Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I forget, did we ever get a list of what anime he watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I don't know what this means, but are you a subs or dubs guy?

SUBS.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'm a few months behind and I just died at Seths (previously unmentioned?) half-brother calling out of nowhere to talk about his business idea of a voluntary kidnapping service.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 4, 2020

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
815 is an all-timer. You gave five dollars to Zach Braff meanwhile I just saw that commercial I know there's kids in Honduras that still have cleft palates.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Half of Dracula posted:

I forget, did we ever get a list of what anime he watched

This is also the time he grabbed a Nintendo Switch and was playing a hell of a lot of BotW.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

GhostDog posted:

I'm a few months behind and I just died at Seths (previously unmentioned?) half-brother calling out of nowhere to talk about his business idea of a voluntary kidnapping service.

i didn't listen to that episode but someone already beat him to that one.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vvv5bb/this-app-could-get-you-kidnapped

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GhostDog posted:

Seth mentioned him a few times early in the show, usually in the context of a rant about being a jaded, sober guy pushing 40 while his tween half-brother was out there movin' and shakin' and having the whole world at his feet, but that was the same era that he'd regularly talk about his bitch ex-wife in Arizona and his black grandson, too. It was easy to lump him in with the rest of Seth's "family."

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

JethroMcB posted:

Seth mentioned him a few times early in the show, usually in the context of a rant about being a jaded, sober guy pushing 40 while his tween half-brother was out there movin' and shakin' and having the whole world at his feet, but that was the same era that he'd regularly talk about his bitch ex-wife in Arizona and his black grandson, too. It was easy to lump him in with the rest of Seth's "family."

Yeah this was my feeling too, just another joke on the pile considering the dude is shockingly quiet about his personal life in any way shape or form.

I forget if it's Seth's half bro that Jah is good friends with? Or it's Jahs step brother that Seth is good friends with? There's more family connections there.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

JethroMcB posted:

who do you think the jeff running the cameras is?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Giga Gaia posted:

Holy poo poo

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
lol

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Episode 428: Jonathan accidentally breaks up a diamond smuggling ring.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Giga Gaia posted:

Lmao

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
So that show Utopia, there was a show called 'Eden' in the UK, that was basically the same thing. I found an article a couple years ago and I'll try to dig it up, but it ran in 2016. And basically they got a bunch of 'experts' in different fields and put them on an old estate and basically were like 'okay, we're filming'. But instead of like banding together they sort of splintered up and it turns out that a lot of experts had very specific theoretical knowledge and couldn't say, do agriculture. If I recall they like almost starved and froze to death and the camera people were just watching this happen. Many people tried to escape but executives and camera people would like capture them in vans and bring them back. In addition, like Brexit happened and no one had any idea. I think at some point someone like seduced a cameraman to get food. So they survived basically a year of abject misery and then went home only to find out that the show had been cancelled after like 4 episodes and no-one had told them. I want to say that a former cast-mate tried to break back in to tell them, but I could be making it up. God I have to dig that article up it was mayhem.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Arms_Akimbo posted:

815 is an all-timer. You gave five dollars to Zach Braff meanwhile I just saw that commercial I know there's kids in Honduras that still have cleft palates.
"It was a crazy day at the Polish cultural center where I watched the game."

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

bollig posted:

So that show Utopia, there was a show called 'Eden' in the UK, that was basically the same thing. I found an article a couple years ago and I'll try to dig it up, but it ran in 2016. And basically they got a bunch of 'experts' in different fields and put them on an old estate and basically were like 'okay, we're filming'. But instead of like banding together they sort of splintered up and it turns out that a lot of experts had very specific theoretical knowledge and couldn't say, do agriculture. If I recall they like almost starved and froze to death and the camera people were just watching this happen. Many people tried to escape but executives and camera people would like capture them in vans and bring them back. In addition, like Brexit happened and no one had any idea. I think at some point someone like seduced a cameraman to get food. So they survived basically a year of abject misery and then went home only to find out that the show had been cancelled after like 4 episodes and no-one had told them. I want to say that a former cast-mate tried to break back in to tell them, but I could be making it up. God I have to dig that article up it was mayhem.

i am very interested in reading this. my brother and i were obsessed with utopia, it was the dumbest loving thing on tv, and I'd love to hear how the uk did theirs

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

GraPar posted:

And searching 'Marty Rulz' just took me to this great clip of Seth in McBride, which I don't think I'd seen in full before: https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/9/f/89...93416cdcbbc3fa8
Somehow just got around to watching this clip and would like everyone to stop what they're doing and watch this clip

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wonder if Seth did his own stunt taking the tackle there

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
speaking of sobriety remember when the uyd beer exploded in Seth's closet and they both became like sharks catching the scent of blood and it made them both crazy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

speaking of sobriety remember when the uyd beer exploded in Seth's closet and they both became like sharks catching the scent of blood and it made them both crazy

please god link me a link to this, a link please

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That's hilarious. I thought it was him on the bike at first.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

21 minutes into episode 773

"Should we lick up what's left? Then stop doing the podcast and go to the bar? I can smell the fun."

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Episode 773, 21:25

https://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/1/d/81...6a31cb67#t=1285

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lmao thanks for finding it

"I can smell the fun"

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Anyone know who Geneva is on the 815? On the Patreon, the UYD account (so presumably Jonathan) says she's married to Jonathan, but I didn't think he was currently married...

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Double-posting for a different topic. Looking up the above got me on Jonathan's IMDb, which informed me he has a role in this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcXwBh6cfc&t=332s

A) lol. B) Kind of bizarre how similar the set-up of that scene is to the filmed UYD episodes.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

"Should we lick up what's left? Then stop doing the podcast and go to the bar? I can smell the fun."

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

GraPar posted:

Anyone know who Geneva is on the 815? On the Patreon, the UYD account (so presumably Jonathan) says she's married to Jonathan, but I didn't think he was currently married...

iirc jonathan is twice divorced and geneva is his first wife who was also something like a casting director or agent. I'm guessing she had a hand in setting up the hollywood meetings that Jonathan infamously self-sabotaged.

however this is all based on old, vague, unreliable information gleaned from the podcast.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
She helps with merch and marketing still iirc

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

iirc jonathan is twice divorced and geneva is his first wife who was also something like a casting director or agent. I'm guessing she had a hand in setting up the hollywood meetings that Jonathan infamously self-sabotaged.

however this is all based on old, vague, unreliable information gleaned from the podcast.

I remember a story of him meeting a casting director or something, and the guy was desperately trying to figure out what "type" jah could play in a commercial. I think he landed on "hipster dad" or "alternadad" or something. Then I think he refused to shave his beard and that was it. Does anyone remember that?

\/\/\/ :lol:

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 10, 2020

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
He said he was muslim and wouldn't shave his beard as a joke and it went terribly.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Magic Underwear posted:

I remember a story of him meeting a casting director or something, and the guy was desperately trying to figure out what "type" jah could play in a commercial. I think he landed on "hipster dad" or "alternadad" or something. Then I think he refused to shave his beard and that was it. Does anyone remember that?

\/\/\/ :lol:

Yes absolutely hahaha.

I only think he was divorced once? It was around 2011 because he was a very sad dude for a while.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ep 54 this week in florida. An old woman accidentally drives through the window of the dmv which is full of people. The security tape shows there was a guy in there dressed in full superman costume who immediately runs away at full speed.

That story to me is uyd in a nutshell. :classiclol:

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 14, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I like to go back into the archive and listen to episodes from years ago with today's date. Highlights from episode 82, September 14th 2007:

• An early appearance of Seth's hurda-hadda voice when discussing Jeff Foxworthy
  • An appearance of Jonathan's Arnold Schwarzenegger voice
  • 'Just bought season four of Family Guy and the first three discs of Heroes. Anyone wanna hang out and watch them?' immediately followed by 'I'm an asian guy, looking to hit up a local hookah bar. Tired of meeting fakeass girls, don't be shady, let's talk cars'
  • 'I LIKE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT MY RITALIN'
  • The boys' discomfort at 'brain' as slang for oral sex
  • The loving monoxide alarm beeping non-stop, weeks before The Fight takes place

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Episode 816: lol @ Seth butting in to say "Maybe not Scientology" during Jonathan's apology, saying they embrace all races, genders and religions

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

jackhunter64 posted:

• 'I LIKE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT MY RITALIN'

An all-timer story in my humble opinion

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Ep 817, Seth finally watched Breaking Bad.

Glad he enjoyed it.

It's crazy that was the first series he's ever binged.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus Christ the "Fine Guy List" in 797 is amazing if you are around my age. All-time segment.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Jesus Christ the "Fine Guy List" in 797 is amazing if you are around my age. All-time segment.

Sethro gives off some Beavis vibes, so it looks like she has a type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Man Cave doctrine