Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am so ready to eat some space toast :keke:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeessssssss :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Agrinja posted:

Does anybody like real zkittles? I'm in dealer land, and I'm not sure if he's importing legal from another state or what. It's good poo poo but he never has the same thing twice. I want more of this.

I haven't heard of that particular stain, but it's impressive you're getting strain names at all out there. Before I got to a legal state the menu was "mids" for $20 1/8 or "crippy" for $50

No I have no idea what crippy means, but it was definitely a descriptor and not a strain name, so, "good" I suppose

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Legit found a 30% THCA mini nug package today and it rules. :swoon:

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am so ready to eat some space toast :keke:

Brilliant use of this 1/8 cup of weed butter I was gifted.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I had zkittlez as a live resin in portland. Liked.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Agrinja posted:

Does anybody like real zkittles? I'm in dealer land, and I'm not sure if he's importing legal from another state or what. It's good poo poo but he never has the same thing twice. I want more of this.

I had a weedman years ago who had a really expensive set of coffee table size books of budshots on display in his apartment, and whenever he reupped he'd pick a pretty bud out and pore through the books to find a bud that looked like it. Whatever he found, that's what he'd call the new weed when he sold it. This is how he had a new strain every week, and I got the impression that he, at least, believed fully in his methods.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 5, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

grillster posted:

Brilliant use of this 1/8 cup of weed butter I was gifted.

Have you used it yet?

Last night, I actually got too high to focus on a baseball game.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
The reason I think it might not be random stuff is that it's all quality nice trimmed buds. It's a massive step up over random illegal state weed.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
I've had zkittlez in distillate form from Redecan, was pretty good for a budget 510 cart. I don't think they offer it in flower anymore though.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Have you used it yet?

Last night, I actually got too high to focus on a baseball game.

Nah I need some bagels or corn to throw it on.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

grillster posted:

Nah I need some bagels or corn to throw it on.

Speaking of bagels, I had a delicious bagel with schmear and some weed in my vape on the porch this morning

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is the weed thread dead my friends? Should we just let it die?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
We're just taking a T break. 2020 requires a lot of green to get through and I think we all need to get our tolerance down as the election ramps up in the states.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

nah im still smoking weed every day

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

bagmonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/WilliesReserve/status/1203374029068890114

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

bagmonkey posted:

I mean, it's not like I ingest/smoke weed every day

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

I mean, it's not like I ingest/smoke weed every day

:siren::siren:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Earwicker posted:

nah im still smoking weed every day

:rznv::2bong::420:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

Not dead until we hit 420 pages, damnit.

I guess I am going to find out how long it takes to pee clean because my work contract ended and there's the real chance thanks to covid related slowdowns that it might not get renewed so I gotta be able to get hired elsewhere if need be. Burn one for me.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Phone battery is currently at 69% smoke one down y'all

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I want my lungs to stay at least MOSTLY pink, and edibles gently caress me up for like eight hours every time which is not always a good thing.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

The Space Bagel was tremendous

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

I want my lungs to stay at least MOSTLY pink, and edibles gently caress me up for like eight hours every time which is not always a good thing.

I'm there, and ethanol based tinctures are the answer. Unfortunately they're not really possible to sell, and the recipe is moderately complex. But it's not that hard, if you have an oven and no one will be mad about weed smell.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm trying a sublingual indica spray, 2.5 mg per spray. It kicks in fast--in about five minutes--but doesn't seem to hit as hard or last as long as the equivalent in Kushy Punch (which I've decided are too drat small to have to subdivide into quarters). I don't really know why. I miss that solid sleepiness at the tail end.

I stocked up (that and a bag of 1:1 THC:CBD gummies) three weeks back and am trying very hard to pace myself. Reading the news does not help. I might end up making some ethanol tincture after all.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I'm trying a sublingual indica spray, 2.5 mg per spray. It kicks in fast--in about five minutes--but doesn't seem to hit as hard or last as long as the equivalent in Kushy Punch (which I've decided are too drat small to have to subdivide into quarters). I don't really know why. I miss that solid sleepiness at the tail end.

I stocked up (that and a bag of 1:1 THC:CBD gummies) three weeks back and am trying very hard to pace myself. Reading the news does not help. I might end up making some ethanol tincture after all.

Huh, I haven't tried a lot of oil based tincture, and I've never tried a spray delivery. Maybe the sprayer is the secret to making oil kick in fast? I tried holding it under my tongue a long time...

As to comparing 2.5 mg of one vs. the other, it might not be because of the type. It's pretty hard to accurately dose a spray like that, and maybe the gummies are on the high side. So you could be comparing 2 mg to 3 mg.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

bagmonkey posted:

someday im gonna have weed again instead of paying 40$ for hemp

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

klapman posted:

someday im gonna have weed again instead of paying 40$ for hemp

Come to Michigan, I'll hook you up

Aso hell yeah weed thread. I've switched to just my Pax 2 for smoking flower and am getting used to it. T Break time coming up soon I think

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm using a Da Buddha vape I got like 5 years ago and it's pretty nice for puffing on all day and not getting kicked out my apartment

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I converted my DBV into an e-nail, it is positively a weapon

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

bagmonkey posted:

Come to Michigan, I'll hook you up

Aso hell yeah weed thread. I've switched to just my Pax 2 for smoking flower and am getting used to it. T Break time coming up soon I think

if you're on the upper peninsula it would only be mostly insane, but if lower then theres no hope... i'm in minnesota and have put serious thought into taking a bus to chicago to buy weed and then come home with an ounce or whatever

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

klapman posted:

taking a bus to chicago to buy weed and then come home with an ounce or whatever

As much fun as this sounds in theory, the out-of-state recreational purchase abilities for someone in Chicago are miserable. You could probably leave with an eighth at most. :(

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Illinois is still catching up to the rec game. It probably won't be until next year when you can reliably find decent quantities and prices on rec weed. And unless you have a medical card there, no growing.

Illinois really, really wants those tax dollars.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Epitope posted:

I'm there, and ethanol based tinctures are the answer. Unfortunately they're not really possible to sell, and the recipe is moderately complex. But it's not that hard, if you have an oven and no one will be mad about weed smell.

I don't know. Butter is simple and effective, and I have no real reason to branch out.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

klapman posted:

if you're on the upper peninsula it would only be mostly insane, but if lower then theres no hope... i'm in minnesota and have put serious thought into taking a bus to chicago to buy weed and then come home with an ounce or whatever

Aren't there a few dispensaries on the Scansin / Michigan border? I know there's a BUNCH down by Ohio and Indiana, specifically catering to out of state folks. Honestly shocked that Minnesota hasn't legalized yet

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Video Nasty posted:

As much fun as this sounds in theory, the out-of-state recreational purchase abilities for someone in Chicago are miserable. You could probably leave with an eighth at most. :(

What the gently caress... can you at least go to different stores and load up that way? I'm assuming they have ways of knowing if you try that but it doesn't hurt to check I guess

bagmonkey posted:

Aren't there a few dispensaries on the Scansin / Michigan border? I know there's a BUNCH down by Ohio and Indiana, specifically catering to out of state folks. Honestly shocked that Minnesota hasn't legalized yet

I had a look and it looks like lots of them have shut down, disappointing. And yeah it's bullshit lol, Minnesota is extremely repressed in all things it seems like.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

klapman posted:

What the gently caress... can you at least go to different stores and load up that way? I'm assuming they have ways of knowing if you try that but it doesn't hurt to check I guess

They have a statewide data base that keeps track of how much an individual is buying to prevent shop hopping. I believe out of state adults can posess up to 15g of flower, 250mg of concentrates, and I don't know much in edibles.

With taxes, you'd be looking at around $300-350 for a half ounce.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If there's any individual purchase tracking in IL, it probably works like CO where it's tracked at the stores, not a governmental program. So if you buy your limit at weed store chain A for the day, go to weed store chain B, because inter-company customer tracking doesn't really exist.

Before I got a medical card, I would drive up to Denver and shop at a few different stores, stocking up on a monthly trip instead of biweekly. By then, some companies started tracking customer purchases, so hitting multiple stores of the same chain was already ruled out.

May the weed gods help us if the state govs decide to use METRC to somehow track customer purchases and limits, poo poo barely functions for plant tracking.

E: well gently caress, Illinois is already ahead of that game. Didn't know that.

Lol. Those limits. Out of state here in CO is an oz of flower, 800mg of edibles, or 8g of concentrates. It was a quarter oz of flower back in the old days.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 9, 2020

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

May the weed gods help us if the state govs decide to use METRC to somehow track customer purchases and limits, poo poo barely functions for plant tracking.

Legalization is great because gently caress the war on drugs, but now we get all these corporate/state/bureaucrat vampires. I thought weed had the garlic property of vampires don't like it, but i guess that was just war on drugs propaganda :(

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My state is on the verge of legalization, How can i get into the industry before it explodes? There's one medical dispensary near me that has an opening for a bud tender, but i sent in a resume last week and haven't gotten a response yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If there's any individual purchase tracking in IL, it probably works like CO where it's tracked at the stores, not a governmental program. So if you buy your limit at weed store chain A for the day, go to weed store chain B, because inter-company customer tracking doesn't really exist.

Before I got a medical card, I would drive up to Denver and shop at a few different stores, stocking up on a monthly trip instead of biweekly. By then, some companies started tracking customer purchases, so hitting multiple stores of the same chain was already ruled out.

E: well gently caress, Illinois is already ahead of that game. Didn't know that.

Lol. Those limits. Out of state here in CO is an oz of flower, 800mg of edibles, or 8g of concentrates. It was a quarter oz of flower back in the old days.

Shhh don't give them any ideas...