Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sundae insisting it is break time. She does this often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gracie and pita!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sadie has reopened the path into the bedroom and has been waking me up an hour early again recently, rebuilding barrier out of light plastic instead of posterboard this time

stupid fluffy jerk

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

god, same

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

cat

kitten

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Lookit this kitty kitty

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Animale posted:

Lookit this kitty kitty

goddamn good kitties right there

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
eat a grass, have a barf (preferably not on the carpet tho)

new toy for Graham and Martin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

New cat toy day.

https://imgur.com/gfcPlnx

https://i.imgur.com/gfcPlnx.mp4

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dave, Dave, Dave
What you want
But don't play games
With my affections

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

great kitty cats this page, keep up the good work

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hi i dont post much in here but nargle has been around for all of yospos

she is a wonderful noisy Old Cat now and i love her more than any other thing on this earth

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1302404498153848832

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

nargle :3:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Are Suzie-Q and Hoss still occupying Ft Warms?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

Are Suzie-Q and Hoss still occupying Ft Warms?

currently they are both away doing Cat Stuff. they still share though

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Jonny 290 posted:

Hi i dont post much in here but nargle has been around for all of yospos

she is a wonderful noisy Old Cat now and i love her more than any other thing on this earth

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1302404498153848832

thank you for sharing nargle

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hey it's Nargle. :3:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Springy little goobers, aren't they!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
posting to find my posts but will edit

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chanelling catface

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Chanelling catface

This cat looks like some kind of crazy midget

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
we put Pompeii to sleep today. his kidney disease advanced rapidly and he was not eating at all and just hitting the body chemistry downward spiral. We tempted him with every special treat, deli turkey and canned tuna, Parmesan cheese and (weird) curry, but he just didn't have any appetite. The vet gave him an appetite stimulant Thursday morning, it didn't help much.

Today he woke up and was so weak he collapsed on the way to my wife's bedside from the other room. We watched him curled up in the closet as we agonized over whether the e-vet was just gonna scare him to death, make him more miserable, or whether he'd even survive the car trip down there. It took a bit and I'm shamed that it did so, I don't know why I hesitated but I really did not want him to be any more frightened? I dunno. However thank whatever god that we screwed up our courage and packed him up and made the drive to the next bridge over.

Vet said his enzyme values broke her scale they were so toxic, and that his anemia had progressed to the point where he wasn't manufacturing new red blood cells, and the choice was pretty clear.

They were kind enough to waive the covid protocols so we could be in the exam room, and he spent his last breath nose to nose with my wife as he peacefully drifted off. Again, I'm so unbelievably glad we took him in, the relief in the moment was thick and palpable because he was suffering and so, so emaciated.

It's like we didn't come home, but we came back to the house we live in. It's noticeably emptier, and he's not outside on the landing, waiting for the bedside lights to turn off to come and demand treats at the least convenient time.

This sucks, 2020 sucks, be good to your animal and your human friends. thank you to the actual 219ers who have welcomed us here, the best thread on the internet, a home for us for eight years.

rip Pompeii, 2007-2020.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's never easy to do but you guys did right by him after giving him a wonderful, safe home full of love and scritches.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
RIP for a drat good cat

you gave him a good send off, spending his last moments falling to sleep with his friends. We should all be so lucky

Best Bi Geek Squid fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 6, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

sorry for your loss, what a wonderful cat and friend

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

oh no :(

shedding a tear for lil' Pompeii right now

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'm sorry, Pomps was a great cat and you guys were great cat owners for him. Thanks for sharing Pompeii with us.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RIP to a pro cat

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RIP Pompeii an amazing cat who had an amazing family that loved them to the very very end. I'm so sorry Gunshow. It's never easy, but you did the right thing.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
RIP pompeii

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a good cat

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

rip Pompeii, 2007-2020.

Thank you for making Pomps a part of your home, and thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you for trying everything you could to make his life the best it could be, and then, when there was nothing left to do, for ending his suffering in peace, comfort, and love.

It never feels like the right time, but it was the time it happened, and you did your best, again. You're good people and you did the right things for him at every turn. I wish you the best.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

RIP to Pompeii, a great cat who had a great life and a peaceful passing.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Farewell Pomps, a very loved and good cat :love:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

rip Pompeii, 2007-2020.

oh no i'm so sorry. you did the best thing for him, both at the end and all the years before giving him a life where he was loved and happy. thanks for sharing him with us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Rest well Pompeii, a pro cat who had a wonderful life. Thanks so much for sharing him with us