Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I want to see Dr. Orpheus and the Triad fight crime in the big city just once before the show ends. Is that too much to ask for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
How about a Triad spin-off?

I mean, the Blood Vessel has Illinois tags (1984 - 2000 design), so it can be set in Chicago. Get Dick Wolf on board; because c'mon of course he needs to be on board.

Chicago Triad.

And, just like Chicago Med, Chicago PD, and Chicago Fire, every 9th episode would not be a crossover with at least two of the other ones.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I was just thinking recently that it'd be cool to finally get an episode about Jefferson Twilight. He doesn't really get as much development as the rest of the triad and New York is probably the best location to do something with his skillset. A blaxploitation episode involving him fighting blackulas in harlem or wherever would be pretty cool

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Oh, so an episode where he hunts African American vampires in Harlem?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

pablo gbscobar posted:

I was just thinking recently that it'd be cool to finally get an episode about Jefferson Twilight. He doesn't really get as much development as the rest of the triad and New York is probably the best location to do something with his skillset. A blaxploitation episode involving him fighting blackulas in harlem or wherever would be pretty cool

Black Dynamite (the cartoon) was also pretty good

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I know adult swim can be pretty loosey-goosey but having the author of the art book be the guy to break the news of the shows cancellation is a bit much to take.

OchoCinco
Mar 28, 2010
It's been confirmed by Jackson.

https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1303102212193705985

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1303102212193705985?s=21

God drat it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Man, gently caress adult swim forever.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Hey 2020, can you stop sucking rear end for like ten minutes

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

It's just over? Just like that?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cancelling the show now is some pretty strange timing if you think about it. The show endures the slowest possible television production for 17 years only to be cancelled in production of what may have (or definitely should have) been the last season.

I honestly think the show was about to run it’s course with another season, and it’d be a shame if that doesn’t happen somehow.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

They were so close to a satisfying ending, what does AS even have now other than Rick & Morty? Huge disappointment.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
one fuckin more season and they could have tied a bow on it. gently caress this.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You just know some suited prick at AS was like why do we got two shows with superscience. loving cunts adult swim is dead

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

[adult swim] is going to go down the toilet within the next few years

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This seems really final. I guess they currently are not making plans to release something for the fans? drat.

Oh well, time for a big fat rewatch then. I definitely have cried laughing at this show many times, sad that it went out with a fart rather than a bang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0t76ktRwt0

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm never gonna get another set of t-shirts every week. What in the gently caress am I gonna wear to the gym

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
gently caress. I was really hoping that I was being too pessimistic with the idea that season 8 had been cancelled.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The Venture Brothers: Adult Swim is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was really hoping it would at least be a situation where Season 8 was go but that was it. This is hosed.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man, for a year that's been wall to wall poo poo, what's another thing on the pile :smith:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

gently caress.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Wow that sucks!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Venture Brothers: Adult Swim is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Gotta shovel out more poo poo!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
been watching this dumb show for like half my life. god.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
loving hell Adult Swim, couldn't even let them finish a final 8 or 10 episodes and wrap it all up. God dammit.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Good news y'all, Robot Chicken season 11 is currently in production!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

Good news y'all, Robot Chicken season 11 is currently in production!

What if Character from [X Nerd Franchise] was in the Setting from [Y Nerd Franchise] and they either hosed or Did Violence?

There, that's every Robot Chicken sketch ever made

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

What if Character from [X Nerd Franchise] was in the Setting from [Y Nerd Franchise] and they either hosed or Did Violence?

don’t forget “character from kids show fucks or says bad words”!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

God drat it, Cartoon Network

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Dracula Factory posted:

They were so close to a satisfying ending, what does AS even have now other than Rick & Morty? Huge disappointment.

I've yet to get around to watching Joe Pera Talks With You, but the COVID-19 Special(?) kicks rear end. Tigtone is pretty good - it's like someone came up with the general story of the episode during a period of air-starvation, or ridiculous inspiration, and then quickly wrote down the idea and dedicate themselves to surprisingly competently animating and voice-acting what is a terrible idea. Eric Andre makes a couple things every so often, if you're into that? Primal's second season/second half is coming out soon, by the guy behind Samurai Jack.

Other than that, weeeeell~

Taerkar posted:

Gotta shovel out more poo poo!

Yup!

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Season 8 nothin, they coulda wrapped this up in a "movie" a la All That And Gargantua-2

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well drat, It's over.

It feels just sad and empty. And not even in the good way.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well gently caress :smith:

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

I am still weirdly attached to the cast of Titan Maximum. I wish that they would make a second season of that.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

They haven't said a word about renewing Harley Quinn either so even the knockoff Venture Brothers could be dead :ohdear:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
i'm going to try and take some solace in the fact that it didn't get a chance to suck

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i do wonder how long ago they would have been cancelled if they didn't have Mike Lazzo shielding them all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

You god damned assholes what a dumb move