Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm super glad one of the pictures is just a closeup of the titty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Spanish Manlove posted:

No no it's showing off the fret finishing! Amazing!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I hope that guitar doesn't lose a horn in a motorcycle accident

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://reverb.com/item/25334405-roland-sh-101-black-gold-custom-by-ghostinmpc

If this idea wasn't brought to us by cocaine then I don't know what's up

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

EBB posted:

https://reverb.com/item/25334405-roland-sh-101-black-gold-custom-by-ghostinmpc

If this idea wasn't brought to us by cocaine then I don't know what's up

At first it made me think of a post I once saw about some guy who bought some gear that Skinny Puppy had used in the 80s. Apparently it still had a patina of cannabis resin.

But no, that's gold.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/d/aurora-army-acoustic-guitar/7180713835.html

Q army Acoustic guitar - $250 (Aurora)

I mean... it's got it all. JFC

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fair Hallion posted:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/d/aurora-army-acoustic-guitar/7180713835.html

Q army Acoustic guitar - $250 (Aurora)

I mean... it's got it all. JFC

Now, I'm not usually inclined to pick up dogwhistles besides the obvious, but this seems like an odd inclusion at the end of an otherwise linguistically normal listing:

Does anyone else see someone trying to be clever with acronyms? Like... why add that since all those words are already in the text?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

rickiep00h posted:

Now, I'm not usually inclined to pick up dogwhistles besides the obvious, but this seems like an odd inclusion at the end of an otherwise linguistically normal listing:

Does anyone else see someone trying to be clever with acronyms? Like... why add that since all those words are already in the text?

I thought that sounded crazy but

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spanish Manlove posted:

To be fair, that's some drat fine titty.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Abuse comes in many forms -- 5/5

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
You could've put a red circle around the whole thing because all the text boils down to "it sucks but it's got the right name on it".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stupid Music poo poo II: Got stoned with Hendrix more than once

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
People are really bad with buyer's remorse. Just admit that you didn't like it/it sucks. It'd be better for you on the long run.

Exhibit A:

Even after putting locking tuners and a mastery bridge, I still feel absolutely bored while playing it, despite my love of Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr. and Johnny Marr. It does gently caress all for me.

It's the first guitar I actively regret buying, and I've bought two guitars with floating bridges.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Wark Say posted:

People are really bad with buyer's remorse. Just admit that you didn't like it/it sucks. It'd be better for you on the long run.

Even after putting locking tuners and a mastery bridge, I still feel absolutely bored while playing it, despite my love of Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr. and Johnny Marr. It does gently caress all for me.

It's the first guitar I actively regret buying, and I've bought two guitars with floating bridges.

I've been there. I recently bought and returned an EVH Wolfgang Special.

At first I always thought these guitars looked weird but they grew on me over time. They also play excellently. The neck shape in particular is fantastic. And I came to realize the body is quite a functional shape also. It feels good and once you really look at it you'll see that it's basically just a heavy metal Telecaster with some Strat and Les Paul thrown in there too. It's a brilliant looking guitar in my opinion. And the finish is basically perfect.

So I ordered this one because I've always wanted one but haven't liked basically any of the finishes they've come in until Ice Blue Metallic. Well hello there.

Fast forward, I get this guitar and it plays extremely well, action is perfect, the trem is decked so it always returns to perfect tune after every single stupid aggressive dive bomb. So why did I return it? Well, the resonance of the body and how the guitar acoustically sounded was all wrong. The guitar felt cheap and light and it had this really acoustically loud, plasticy low-mid centered "knocking" kind of resonance. I tried a few tricks like upgrading to a big brass trem block under the floyd but that didn't really do anything. So there's really nothing that could be done about it. It just didn't sound good in the room. It did sound good through my amps, the pickups are great, but the way it sounded in the room unplugged was all wrong and every time I played it, that's what I locked into. I know that seems like a dumb thing but there was just something about it that was distracting and obvious every time I hit a note.

So I returned it. This was a few months ago and I haven't regretted that decision at all. I'm still disappointed with how the guitar sounded, but I don't regret returning it because I ultimately didn't bond with it and wouldn't have.

Don't be afraid to return stuff that doesn't work for you.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 3, 2020

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

From Facebook with strings:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

you can see the scalloping from space

what the gently caress even gets played on that. I'm not even kidding. What nonsense noise does it make

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BonHair posted:

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Is that what Pat Metheny looks like without his glorious mullet?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

hexwren posted:

you can see the scalloping from space

what the gently caress even gets played on that. I'm not even kidding. What nonsense noise does it make

This guy has a photo album filled with ticket stubs from every single one of Sting’s post-Police concerts.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I looked at that picture a half dozen separate times and JUST noticed the fourth set of strings running vertically.

E: ah poo poo there's two more on the back

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

the instrument sounds like a single person tuning it, forever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
enough droning strings to start a one man shoegaze band

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"oh yeah it's great I got all these tones right here, I never have to stop to switch guitars!"

*spends three hours tuning*

I can't imagine how much tension is pulling at that top. It's probably ready to explode and kill someone. (Though probably, fittingly, not that guy.)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BonHair posted:

How many loving strings are there?! What the gently caress?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Wark Say posted:

How many loving strings are there?! What the gently caress?

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Shugojin posted:

the instrument sounds like a single person tuning it, forever

reminds me of why I stopped trying to play the sitar

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

He seems to have deleted the post, there was one closeup that I didn't think to download :( the bottom neck had single strings, except for the high e (or whatever) which I think was quadruple. And yes, very scalloped...

I think he described his music as "cosmic" or similar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Shame he took it down. :(

That's goofy but in a way I can appreciate. Whatever allows you to play the music in yer head.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

I'll admit, I kinda like it, but good luck playing that Tele neck without hitting the tuners on the LP side.

Yours for only $750 shipped on Reverb

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

It ALMOST looks like a wider Jaguar.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

Exhibit A:

I mean if you don’t want it anymore... I’m totally into that guitar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

I mean if you don’t want it anymore... I’m totally into that guitar.
I'm not shipping internationally, sorry. :(

(I live in Mexico, btw)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Cruel, but fair.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I give it a B+. The pickup selector, knobs, little plastic end bit on the vibrato bar, and inlays aren't also pearloid.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What sends it right down the hellmouth of stupid is it is a John Page creation. He's the guy Fender hired in the 80s to start their custom shop.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I actually don't mind it? It's certainly no worse than some of the Kramer/EVH-"inspired" finishes and some particularly "figured" maple tops.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It would be cool it it was only the body, the pickguard looks bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Snowy posted:

It would be cool it it was only the body, the pickguard looks bad.

I think it's mostly that they're not quite the same color of pearloid so it doesn't work.