Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

blue squares posted:

if I am playing on PC and my frame rate is swinging rather quickly from around 60-70 back up to 120+ rapidly, should I turn down the graphics until the frame rate is steady? I can't tell much difference to be honest.

what's your monitor's framerate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

blue squares posted:

if I am playing on PC and my frame rate is swinging rather quickly from around 60-70 back up to 120+ rapidly, should I turn down the graphics until the frame rate is steady? I can't tell much difference to be honest.

if it doesn't bother you why change it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

blue squares posted:

Unless your GPU or CPU are getting overly hot then I wouldn't worry, unless it's bothering you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

blue squares posted:

In games with a lot of frame variance it can help to set an FPS limit to put less overhead on the CPU and create a smoother overall image, since the frametime won't be jumping all over the place.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Rinkles posted:

what's your monitor's framerate?

144hz

Convex posted:

Unless your GPU or CPU are getting overly hot then I wouldn't worry, unless it's bothering you

Gotcha, I'll keep an eye on it

exquisite tea posted:

In games with a lot of frame variance it can help to set an FPS limit to put less overhead on the CPU and create a smoother overall image, since the frametime won't be jumping all over the place.

Good tip, thanks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

does it have gsync/freesync

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Stux posted:

does it have gsync/freesync

Yes, and I have it set up. Maybe thats why it seems the same no matter what the number at the top left of my screen says

blue squares fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 7, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Whoa this owns, I want to see something like this but more fleshed out.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

die hard immersive sim when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41r_eUToltg

Also I'm enjoying Touhou Luna Nights; the recycling minigame is super cute.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Holy poo poo this looks cool.

Also speaking of The Witness, every time I hear In the Hall of the Mountain King I immediately flash back to The Challenge.

(Also Anitra's Dance but that comes up less often in media)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dreamless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41r_eUToltg

Also I'm enjoying Touhou Luna Nights; the recycling minigame is super cute.

The last one is something I am so, so happy I nailed on the first attempt.

Something I really like about Tohou Luna Nights is the item screen tells you which section of the game you are missing powerups from. Something I don't like is that money is so so so so so so much more valuable in your inventory than ever actually spending it that its ridiculous.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Ciaphas posted:

In the pinball thread we're holding a league

for your entertainment, I present to you a demonstration of total failure in two acts
whereupon I was one-upped

Just wanted to say that I’ve watched both of these videos about a dozen time. Your ball 2 where it ricochets into the drain cracks me up every time, it’s a very relatable misfortune.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
why the hell doesn't google have a dark mode? why don't webpages auto adjust to the time of day/whether you have an os dark mode enabled? why doesn't windows let you choose an alternative background when it gets darker? c'mon it's 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thought this might be of interest to fans of cat mysteries:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glad i have functional eyes and can use light mode on everything. they added light mode to ff14 this expansion and its really good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thought this might be of interest to fans of cat mysteries:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

they added light mode to ff14 this expansion and its really good

:chloe:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

is this something: warrior of light mode

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

thats literally why they added it, because shb takes place in a land trapped in eternal light mode

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does ff14 have the giant of babil

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dark Mode hurts the poo poo out of my eyes.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

dark mode gang

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb9ZQl3iOfU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
darkness gets a wildly bad rap considering it's the better half of the day

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I blame the Dead Alewives

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

darkness gets a wildly bad rap considering it's the better half of the day

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the brief feeling of satisfaction and then crushing disappointment when you do your full 500 multitask squeezes on your ringcon and then it turns itself off and wont let you squeeze it anymore until you sync your squeezes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wow, being very rude to Relm

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Since Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is hitting Steam soon, I'm curious if it's worth playing Rebel Galaxy, which I've had in my backlog for... a long time. Is it worth playing now, or just count it as a loss and pick up the second?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm playing pillars of eternity 2 and it's astonishing how much better Baldur's Gate gets when it's turn based and not shackled to D&D rules

I knew the basic idea of the genre could be good from DOS2 but that changed a lot more. PoE2 basically changed the bare minimum from the old D&D games needed to make them playable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The current holiday loading screen in wiz game

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

The current holiday loading screen in wiz game

Happy birthday, labor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

blue squares posted:

Yes, and I have it set up. Maybe thats why it seems the same no matter what the number at the top left of my screen says

yeh thatll make it always stay looking smooth and nice so you dont need to worry about it!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Anyone else have TVs that have lovely overscan on PS4 and there's 0 way to stop it because the TV's picture options don't do jack

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The ps4 lets you set screen area iirc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Wow, being very rude to Relm

:yeah:

I was watching a streamer play FF6 who completely misunderstood what was going on and assumed Shadow was the daughter from the flashback

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm playing pillars of eternity 2 and it's astonishing how much better Baldur's Gate gets when it's turn based and not shackled to D&D rules

I knew the basic idea of the genre could be good from DOS2 but that changed a lot more. PoE2 basically changed the bare minimum from the old D&D games needed to make them playable.

I tried and quit PoE 1 three times over the years. I found the combat confusing and often too hard. Is the second game notably better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zeether posted:

Anyone else have TVs that have lovely overscan on PS4 and there's 0 way to stop it because the TV's picture options don't do jack

I was actually just thinking about how useless overscan settings are in games, but I guess sometimes they are still necessary.