Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
we still have a navy and it has a secretary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
That time the bush family used a vegetable and her family as a political football.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/facespics/status/1221838102949433344?s=21

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the president of the united states hosted a reality show and then hired on of the contestants who then recorded him saying poo poo and then claimed he was racist as hell

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gradenko_2000 posted:

James Forrestal. Last Secretary of the Navy, first Secretary of Defense.

He and the Dulles brothers poured millions into trying to get Tom Dewey elected, and when Truman won re-election instead, he got kicked out of the cabinet, and that sent him on the manic-depressive spiral that eventually ended in his suicide.

His career went up in flames

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the hillary clinton wrestler

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Bored Online posted:

He ruled.

This also reminded me that back in 07, towards the end of the Democratic Primary, Clinton, Obama, and McCain all appeared on Raw. All I remember is Clinton saying "you can call me the Hill Dog."

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
In other funny things, some time either last year or the year before there was an editorial in a UK paper (the Spectator?) which asked the question 'why is Jeremy Corbyn so anti-semitic?' and answered with 'because communism is inherently Jewish.'

Also from back in March when the Roni was setting in and everyone was making a run on the supermarkets. Some media dunce took a picture of an empty super market shelf in London and posted it with "thank goodness Jeremy Corbyn isn't Prime Minister, otherwise this would be happening in England."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bored Online posted:

"The Progressive Liberal"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bored Online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_Nz_yPyF4&t=6s

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Pow Wow Chow

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Just remembered in the Hillary documentary when they ask her why she didn't come out to concede on election night she's pretend playing with her phone and just goes "didn't feel like it" and they don't go any further with it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Tom Steyer and the rise of the Steyguys
https://twitter.com/Behind2020/status/1208823023127683073

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hand Knit posted:

In other funny things, some time either last year or the year before there was an editorial in a UK paper (the Spectator?) which asked the question 'why is Jeremy Corbyn so anti-semitic?' and answered with 'because communism is inherently Jewish.'

But doesn't Corbyn want communism? Is this a self hating Jew joke? Have I spent more time thinking about how this is meant to work than the original author?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pirate Party

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just remembered in the Hillary documentary when they ask her why she didn't come out to concede on election night she's pretend playing with her phone and just goes "didn't feel like it" and they don't go any further with it.

Wait for real?

poo poo i might need to watch that

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

God willing. Ugliest building in north America

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Remember when all the libs wore paper clips and safety pins for like 2 weeks after teh cheeto benito was elected?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No, but I do remember someone selling fancy golden paper-clips and safety pins for that purpose

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Krazyface posted:

No, but I do remember someone selling fancy golden paper-clips and safety pins for that purpose

this reminds me of the 400 usd vote necklace

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Remember when all the libs wore paper clips and safety pins for like 2 weeks after teh cheeto benito was elected?

no, why did they do this?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

no, why did they do this?

The safety pin was to show minorities you were a safe white to talk to and would not harm them if they approached. There was a $500 a year safety pin subscription

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

pentyne posted:

The guy who designed the Pentagon threw himself out of a hotel window because he was convinced the communists were coming to kill him.

edit: Or not him. I'm not sure who, but it was in the Oliver Stone Untold History of America about the culture of the military elite in power right after WW2 and how completely insane some of them were. The guy who killed himself was a major part of the pentagon project in some way.

Early on in Legacy of Ashes they mention one of the early CIA directors killing himself over what was probably guilt over teaming up with Nazi war criminals to fight the communists.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

projecthalaxy posted:

The safety pin was to show minorities you were a safe white to talk to and would not harm them if they approached. There was a $500 a year safety pin subscription

oh my god :cripes:

2016 snake oil salesman: "This safety pin cures racism" lmao

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Tato posted:

Weather forecast for NYC on 09/11/2020 is scattered thunderstorms and 77 degrees. Stay safe everyone, don't play basketball or overheat

by far the most implausible heat-related collapse to occur on 9/11

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

oh my god :cripes:

2016 snake oil salesman: "This safety pin cures racism" lmao

The idea that one finds absolution from white supremacy in consumer choice is profoundly, achingly American

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

projecthalaxy posted:

The safety pin was to show minorities you were a safe white to talk to and would not harm them if they approached

Thinking more about this, I guess they felt they needed to ensure the line of communication with the help wasn't disrupted so at Starbucks or wherever they weren't afraid to ask whether they still want whip or not because they asked for it with skim milk

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I think it was more about drawing distinction between themselves and "the bad" whites. If trump hadn't won you could believe that white america wasn't really made up of selfishness and cruelty, and trumps win made it pretty apparent that trump really did represent white people so white people who didn't want their brand associated with his brand wanted a quick simple way to visually distinguish themselves.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
More white women voted for Trump than Hillary iirc

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ah yeah I remember that. A woman I went to university with started one of those monthly services themed around the Safety Pin thing to teach white people how to be good allies. I don't remember how the whole thing ended but IIRC she and her partner had a falling out and one or both of them turned out to be a Grade-A grifter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeCrotch posted:

More white women voted for Trump than Hillary iirc

It's within the margin of error. White men went for Trump +29 (+/- MOE)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Some kid took apart a basic digital clock, put it's insides into a briefcase, and then for the next month the entire nation argued about whether he was a terrorist or a genius engineer.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
he built it from a kit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't a terribly impressive accomplishment, but why should it have been? it was a kid doing kid stuff. unfortunately he did it in the us, the hysterical racist pissbaby nation.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it wasn't a terribly impressive accomplishment, but why should it have been? it was a kid doing kid stuff. unfortunately he did it in the us, the hysterical racist pissbaby nation.

Yeah, it's dumb that things are so polarized he can only be either Bin Laden 2.0 or Einstein and not just an ordinary kid doing something kinda cool

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Genius Kid Inventor Builds Something That Will Make You CRY

vs.

BOZO demon child threatens to BLOW UP the WHOLE country, stopped by HEROES

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wow did they have any fingers left after manhandling that bomb??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

shame its not the pic used on the news where they blurred out the middle finger leds