Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

there's a provost quest??? i had him for quite a while and never came across that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My SMG guy is so far ahead of everyone else damage-wise that the other characters may as well not exist.

Here's my review of different weapon types (playing on Ranger) at the point I'm at (near the end-game? level 21-25, close to the best in slot weapon for each weapon type) - to be really candid here I don't think that the SMG is "overpowered" so much as all of the other weapons are mostly just trash :shrug: They should all be bumped up a bit to be in line with SMGs

SMG - Ripper (7 skill req) - kills most enemy units in one shot, my SMG user can move 5-6 tiles and still shoot 3 times per turn. The 6 tiles of movement are essentially free every turn (moving 5 tiles gives you a free SMG shot). Each shot only takes 3AP which gives him an AP-to-kill ratio of 3:1. Enemies with high armor take significantly less damage here, but I bust their armor with my pistol user then one-shot them with my SMG user.

Pistols - Literally any weapon it doesn't even matter, I prefer the Click 19 (5 skill req) - this is the 2nd best weapon type to have but it has nothing to do with its damage, which is respectable for what it can do but nothing to write home about. Assuming you start with 0% precision gauge, a pistol user can max their precision gauge and then bust a target's armor in a total of 2 shots (6 AP) which then opens it up to get 1-shot by my SMG user. They're also great for capping enemies that end up with like 5% health left because they only cost 3AP and can be modded for very high range. Using the Click 19 gives you Snap Shot which is a 1-AP shot with -40% hit rate that has no cooldown and can be used in place of every attack. My Pistol user doesn't do much on their own but they enable a lot to happen with my SMG user and even with my less useful characters, since I gave them leadership for Rally spam.

Melee - Hydraulic Hammer (9 skill req) and Dorsey Family Sword (6 skill req) - this is a distant second place behind SMG for damage and AP-to-Kill. the Hydraulic Hammer kills enemies in roughly 3 hits and takes 4 AP to swing so the AP-to-Kill ratio here is about 12:1

Shotgun- Tactical Shotgun (7 skill req) - surprisingly good since it has very high range and only costs 3AP to fire. The damage is nothing to write home about but it is an AOE and much like handguns I find it to be good for picking off near-death enemies. However cone attacks in general seem very janky with height and often don't roll for a hit against the target I'm aiming at despite them flashing white and showing a hit % above their head.

Brawling - Power Gauntlet (7 skill req) - Somewhere in the middle tier but still bad. 2 AP per swing to deal ~10% of an enemy's health in damage clocks in at ~20:1 AP-to-Kill ratio, plus extra AP for moving closer to enemies. The combo system and whatever the finishing move is might make it a little better but generally my SMG user has finished the fight on their own before my brawler can get more than 2 combo on anyone.

Explosives - Javelin (7 skill req) - This seems fine but there's no reason to use it in a world where SMGs exist and do more damage for half the AP cost and can kill a group for less AP than a rocket launcher. Also rocket ammo is suuuuper rare even in shops and I find it best to feed it all to morningstar for the rocket launcher I stuck ontop of it.

Flamer - Incinerator (7 skill req) - Even modded for massive range and the ability to Engulf half the map twice every single turn, the Flamer is mostly useless in every regard except for the Engulf debuff. At 5AP per shot and dealing about ~15% of an enemy's health the AP-to-kill ratio here is ~35:1 which, granted, is an AOE. However, SMG does AOE better. since its precision strike costs 3AP and will one-shot everything it hits. I don't include the tick damage that Engulfed does here because much like the Brawler and his combo meter, my SMG user has generally finished the fight before most enemies take more than one tick of flame damage.

Assault Rifles - so bad that I kicked my AR user out of the party ~10 levels ago

HMG - I never found anything better than the Light Squad Weapon so HMGs were useless for me

Sniper Rifle - this is the only weapon type I didn't use in my party so I have no idea but they seem good - the damage of an SMG with far higher AP cost but crazy high range :shrug:

I have thousands of spare SMG ammo and I'm debating another run on SJ after I finish this one, if I do I will probably run with 3-4 SMG users.

edit: also gently caress the giant frog enemies, they're the hardest things in the game that I've fought and you can run into them relatively early. Those things have enormous health pools and do a ton of damage with their tongues.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 6, 2020

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

I dont know if most people know this because the game doesnt make it very obvious, but you can click on your radio and ask for a tow to fast travel to ranger hq
gently caress me .... I had no idea. Now to find the controls on XBone.

Just Chamber posted:

Just got this and havent read the thread so i know i'm repeating this almost 100% but hoo boy is it good game design to have your tutorial punish players for picking a weapon you arent going to give them ammo for (sniper in this case).
Sorry man. Yeah doing a sniper right off is brutal. I still say don't make one of your two Rangers snipers as you get a nice Ranger sniper in just a sec but... everyone should play what they want. You do get two other recruits if it helps right after the tutorial. Also that sniper I mentioned, Jodie Bell, is available right after the Garden mission so fairly quick. The two after the prologue aren't Rangers but if you take Jodie you get to take all three surviving Rangers so yay. Still I agree it is a punch to the nuts

Evil Canadian posted:

I remember like maybe 3 Leadership checks ever in the game.

Kiss-rear end is the check that comes up the most by quite a bit.
There's a fair bit of first-aid checks later in the game.
Hard-rear end is basically just the skip fight check, and it lets you skip a lot of the big setpiece battles at the end of the game which I don't know is a good thing or not since its sorta anti climatic.

Agreed. This current game my leader at 11 is sitting at 5 ld and, if I go like my last run, I'm focusing on first aid. Got a companion maxing Kiss rear end. My hard rear end is only at like 4 with a guy. I have a hat that gives +1 and a star that gives +1 but really I am going to ignore it unless I have an extra point or two. I don't remember anything mid to late game solved with hard rear end over kiss rear end but I did speed run so I could see the end. Most hard rear end I remember could debuff or skip fights but that was no fun. Taking my sweet time this round.

Eat This Glob posted:

i really like my knifin' around guy early in my first playthorugh of this (and every) wasteland game. first time loving with turned based RTS despite growing up in their heyday. i just wish it wouldn't crash so goddamn much. they've brought back what i loved about my FO3 and FONV experiences plus all that I detested lol

e: why are loading times so abysmal too? these maps are tiny! is it because xbox has the wrong ram or whatever? i just popped over from God of War on ps4 and this poo poo is terrible
Melee is a late bloomer but so much fun. I remembered knives not having enough but this game I'm doing great. Perk that lets me get a free third attack? Yes please. I do like blunt and blade being in the same category. Let's me mix it up. Also backing up the goon that charisma is nice with brawling or melee as filling up the special meters is nice. I don't go too high but a 4 wouldn't hurt anyone. Int is also nice.

Your post made me laugh as its my exact thought. I love this guddamn game but gently caress me if I never have another bloody crash to desktop I will be so thankful. Effin Xbox... and normally its the PS that had issues in the past. Thinking ram as well. Still dig the poo poo out of this game but they need to fix the bugs quick so this game does well. I want DLC and Wasteland 4 one day.

Note: so for anyone (I remember one of you guys did) that wondered about the Smiling Lady slaver that pops up and asks you to turn in Hallie? So if you decide to be a scumbag slaver and turn her in you get: -15 Refugee faction and some sweet loot. Guaranteed +1 nerd PDA and a bunch of high gear. I got a beautiful 30-06 sniper and a full set of power armour on top of other high end stuff. I felt like bad so I reloaded and played along until warning the girl and telling the slavers she left town on an Arapaho Caravan. +10 Refugee rep when I told her. Nothing when I lied to the slaver saying she already left. Also xp with both. So.... do as you will. I couldn't turn her in.

Edit/\/\ smgs are really top notch. ARs need a buff.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 6, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Amppelix posted:

there's a provost quest??? i had him for quite a while and never came across that

Yeah there was one in Wasteland 2 as well. This one is a little more lenient, I think. You need to find an icon of Minerva--I'm pretty sure I found it at the Dorsey family's last stand and then you get access to a cave in the far north that is filled with clones of the Provost who quickly disappear, taking your Provost with them. It definitely left me saying "Wut."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Im pretty torn on who to support at the end game. Angelas plan sounds terrible and everyone seems to agree with that assessment, but shes not wrong when she says the Patriarch needs to go down. The current crisis is completely the result of failing to deal with his godawful children and establishing some kind of line of succession. If you read the medical report in Aspen it says hes only got a few years left in him and once hes gone the whole place is going to poo poo anyways. The whole thing is a house of cards and its gonna crumble any second

grobbo
May 29, 2014

babypolis posted:

Im pretty torn on who to support at the end game. Angelas plan sounds terrible and everyone seems to agree with that assessment, but shes not wrong when she says the Patriarch needs to go down. The current crisis is completely the result of failing to deal with his godawful children and establishing some kind of line of succession. If you read the medical report in Aspen it says hes only got a few years left in him and once hes gone the whole place is going to poo poo anyways. The whole thing is a house of cards and its gonna crumble any second

The endgame slides give the impression that if you stick around in Colorado after supporting the Patriarch, you become indispensable to him and will determine the line of succession when he kicks the bucket, so the problem really does solve itself so long as you don't go nuts and unify a bunch of violent gangs in order to take down the guy who intends to support Arizona as an honest broker. . It's definitely an unusually one-sided take on the standard faction choice in RPGs, and I can't figure out if it's a deliberate subversion or not.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lmao so Charley gave a call asking for help to take over the Bizarre. I sided with Flab and killed Charley, then I went back to Little Vegas and he's still there chilling in his same spot. I can even tell Brygo that Charley's dead.

I kinda like it though, he's like a lingering ghost only my party can see.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Lmao so Charley gave a call asking for help to take over the Bizarre. I sided with Flab and killed Charley, then I went back to Little Vegas and he's still there chilling in his same spot. I can even tell Brygo that Charley's dead.

I kinda like it though, he's like a lingering ghost only my party can see.

This quest seems quite buggy. I got Flabs throne in my museum before Charley even called me. Its still in there even after I sided with the Monsters. I hope it doesn't gently caress up my ending slides.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

The secret to shotguns is that all the actual good shotguns are the auto shotguns, which fire three times per trigger pull without losing damage - the single fire shotguns are deeply unimpressive. The endgame shotgun is the Jackhammer, which completely shits on almost every other weapon.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

the Jackhammer

Isn't that the thing you had to send back to the factory to reload?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The tactical shotgun is also pretty good at demolishing cover and anything behind it, but the Jackhammer is so much better. You click a button and half the battlefield turns into mist/dust. Put a good sight and an extra turkey choke on it and you can do it from 15+ meters away. I did something similar to a Minigun, turning it into a sniper rifle basically.

itry fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 6, 2020

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

Brawling - Power Gauntlet (7 skill req) - Somewhere in the middle tier but still bad. 2 AP per swing to deal ~10% of an enemy's health in damage clocks in at ~20:1 AP-to-Kill ratio, plus extra AP for moving closer to enemies. The combo system and whatever the finishing move is might make it a little better but generally my SMG user has finished the fight on their own before my brawler can get more than 2 combo on anyone.

The perk that gives -1 AP to all brawling hits really does make the weapon worth it. My Cordite went from barely managing to tickle a single enemy with the 3AP Sawblade glove to getting that skill and the Power Gauntlet and suddenly he kills 2 a turn by himself because he can attack 10 times a turn.

Has anyone tried a dedicated Blunt weapon build? Bladed just seems better but I can see using the stun skill to auto-crit someone working.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 6, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ugh, I had Billy and Jean on one of my non-created characters and they get a mandatory kick out of your party for 30 seconds at the end of the game. This managed to glitch all 3 of the pets I had following them who disappeared so I didn't get the achievement :negative:

Otherwise the ending was solid though I absolutely refuse to believe a bunch of idiot Reagan cultists are the only people who could ever figure out how to reliably refine oil

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The really good thing about a brawler is the stun AOE. But you have to give them max charisma, then is recharges every 3 attacks.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Fun fact: the Draw! perk from Small Arms doesn't necessarily apply on the weapon you just reloaded; you can, for example, reload a rocket launcher and take a 0 AP sniper rifle shot.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

So I found a weapon mod that gives a whopping +20 dmg in exchange for -10% to hit, so im gonna stick it on a minigun and literally double its damage. I think my big gunner might be able to one shot scorpitrons from stealth with this thing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I defy anyone to find anything related to the Payasos and Monster Bizarre funny. Hoo boy was that dire.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't that the thing you had to send back to the factory to reload?

Yeah, it never really existed outside like three half functional prototypes, but it looks so fancy it's been immortalised by movies, shows and games.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
What’s does the difficulty setting affect? Google searches just give “guide” sites that regurgitate the descriptions on the menu screen. Does it just impact damage numbers? Do skill checks change? Does it just make enemies into bullet sponges? Has anyone figured this out?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

as far as i know, it increases/decreases enemy stats and that's it.

you can change it at any point in the options menu too so no need to agonize over it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

As far as I can tell the higher difficulties just increase enemy HP and increases their damage. Game says that your damage is lowered but I think it's just your... effective damage relative to the new enemy HP pool since weapon stats are unchanged.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

itry posted:

The tactical shotgun is also pretty good at demolishing cover and anything behind it, but the Jackhammer is so much better. You click a button and half the battlefield turns into mist/dust. Put a good sight and an extra turkey choke on it and you can do it from 15+ meters away. I did something similar to a Minigun, turning it into a sniper rifle basically.

Where do I get the minigun anyway?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here's my review of different weapon types (playing on Ranger) at the point I'm at (near the end-game?
:words:

The unique assault rifle, Atom Smasher, is really good. It does around 70 dmg * 5 as energy damage. But yea overall the SMGs just outclass and then completely poo poo on assault rifles. The unique smg is completely ridiculous too, doing ~85dmg * 6.

The minigun is the final big gun and it is amazing. It does an average of 27 damage per bullet. It shoots 18 of them. It uses 7.62mm ammo. It has 10% more accuracy than the other big guns. It's :swoon:

Kanos posted:

The secret to shotguns is that all the actual good shotguns are the auto shotguns, which fire three times per trigger pull without losing damage - the single fire shotguns are deeply unimpressive. The endgame shotgun is the Jackhammer, which completely shits on almost every other weapon.

:hmmyes: ~125dmg * 3 and even more damage with the devastation perk. Everything in the cone of fire just explodes into red mist.

The Lone Badger posted:

I've found a few of them randomly from the weapon chests in the final few areas of the game. Basically Aspen and beyond. I found my first one really early in the game at the ranger HQ by turning over Hallie. :twisted:
I think there's a vendor in the a lategame area that sells them too. He's the same guy that sells Atom Smasher, assuming you don't side with Cordite. The vendor doesn't drop any of his fancy wares if you kill him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 6, 2020

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I defy anyone to find anything related to the Payasos and Monster Bizarre funny. Hoo boy was that dire.

I didn't find either one funny but MA was at least endearing to me. Plus they give me better discounts than Ranger HQ wtf.

The Payaso were unfortunate, though. I like psycho clowns but they botched the execution for sure

I would've liked to learn more about each of the various factions in depth, they're interesting on a surface level imo, everything in this game.is interesting but a.lot of it feels under explored.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Thanks for the tips about 10 Charisma brawler and the jackhammer, I hadn't considered that on a brawler and I don't have the jackhammer yet and didn't use many auto shotguns (I started using a shotgun user fairly late in the game)

I decided to go ahead and restart and do a SJ playthrough and I think I've settled on my party being: 2 SMG users, 2 Snipers, a shotgunner and a 10 charisma skill mule that will become a brawler later in the game.

I'd take advantage of the Atom Smasher and Minigun but I don't find their weapon types useful enough until the point where you get them :( Maybe I'll reroll one of the SMG rangers into an AR ranger when I get the atom smasher.

Side-note, I used this guide to play the tutorial as two 10-charisma non-combat rangers which gets you to level 4 when you reach Ranger HQ and lets you reroll then start with level 4 custom rangers. Highly recommended for anyone starting a new game who wants to min-max!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
One of my Robot Chickens got killed :(. Now I read that you're supposed to return them to the chicken coop or something. Well poo poo.

How do I have so many animal companions? Two robot chickens, Polly, Major Tom, and a tamed cat. I tried dismissing the cat to get another animal, but it says that I still have an animal companion and it won't let me re-tame the cat after I dismissed it.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

babypolis posted:

You can't go wrong with Liberty.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

I found one in a box after fighting a Scorpitron. There's one near Colorado, so you don't actually have to be lvl 20+ to fight one.
There are also shops in lvl 3 radiation zones that might have it.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think the MA were supposed to be funny. Clowns in general are definitely not funny.

Upmarket Mango posted:

I didn't find either one funny but MA was at least endearing to me. Plus they give me better discounts than Ranger HQ wtf.

The Payaso were unfortunate, though. I like psycho clowns but they botched the execution for sure

I would've liked to learn more about each of the various factions in depth, they're interesting on a surface level imo, everything in this game.is interesting but a.lot of it feels under explored.

Yeah. Sadly anything outside of the Liberty/Victory/Valor zones is pretty underdeveloped. I feel like there should've been more to the area's civilization, but it was outside of their scope or something.

Edit:

Liberty's design is pretty great. They managed to make her seem forceful/charismatic/terrifying the first time you encounter her.

Also her armor is an actual armor you can use in the game, so that's cool.

itry fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 6, 2020

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

finished the game last night. when it came to the end i sided with the patriarch because my companions ditched me when i tried to take him out and i didnt have anyone to replace them lol.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
On a positive lore note (and I liked the Monster Army!) I’d like to put in a good word for the Godfishers.

They might have been too much for some people, and I don’t know if their concept was a homage that I didn’t understand - but when pretty much all the factions in the Wasteland series have been built on the flimsiest Falloutian absurdist logic (sorry, the Monster Army!), I found the idea of ‘a tribe that makes sacrifices into flying kites of flesh to try and lure God back to the world’ genuinely horrific, original and heartbreaking.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Reclaimer posted:

You can't go wrong with Liberty.

Honestly, if it wasn't that she apparently doesn't send aid to Arizona I'd be tempted to side with her since she really does seem like the only one able to succeed Saul. I guess that's the point of her character though, she'd be fine if she just had patience and was less of a tyrant.

If they do another DC edition I'd love an ending where you can show her the documents proving the Patriarch only has a few years left and could convince her to join your side and help you decimate the gangs and return with you to be Saul's true heir. Also change Angela's ending so its a bit less dumb.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

itry posted:

I found one in a box after fighting a Scorpitron. There's one near Colorado, so you don't actually have to be lvl 20+ to fight one.
There are also shops in lvl 3 radiation zones that might have it.

I don't think the MA were supposed to be funny. Clowns in general are definitely not funny.

Yeah. Sadly anything outside of the Liberty/Victory/Valor zones is pretty underdeveloped. I feel like there should've been more to the area's civilization, but it was outside of their scope or something.

Edit:

Liberty's design is pretty great. They managed to make her seem forceful/charismatic/terrifying the first time you encounter her.

Also her armor is an actual armor you can use in the game, so that's cool.

I agree I also love those little talking cgi things and really wish there were more of them.

I hope if this game sells well its more of a common thing in W4

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah I remember being really impressed with the animation in Scotchmo's introduction too.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 6, 2020

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm not sure if I hate or like that some quests are timed even though it seems like it isn't. Turns out the Bizarre quest is timed. I sided with Braygo instead of the Marshalls so I didn't want the mob to be wiped out and I liked the Monster Army and didn't want to help the mob murder them all. I figured I'm the protagonist, I like the status quo, and quest lines don't advance without my input so as long as I do nothing nothing will happen. Time passes and after fast traveling to the Warren's for Qurex's quest I was kind of surprised there was no one in the Warrens. Figured it was just part of the quest and didn't think anything of it. I then went above ground because might as well do some shopping while I was there and found nothing but corpses. Was a bit of a shock. I'm not sure if Charley is still alive but it seems they wiped each other out and now no one inside or outside of the Bizarre. This includes Polly so I can't recruit him. When I told Braygo what happened he just shrugged and said "What a tragic loss of life" which seems to be everyone else's response. I just found it cool that the world doesn't wait on you for some things.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

I'm not sure if I hate or like that some quests are timed even though it seems like it isn't. Turns out the Bizarre quest is timed. I sided with Braygo instead of the Marshalls so I didn't want the mob to be wiped out and I liked the Monster Army and didn't want to help the mob murder them all. I figured I'm the protagonist, I like the status quo, and quest lines don't advance without my input so as long as I do nothing nothing will happen. Time passes and after fast traveling to the Warren's for Qurex's quest I was kind of surprised there was no one in the Warrens. Figured it was just part of the quest and didn't think anything of it. I then went above ground because might as well do some shopping while I was there and found nothing but corpses. Was a bit of a shock. I'm not sure if Charley is still alive but it seems they wiped each other out and now no one inside or outside of the Bizarre. This includes Polly so I can't recruit him. When I told Braygo what happened he just shrugged and said "What a tragic loss of life" which seems to be everyone else's response. I just found it cool that the world doesn't wait on you for some things.

Yeah, I had pretty much the same experience. Figured they would wait for me to return to the Bizarre and pick sides before any timers would start, but nope. You snooze, you lose.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I was kind of 'eh' on wasteland 2, I dont remember why i stopped playing it but i dont remember having good or bad feelings about it... is this more of the same or does it stand above 2 in some regard?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mr. Crow posted:

I was kind of 'eh' on wasteland 2, I dont remember why i stopped playing it but i dont remember having good or bad feelings about it... is this more of the same or does it stand above 2 in some regard?

It's an improvement in pretty much every way

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
How hard do I need to push combat vis a vis the utility skills? I‘ve got my party all around level 4, everyone has their main weapon to 4 and a couple points into their assigned roles. Do I need to rush one or the other side up to some useful level? Feeling spread a bit thin but I’m still in Colorado Springs and it hasn’t gotten challenging yet

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

King Bahamut posted:

How hard do I need to push combat vis a vis the utility skills? I‘ve got my party all around level 4, everyone has their main weapon to 4 and a couple points into their assigned roles. Do I need to rush one or the other side up to some useful level? Feeling spread a bit thin but I’m still in Colorado Springs and it hasn’t gotten challenging yet

There's no huge push to amp your combat skills super early, imo. There's some mega broken poo poo in the weapon perk trees but you don't really need to rush for it, it'll come with time. A good general rule of thumb for normal progression is you only really need enough weapon skill to use whatever the newest tier of weapons is available to you.

Pushing utility skills like lockpick and nerd stuff early means you can also do skill checks as they come instead of either missing out on loot or having to do a lot of supremely tedious backtracking, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Nephthys posted:

Honestly, if it wasn't that she apparently doesn't send aid to Arizona I'd be tempted to side with her since she really does seem like the only one able to succeed Saul. I guess that's the point of her character though, she'd be fine if she just had patience and was less of a tyrant.

If they do another DC edition I'd love an ending where you can show her the documents proving the Patriarch only has a few years left and could convince her to join your side and help you decimate the gangs and return with you to be Saul's true heir. Also change Angela's ending so its a bit less dumb.

As an Arizona native, gently caress Arizona. Angela is a good character because she's an excellent representative for the state, and even she doesn't give a poo poo about Arizona.

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 6, 2020