Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those posts just drag down Main Event even lower than it is. Imagine if every time someone big was on AEW Dark they tweeted "Might not be on AEW Dynamite but I'll be on Dark and it's just as good haha please stop laughing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also Dark is actually a show where things happen and it doesn't feel like AEW doesn't care about it whatsoever.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dark is a show where you can see careers being made whereas Main Event is where you see careers go to die.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Also Dark exists solely to put over low-mid card guys and pad out their stats with wins so they can get a push on Dynamite later without it seeming odd. Almost nobody with a contract loses outside of Avalon, Cutler, Stunt and Nakazawa.

Edit: what he said.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Dark's also been used to get indie talent/newbie wrestlers a paycheck in a time where those can be vanishingly rare. Been really common for signed talent to get their pals a chance at being on a national promotion (like Mox did with Robert Anthony).

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dark is a multipurpose show for sure. It lets them pad the stats, it lets them have tryouts for potential future signees, it lets more green wrestlers build up experience and sometimes you get a couple of legit good matches out of it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dark feels every bit like how it felt to watch NXT while it was good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean yeah, that's my point. Everything they do related to Dark elevates the show and it would drag the show and the performers down if they were constantly tweeting like Ricochet or Ali do when they're on Main Event. Those tweets just make it worse.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

CarlCX posted:

Absolutely: Any of the several dozen Feed Me More-branded nutritional supplements Ryback will sell you from his website, which are seasoned with monkfruit and stevia rather than those icky things with sucralose, up to and including the $419.99 Everything pack which you could otherwise get for about two hundred bucks but it wouldn't have Ryback's catchphrase on it.

419.99!?

I'd be an idiot NOT to buy this.
*shoves hundreds of dollars worth of other supplements out of a cabinet and into the trash*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feed Me More is a top tier theme song

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Meat on the table
thats what you are
hamhmmnmmnnm
You won't get too far

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dark feels every bit like how it felt to watch NXT while it was good.

Yeah a lot of the matches are good and let you see some heavy offense from signed talent, and then every so often someone like Will Hobbs comes out and looks like a million bucks and you can just tell they're prepping them for eventual stardom.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

CarlCX posted:

Absolutely: Any of the several dozen Feed Me More-branded nutritional supplements Ryback will sell you from his website, which are seasoned with monkfruit and stevia rather than those icky things with sucralose, up to and including the $419.99 Everything pack which you could otherwise get for about two hundred bucks but it wouldn't have Ryback's catchphrase on it.

He probably would have sold more if he made it $420 exactly

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Also Dark is actually a show where things happen and it doesn't feel like AEW doesn't care about it whatsoever.

Dark is the reason half this forum popped when Will Hobbs showed up in the battle royal.

Dark is what makes Page / Omega only the second most important tag team breakup story in AEW.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
When you order the supplements you get a huge, fancy box that only contains a Post It note that says "try steroids".

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1303509434237440000?s=20

Dream mocking the fire velveteen Dream hashtag.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dude knows he is capable of getting away with whatever.

Perfect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow it's almost like every time the company covers for him, it just emboldens him to be even more of a shithead.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a huge stretch, but nkowing how tone deaf, evil, and hosed up WWE is:

Could they be trying to get Velveteen Dream's new catch phrase be "fire", or use that word in it. So that WWE can claim that #fireVelveteenDream is just fans engaging with social media, (no 3rd parties), in how much they love him and how much he is over. Let's give him a raise.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they aren't doing that then Dream was doing that for himself, so either way, Good poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

someone should slap the cameo logo on the poo poo he was sending to kids so vince will fire him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1303335897556037632

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's really good. Even if you think Vamp is full of poo poo, which he often is, there's some really compelling footage here of him reconnecting with his daughter, and even just from a wrestling perspective, has a bunch of footage from that one Triplemania where everything was going off the rails and Jarrett was drunk and throwing tortillas into the crowd, and Sexy Star shoot broke Rosemary's arm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Not sure if it is better or worse if HHH denies knowing the QAnon links here. Without them OUR is just a right wing vigilante group spreading child trafficking hysteria.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Not sure if it is better or worse if HHH denies knowing the QAnon links here. Without them OUR is just a right wing vigilante group spreading child trafficking hysteria.

extremely on brand for qanon idiots to ignore the multiple pedophiles surrounding them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Without implying in any way that Trips is a decent human being it's very possible the Drake just told him he was raising money for a child trafficking charity. It's the kind of thing sketchy charities/cults/etc. do all the time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They're using the name underground railroad to peddle their insane conspiracy about fake child trafficking? That's heinous. QAnon is a blight on the earth.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I can totally see HHH just being like "Yeah cool human trafficking sucks I'll sign this".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

They're using the name underground railroad to peddle their insane conspiracy about fake child trafficking? That's heinous. QAnon is a blight on the earth.

They also use their child trafficking theories to advocate for things like The Wall.

Rarity posted:

Without implying in any way that Trips is a decent human being it's very possible the Drake just told him he was raising money for a child trafficking charity. It's the kind of thing sketchy charities/cults/etc. do all the time.

With his close friend Road Dogg advocating for the same things Drake is I really doubt HHH wasn't aware of what he was doing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
HHH hearing about a charity auction: am I loving going over??

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I would absolutely not be surprised if he is completely within the wrestling bubble, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While yes, they use the idea of human trafficking to trick otherwise decent people into agreeing to something they're morally opposed to who don't know what its actually about, HHH is like one of the last guys in wrestling who deserves the benefit of the doubt on that.

Regardless, you should take 5 minutes to research a charity before you give it money and a public endorsement. WWE is a billion dollar corporation with a pr department. They can do their loving job if they don't want to be associated with the people they love to be associated with.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also we already know Wuertz doesn't keep quiet about it in the locker room, he got Road Dogg into it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Also we already know Wuertz doesn't keep quiet about it in the locker room, he got Road Dogg into it

And Bobby Fish, who is also involved in the auction, and Gunner, plus probably some others.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vagabundo posted:

I would absolutely not be surprised if he is completely within the wrestling bubble, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Nothing about HHH's history inclines me to give him the benefit of the doubt here

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Nothing about HHH's history inclines me to give him the benefit of the doubt here

But what about that totally not planted and fake story about Triple H and BLM??

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Regardless of how long it takes to happen, this world will be better off without WWE and the people involved in running it

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Pylons posted:

But what about that totally not planted and fake story about Triple H and BLM??

I thought that was Shawn Michaels.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TL posted:

I thought that was Shawn Michaels.

Different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Pylons posted:

Different story.

Then I'm not sure what this Triple H/BLM story is.