Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vyst posted:

Did they ever put back the jukebox? Eve OST slaps

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

vyst posted:

Did they ever put back the jukebox? Eve OST slaps

Would appreciate if you don’t try to talk like a high schooler tia.

Also no and you can however turn off situational music for the Og music but no jukebox to choose songs.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

dialhforhero posted:

Also no and you can however turn off situational music for the Og music but no jukebox to choose songs.

Okay grandpa, relax. People who started talking about things that “slap” are well into their 20’s now. Stop being angry at clouds.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

dialhforhero posted:

"tia"

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

What's a good ninja salvage setup/ship?

(Sorry for quoting back a couple of pages)

When I say Ninja salvaging, I meant I just warped into the middle of an NPC battle with no intention of getting involved in the fighting, however it attracted all the aggro... I am a noob and did not realise that would happen

I currently have a Vexor just because I was mainly spreading the 5 drones across the wrecks as there is often 20+ when the triangle men fight

I need to look at what thruster/mwd i have on it because it's slow - I have a thrasher which is super fast and drone capable so I will probably change to that - especially with 8 high slots

In other news, I found a Mordu’s Special Warfare Unit Commander tonight, my buddies killed it (I dont have the dps to break it's tank) but we got it... it dropped a barghest BP which should make about 500mil ISK... pretty cool find :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I agree that the Eve-Online soundtrack slaps. You'll have to enjoy it on Youtube unfortunately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqSuJVaOes

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
It heavily rips off Vangelis and some spacey Brian Eno.

This is fine.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Just trying to relive my youth my dude

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

The Hambulance posted:

Before I quit, I renamed all of the newbee ships to "TheCrate sits to pee." Sadly, very few people understood it.

I know the reason

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

vyst posted:

Just trying to relive my youth my dude

:hmmyes:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Eve soundtrack is on Spotify fyi

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yo these bops slap

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
slap bop

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah I sometimes listen to it while I play good games.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

iospace posted:

I've heard different reports on that. I've heard that dred ratting is still alive and well, but the prevalence of frig holes is what harms that. C4s give you the double statics which allows for more content than a C5, especially given that C5s generally connect to C5s.

Then again that was coming from an HK member who said he wouldn't log in his ratting dred if he had a frig hole.

HK/LHX's effect on C5/6 space is that of a big fish in a small pond, mindlessly eating the smaller fish, then complaining when said smaller fish are no longer around.

You can only fight so many "honor" duels and stab your outnumbered, outclassed opponents in the back before you stop getting offered even a pittance of resistance.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
MY CUM SLAPS

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

I said come in! posted:

I agree that the Eve-Online soundtrack slaps. You'll have to enjoy it on Youtube unfortunately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqSuJVaOes

https://ashyin.space/jukebox.html

Also WiS and good neocom

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Who can ever forget the glory

https://youtu.be/rjuYZXm6J5U

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 5, 2020

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

HK/LHX's effect on C5/6 space is that of a big fish in a small pond, mindlessly eating the smaller fish, then complaining when said smaller fish are no longer around.

You can only fight so many "honor" duels and stab your outnumbered, outclassed opponents in the back before you stop getting offered even a pittance of resistance.

It's almost as if cramming 100 nerds into one hole and telling them to rat up a fortune on alts is bad for the game. I mean yeah, obviously having a massive income stream completely independent from your main character is the best only way to play this game but gently caress if it doesn't break things if everyone else does it too.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Slap dem cheeks grandpa

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Loden Taylor posted:

They just need to stage their caps out of a non-destructible station somewhere in NPC Delve. Say PR-

I can guarantee the NPC station in PR- will have bubbles and diamond rats on it until Eve 3 is released should they really think that's a good idea.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah I sometimes listen to it while I play good games.

Nice low key burn in Eve there.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

you feelin fucky posted:

It's almost as if cramming 100 nerds into one hole and telling them to rat up a fortune on alts is bad for the game. I mean yeah, obviously having a massive income stream completely independent from your main character is the best only way to play this game but gently caress if it doesn't break things if everyone else does it too.

Isn't that what PL did? Like, PL was only for combat mains.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

ding ding ding

The whole We'll just tear down your poo poo and hoover up your talent if you don't fight back-shtick seems eerily familiar too

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to be a station trader and I think I sold stuff back to myself accidentally.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm trying to be a station trader and I think I sold stuff back to myself accidentally.

I've done this all the time. Its actually saved my rear end a few times, when I have butter fingers and list something for a very low price its handy when I also have the top "buy" order for that commodity :v:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

I've done this all the time. Its actually saved my rear end a few times, when I have butter fingers and list something for a very low price its handy when I also have the top "buy" order for that commodity :v:

Is it the same as if you cancel your buy order? Just the broker's fee?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is it the same as if you cancel your buy order? Just the broker's fee?

Yup, you are only out the brokers fee as you are paying yourself.

Donathros
Sep 25, 2018

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Perfect for killing some time before Mind1. Thanks for the heads up.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

dialhforhero posted:

oh good haven't had an excuse to pull this one out in a while

shut up andupor

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

ChickenWing posted:

oh good haven't had an excuse to pull this one out in a while

shut up andupor

Pyrion Flax send his regards...

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ynglaur posted:

PL was for whatever you wanted to put in PL- however, a lot of times trying to initiate a fight/skirmish with a character actually in PL was difficult because of how often we swung supers around (even worse after the Black Ops changes and how often we'd go on BlOps terror campaigns). So you'd have an army of alts in purple helmeted warriors, rekking crew, kings of lowsec, and various faction warfare alliances/corps to bait fights.

I don't think it was ever explicitly said anywhere to put your 'PvE alts here', it was just a matter of convenience for the smaller cliques in the alliance to gravitate around their friends, and whatever flavor of shooting red boxes (or asteroids) they preferred. I think the only out of alliance, corp-less characters were people that enjoyed incursions, as nobody that ran them would take a PL character for fear of losing their autism chariots. Even 2012 PL was a pretty small group of players, and a lot of people had their own personal moons, I only knew 1-2 people in the alliance that were ever 'space poor' and those are usually the guys that show up for a campaign and leave afterwards.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 6, 2020

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

PL was for whatever you wanted to put in PL- however, a lot of times trying to initiate a fight/skirmish with a character actually in PL was difficult because of how often we swung supers around (even worse after the Black Ops changes and how often we'd go on BlOps terror campaigns). So you'd have an army of alts in purple helmeted warriors, rekking crew, kings of lowsec, and various faction warfare alliances/corps to bait fights.

I don't think it was ever explicitly said anywhere to put your 'PvE alts here', it was just a matter of convenience for the smaller cliques in the alliance to gravitate around their friends, and whatever flavor of shooting red boxes (or asteroids) they preferred. I think the only out of alliance, corp-less characters were people that enjoyed incursions, as nobody that ran them would take a PL character for fear of losing their autism chariots. Even 2012 PL was a pretty small group of players, and a lot of people had their own personal moons, I only knew 1-2 people in the alliance that were ever 'space poor' and those are usually the guys that show up for a campaign and leave afterwards.

i think people (especially in gs) thought that PL was lame and unchill but honestly it was an awesome place, but you couldn't get by being a willful idiot

Like in gs/test/whatever else you could get away with poo poo like showing up to fleet in random ships, going afk whenever and dying, jumping instead of holding, bubbling half your fleet when you're going to warp, or whatever. In PL that poo poo wouldn't fly; the attitude was more like "we're all wasting lots of time on this dumb game, so let's try and do an ok job of it."

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
totem

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 11, 2020

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
PL did a ok job in B-R

Donathros
Sep 25, 2018

NGC773 posted:

Is GoonWaffe still accepting applications?

I think there's a hold on for new applications but vacationers are OK to return.

Might be worth sending a mail to newbies@goonfleet.com. You'll get a response from someone in the know.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

Like in gs/test/whatever else you could get away with poo poo like showing up to fleet in random ships, going afk whenever and dying, jumping instead of holding, bubbling half your fleet when you're going to warp, or whatever. In PL that poo poo wouldn't fly; the attitude was more like "we're all wasting lots of time on this dumb game, so let's try and do an ok job of it."

Elise summarized it once as, "doing more with less".

Sadly, that iteration of PL is dead :rip:

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006
ISRAD is back. Shitposting is going to 11.

Also all of you asking if Goonwaffe is recruiting with less than 72 hours of an SA account are in for a very very rude awakening. Nothing to see here, I shouldn't post before coffee consumption.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Wow, apparently they opened up a bridge to Discord for jabber pings. You still have to be connected to Jabber for the relay to function, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

NGC773 posted:

Is GoonWaffe still accepting applications?

They let me in like 2 months ago so it’s worth applying. I also post way more than you though.