Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

There is a Discord server devoted to playing this on Tabletop Simulator, if that's your thing: https://discord.gg/PrAeZaw

Thank you kindly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Like a lot of cards that grab two clues, it's often hard to justify playing LWIF in solo, but the split grab plus the threshold increase is a really solid upgrade.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
In solo, you usually just go one location at a time so getting clues in a previous location isn’t that helpful. But upgraded guts is great because mystics are pretty much forced to play arcane initiate if they want card draw.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 21, 2020

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Golden Bee posted:

In solo, you usually just go one location at a time so getting clues in a previous location isn’t that helpful. But upgraded guts is great because mistakes are pretty much forced to play arcane initiate if they want card draw.

Unless you have LWIF in hand, in which case you'd play differently.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
My group got a lot closer to finishing Lost in Time and Space on our second go-around, but we still ran out of steam just before finishing Act 3. The bag isn't any different from the last scenario, but man do token pulls feel more punishing in this one.

I can see why people enjoy this scenario so much, but keeping track of all of the location connections is god awful. We ended up putting things down in three "columns" (Endless Bridge x3 + Dimensional Doorway on the left, Tear Through Space x3 + Edge of the Universe in the middle, Prismatic Cascade + Steps of Y'hagharl on the right) but still somehow missed that the starting location connects to EACH type of other location, not just Tear Through Space. That would have changed our action economy significantly.

Oh well. Even if we've messed the scenario up twice, I think we're ready to move on and let our investigators get killed. I'm hoping the group is down for building new decks and moving on to Path to Carcosa, because I'm really excited to show them that cycle and story.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

My group's first run through Lost and Time and Space built a wonderful emergent narrative where the person playing Preston Fairmont attempted to scamper and escape alone, but ended up screwing himself over leaving the only survivor Wendy Adams.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The Atlas upgrade seems like an attempt to redo a card that was just too restrictive to ever see play, and it now looks like a good card. Teleportation is a really powerful effect, and it doesn't even exhaust.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Glad to see a tweak to Liquid Courage—it kinda bugged me that the original was so poorly suited to Finn (of all people!)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Never get high from your own supply

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

I'm trying to track down one of the dream eaters packs, A Thousand Shapes of Horror, and it's like it just doesn't exist. Out of stock everywhere, not even listed on Amazon, and the only eBay listing is one in the UK with $35 shipping. Is there any regularity from FFG in terms of how often they reprint things, at least during normal times? Just wondering is this likely to be a month or two, or a year or two?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Vidmaster posted:

I'm trying to track down one of the dream eaters packs, A Thousand Shapes of Horror, and it's like it just doesn't exist. Out of stock everywhere, not even listed on Amazon, and the only eBay listing is one in the UK with $35 shipping. Is there any regularity from FFG in terms of how often they reprint things, at least during normal times? Just wondering is this likely to be a month or two, or a year or two?
I can go check my two local game stores and see if they have that pack for you.

I'm lucky to have one of my local stores be the self-proclaimed Arkham capital of the west coast cuz the owner fukken loves it.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

jeeves posted:

I can go check my two local game stores and see if they have that pack for you.

I'm lucky to have one of my local stores be the self-proclaimed Arkham capital of the west coast cuz the owner fukken loves it.

Edit: Went with the below option since they had another thing I was looking for.

Vidmaster fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 23, 2020

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Vidmaster posted:

The store I used to work at is still squeaking by with like one person left, and they still have plenty of copies in stock: https://www.oejrva.com/lcg/arkham-horror-lcg-a-thousand-shapes-of-horror-mythos-pack

If I remember correctly, I set up shipping for items that small to be $5-$8 depending on where you live (USPS First Class Mail).

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

The store I used to work at is still squeaking by with like one person left, and they still have plenty of copies in stock: https://www.oejrva.com/lcg/arkham-horror-lcg-a-thousand-shapes-of-horror-mythos-pack

If I remember correctly, I set up shipping for items that small to be $5-$8 depending on where you live (USPS First Class Mail).

Oh nice! They've also got another pack I was looking for too. Ordered!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The anticipated Perception upgrade :

And this 5XP hand blaster :

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

“At last I found it” feels more like eureka!

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Here's the entire Harvey Walters deck :

https://imgur.com/a/JU8gJgI

I think the only cards we haven't seen before are these :

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Everything released, does anyone have scans of the intro stories for every character? Not the ones in the cards, the one that comes with the pack.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Return to TFA is shipping apparently.

I'm really curious about any potential fixes for that cycle. It was a real kick in the dick for my run through.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I've heard they've completely revamped the Explore system, though don't know how. I'd love to see them revamp the way Supplies work - if I were doing it I'd make it a deck of possible outcomes in each interlude so that it's not just "ok we're in the first act so we need to take these things" cause that's boring.

Although I'm only just about to get halfway through my first runthrough of TFA with a friend of mine this week so who knows how better or worse it all gets! :v:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I just finished Dunwich in my 4 person group as Zoey. She was a lot of fun to play although in a couple scenarios I didn't get to do too much.

Also my lack of clue getting made getting out in the last scenario kind of hairy but we got lucky with location spawns and I was able to scrape by. Ironically our Agnes had the most problems as she kept getting monster spawns instead of the rest of us.

I was thinking of playing Diana Stanley in Path to Carcosa. The way we're doing it is we have access to all the cards up to the campaign we're playing but no taboo. Is she a good character in Path to Carcosa? I like her mechanics but she seems to need a lot of cards from the later sets because there's a lot of cancelling/avoiding stuff.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I slotted Diana into Path but we have all the stuff. Even if she just had basic spells, I’ve had worse, wards of protection, Dodge, and a few other cards from basic, she would be OK. There is a boatload of horror to soak in that campaign.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 21, 2020

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
For me personally that would be a pretty frustrating Diana experience. Without cancels to bring her willpower online and to double-cast with her dagger, she doesn't have that many fun tricks up her sleeve, and with that cardpool you're missing out on Counterspell, I've Had Worse, Deny Existence, Dark Prophecy and Delay the Inevitable.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah if you’re missing those play someone else. Jim culver is good.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Yeah I think I'm going to go with Jim. Diana is just missing too many things.

My first exp with Jim should go towards Grotesque Statue X2 right?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s great to avoid auto fails but you also want a way to recur it.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Skids parallel investigator cards and scenario.

I really like his alternate deckbuilding options. It's super interesting that they give you the opportunity to keep the lower-xp versions of the Fortune and Gambit cards when you upgrade them without them contributing to your deck size/card-by-name limit.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Skids parallel investigator cards and scenario.

I really like his alternate deckbuilding options. It's super interesting that they give you the opportunity to keep the lower-xp versions of the Fortune and Gambit cards when you upgrade them without them contributing to your deck size/card-by-name limit.

I'm a big fan of new Skids, he looks very interesting. Also i think he needed a bit of a boost more than Daisy.

I just wonder how many they plan. Are they just doing the initial investigators? Will they move forward to later sets? They're not exactly rushing them out but still the idea is very interesting (and hey free content!)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I've warmed up on new Skids, if nothing else his gamble ability gives him a schtick unique to him. As for the alternate decklist it took me until I looked up what Fortune and Gambits new Skids could use to come around on him, but an investigator with 6 copies of Lucky is a the sort of stupid gimmick deck I fully support.

Going forward I suspect they're going to do the initial 5 first before they think of doing other investigators mostly because they're in the core box and therefore available to theoretically anyone.

Meanwhile for parallel scenarios my hunch is they might swap to a different campaign rather than releasing one based on Miskatonic Museum, that way the materials needed for them remain in the big box expansions. Of course if they do that then perhaps anything goes for other investigators, maybe the next one will be based on The Last King and be the parallel version of Lola.

Edit: Someone pointed out that you can pay 0 into parallel Skids' gamble ability and then use Rogue's suite of "If you succeed do thing" (quick thinking/nimble/all in/momentum/watch this) to do wild stupid combo things. And you can Eucatastrophe to dodge the auto-fail if need be because it's a level 3 Fortune. I may have to build this sometime.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 15, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The new flooding scenario looks interesting.
Just finished Alice in Wonderland on TTS and it was amazing, creative, but if you’re gonna play wait because they’re still revising it.

Lady Eleanor is my favorite custom guardian. Taking other peoples effects is powerful, even in scenarios that don’t have a lot of skill test treacheries.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Gloria Goldberg is the latest novella investigator and, like Jacqueline Fine, features art different from the rest of her Arkham Universe incarnations.

I was expecting Monterey Jack as the next one since I vaguely recall the names of two novellas were released back when Dexter Drake was announced and one of them seemed like a thematic fit for him, but this is fine. A scrying-focused Mystic fills a neat deckbuilding niche and it might get me to actually play with some of those cards for a change.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

She reminds me of lady Eleanor, the unofficial investigator, because they both manipulate the encounter deck in interesting ways.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

So the final investigator for the Innsmouth Conspiracy was revealed a week ago.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
That stat line looks rough to deal with. Her passive should sync nicely with lockpicks though. Seems like she's not going to be great at the fighting part of green, but then you just kind of end up with a weaker yellow deck? The access to 0-2 yellow might help with that mind you.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Normally I'm a die-hard rogue fan, but Trish is kinda... meh? Maybe I need to tinker with the deckbuilding options to see some high impact combos, but yeah, she basically just looks like Lockpicks the Character.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Look at her ability carefully. If you have a fast get a clue card, you never have to make an evasion check again. If you get Lola Santiago, as long as you have some money in the bank, enemies cannot slow you down. I played with her in a duo with Leo in return to forgotten Age...The real power is mixing the green and yellow card pools. Intelligence reports to save your friends, lockpicks and Gregory to start out a +8, Leo De Luca, Haste... it’s some wild stuff. Pathfinder is a little unaffordable in basic seeker but in rogue it’s even more free actions to pile on.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Plus, you can get momentum with practice makes perfect.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yeah I think she should be pretty good. A lot of the auto discover cards become much more powerful (Intel Report, Working a Hunch, Lola Santiago after some XP). She should be basically able to replace the seeker in most groups and have a lot more clue-getting power than Finn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, Finn is already a really good seeker replacement once he gets lockpicks and Lola. Trish is going to fill a very similar role but be even better at investigating and slightly worse at evading.