Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I just looked it up and apparently the only shows HBO Max has actually renewed are a ballroom dancing reality show and Bougie People Finding Love in NYC #364

All is lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm never gonna get another set of t-shirts every week. What in the gently caress am I gonna wear to the gym

Honestly I was thinking about this as I've lost a ton of weight and was looking forward to having some VB shirts that fit me coming up.

Man this royally sucks.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Do we know if they own any of the rights to the show at all? Or is this going to be another Metalocalypse?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AT&T bought Warner Media and immediately shouted "no more fiefdoms" from the upper echelons down to every division in the company.

So, be prepared for everything you love from the Warner family being cancelled.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I've been watching this show since before I was a teenager. Incredibly weird feeling for it to be gone.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bro Dad posted:

I just looked it up and apparently the only shows HBO Max has actually renewed are a ballroom dancing reality show and Bougie People Finding Love in NYC #364

All is lost

Close Enough got renewed, Doom Patrol got renewed, Harley Quinn hasn't been announced but there's no way in gently caress they're not renewing it (it's visibly dirt cheap to make and incredibly popular)

Infinity Train is in limbo, but the creators have apparently been directly told that they're getting more if it does well

They're most likely keeping quiet on renewing stuff because of COVID fuckery, but it seems like if a show picks up at all, they're happy to renew it

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm legit bummed out. VB was always a surprise gift, appearing out of nowhere with exceptional quality and love and dedication.

Who's starting the petition? There's no way in hell we're not getting season 8!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That loving sucks. Robot Chicken is now the longest running Adult Swim original show.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
https://youtu.be/sHLxIv1Z0nY

I remember watching the season one finale and being genuinely shocked and upset. What a time.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Close Enough got renewed, Doom Patrol got renewed, Harley Quinn hasn't been announced but there's no way in gently caress they're not renewing it (it's visibly dirt cheap to make and incredibly popular)

doom patrol has not been renewed yet, though I hope it is

i'm disappointed but tbh the gaps between seasons are so long that i can't actually remember which plot points were left hanging so i could get upset about this. should've at least gotten some kind of finale special, though

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Well, gently caress! Jackson and Doc deserved better than this, they poured everything into this show. They put so much care and effort even into goofy side stuff like the t-shirt club and Christmas songs.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Adult Swim couldn't even give them the dignity of a shortened season or a movie to give things closure.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Send Henchman 21 around to change their minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwL8ESU97s

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Now I know how they all felt when Speedy had to be put down like a dog in the Mexican dirt.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I was just going to go have a quiet beer but the idea that I’m not going to get anymore Rusty or Brock or 21 or Monarch or Orpheus or Hank or Dean or dear sweet Hatred is making me far more angry the more I think about it.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

:rip:

by any rational standards the seven seasons we got of this beautiful, wonderful show were a god damned miracle

nevertheless getting cancelled out of the blue like this is a crying shame

I will cherish The Venture Bros. forever

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dracula Factory posted:

They were so close to a satisfying ending, what does AS even have now other than Rick & Morty? Huge disappointment.
I like a lot of the dumb youtube shows they have, but yeah this sucks

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What the gently caress won't 2020 kill that didn't deserve it.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Man this loving sucks. Even a "this is your final season, make the most of it" would have been nice :(

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Sad it's over, happy it went before getting stale. I'd love to know what they were planning for s8.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

X_Toad posted:

I am still weirdly attached to the cast of Titan Maximum. I wish that they would make a second season of that.

Eh that show was way too mean and cynical for it's own good, like that was literally all it was, just made it a miserable slog to actually watch(and it was also boring as a Mecha parody which is dumb cause that should be one of the easiest genres of fiction to do parody of)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feel like a close friend or family member just died. Heartbroken doesn't even begin to cover it. Loved this show since I was in middle school.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
poo poo.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I hate everything.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1303124052924485632?s=20

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

gently caress this.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
2020 really is the worse year isn't it.

Bah and I wanted my theory to be proven true. Probably wouldn't have but drat it all.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This sucks rear end but as far as place to leave off the cliffhanger wasn’t that bad

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
This was my favourite show, animated or not. I cannot believe we won't even get Season 8 that iirc was already pretty much confirmed back when 7 was in production. This is some real poo poo and the fact it has been months since they have been told before announcing it makes me wonder if the rights are tied up in some legal hellhole too meaning it'll be unlikely we even get a send off season etc.

For such a narrative heavy show with soooo many loose ends this sucks - lopping the end of the narrative off harms the content imo, going back and watching it knowing it leads *nowhere* in many cases is incredibly frustrating and puts me off re-watching. This is something I would do often and looking for all the little details and possible foreshadowing etc!

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Now I'll never get confirmation that Billy's also a Venture. Well now its canon in my mind.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hate 2020.

Hope they get a finale movie or something but not gonna hold my breathe and just god damnit

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Blackfyre posted:

This was my favourite show, animated or not. I cannot believe we won't even get Season 8 that iirc was already pretty much confirmed back when 7 was in production. This is some real poo poo and the fact it has been months since they have been told before announcing it makes me wonder if the rights are tied up in some legal hellhole too meaning it'll be unlikely we even get a send off season etc.

For such a narrative heavy show with soooo many loose ends this sucks - lopping the end of the narrative off harms the content imo, going back and watching it knowing it leads *nowhere* in many cases is incredibly frustrating and puts me off re-watching. This is something I would do often and looking for all the little details and possible foreshadowing etc!

What happened is the guy who was in charge at AS retired, he was a huge fan/champion of the show and why it's lasted as long as it was. Apparently the new boss is not a fan and so it got the axe despite season eight being in production.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Nilbop posted:

I was just going to go have a quiet beer but the idea that I’m not going to get anymore Rusty or Brock or 21 or Monarch or Orpheus or Hank or Dean or dear sweet Hatred is making me far more angry the more I think about it.

I’d wait to get too upset yet. Resuscitating cancelled shows is one of the pillars of Netflix’s business model.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The show started with a shitload of loose ends. An epic finale that ties everything up wouldn’t be in character. Plus between Operation PROM and All this and Gargantua 2 we’ve had two suitable series finales already.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
For literally my entire adult life I've been reminded that Venture Bros exists every 2-3 years when they announce new episodes and had to go "wait what the hell even happened back in the last season?"
End of an era.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they get to do something to serve as a proper finale.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blue Raider posted:

I’d wait to get too upset yet. Resuscitating cancelled shows is one of the pillars of Netflix’s business model.

And spitefully preventing their shows from being revived is apparently one of [AS]'s.

If Doc and/or Jackson have the rights to the IP, then I think some manner of closure, if in comic rather than show, is more likely than not. If [AS] owns the rights, then any sort of closure short of a wink wink nudge nudge one like the Half-Life 2 Episode 3 plot outline is basically impossible. Unless it turns out Lazzo was the spiteful one at [AS] and while AT&T is happy to axe shows, they don't actually care what happens after that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Considering they got the news months ago and we're only hearing about it now almost certainly means any attempt at moving it elsewhere was either blocked or failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Keltar posted:

What happened is the guy who was in charge at AS retired, he was a huge fan/champion of the show and why it's lasted as long as it was. Apparently the new boss is not a fan and so it got the axe despite season eight being in production.

Yeah the timing works out with Lazzo etc, my query was why wait for Publick to say anything etc after so long. I kinda wondered if they had been looking into some kind of way to keep going and after all this time it was totally dead etc.