Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Observe this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Observe this, brother!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ICHIBAHN posted:

Observe this!

Oh so THAT is why they changed the results!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Miro lighting his lame-rear end gaming rig on fire to own Meltzer

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Miro heard about the rumour blaming Lana for the third-party ban:

And on the ban itself:

He's not entirely wrong for reasons that have been outlined already, but it's still weird that he's about a million times more mad at Meltzer for reporting on the ban than he is at WWE for instituting the ban in the first place.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 7, 2020

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

He's not entirely wrong for reasons that have been outlined already, but it's still weird that he's about a million times more mad at Meltzer for reporting on the ban than he is at WWE for instituting the ban in the first place.

Or for not considering (at least) Dave's WWE source specifically called out Lana.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

WWE also blatantly orders their talent to take runs at Dave any time he says something that could get him heat.

He blithered his way through a point about Peyton Royce once and the entire roster all made basically identical tweets slamming him

WWE has all the talent's social media passwords, right? Would seem like an easy way to coordinate such a thing.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's gonna be funny when it turns out Vince flipped his lid the millionth time he saw somebody say that one of his line reading meat robots was "so much more charismatic" on a twitch stream and Lana really is an escape goat

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

We don't know how mad he is at WWE, and since Meltzer isn't Miro's wife's evil lunatic boss, going on a public rant about him doesn't risk her getting even more poo poo at work.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

harperdc posted:

WWE has all the talent's social media passwords, right? Would seem like an easy way to coordinate such a thing.

If they do then that makes the whole Velveteen Dream thing even weirder

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I watched some 80s UWF recently and it kicked so much rear end. At a time when puro was all forty minutes of matwork ending in a double countout UWF came in and pretty much created the modern puro style. You had Yoshiaki Fujiwara ripping people's arms off, Nobuhiko Takada kicking people's heads in and the original Tiger Mask returning to wrestling after more than a year away. They had a bunch of great matches and then went back to NJPW and brought the whole company up with them.

i can't watch takada anymore because his whole appeal is how tough he is and he got destroyed by rickson gracie

takada nearly got knocked out by kyle sturgeon in a match that was fixed for him to win

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Smoking Crow posted:

i can't watch takada anymore because his whole appeal is how tough he is and he got destroyed by rickson gracie

takada nearly got knocked out by kyle sturgeon in a match that was fixed for him to win

I haven't got to that part of his career yet :negative:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

I haven't got to that part of his career yet :negative:

Don't worry about it, MMA is a work, has no connection to a real & true sport of kings like pro wrestling

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

forkboy84 posted:

Don't worry about it, MMA is a work, has no connection to a real & true sport of kings like pro wrestling

how dare you insinuate that Takada's win over Coleman was a work

Yamazaki was way better than Takada as a wrestler anyway

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The real fun Takada MMA moment isn't even the obviously worked fights, it's his retirement fight against Tamura where they had clearly worked it some but not quite enough, so when Takada charges in Tamura reflexively knocks him the gently caress out and immediately realizes he hosed up and thus celebrates like this.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Considering that Lana made an "I AM NOT THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK, I AM YOUR SCAPEGOAT" tweet, it seems like she is ALSO blaming Meltzer for daring to report a fact as presented to him by his sources instead of the psychopath boss who victimized her and all her co-workers. A fact that I sure as hell would want to know and would be outraged to learn by the way.

If Lana is catching crap from the internet trash, that sucks, and arguably there was a better way Dave could have tossed out that particular little curio about the larger story than as an obviously minimal-thought forum post, but coordinating an attack on the REPORTER and thereby buttressing the loving criminals is a pretty lovely thing for Lana and Rusev to do.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I mean obviously everyone in the Satan Company is required to join the Two Minutes Hate against Meltzer every day

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm sure there's no reason a company source would point to the wife of someone who's recently left the company as the person to blame for this.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

What version of Vince McMahon exists in your minds that you can’t see something that dumb and petty being absolutely true? He’s old and unbelievably out of touch.

Knowing what we know about him it’s the most reasonable thing in the world to assume that Vince had no idea there was significant money to be made on social media and streaming until someone told him about Lana getting sponsorship money independent of the WWE. It probably never even occurred to him.

But once someone told him, his hosed up brain made that connection and he could see it the same way as Macho Man making a deal with Slim Jim without him getting a cut.

I always assume the worst when it comes to how his vile brain works.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Wrestlers are the most easily misdirected people on the planet I swear to god.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Big Bidness posted:

What version of Vince McMahon exists in your minds that you can’t see something that dumb and petty being absolutely true? He’s old and unbelievably out of touch.

Knowing what we know about him it’s the most reasonable thing in the world to assume that Vince had no idea there was significant money to be made on social media and streaming until someone told him about Lana getting sponsorship money independent of the WWE. It probably never even occurred to him.

But once someone told him, his hosed up brain made that connection and he could see it the same way as Macho Man making a deal with Slim Jim without him getting a cut.

I always assume the worst when it comes to how his vile brain works.

Also the story from Punk's podcast about the endorsement deals he was offered, to the point he wanted to start wearing MMA-esque boardshorts with sponsors on them before Vince killed the idea.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh someone definitely stooged, thinking it'll get them anything other than a boot out the door during the next pandemic.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

HerraS posted:

I mean obviously everyone in the Satan Company is required to join the Two Minutes Hate against Meltzer every day

That'd make a hell of a botchamania ending if someone had the editing chops and inclination.

*fake edit* Wait, just remembered it already is one, mostly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey remember that time that Hana Kimura got bullied and you know what happens next, and the wrestling world (and entire world was sad) about it?

Did these folks not learn anything from this?

“It would be better if Dave Meltzer was dead,” is a thing I’m reading in 2020 post-Kimura.

This poo poo is absolutely sickening.

This poo poo has to stop.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lot of has-been Ex-WWE losers getting mega worked by an old wrestling fan dork on twitter , you absolutely love to see it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wrestlers are the most easily misdirected people on the planet I swear to god.

I thought that title went to the Refs.

:v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i just love ryback's positive online persona!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Dumb Guy!

Honestly it rules that Dave can say "I'm being told that the straw that broke the camel's back is the advert Lana did" and everyone lines up to say "I can't believe Dave Meltzer would do this, how sexist".

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol how do people get this loving mad about Dave Meltzer. If I were Ryback I'd probably take more umbrage at the loving WWE instead of a guy who reports poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol is this real

If so the big guy needs to stop angling for a WWE return because it's sad as gently caress

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol is this real

If so the big guy needs to stop angling for a WWE return because it's sad as gently caress

He deleted it and replaced it with this:

https://twitter.com/Ryback/status/1303070009472688128

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol it turns out he himself is the mark

He probably only did that to avoid a twitter suspension for threatening someone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

lol how do people get this loving mad about Dave Meltzer. If I were Ryback I'd probably take more umbrage at the loving WWE instead of a guy who reports poo poo

Because Dave is right. Nobody gets that triggered about leaked info unless it’s correct

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because Dave is right. Nobody gets that triggered about leaked info unless it’s correct

Oh yeah. That's what I was thinking

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bingo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ICR posted:

Hey remember that time that Hana Kimura got bullied and you know what happens next, and the wrestling world (and entire world was sad) about it?

Did these folks not learn anything from this?

“It would be better if Dave Meltzer was dead,” is a thing I’m reading in 2020 post-Kimura.

This poo poo is absolutely sickening.

This poo poo has to stop.

didn't meltzer invoke hana's name in a lovely defense of will ospreay

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yes, that dumbass

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

didn't meltzer invoke hana's name in a lovely defense of will ospreay

Yes but that doesn’t make ryback’s statement any less lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Yes but that doesn’t make ryback’s statement any less lovely

of course. threats aren't excusable, but I think people being mad at him for irresponsible journalism or defending lovely people is also perfectly reasonable.