Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

As a trans person, I can with 100% confidence say that gender reveal parties are transphobic rhetoric, whether ignorant or malicious. Also they are entirely a white people thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*posts pictures of non-white gender party*

*misses the entire point*

just thought I'd get that out of the way before someone else did

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

kecske posted:

cake and balloons? no semtex wrapped in colored shurikens? Not even a single maiming. poor effort there
Trans people don't need the pink pipe bombs or blue heavy machine guns or white rocket launchers, being powerful enough to attack and dethrone god barehanded.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

LifeSunDeath posted:

oof thread OOF, bad thread, BAD!

want

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Trans people don't need the pink pipe bombs or blue heavy machine guns or white rocket launchers, being powerful enough to attack and dethrone god barehanded.

The Demifiend *is* trans, that is true

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

clockwork chaos posted:

I'm not a racist trans person, but...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Guillermus posted:

That's racist.

Lol if you think you can dig up more than a handful of those extravagant gender reveals that isn't white. It's hardly racist- more of an observation.

It's like that line from Grand Budapest Hotel-

"Why blonde?

Because they all were"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just Offscreen posted:

It's hardly racist- more of an observation.

Just like Asians are good at math!

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Be sure to color code your infants so that strangers know what their genitals look like

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

easiest way to get rid of gender reveal parties is start a qanon conspiracy theory that they are a secret plot by wayfair to identify babies for trafficking and consumption by pelosi et al

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

oldpainless posted:

Just like Asians are good at math!

More like oldbadatmathless.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m imagining a scene of a couple who thinks gender reveal parties are stupid, but then looking at the economic realities of raising a child in our hell country and resolving to have one anyway as an opportunity to bilk more presents from their family and friends.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Or maybe attract one of those kidnappers grandpa heard about in a queue?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just Offscreen posted:

Lol if you think you can dig up more than a handful of those extravagant gender reveals that isn't white. It's hardly racist- more of an observation.

It's like that line from Grand Budapest Hotel-

"Why blonde?

Because they all were"

Was just joking. Like the very first time I read about a gender reveal party has been on this thread. I should be surprised that they even exist but we're talking about 'murrica.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1303343475350556673?s=19

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Ok, so if after the gender reveal party they mess up the circumcision do I have a new gender reveal party or?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Protip: if you want a bunch of giftcards at your/your wife's shower don't announce what the baby's going to be. Many people would much rather fork over the cash than risk buying anything in the "wrong" color, or god forbid, buy something in a neutral color.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

KDdidit posted:

Protip: if you want a bunch of giftcards at your/your wife's shower don't announce what the baby's going to be. Many people would much rather fork over the cash than risk buying anything in the "wrong" color, or god forbid, buy something in a neutral color.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

KDdidit posted:

Nosy friends, acquaintances, and strangers get so annoyed when they know someone is pregnant but the parents have chosen not to find out what the baby's sex is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hail Paimon

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

As a parent who doesn't do any gender signifier stuff with a two year old the thing I'm the most tired of is the awkward apologies after they ask what his name is and I say her name is Sage. It's not like I'm challenging them, but what am I supposed to do, preemptively apologize for not festooning her with hair bows?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

canyoneer posted:

Nosy friends, acquaintances, and strangers get so annoyed when they know someone is pregnant but the parents have chosen not to find out what the baby's sex is.

Or when the parents find out but choose not to tell anyone.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"
"Statistically, yes."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/thedweck/status/1303046847594864640?s=21

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

No gifts? Get out of here stalker!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

theironjef posted:

As a parent who doesn't do any gender signifier stuff with a two year old the thing I'm the most tired of is the awkward apologies after they ask what his name is and I say her name is Sage. It's not like I'm challenging them, but what am I supposed to do, preemptively apologize for not festooning her with hair bows?

Hell, people do that with one of our shop dogs. They'll walk over and go "Oh you're such a good girl!!! What's her name?"

And I'll say, admittedly without thinking about it "oh his name is turbo"

And they get all apologetic. Like, it's a dog. And he's kind of an rear end in a top hat. He doesn't care about you as long as you pay attention to him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/mrbrianfirenzi/status/1193269846420537344

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I am really bad at this:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
oh cool longinus is having a boy

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lines up pretty well with the story too

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Basking in the glow of Cherenkov radiation, my last words escape my charring husk, "it's....a comrade..."

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Wrong. There was clearly a blue beam of radioactive isotopes shooting into the air.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

if you dipshits spend any kind of time consuming media that isn't bias-confirming twitter you'd have the ability to see that gender reveal parties are held by all types of people all over the world

here you #genderreveal on IG

the memes are loving hilarious, and pointlessly gendering stuff (including the color with which to adorn your unborn child) is dumb, but it's so loving intellectually lazy to accuse anyone and everyone who ever thought it might be a fun idea as a white supremacist trans hating chud

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Equating genitalia with gender identity reinforces the idea that gender must always follow sex. In that way, it is anti-trans. It also reinforces rigid gender expectations, which is generally bad. Neither is usually intentional, but that doesn't make it less real.

Source: I'm a white cishet man.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

BonHair posted:

Equating genitalia with gender identity reinforces the idea that gender must always follow sex. In that way, it is anti-trans. It also reinforces rigid gender expectations, which is generally bad. Neither is usually intentional, but that doesn't make it less real.

Source: I'm a white cishet man.

Broke: Gender parties
Woke: Sex parties

:smug:

:quagmire:

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

dialhforhero posted:

Broke: Gender parties
Woke: Sex parties

:smug:

:quagmire:

Sex parties are definitely better than gender parties.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

My husband shone his tanker truck headlights at my belly so we could candle my womb like a duck egg. That didn't work so I just decided to batch-evacuate the mass of cells into an old fondue pot at like five weeks so I wouldn't be too overbearing. It eventually congealed and grew into a kitten with an InstantPot UI and diabetes but thank god I didn't take steal any joy from the experience like a greedy piece of selfish filth

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

krinklechip posted:

Sex parties are definitely better than gender parties.

Please do not involve infants in sex parties, tia

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

You guys left these memes on page 2049. Youre probably looking for the meme thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The funniest part of the gender reveal armageddon is that these people have done more property damage than all crime combined.

They have done 12 digit, in the hundreds of billions of dollars damage.

They have done so much damage that lawsuits and criminal charges aren't even feasible. How do you sue someone earning $80k for $100B? How do you charge someone with doing property damage to a time zone?

Unthinkable levels of crime here.