Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Meltzer knows it I highly doubt it hasn't gotten around to the rest of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Meltzer has weird and lovely attitudes about women, good on Miro for sticking up for his family.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

If Meltzer knows it I highly doubt it hasn't gotten around to the rest of them.

Even then, it leaks it out so when people's favorite wrestlers take down their Twitch channels, the fandom on Twitter knows exactly who to reach out and blame. It was extremely short-sighted on Dave's part, knowing what we all know about Twitter. Hell, especially knowing what we know about Twitter, I can 100% see Miro seeing it as outwardly malicious

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MotU posted:

Even then, it leaks it out so when people's favorite wrestlers take down their Twitch channels, the fandom on Twitter knows exactly who to reach out and blame. It was extremely short-sighted on Dave's part, knowing what we all know about Twitter. Hell, especially knowing what we know about Twitter, I can 100% see Miro seeing it as outwardly malicious

That's a fair take. Didn't really consider it from that angle.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Meltzer has weird and lovely attitudes about women, good on Miro for sticking up for his family.

He also phrases things in the dumbest way possible a lot of the time, so I'd blame him before Rusev for any miscommunication here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Meltzer has weird and lovely attitudes about women

I still can't believe he considered Ospreay the victim in the Pollyanna situation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i do not denounce what i, the jester, said about miro as i still think it applies. even so, the good point MotU has made deserves to be the top takeaway from reading the angry message. kill jester

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Imagining Dave in Hell just having to be in attendance for UWF shows for all eternity

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Imagining Dave in Hell just having to be in attendance for UWF shows for all eternity

Herb Abrams' UWF or Steve the Hustla's UWF?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Herb Abrams' UWF or Steve the Hustla's UWF?

I was thinking Herb's lol didn't know there was another!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
big tough wrestlers turn into whiny babies when it comes to Meltzer lol. they all sound like trump bitching about fake news

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

The Urban Wrestling Federation was both extremely bad and really, really great.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Still not seeing why people are pointing fingers at Dave for reporting what happened instead of the people in charge that made it happen.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Still not seeing why people are pointing fingers at Dave for reporting what happened instead of the people in charge that made it happen.

It's his lack of tact. He can report on what's happening without throwing a woman under the bus by name who is constantly criticized for bullshit reasons by weird wrestling fans online, many of them who are obsessed with Dave's every word.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE also blatantly orders their talent to take runs at Dave any time he says something that could get him heat.

He blithered his way through a point about Peyton Royce once and the entire roster all made basically identical tweets slamming him

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's his lack of tact. He can report on what's happening without throwing a woman under the bus by name who is constantly criticized for bullshit reasons by weird wrestling fans online, many of them who are obsessed with Dave's every word.

I'm gonna be honest this just feels like projection.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CombineThresher posted:

Steve the Hustla's UWF?

Spending the rest of eternity trying to Get That Paper sounds like a lot of work

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 7, 2020

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I'm gonna be honest this just feels like projection.

why not just say "vince was informed multiple people were using their wwe personas to generate income outside of the company" and be done with it? he argues on twitter all fuckin day, he has to know naming someone will generate abuse from insane wwe fans who will blame them for not being able to dump money directly into their favorite wrestlers pockets

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Dave makes stupid points about women sometimes (such as the aforementioned Peyton Royce thing), BUT I also don't doubt that it was the Lana Bang Energy commercial or whatever that set Vince off, partly because it was something outside of Vince's control and done without his approval, and also partly because it's fairly evident at this point that Vince has some kind of weird fixation on her and her marriage to Miro.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Critical posted:

why not just say "vince was informed multiple people were using their wwe personas to generate income outside of the company" and be done with it? he argues on twitter all fuckin day, he has to know naming someone will generate abuse from insane wwe fans who will blame them for not being able to dump money directly into their favorite wrestlers pockets

This is my point basically you just phrased it better. You can tell the story in a way that directs anger at the real villain here, Vince McMahon not at just one specific woman. I think people here forget how much redditors/twitter wrestling people despise women.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

yeah I'm not really bothered about Dave not kowtowing to a bunch of gutless sports entertainers and their lovely fans

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Miro's just got the perspective that a lot of people in WWE do that they complain about the same poo poo but get annoyed if someone outside the company does. Kind of a "I can beat up my brother but nobody else can" kinda thing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know, I find it really hard to buy that if this sends people on some crusade that it's on Dave's head.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave should just never mention any wrestlers by name in case some twitter rando gets a bug up his rear end about it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People have given Lana poo poo all the time about various things and wife guy Miro got tired of it while on Twitch and ranted

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't know, I find it really hard to buy that if this sends people on some crusade that it's on Dave's head.

bullshit it was absolutely AJ saying he had Covid on twitch

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dave is probably just reporting what he was told and he might tend to trust his sources a little too much

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/19Phranchize/status/1302771764355911681?s=20

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Eat My Fuc posted:

There were also Bill Watts UWF and Japanese OG shoot style and proto-mma promotion UWF

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

There were also Bill Watts UWF and Japanese OG shoot style and proto-mma promotion UWF

good lord for such a seemingly weird, not catchy acronym i never expected it to have so many promotions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

good lord for such a seemingly weird, not catchy acronym i never expected it to have so many promotions.

there were 4 different UWFs, 3 of which all stood for the same thing, Universal Wrestling Federation. Urban Wrestling Federation is the only outlier.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there were a lot of ultimate wrestling federation efeds as well.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

JP UWF is super cool

Revolutionized the business and sold out big buildings with no TV based entirely on word of mouth and magazine coverage

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

there were 4 different UWFs, 3 of which all stood for the same thing, Universal Wrestling Federation. Urban Wrestling Federation is the only outlier.

The successor promotion to the Japanese UWF changed the acronym to mean Union of Wrestling Forces (International)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The successor promotion to the Japanese UWF changed the acronym to mean Union of Wrestling Forces (International)

yeah but everyone calls that one UWFi so I don't count it!!!!!!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What about Newborn UWF

Does that count as UWF

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

And the coolest of all of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Smoking Crow posted:

JP UWF is super cool

Yeah, I watched some 80s UWF recently and it kicked so much rear end. At a time when puro was all forty minutes of matwork ending in a double countout UWF came in and pretty much created the modern puro style. You had Yoshiaki Fujiwara ripping people's arms off, Nobuhiko Takada kicking people's heads in and the original Tiger Mask returning to wrestling after more than a year away. They had a bunch of great matches and then went back to NJPW and brought the whole company up with them.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Remember Dave reported that Rusev was injured and Rusev/Lana made a big show of saying Dave was wrong except he was injured. Anyway, in the stream he also says he doesn't actually know what Dave said. Anyone with a passing interest in this stuff knows it wasn't just Lana doing it.

Like we're looking at one message on a thread, without context for the conversation being had and saying oh Dave should've done better. As though he started a new thread on the board and that was the only post on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DrVenkman posted:

Remember Dave reported that Rusev was injured and Rusev/Lana made a big show of saying Dave was wrong except he was injured.
All I keep thinking about is when WCW did an promo where they burned a copy of the Wrestling Observer for reporting Macho Man had a broken arm and it turned out he had a broken arm so they were just mad at Dave Meltzer for reporting it