Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Wiped my install, reloaded all mods, rearranged order to this:

Started a new game, wife's cryopod won't open :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

What's your framerate? Magnetic locked and otherwise-scripted doors can take a very long time if your fps gets too high iirc

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

60, it doesn't play the player character's first voice line either ("Oh god oh god come on") when you interact with the pod before the door control

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chronojam posted:

What happens if you don't use the front door?

Are you suggesting...

The back door? :pervert:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Glazius posted:

The only one I know of is Far Harbor-specific. The default city plan for Longfellow's Cabin includes a Far Harbor museum that's automatically populated as you do things in Far Harbor.

Sorry to post this again, but might have gotten lost on the new page, but is this in Sim Settlements?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Leal posted:

The back door? :pervert:

You gotta go for it, take some risks, leap across from the church, steal the power armor and walk away

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

A Sometimes Food posted:

In Sim Settlements?

In Sim Settlements, yes.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Decided that 6 or so hours of fighting vortex/fallout was enough for one day, came back today with fresh eyes, dropped start me up from the load order and everything seems to work, see you guys in 20 hours or so when something else breaks after I've put a ton of time into a save :shepface:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Pound_Coin posted:

Decided that 6 or so hours of fighting vortex/fallout was enough for one day, came back today with fresh eyes, dropped start me up from the load order and everything seems to work, see you guys in 20 hours or so when something else breaks after I've put a ton of time into a save :shepface:

Start Me Up is jank as poo poo, I'm not surprised. I also recall Horizon giving you its own set of custom start locations?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Still unable to get full dialogue interface to work. Tried a manual install but one of the ini files it wants me to modify just doesn't exist. Thankfully I have other things to do, but still, gently caress, that is the one mod I really want to work.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ashsaber posted:

Still unable to get full dialogue interface to work. Tried a manual install but one of the ini files it wants me to modify just doesn't exist. Thankfully I have other things to do, but still, gently caress, that is the one mod I really want to work.

Use Extended Dialog Interface instead.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Yeah,that works much better (as in at all), thanks.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Are there any decent mod lists that aren't BiRaitBec's, or will help enhance it somewhat? It felt like it was missing something...fun? I can't explain. I guess I'm looking for a mod that will help the game feel more like an FPS (non-bullet spongey enemies). Maybe I didn't play it long enough, but even with BLD it felt weird.

I also played a few Wabbajack lists (Banana Split, Bostom Cream Pie) and the Banana Split one was the most fun, but i didn't like the drat Apocalypse changes.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 9, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there anyway to check the script limit? Just found about it after getting really into sim settlements and now I'm getting nervous.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there anyway to check the script limit? Just found about it after getting really into sim settlements and now I'm getting nervous.

Would you like double the script limit?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yes I would, thank you!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
For some god damned reason I'm going to try this again and mod the heck out of it. Is there anything not mentioned on the first page that I should be aware of?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Here's one that I like: Radioactive Lighting: Makes signs and billboards and things of that nature glow in the dark.

Otherwise look up all the posts by SeanBeansShako, bless his gentle heart

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Few more days and I'll put up another small list of mods for the last few weeks!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do the mods that say they need all the DLC really mean it? 'Cause I don't want to get all the DLC just to use the required weapon mod framework stuff and the unofficial patch :(

Oh it's made by that douchebag that made the Skyrim patch and threw a hissy fit about Oblivion gates. Is it anywhere even approaching necessary to get it?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

are you talking about the unofficial patch that pretty much everyone uses

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Berke Negri posted:

are you talking about the unofficial patch that pretty much everyone uses

I guess so. It requires $70 worth of DLC I don't want to play so I hope it's not important. Ditto armoursmith and weapon keywords mods.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Do the mods that say they need all the DLC really mean it? 'Cause I don't want to get all the DLC just to use the required weapon mod framework stuff and the unofficial patch :(

Oh it's made by that douchebag that made the Skyrim patch and threw a hissy fit about Oblivion gates. Is it anywhere even approaching necessary to get it?

Unless you want to learn how to scrub all the dependencies and references to the DLC you don't have, yes. It's a massive pain in the rear end.

Maybe there's a GOTY edition with everything bundled cheaper than buying the DLC individually, I dunno.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I guess so. It requires $70 worth of DLC I don't want to play so I hope it's not important. Ditto armoursmith and weapon keywords mods.

lol they are still trying to charge full price for the dlc on this 5 year old game?

if the mod says it needs them all feel free to try it, i mean what can go wrong? it crashes and you have to unclick it?

when there is a sale tho get the season pass thing the dlc is pretty good, but not even close to worth full price this far on.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
GOTY edition on steam is $60, which... isn't great but it's not as bad as it could be

unless you've bought various other bits of DLC piecemeal, i dunno how that works :shrug:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I managed to get the GOTY edition for 15usd during the last sale so just wait a bit and maybe it'll go that low again.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Always have a look at isthereanydeal.com before buying a game. It checks so many sites.

FO4 GOTY https://isthereanydeal.com/game/falloutivgameofyearedition/info/

Currently 57% off on gamebillet.com ----> https://www.gamebillet.com/fallout-4-game-of-the-year-edition?affiliate=1c8adfeb-78f3-4d89-9a91-5b697ec73e37

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thanks guys but I'm not into this enough to bother getting DLC for mods. I just want to see how good I can get it to look on this PC and maybe put some jiggle physics on the supermutants.

E: AAAHHH! With no mods enabled I get a ctd in the starting area if I go anywhere near the stream if I launch using f4se via MO2. What am I missing? It's been a while since I've hosed around with a Bethesda game but as well as I can remember everything should be fine.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 20, 2020

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some of the better mod weapons use DLC weapon animations, but fair enough.

The price comically plummets on STEAM every sale.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Thanks guys but I'm not into this enough to bother getting DLC for mods. I just want to see how good I can get it to look on this PC and maybe put some jiggle physics on the supermutants.

E: AAAHHH! With no mods enabled I get a ctd in the starting area if I go anywhere near the stream if I launch using f4se via MO2. What am I missing? It's been a while since I've hosed around with a Bethesda game but as well as I can remember everything should be fine.

Fallout 4 is so old, you can probably wait a few months for the next time it goes on sale and get all the dlc for two bucks or a handful of Gummi worms

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is MO2 still the better mod organizer? Seems like kind of a piece of poo poo and certain mods just plain aren't working on it. I can't get def_ui to work with it for example.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are there any good mod settlements? Mostly looking for something that turns a few vanilla locations into settlements.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are there any good mod settlements? Mostly looking for something that turns a few vanilla locations into settlements.

Sim Settlements might be your jam, especially since you can tell the AI to build the things.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Is MO2 still the better mod organizer? Seems like kind of a piece of poo poo and certain mods just plain aren't working on it. I can't get def_ui to work with it for example.

Assuming your MO2 is up to date it's more likely you screwed up somewhere, did you make sure to tick everything in the right side tabs?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeanBeansShako posted:

Sim Settlements might be your jam, especially since you can tell the AI to build the things.

Oh yeah it is and it has supplanted the main game for me, but I'm talking about mods that add more settlements.

Like this one
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35405

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

isndl posted:

Assuming your MO2 is up to date it's more likely you screwed up somewhere, did you make sure to tick everything in the right side tabs?

It was MO2 defaulting to using its own inis so I had these bad ini edits that were screwing everything up. Seems to all be working now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has anyone got a nice subtle reshade DoF setting they could copy/paste here? I can't find a preset I like that doesn't have crazy over the top DoF where everything is constantly going in and out of focus and I can't read any text on the screen. Or is there a way to renenable the games native DoF settings?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Finally done with the yearly Skyrim run, I think, and looking to play this again. Are there any good companion mods? The most popular one on nexus seems to be Heather Casdin? Any thoughts on that one?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

Finally done with the yearly Skyrim run, I think, and looking to play this again. Are there any good companion mods? The most popular one on nexus seems to be Heather Casdin? Any thoughts on that one?

I tried out Heather Casdin since the author decided it wouldn't be Willow 2.0... Willow being the companion mod she made for New Vegas that was very well done from a technical standpoint but was rather questionable in terms of actual content.
The first thing i noticed about Heather Casdin was that the audio quality for her dialogue was garbage. I kept her around for a while since it was clear there was an attempt to create an actual interesting character with a fleshed out back story, but I eventually got so sick of hearing a fan turn on whenever she spoke I ditched her and haven't tried again. That was shortly after the mod was released though, so maybe Llama updated the audio since then.

A few spots below that on the list is Ellen the Cartographer, which is a much less ambitious mod but one that still fits well enough into the game. Total amount of content is comparable to the vanilla followers. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15962

Darlene is a bit more interesting, with her relationship with the player being gated more behind time spent around her than by the number of locks you pick or speech checks you pass. Lots of dialogue, lots of comments on locations and quest points... all with a French accent. I haven't used her for a while but it seems like the author is still maintaining the mod, hopefully without getting into too much feature creep.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/36254

Edit: Oh yeah, I tried Buttons at some point too. I found him rather forgettable, but a decent enough addition for a minutemen playthrough. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31710

Edit Again: There's also Tales from the Commonwealth, made by the same people who did Interesting NPCs for Skyrim. I considered the followers it adds a bit of a letdown though. Quoting myself from way back when:

Hobo on Fire posted:

Tales of the Commonwealth adds enough new people to talk to and mini encounters that I find it worth the price of admission, but honestly I didn't care much for the companions it adds. You've got:
a) goony germaphobe sniper - a schtick that wore out pretty quick, in my opinion
b) a pre-war, old-money heiress turned ghoul, and
c) a non-institute synth because apparently when the bombs fell the military was a hair away from perfecting terminator sexbots
Of course, some of the vanilla followers are even worse, so you might as well mix it up a bit.

The same people also made Settlers of the Commonwealth: http://3dnpc.com/wiki/fallout-mods/fallout-4/settlers-of-the-commonwealth
It adds a ton of custom voiced NPCs you can hire for your settlements. Great way to break up the half dozen comments the generic settlers use whenever you walk by.

Nalesh posted:

The old money heiress is amazing, dislikes you stealing things because "Common theft is for commoners, dear"
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8704

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the audio quality in the Darlene mod is way worse than Heather Casdin. I wonder if the latter was re-recorded at some point before I ever tried it out