Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OP not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/1302660932624154626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Jollity Farm posted:

You just need to get a nice bracelet to balance it out :)

But how do I keep the bracelet from getting stew on it when I'm eating?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

relax-o-vision posted:

But how do I keep the bracelet from getting stew on it when I'm eating?
By using a spoon, cochino

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

It's obvious, but the original post this is in response to is infuriating.

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1302221350854176770?s=19

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

More American males now use spoons than shove their heads directly into a pot of stew.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Woozie66 posted:

It's obvious, but the original post this is in response to is infuriating.

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1302221350854176770?s=19

did u find R. Guyovich/Homework Explainer's twitter account???

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

vdarknight posted:

Amusingly, I'm from Wood End, Coventry. Search it and look at some of the images. We would riot very regularly - every summer would be hilarious - but it was rarely reported. I think it was assumed that was how we behaved and to an extent, it was. But often not from a sense of social injustice. We knew that we were loathed and took an odd pride in that. But when an estate of ne'er-do-wells get bored and hot - well, poo poo happens. I have seen some amazing sights. A double-decker with the top floor completely ablaze just driving down my street. A good number of cop vehicles abandoned and trashed - the cops ran and we showed our appreciation to their assets. You could get police tit helmets traded very easily for a while after that.
But then crack happened. People died. Turns out it's quite easy to quell dissent. Just give them drugs and the issue resolves itself.

Course I'm no longer in Wood End - some of my current acquaintances even think I'm moderately respectable. But I'm not..

You're english. You don't understand the americans because you are english. Thank you.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

A SPOON? Do I LOOK like a sissy to you?

*Plunges hands into stewpot, pulls handful of meat to face and begins gnawing, like a MAN*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/molliekatzen/status/1302373335553077248?s=21

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

A SPOON? Do I LOOK like a sissy to you?
you can and I'l only charge you $50 for Mxtress Fatty's Stew and Fondue Force Femme Special

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Bismuth posted:

More american men now *spins giant wheel* WASH THEIR rear end than *spins again* SMOKE CIGARETTES

and that's TERRIBLE

https://twitter.com/dril/status/628733067461419009

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Didnt mean to step on dril's toes :ohdear:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sunswipe posted:

Get a MAN bracelet to balance it out.

Okay, question.

Am I losing my goddamn mind or is this a multitool that you need an entirely separate tool to take apart and use?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Okay, question.

Am I losing my goddamn mind or is this a multitool that you need an entirely separate tool to take apart and use?

Nah the tools stick out from the edges of the links

killa-pope
May 21, 2008
It looks as though it would fold in half (or close enough to) at any given link so you could access the tool.

Still looks incredibly unwieldy and dumb.

E:f,b.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

People who call mozzarella "mootz"

What's wrong with that?

It's one of the interesting facets of American Italian cultures is that the places they are from and languages they speak are basically all extinct now except in America. A friend of mine grew up in an Italian speaking family, living in an Italian enclave. When he went to the part of Italy his family is from, he could basically only speak to 80+ year olds because mass media, conscription, fascism and capitalism had made his language extinct. There are a lot of real and cool cultures there. A massive amount of cross-breeding with the Polish coreligionists. Since Polish and Italian cultures are pretty different, the Italian cultures assimilated the Polish. That's also part of why the Italian part is so brash, it had to be to survive.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Bismuth posted:

Didnt mean to step on dril's toes :ohdear:

Not at all, friend, great minds.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Incelshok Na posted:

What's wrong with that?

It's one of the interesting facets of American Italian cultures is that the places they are from and languages they speak are basically all extinct now except in America. A friend of mine grew up in an Italian speaking family, living in an Italian enclave. When he went to the part of Italy his family is from, he could basically only speak to 80+ year olds because mass media, conscription, fascism and capitalism had made his language extinct. There are a lot of real and cool cultures there. A massive amount of cross-breeding with the Polish coreligionists. Since Polish and Italian cultures are pretty different, the Italian cultures assimilated the Polish. That's also part of why the Italian part is so brash, it had to be to survive.

Sir, this is an Olive Garden drive through

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean it’s actually fascinating how naive and reductive a question like “what language do they speak in Italy / France / Spain” is

But that doesn’t mean I can’t oversimplify something in bad faith for a laugh

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
That's fair. It's just frustrating to see things like Starbucks coming along and now all the johnny-come-latelies drinking capuccinos look down on people who have been drinking espresso and pronouncing it ex-presso for generations. Arthur Avenue was taken over by the Albanians and now the Mexicans so there are almost no clear Italian enclaves left. It's just another homogenized white culture in America.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bobby Digital posted:

I kinda want one, even though it's clearly completely useless.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bobby Digital posted:

Well, that's slightly less stupid then.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I think they're actually fairly well regarded (but probably by weird folk), they always looked super drat uncomfy to me. And pointless.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Incelshok Na posted:

What's wrong with that?

I read "mootz" in the way you hear a frat-boy refer to pizza as "za" and completely understood where Data was coming from.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

if i absolutely had to wear a bracelet, for some reason, that leatherman is a hell of a lot better than carrying a pocketknife

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the Leatherman tools themselves are fuckin sweet

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I read "mootz" in the way you hear a frat-boy refer to pizza as "za" and completely understood where Data was coming from.

I think you mean sa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkP2F7kWn7A

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Incelshok Na posted:

That's fair. It's just frustrating to see things like Starbucks coming along and now all the johnny-come-latelies drinking capuccinos look down on people who have been drinking espresso and pronouncing it ex-presso for generations. Arthur Avenue was taken over by the Albanians and now the Mexicans so there are almost no clear Italian enclaves left. It's just another homogenized white culture in America.

How about people who think “venti” is Italian for “large” :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Sun counts as social media, rigt?

https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1302551562003320835?s=20

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

that loving bracelet is going to snag on everything

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always hated those link bracelets, I never buy upmarket watches because they all do the metal links, and they just keep catching my skin or armhairs through the links. Give me a leather strap any day.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Incelshok Na posted:

What's wrong with that?

A lot of people also forget that "Italy" didn't really exist as a single political entity until about the same time as the American civil war. Like, when my great-grandparents came here from Italy it had only existed for like 30 years. Until then it was just a bunch of city states and if you moved between them half the time you'd just make up a new name or pick a local variant on your name. Maybe you were DiBella, now you moved to Tuscany and you're Bellavista, move down to Napoli and you're Bellano.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Incelshok Na posted:

What's wrong with that?

Which bit of Italy? I'd love to know more about this.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Link bracelets and snake chains always tear out my hair like its their job

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BioEnchanted posted:

I always hated those link bracelets, I never buy upmarket watches because they all do the metal links, and they just keep catching my skin or armhairs through the links. Give me a leather strap any day.

OK :whip: :pervert:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I watched this whole thing and I think we might be posting enemies now.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Incelshok Na posted:

What's wrong with that?

I read up on Italian immigration to the States when I was trying to figure out what the gently caress "Gabagool" was, turns out it's really interesting, and most of the big Italian enclaves in NYC are pretty much exclusively from the Southern Italian working class. What American's think of as Italian cuisine is mostly adapted versions of poor people food etc. The richer Northern Italians who immigrated are a lot more rare and just integrated into American culture. Working class Italian's genealogy is also heavily mixed with other European and North African ethnicities, from Southern Italy being a major trading cross roads for centuries.

It's an interesting subject to read up on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

that loving bracelet is going to snag on everything

Not if your environment is appropriately androformed and all loose fabrics and soft furnishings have been removed and replaced with more alternatives also made out of tools.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Sep 6, 2020

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You're english. You don't understand the americans because you are english. Thank you.

So I may not understand the americans, but, man can I derail a thread into mental (as in british loony, not actual brain stuff) discussions about ethnic origins. If I was upper-class then I'd claim some kinda evil puppeteering, but no - just lower class incompetence. Mwahahah, with a really phlemgy cough followed by pathetic death.
So is there scope for a thread on discussions of class? Not d&d - I haven't the intellect, but I seem to think that Americans think they are classless, but from my twisted UK vision, you are so class-ridden, but believe the propaganda and think you're equal which frankly is hilarious. Ours is blatant but ignored and yet, some of you think that the USA doesn't have a class system? You so do - how do you claim otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

vdarknight posted:

So I may not understand the americans, but, man can I derail a thread into mental (as in british loony, not actual brain stuff) discussions about ethnic origins. If I was upper-class then I'd claim some kinda evil puppeteering, but no - just lower class incompetence. Mwahahah, with a really phlemgy cough followed by pathetic death.
So is there scope for a thread on discussions of class? Not d&d - I haven't the intellect, but I seem to think that Americans think they are classless, but from my twisted UK vision, you are so class-ridden, but believe the propaganda and think you're equal which frankly is hilarious. Ours is blatant but ignored and yet, some of you think that the USA doesn't have a class system? You so do - how do you claim otherwise?

Most (white) people in America think they're a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Also racism has been used for most of the countries history as a way to get the lower classes to never think of themselves as lower class because at least they weren't Black.