Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

23 Skidoo posted:

Pulled the trigger on the EM-1 Mark III and did some thinking about needing pro glass.

Decided I'd just continue with my kit lens, 30 and 60mm Oly macros, 4-5.6 telephoto zoom and 12mm Samyang and focus on getting a 7.5mm Samyang F3.5, camera bag and flash for macro/general use.

For flashes, I'm considering the Oly FL-700WR, the Godox V350O or a cheap add-on the Oly FL-LM3 for a tiny flash that for some reason doesn't come with the Mark III.

For bags, I'm looking online at the new Peak Design Messenger bag, can't find many reviews, but it seems like with its lifetime warranty I'd be covered. The features such as quick release strap adjuster and weather proofing really appeal, plus I like the amount of space and looks of it in black. Also like the Tenba DNA 15, which is larger, prettier and cheaper.

Any highly recommended messenger/shoulder bags?

I bought a burgundy ONA Prince Street on sale for my X-H1. It's lovely. Also it's on sale at B&H I see. It is well padded and comfortably fits the camera and 16-55mm lens, a pair of binoculars, assorted batteries, chargers, etc., with probably room for another lens. I can take some pictures of it filled up tonight if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had an old peak design 10L and sold it, it felt kind of overdesigned. I use a Chrome Niko 2.0 as my small bag and the Tenba DNA 15 SE as a big one. I like the Tenba a lot but it is big and looks like a briefcase. I wanted something waterproof that could also hold my work laptop.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sony updated their iOS app on the last month or so and god help me if it hasn’t worked on the first try every time since. Granted that’s like twice but it’s freaking me out.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ihmemies posted:

I have S1 with grip. It is the best digital camera I have used. EVF is fine, I use the camera with only adapted mf lenses.

Only thing bugging me is that the "focus" zone is always visible - you have a white box in the evf on top of the image and it can not be hidden or disabled. I like my finders clean.. but it is what it is.

The camera has actually more customizable buttons than I have the need for. You can customize I think every button with whatever you want.

I don't think the rear screen is bright. It is "ok" but I would not describe it as "bright". Evf is cool in cloudy weather and bright enough in sunny too. I think 60hz mode is brighter than 120hz.
Yeah I know what you mean about that focus zone. Same thing on my GH5. Annoying to have floating around when I'm using it as a webcam. But I am glad to hear that your S1 is working for you. Does the S1 feel like it's sturdy and can take a bit of bumping around? Are the buttons squishy or solid-feeling? Build quality is also a big deal especially after what I went through when I used to own Sonys. They're just so... light and dainty. And their internals (for both bodies and lenses) just aren't as protected and tough as the Canons I've used.

23 Skidoo posted:

Peak Design Messenger bag, can't find many reviews, but it seems like with its lifetime warranty I'd be covered. The features such as quick release strap adjuster and weather proofing really appeal, plus I like the amount of space and looks of it in black. Also like the Tenba DNA 15, which is larger, prettier and cheaper.

Any highly recommended messenger/shoulder bags?

I'm going to suggest something odd, here. I like Peak Design's bags' functionality but there's something about their bags' appearance that says "STEAL ME I CONTAIN EXPENSIVE poo poo". I've had a number of close calls myself and lots of friends who've had their bags stolen and camera bags all seem to have the same "look" that attracts thieves. I'd opt for something that looks like a less showy design, if that makes any sense.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 25, 2020

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

melon cat posted:

I'm going to suggest something odd, here. I like Peak Design's bags' functionality but there's something about their bags' appearance that says "STEAL ME I CONTAIN EXPENSIVE poo poo". I've had a number of close calls myself and lots of friends who've had their bags stolen and camera bags all seem to have the same "look" that attracts thieves. I'd opt for something that looks like a less showy design, if that makes any sense.

Tenba is superior, not only in functionality, but also in non-stealing-ness. They look like bags, not architectural drawings.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I scored a tenba backpack from goodwill a while back. It’s nice.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

melon cat posted:

Yeah I know what you mean about that focus zone. Same thing on my GH5. Annoying to have floating around when I'm using it as a webcam. But I am glad to hear that your S1 is working for you. Does the S1 feel like it's sturdy and can take a bit of bumping around? Are the buttons squishy or solid-feeling? Build quality is also a big deal especially after what I went through when I used to own Sonys. They're just so... light and dainty. And their internals (for both bodies and lenses) just aren't as protected and tough as the Canons I've used.

I've only rented the S1 and S1H so take it with a grain of salt, but I did think the buttons were not that solid feeling and generally thought Nikon/Canon feel better and area laid out nicer. The ISO, WB, and Exp Comp buttons behind the shutter I particularly did not like. The layout feels weird under finger and I often found myself accidentally bumping ISO or Exp comp further than I thought because the buttons actuate earlier in the press than I was expecting.

All that said they did feel more solid than the Sony's I've used and I liked them in general.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does anyone else's Fuji 35mm f/2 have trouble focusing on low light? On continuous mode mine just kept hunting for focus. It seems to be a known issue for some lenses but not everyone seems to have that problem. I have the 23mm f/2, which seems to be similar (not sure if that's a good enough factor), but hasn't let me down on anything yet.

I'm on an X-T1 so maybe firmware is an issue?

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 26, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

n'thing Tenba bags. They're very good.

E: and yeah peak design bags look plenty nice but they absolutely scream "steal me"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So is all camera to PC software a nightmare? I’m used to it from VR, but that has the benefit of having scores a needs to throw at the problem to find that right combination of goat sacrifice and regedit to force things to play nice. The DSLR webcam software Sony put out sounds interesting but it seems I’d be better off getting an elgato or whatever and using that instead.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

Does anyone else's Fuji 35mm f/2 have trouble focusing on low light? On continuous mode mine just kept hunting for focus. It seems to be a known issue for some lenses but not everyone seems to have that problem. I have the 23mm f/2, which seems to be similar (not sure if that's a good enough factor), but hasn't let me down on anything yet.

Yes. Same experience with 35/2 on an X-T2. For comparison even with the hunting it was better in low light than my D600, but still lots of missed faces and such in S-AF and C-AF too slow to keep up with e.g. people dancing in low light.

Haven’t put it to the hardest test yet but the 35/2 with an X-T30 seems to do better in low light.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I just got my X-T3 working with Zoom but now I’m concerned: will using an X-T3 as a webcam meaningfully shorten the lifespan of the camera in any way?

edit: I realize it’s kind of a dumb question. They’re made to record video. I’m just trying to understand how that impacts the sensor vs normal photo operations.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 26, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Yes. Same experience with 35/2 on an X-T2. For comparison even with the hunting it was better in low light than my D600, but still lots of missed faces and such in S-AF and C-AF too slow to keep up with e.g. people dancing in low light.

Haven’t put it to the hardest test yet but the 35/2 with an X-T30 seems to do better in low light.

I see, I'm looking over the horizon to upgrade to the X-T4... but I wonder if there are any great primes in that focal length that do well in low light. Not sure if I'd want the 35mm f/1.4 but that's more because it lacks weather-sealing...

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

powderific posted:

I've only rented the S1 and S1H so take it with a grain of salt, but I did think the buttons were not that solid feeling and generally thought Nikon/Canon feel better and area laid out nicer. The ISO, WB, and Exp Comp buttons behind the shutter I particularly did not like. The layout feels weird under finger and I often found myself accidentally bumping ISO or Exp comp further than I thought because the buttons actuate earlier in the press than I was expecting.

All that said they did feel more solid than the Sony's I've used and I liked them in general.
That's kind of what I was afraid of hearing. But I guess Canon is just the industry front runner for build quality. :shrug:

Also- I have a Olympus'ed Godox Xpro trigger and AD200Pro strobe. Will these devices still work with a Panasonic S1?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Dangerllama posted:

I just got my X-T3 working with Zoom but now I’m concerned: will using an X-T3 as a webcam meaningfully shorten the lifespan of the camera in any way?

edit: I realize it’s kind of a dumb question. They’re made to record video. I’m just trying to understand how that impacts the sensor vs normal photo operations.

I considered the xt3 for webcam use, but since I’d need to use it for hour+ sessions I worried about the camera lifespan as well. I don’t think it’s running at 100% effort 4k30 in webcam mode, but given that most video clips are capped at 20 minutes I’d mainly be worried about the sensor overheating. I’m sure it’s fine for the occasional 10-20 minute call, but multiple multi-hour zoom meetings day after day would probably affect the camera over time.

But why risk it when 1080p webcams are $50 or less on Amazon.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I also find the S1's buttons to be mushy, quite vague and not tactile at all. Maybe the weather resistance gaskets or something causes that? I like S1's body otherwise, the main reason was I wanted a bigger and heavier camera which fits better to my hand. It is the same size as Pro SLR cameras have been since Nikon F4/F5.

I think the S1 was clearly the best mirrorless for me, compared to Sony, Canon and Nikon. Leica was out of my budget.

I use the thumb wheel for EV comp. Auto iso, auto wb, so I don't need the adjustment buttons really.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dangerllama posted:

As long as it isn't overheating I can't imagine there would be a problem. I could maybe see it wearing on the batteries but not the camera itself.

Also since Olympus was cancelling their rewards/points program that I didn't even realize I had, I redeemed what i had towards their macro flash and this should be a whole lot of fun.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I think the Fuji webcam utility is just streaming the video output from the sensor directly to the computer without doing much onboard processing or writing to internal media so not much heat is generated.

It’s like how you can use an external recorder to completely bypass the time limits on a lot of cameras that normally overheat from doing continuous internal video recording. My X-T30 is limited to 10 minutes of 4K at a time and overheats after about half an hour of immediately restarting recording after the cutoff; the new Canon R5/6 cams also poo poo the bed after about half an hour - switching to an external recorder eliminates these problems. It isn’t going to thermally stress your camera any more than just having it on and running the evf or rear screen for a few hours of event shooting.

Not that I cared enough to set it up besides the first time I tried it out, but the feed from my X-T2 made me look way better in the zoom than my laptop’s built-in webcam.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Schneider Heim posted:

Keep in mind that in AF-C the camera is using the current lens aperture to focus, as opposed to using the widest aperture in AF-S.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

First look at the full frame Lumix S5.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Given the discussion of A-mount recently, Sony just announced the new LA-EA5 adapter. The main thing about the LA-EA5 is that it allows 1. for full, unrestricted Hi+ performance (no 3 frames per second limitation) with all AF modes and features up to 11 FPS but 2. support for screw drive autofocus lenses WITHOUT an SLT mirror like the LA-EA4. Currently screw drive lenses are only supported on A7R4 with its latest firmware and the a6600 with an unreleased 1.1 firmware update. The A7sIII and likely other cameras will hopefully get support with further firmware updates.

Oh, also, no AF in video.

This is the adapter I would need to switch over to E-mount with no reservations. All of my lenses will work just as they do on my a99ii with full performance on the a7Riv. Expect A-mount glass prices to go up in the wake of this.

It will also likely help third party adaptor vendors with their reverse engineering efforts for, say, a motorized E to F mount adapter for instance. If someone ever decides to do it.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/5851213370/sony-releases-new-a-mount-to-e-mount-lens-adapter-with-built-in-screw-drive-support

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

XBenedict posted:

First look at the full frame Lumix S5.

It’s got IBIS and it’s smaller than a GH5. $2K body only. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Video specs are current and the brand has a good reputation for video, but what I really like is the multi-shot high res. From what I’ve seen, the G9 deals with motion very well and captures a lot of extra detail, so I’d expect the S5 to have similar performance, but even better because of the extra size and resolution of the sensor.

Can’t watch the video right now though, so maybe it sucks!

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Looks like Fuji finally released the 50mm f.10! https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419563/fujifilm-50mm-f1-lens-announced-price-release-date

It's actually a little cheaper than I was expecting, $1,499.

Also, I was going to link to Fuji Rumors, then realized I hate prettymuch everything about that site. Is there another Fuji rumors site that doesn't come across so desperate for affiliate links and ads? Obviously it's nice to make money from stuff, but man, it's gotten bad...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

frogbs posted:

Looks like Fuji finally released the 50mm f.10! https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419563/fujifilm-50mm-f1-lens-announced-price-release-date

It's actually a little cheaper than I was expecting, $1,499.

Also, I was going to link to Fuji Rumors, then realized I hate prettymuch everything about that site. Is there another Fuji rumors site that doesn't come across so desperate for affiliate links and ads? Obviously it's nice to make money from stuff, but man, it's gotten bad...

I just read the rumors category alone [well, an RSS feed of it] which takes the edge off but he still milked this one lens for 10 posts in the last week.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

The 50/1 seems like it could be a really good event photographer’s lens. It’s f/1 for exposure considerations but like f/1.5 for DoF, has a slightly wider angle of view than most portrait primes so which gives it some extra flexibility, and it’s apparently pretty sharp wide open (maybe better than the 56 at f/1.2) with pleasant defocus rendering. But the question really hinges on AF. It’s an open question how well the system will do at driving all that glass back and forth fast enough and nailing focus at f/1. I remember taking pictures at a friend’s wedding alongside another Fuji shooter. He had an X-T3 with a 56/1.2 and once the after dark dancing started he missed a lot of good shots due to focus inaccuracy. I didn’t do much better with an X-T2 and 35/2, and that’s a much lighter and probably faster-focusing lens than the upcoming 50/1.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Isn't the focus plane at those apertures only a few millimeters deep? I don't like that "eyes in focus but not the nose or ears" look.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

qirex posted:

Isn't the focus plane at those apertures only a few millimeters deep? I don't like that "eyes in focus but not the nose or ears" look.

It’s got to be super narrow, especially close up. One pet peeve is when reviewers post sample photos but don’t include what f-stop they’re shot at!

Edit: Jonas Rask has some good examples at f1 https://jonasraskphotography.com/2020/09/03/fujinon-xf-50mm-f-1-first-look-preview-fast-and-furious/

frogbs fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 5, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

kefkafloyd posted:

Given the discussion of A-mount recently, Sony just announced the new LA-EA5 adapter. The main thing about the LA-EA5 is that it allows 1. for full, unrestricted Hi+ performance (no 3 frames per second limitation) with all AF modes and features up to 11 FPS but 2. support for screw drive autofocus lenses WITHOUT an SLT mirror like the LA-EA4. Currently screw drive lenses are only supported on A7R4 with its latest firmware and the a6600 with an unreleased 1.1 firmware update. The A7sIII and likely other cameras will hopefully get support with further firmware updates.

Oh, also, no AF in video.

This is the adapter I would need to switch over to E-mount with no reservations. All of my lenses will work just as they do on my a99ii with full performance on the a7Riv. Expect A-mount glass prices to go up in the wake of this.

It will also likely help third party adaptor vendors with their reverse engineering efforts for, say, a motorized E to F mount adapter for instance. If someone ever decides to do it.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/5851213370/sony-releases-new-a-mount-to-e-mount-lens-adapter-with-built-in-screw-drive-support

I’m somewhat annoyed that they seem incapable in press release or website to actually say if minolta/sigma/Tamron are actually fully supported, that’s the kind of simple basic information A mount shooters actually *need*.

Like awesome, great, those are the full frame lenses we all have and the reason most people went with Sony A - because they super cheap on A mount, like often £100 cheaper than in Nikon mount for the same lens.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm getting into photography partly as a hobby and partly for work. Right now i'm just doing locations assistant work in film/tv production, but i'd love to eventually scout and work my way up the ladder, so to speak. I've even scouted a couple locations we ended up using, which felt awesome. I wanted to start getting used to using a camera and getting good shots so when an opportunity presents itself, i'm comfortable enough to go for it.

So I bought a X-T200 after reading this thread for a bit. It seemed like a good beginner camera. I've had it for a couple weeks and now i'm wanting to start acquiring some lenses that I can use for different shots. I'm trying to do as much research as I can and learning from what's available, but I also figured i'd ask here to see if anyone has any lenses they'd recommend for a beginner. Some lenses everyone should have in their bag, basically. I'd hate to rush in buy a lens that I just never use. I'll be taking a lot of landscape photos, but i'll also want something that lets me shoot from a distance. I'd eventually like to be able to record with it too, especially when i'm trying to show off the scale of an inside location. Or poo poo, honestly to low key record something really cool we are filming that day. We aren't technically suppose to record that stuff, but if I can discretely record us flipping a car off a bridge, I want to, you know?

Which reminds me, I should probably also invest in some kind of microphone for it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I dunno much about fuji lenses (or video for that matter) but the classic advice is to get a cheap zoom lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths, then after shooting for a while you look at what focal lengths you use most often and then buy primes for them.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I can't help with Fuji lens recommendations but..

ShowTime posted:

Or poo poo, honestly to low key record something really cool we are filming that day. We aren't technically suppose to record that stuff, but if I can discretely record us flipping a car off a bridge, I want to, you know?

Don't lose your job for some Instagram likes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just to second the above point and don't even joke about doing it within earshot of someone who might care. You will silently lose future opportunities. Stay safe camera goon.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah don't be That Guy. Losing your job because you wanted some clicks would be profoundly stupid, doubly so at a time when finding work is incredibly difficult to do.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

I dunno much about fuji lenses (or video for that matter) but the classic advice is to get a cheap zoom lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths, then after shooting for a while you look at what focal lengths you use most often and then buy primes for them.

That's what I was aiming for. I figured i'd get something with a bit of a broad use and then as I figured out what I need or want to have, to start getting more and more specialized. Was hoping there would be a couple lenses that people recommend as must haves, because you'll use them so much, but i'll keep looking around.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Personally I have been a hobbyist for almost ten years and I've never had a zoom lens. They're just too big for me, it would make me want to leave the camera at home.

I would recommend getting the 35mm or 23mm prime and taking your camera everywhere you go. The 28mm pancake is my favorite Fuji lens but some people really don't like it.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Holy poo poo do not do this in secret and risk getting fired over it, talk to your supervisor or anyone with authority to clear it first. Worst case they just say no, but generally there's some time gating/NDA avoiding bit where you can take stuff now as long as you're not posting it right away.

The 35mm prime is excellent and the standard zoom that comes with that fuji is just fine IQ wise, especially if you're just taking video.

e: also if you're on a production big enough that you're flipping cars and poo poo just talk to the set photog? they should be able to help you out somehow unless they're just an rear end in a top hat

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

ShowTime posted:

Or poo poo, honestly to low key record something really cool we are filming that day. We aren't technically suppose to record that stuff, but if I can discretely record us flipping a car off a bridge, I want to, you know?

this is a very bad idea

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
When I say discretely, I mean in a way that doesn't gently caress up the shot. You are allowed to take photos and videos on set, just not of everything and if you gently caress up a shot, you'll get fired. You are asked not to film or take pictures because people gently caress up shots, which causes delays, which cost money, etc. If you go to take a picture of something while we are recording and the flash goes off or your shutter sound is picked up, you are definitely getting fired. Taking a photo of a dead Tony Stark and putting it on Insta 6 months before Endgame comes out will definitely get you fired. Taking a panoramic of that indoor swamp you built on stage because you want to look at it 10 years later and recall the cool poo poo you were a part of is encouraged. Taking a 5 second recording of that chase scene as it flies by you because you want to show some of your crew that was at another location is cool. Obviously, you just ask if you aren't sure.

It's cool guys. I'm new to photography, not working. I appreciate the warnings though. You are just looking out and that's very nice of you.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

ShowTime posted:

That's what I was aiming for. I figured i'd get something with a bit of a broad use and then as I figured out what I need or want to have, to start getting more and more specialized. Was hoping there would be a couple lenses that people recommend as must haves, because you'll use them so much, but i'll keep looking around.

I think your two best bets are either the Fuji 23mm f2, or the ‘kit’ lens, which is the XF 18-55 f2.8-4. They’re both around $350 used, and I honestly don’t think you’d go wrong with either one.

I’ve found 23mm to be a pretty ideal in-between focal length for everyday stuff, and at f2 it won’t be bad in low light. Here it is used at MPB: https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-fuji-x-series-lenses/fuji-xf-23mm-f-2-r-wr/

The XF 18-55 can go wide for landscapes, or to a more portrait appropriate focal length. It also has image stabilization so in low light it won’t be too worse off than the 23mm f2. Here it is used at MPB: https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-fuji-x-series-lenses/fuji-xf-18-55mm-f-2-8-4-r-lm-ois/

Edit: Also, meant to ask, did the XT200 come with a lens, or do you just have the body right now?

frogbs fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

frogbs posted:

I think your two best bets are either the Fuji 23mm f2, or the ‘kit’ lens, which is the XF 18-55 f2.8-4. They’re both around $350 used, and I honestly don’t think you’d go wrong with either one.

I’ve found 23mm to be a pretty ideal in-between focal length for everyday stuff, and at f2 it won’t be bad in low light. Here it is used at MPB: https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-fuji-x-series-lenses/fuji-xf-23mm-f-2-r-wr/

The XF 18-55 can go wide for landscapes, or to a more portrait appropriate focal length. It also has image stabilization so in low light it won’t be too worse off than the 23mm f2. Here it is used at MPB: https://www.mpb.com/en-us/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-fuji-x-series-lenses/fuji-xf-18-55mm-f-2-8-4-r-lm-ois/

Edit: Also, meant to ask, did the XT200 come with a lens, or do you just have the body right now?

It came with the Fujinon XC 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Lens

And thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking at used lenses and trying to find a good deal. None local, but I plan on just keeping an eye on Ebay and SAMart and maybe grabbing some from there.