bag overnight with a partially dumped thing that holds water, thinking it was dumped fully. The next morning my 3DS was a brick. Now everything on the cartridge was fine, but since I had just finished a living dex on Bank a lot of legacy stuff including old starters and more was lost. Thankfully I didn't have my oldest and most valuable Pokemon on there, the Latias I caught on my very oldest Sapphire file. She rests safely in Alpha Sapphire now, back home in Hoenn to stay.

It took me until the start of the pandemic to finish another living dex, which thankfully should be secured by the HOME cloud being across a few consoles. But what you've said...is anxiety inducing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Physical copy of sword. I'd say just be sure to save a couple of times haha. I think I closed the game too quickly after saving

I'd try contacting customer support with the Pokemon Home, I don't know if they will be able to help but that's all I can think of at this point.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Flopsy posted:

I don't know if it would matter because the saves aren't stored on the cartridge anymore.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Golden Gael posted:

I don't know if it would matter because the saves aren't stored on the cartridge anymore.

Ah geez. Welp luckily I'm paranoid as gently caress save compulsively and obsessively check my transfers to make sure they go through. It's all one can do I guess.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Golden Gael posted:

I know how you feel. In 2014 I left my 3DS in a bag overnight with a partially dumped thing that holds water, thinking it was dumped fully. The next morning my 3DS was a brick. Now everything on the cartridge was fine, but since I had just finished a living dex on Bank a lot of legacy stuff including old starters and more was lost. Thankfully I didn't have my oldest and most valuable Pokemon on there, the Latias I caught on my very oldest Sapphire file. She rests safely in Alpha Sapphire now, back home in Hoenn to stay.

It took me until the start of the pandemic to finish another living dex, which thankfully should be secured by the HOME cloud being across a few consoles. But what you've said...is anxiety inducing.
I thought bank was cloud-based. Shouldn't you have been able to transfer your nintendo account to a new 3ds and recover them that way?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Finally getting around to transferring my pokemon but now I'm realizing that after IR transferring everything up to Sun/Moon I'd have to pay for both a pokebank subscription and a pokemon home subscription and that is just too much bullshittery to stomach. And of course I wouldn't even be able to transfer all pokemon into Sword/Shield so I'd still have a fragmented mess of where my best pokemon are stored. On the bright side my DS and 3DS still turn on. :toot:

Maybe I should just get the gen8 DLC and gently caress around with that. I'm fervently anti-DLC, rarely is it ever worth what they charge. I guess I should just get over it because $30 is nothing and I'm stuck inside due to natural disasters in my area.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Usually you get dlc with pokemon anyways its just ultra sun or ultra moon

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The DLC is extremely good and adds a lot of content. I can’t wait for the second part to come out. HURRY UP GAME FREAK!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Yeah paying $30 for the DLC instead of $60 for SwSh2 *with new Wild Areas!* is way better in my book. Of course I haven't discounted the possibility of Gamefreak actually releasing a SwSh2 anyway, but I hope they actually do DP remakes if they don't go straight to Gen 9.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Humerus posted:

Yeah paying $30 for the DLC instead of $60 for SwSh2 *with new Wild Areas!* is way better in my book. Of course I haven't discounted the possibility of Gamefreak actually releasing a SwSh2 anyway, but I hope they actually do DP remakes if they don't go straight to Gen 9.

I still think that the DLC changes a lot less than it should. A sequel could have the two new areas and fix up a lot more of the base game’s problems.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I still think that the DLC changes a lot less than it should. A sequel could have the two new areas and fix up a lot more of the base game’s problems.

The base game's biggest failing is lack of voice acting.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm they should maybe put some scenes that are at all interesting to watch in the game before worrying about voicing them imo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flopsy posted:

The base game's biggest failing is lack of voice acting.

Yes it's deffo not the writing or the technical issues or how hosed the online is.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Geostomp posted:

I would've honestly swapped USUM with the SWSH DLC. Give Sun and Moon an Ultra Wormholes expansion with new UB themed areas to explore, and give SWSH a second coat of paint to fix all the problems with it.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The DLC is extremely good and adds a lot of content. I can’t wait for the second part to come out. HURRY UP GAME FREAK!

The website says it'll be released in November, but there's no hard date set yet. That's ok though, I can get more gigantimax mushrooms in the meantime.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I decided to try and breed a Shiny Cubone. Even doing everything possible to increase my odds, I have a feeling this might be a month long process.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

I decided to try and breed a Shiny Cubone. Even doing everything possible to increase my odds, I have a feeling this might be a month long process.

I tried with max odds for a few gens with no results. And then in Sword max odds gave me a shiny egg after 20 minutes. It'll happen quicker than you think this gen.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spacebump posted:

If you have a shiny charm and you're using the masuda method on average it can take you between four days to a week depending. At least that was my experience with it. Weirdly enough the first four I bred popped out fairly quickly but it slowed down drastically from there.

On that note is there any shinies in particular you want? I literally have every pokemon I need at this point and am flush with a lot of excess from wonder trading and breedjects. So if there's anything you're looking for just let me know and I'll be perfectly happy to give em' to you for free.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 8, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hrist posted:

I tried with max odds for a few gens with no results. And then in Sword max odds gave me a shiny egg after 20 minutes. It'll happen quicker than you think this gen.

Which gens? The shiny rate was doubled at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Flopsy posted:

If you have a shiny charm and you're using the masuda method on average it can take you between four days to a week depending. At least that was my experience with it. Weirdly enough the first four I bred popped out fairly quickly but it slowed down drastically from there.

On that note is there any shinies in particular you want? I literally have every pokemon I need at this point and am flush with a lot of excess from wonder trading and breedjects. So if there's anything you're looking for just let me know and I'll be perfectly happy to give em' to you for free.

I don't suppose you have a Duraludon in a Heavy Ball?