Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jesus that is dedication and I salute you

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

Jesus that is dedication and I salute you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3d1cQi6Mg

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

While I think the very end should have the McBain MENDOZAAAA, I applaud the restraint in not using it

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Probably late to this parade but:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Was going to suggest this be added to the OP with the link to Frinkiac, but remembered the thread didn't really start out like that..

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Context for #2:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/06/tennis/us-open-tennis-djokovic-spt-intl/index.html

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Competent Lionel Hutz is cool.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

More of those please

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phanatic posted:

Competent Lionel Hutz is cool.

Funny AND educational!

I think one of the biggest reasons fictional court cases are presented so inaccurately is because in real life they tend to be incredibly long, tedious, dull and drawn out affairs and/or anticlimactic.

I think Frasier had basically the only realistic depiction of a divorce in fiction that I've seen with Niles and Maris- especially for a wealthy couple whose relationship is shown actively deteriorating. IE, it's long, drawn out, expensive and excruciating for all involved, and presented generally as an ongoing background thing.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 7, 2020

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Boomers LEGITIMATELY thought this was hysterical.

This always makes me think of 'the Arthur Atkinson story', a spoof of the ridiculous one catchphrase comic:

https://youtu.be/6_h0_OUSScc

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1302908569562615809?s=09

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sagebrush posted:

More of those please

I'm more interested in the cops than the courts, though. Some compelling stories there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

corker2k posted:

This always makes me think of 'the Arthur Atkinson story', a spoof of the ridiculous one catchphrase comic:

https://youtu.be/6_h0_OUSScc

At least the British had the excuse of needing anything to distract them from being bombed, boomers are just lead poisoned. No wonder they love lovely laughtrack sitcoms, the only way they know how to laugh is on command.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny AND educational!

I think one of the biggest reasons fictional court cases are presented so inaccurately is because in real life they tend to be incredibly long, tedious, dull and drawn out affairs and/or anticlimactic.

I think Frasier had basically the only realistic depiction of a divorce in fiction that I've seen with Niles and Maris- especially for a wealthy couple whose relationship is shown actively deteriorating. IE, it's long, drawn out, expensive and excruciating for all involved, and presented generally as an ongoing background thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkH1CzLDU4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That did come to mind. Frasier did actually get some mileage out of the more realistic consequences, as Niles has to find a place to stay on short notice, struggles with his own emotional issues and admits to his own culpability and how it could be used against him, has to find a lawyer who can deal with Maris' own attorneys since she's an order of magnitude wealthier than him... different from a typical courtroom episode but shows you can get plenty of material out of treating it realistically.

The Quimby nephew trial iirc is one of the more unusually realistic portrayals, comparatively, since it shows the trial as an ongoing process with a lot of moving parts. (and of course Homer taking advantage as an opportunity to sit around doing nothing as part of his civic duty, but hey)

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Guess that's why Apu never spoke up. :haw:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Did anyone ever combine that bit with Hank Scorpio’s jacket?

E:

Fun fact: his full name is Henry Scorpio

GlobglogGroAbgalab fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 8, 2020

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Fun fact: his full name is Henry Scorpion

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I lack the source files and photoshop skills to do this but

quote:

Mendoza: Take this swank, but beware, it is ten times more addicted than marijuana!
Homer: [worried] Ooooh, that's bad.
Mendoza: But it comes with a free salmon puff!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Mendoza: The salmon puff is booby trapped.
Homer: [worried] That's bad.
Mendoza: But we get to have a toast!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Mendoza: The toast is to human misery.
Homer: [stares]
Mendoza: That's bad.
McBain: MENDOZZZAAAAA

JezMM
Jun 24, 2006
The Christmas Ninja

Very old out-of-context post but this made me laugh a lot - my friend linked me to this thread last month and over the past couple weeks I've steadily read through the entire thing, sending all of my favourites to my wife over discord so we could look through them (and lose our poo poo at them) together before going to sleep for the night. So, uh, yeah, the above literally for me.

Anyway now that I've reached the end, I felt compelled to make the two memes that I couldn't believe nobody beat me to:

-

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

:dudsmile:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I...don't remotely get this.

Marge isn't worried about telling Homer...something, because she kills him?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It's a gender reveal party gag.

Edit: A recent story that's the likely inspiration. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/california-fire-el-dorado-gender-reveal-trnd/index.html

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

fishing with the fam posted:

It's a gender reveal party gag.

Edit: A recent story that's the likely inspiration. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/california-fire-el-dorado-gender-reveal-trnd/index.html

Yes. :geno:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:haw:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:perfect:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

JezMM posted:

Lol at the other one too but I had to go back up and look closer because I definitely missed it the first time. Welcome, friend

holttho
May 21, 2007

JezMM posted:

Very old out-of-context post but this made me laugh a lot - my friend linked me to this thread last month and over the past couple weeks I've steadily read through the entire thing, sending all of my favourites to my wife over discord so we could look through them (and lose our poo poo at them) together before going to sleep for the night. So, uh, yeah, the above literally for me.

Anyway now that I've reached the end, I felt compelled to make the two memes that I couldn't believe nobody beat me to:

-

You just mainlined 523 pages of pure gold?! You may be the strongest of them all.

also: :dudsmile:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

JezMM posted:

-

Good stuff

Also great

And I like this one too

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Here's some Djokovic Simpsons memes I found because I love tennis drama:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Can a Tennis person explain why it's a big deal? Like it's very very clearly an accident.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

They have a zero tolerance position. Dude did something similar with his racket and barely missed someone.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

mind the walrus posted:

Can a Tennis person explain why it's a big deal? Like it's very very clearly an accident.

It wasn't intentional but the rules still dictate that hitting someone like that is grounds for forfeit, so he basically got booted from the tournament (as the 1 seed and heavy favorite) for hitting the ball too hard at a judge and hitting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Not to victim blame but isn't that a kind of stupid place to stand?