Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I've done it like, twice. It's super hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I was told there was a regiment of some kind I could join in here so I could stop getting dickpunched in solos.

For the love of god where do I sign up to get added, because solos is exhausting.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

I was told there was a regiment of some kind I could join in here so I could stop getting dickpunched in solos.

For the love of god where do I sign up to get added, because solos is exhausting.

Discord is where you want to be to find games. You'll get invited into the regiment there.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Fart Car '97 posted:

Discord is where you want to be to find games. You'll get invited into the regiment there.

im on the discord and in the regiment and have not played with any goon people because of the seemingly implied requirement to use discord for voice communication
the game has serviceable voice chat for cross platform play, and since im a basic aim-assist-using console user, i really dont want to build a rube goldberg machine to just have to play with a certain group

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

drunken officeparty posted:

Is it even possible to hit a uav with the rpg

Practice makes perfect (perfect in my case is maybe 1 in 3 hits - but the more you use RPG the easier it gets. Super map dependent, too - smaller maps make it easier since there's less variable distance it has to travel.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do Killstreaks actually physically manifest in WZ? I don't think I've actually seen a UAV air Airstrike in the air.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

veni veni veni posted:

Do Killstreaks actually physically manifest in WZ? I don't think I've actually seen a UAV air Airstrike in the air.

Airstrikes obviously yes. UAVs no. Cluster strikes spawn projectiles that you can collide with at any point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should turn down the volume of air strikes imo

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Hello Spaceman posted:

seemingly implied requirement to use discord for voice

it’s not just implied lol

In game voice only works in game and sounds awful. It just wouldn’t work. Talking to pubbies over in game when you’re all in Discord feels like mission control sending a message to Apollo. It’s a vastly different experience that makes voice comm just disappear into the background, for the most part it just works

It sounds like elitism until you try it and then it’s like oh yeah using anything else would be awful

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I am also on console. Haven't played much with the goons on discord but recently set up discord to play with some friends -- actually pretty easy. Plug in some earbuds to your phone (the standard apple earbuds that come with every iphone work fine), put one bud in your ear and make sure people can hear you over the mic, then put your headset over it. Then join the voice channel on your phone. Pretty smooth.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jerman999 posted:

I am also on console. Haven't played much with the goons on discord but recently set up discord to play with some friends -- actually pretty easy. Plug in some earbuds to your phone (the standard apple earbuds that come with every iphone work fine), put one bud in your ear and make sure people can hear you over the mic, then put your headset over it. Then join the voice channel on your phone. Pretty smooth.

You forgot the most important thing.

Turn on noise suppression and or push to talk.

Some people are drat noisy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Im wondering what set up causes you to hear the game in someones background so that you have like a one second delay between hearing it then hearing it through their mic and why the gently caress does at least 1 person per match seem to have that set up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Im wondering what set up causes you to hear the game in someones background so that you have like a one second delay between hearing it then hearing it through their mic and why the gently caress does at least 1 person per match seem to have that set up.

They are dumbasses.

Noise suppression helps a lot but push to talk should be mandatory IMO.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

how will i know that my child is crying if my teammates dont tell me??

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Nah PTT in shooters sucks. I used to rock PTT everywhere but I put in the effort to configure my levels properly and use a decent mic (ModMic, not $$$$) and its fantastic. Pretty rarely do I see it activate when I’m not talking. Call outs are much easier. Just make sure you bind a global key to mute mic (or get an inline switch) so you can do noisy stuff without annoying everyone. I rock Krisp.io for AI noise cancelling too (it’s integrated into Discord these days but I subbed to it for work) and people often say my mic levels are 👌 and voice is clear. NVIDIA’s AI noise suppression is awesome too if you are on Turing!

Just put a tiny bit of effort into your setup and you too can have really a enjoyable effortless voice chat experience.

Of course people who can’t be bothered to configure things properly should use PTT. Open mics are annoying. That is another good reason to play with Discord goons because ppl will mock you for egregious open mic. I try to leave voice open when I play MP with randos but 9/10 of games the chucklefucks cause me to hit F9

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I cant push to talk on my phone and you hear the game because my airpod mic is under my xbox headset

also if i used ptt you wouldnt be able to hear me go to the bathroom

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 7, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

rig a foot pedal as a PTT

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hello Spaceman posted:

im on the discord and in the regiment and have not played with any goon people because of the seemingly implied requirement to use discord for voice communication
the game has serviceable voice chat for cross platform play, and since im a basic aim-assist-using console user, i really dont want to build a rube goldberg machine to just have to play with a certain group

I have a cable from my tuner to my laptop its not that bad lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

drunken officeparty posted:

I cant push to talk on my phone and you hear the game because my airpod mic is under my xbox headset

also if i used ptt you wouldnt be able to hear me go to the bathroom

lmao that was you?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't use PTT and my mic only picks up when im talking. It doesn't even pick up me clearing my throat. You just have to mess with the levels.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't use PTT and my mic only picks up when im talking. It doesn't even pick up me clearing my throat. You just have to mess with the levels.

You’d be surprised how many are unwilling to do that but demand to play with other players in a game where hearing things is literally the difference between life and death.

But also don’t interrupt them in the middle of their really uninteresting story about one of the three times they’ve gone outside this year.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

VulgarandStupid posted:

But also don’t interrupt them in the middle of their really uninteresting story about one of the three times they’ve gone outside this year.

Ah so you play with me then

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm really tempted by catgirl Mara, Army of Me yoga pants Charly, and lol420weed.

But 20bux a pop takes it out of microtransaction yolo territory to :effort:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

skooma512 posted:

I'm really tempted by catgirl Mara, Army of Me yoga pants Charly, and lol420weed.

But 20bux a pop takes it out of microtransaction yolo territory to :effort:

Yeah the bundling is kind of lame, it would be fun if it was more mix and matchable. Even if it cost more to buy them all separately, no one would buy the stickers or sprays anyway. So I guess that’s why they bundle! :haw:

I think I’m all burned out on core/hc mp now that I finished the season 5 battlepass. And with warzone being kinda busted and full of sweats (even plunder!) I may just hang on my CP in the hopes that cold war is good.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can I use my cod pieces as credit toward actually buying codwar

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pivo posted:

it’s not just implied lol

In game voice only works in game and sounds awful. It just wouldn’t work. Talking to pubbies over in game when you’re all in Discord feels like mission control sending a message to Apollo. It’s a vastly different experience that makes voice comm just disappear into the background, for the most part it just works

It sounds like elitism until you try it and then it’s like oh yeah using anything else would be awful
The in-game voice quality is actually pretty good for me. Sure it isn't discord level but it's fine. Apex Legends on the other hand is really loving garbage and they still haven't fixed it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
F9 is much easier than telling my teammates to shut the gently caress up so I can hear the dickhead stomping around in the rooms next to me so I can kill them and buy the braying dumbasses back. :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/Rgng8sg.mp4

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ragdoll in peace

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

we had some good airstrikes that game lol

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I have a cable from my tuner to my laptop its not that bad lol

yeah let me just bust out $1500 of tech and run cables across my lounge to build a voice chat contraption because in game chat isnt ogg vorbis 192khz at 5000kbit/s

its not that bad

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the in game chat isn’t great but it’s definitely not bad enough that you need to set up other computers to play the computer game you’re already playing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hello Spaceman posted:

yeah let me just bust out $1500 of tech and run cables across my lounge to build a voice chat contraption because in game chat isnt ogg vorbis 192khz at 5000kbit/s

its not that bad

lol most players are on computers and use discord, I don't expect them to cater to console players, an 8 dollar cable I had lying around solved that but keep playing with pubbies if it makes you happy.

-edit- discord is also way better for chat because if you can put up a quick tag to fill your party pretty much any time of day

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

lol I use a $10 desk mic I bought to play the OG team fortress literally 20 years ago and it's fine for wz but go off

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Its pretty interesting how in much better on PS4 dedicated chat parties are than the in game comms in Modern Warfare. Like it goes from sounding like a busted rear end drive through ordering system at the worst McDonald's in town to crystal clear. Not to mention when the game is loading in you lose chat function without a party. The only thing that sucks is you miss death mics.

Also, yeah something about how the new Black Ops looks just not as good as the Modern Warfare. I'm most definitely skipping Black Ops and just sticking with MW, which I think will really be an interesting thing how Activision handles all this. By all accounts Warzone is going to be continually updated still. Its odd how I have friends who are obsessed with Zombies and have basically said "if there is zombies I'm going to get black ops" where as I do not give a poo poo. I don't find the single player stories particularly compelling either. I mean Modern Warfare's was totally fine and perfunctory and I was glad they had it, but still it won't get me to buy Black Ops.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
yall know theres a comms filter on by default that makes it sound like rear end right?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Finally pulled a goon win this morning in the discord (I’m turtlecake). I hate that the no vehicles turned the game into PUBG where you either need the best position to win (by camping) or robocop out with 10 kills from everybody

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

PC players in our party sound like hot garbage. PS4 isnt much better, Xbox seems to be the best quality codec, although I am on xbox so maybe there is some re-encoding going on between platforms.

a british friend of mine moved from PS4 to xbox after his ps4 died and his accent and voice sound entirely different than on PS4.

PC players seem to have terrible noise cancellation. the 3 in my group all sound like rubbish and you hear everything in the background triggering the mic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks I really hate the Origin shotgun when I’m not the one using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pivo posted:

Nah PTT in shooters sucks. I used to rock PTT everywhere but I put in the effort to configure my levels properly and use a decent mic (ModMic, not $$$$) and its fantastic. Pretty rarely do I see it activate when I’m not talking. Call outs are much easier. Just make sure you bind a global key to mute mic (or get an inline switch) so you can do noisy stuff without annoying everyone. I rock Krisp.io for AI noise cancelling too (it’s integrated into Discord these days but I subbed to it for work) and people often say my mic levels are 👌 and voice is clear. NVIDIA’s AI noise suppression is awesome too if you are on Turing!

Just put a tiny bit of effort into your setup and you too can have really a enjoyable effortless voice chat experience.

Of course people who can’t be bothered to configure things properly should use PTT. Open mics are annoying. That is another good reason to play with Discord goons because ppl will mock you for egregious open mic. I try to leave voice open when I play MP with randos but 9/10 of games the chucklefucks cause me to hit F9

Ok well obviously this but for the other 99% PTT!