Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Been enjoying Ghost of Tsushima in a relaxing, time-wasting open world game sorta way- I like the use of visual indicators to guide you around the world if you want to just wander about for a while instead of setting waypoints and beelining directly towards objectives and it almost goes without saying that the game looks gorgeous but I wish they would have dropped a few mechanics to refine either the stealth or the combat a little bit

Maybe it's been too long since I've played a big-budget open world game or something but the amount of selectable poo poo seems to be straining the controller/UI

-The long range/thrown weapons/things that you aim: A bow, A Bigger Bow, Blowgun w/multiple types of ammo, a grenade thingy, two types of distraction/lure items

-Quickfire/non-aimed items: throwing kunai, a smoke bomb, another type of grenade that sticks to enemies when you throw it at them

-Stances: 4 different stances that correspond to the 4 different broad enemy type groups and are more effective at breaking their guard

-A few Special moves that chew up some of your Resolve in a tradeoff for doing some guaranteed big damage to your hapless enemies

-A sorta Devil-Trigger-ey thing you charge up by dispatching enemies without taking damage which allows you to instakill three of them

-A few other assorted moves that are performed from a run or jumping off your horse

Like holy poo poo there's just so much that I find myself forgetting to use it all drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

GoT rocks but a major criticism I have is that you have too many toys to play with, so many you can trivialize most fights. it seems clear to me that they had planned on doing their typical good path/ bad path stuff but decided against it at some point in development

something I just thought about is that the classes in the multiplayer mode will likely be way more limited, which is great

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Was wondering when I would ever be able to play the Ninja Gaiden games again. Why the gently caress are they not on Steam??? PS4/Switch for the trilogy next March.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/hong-kong-distributor-briefly-lists-ninja-gaiden-trilogy-for-ps4-and-switch-602900.phtml

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Was wondering when I would ever be able to play the Ninja Gaiden games again. Why the gently caress are they not on Steam??? PS4/Switch for the trilogy next March.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/hong-kong-distributor-briefly-lists-ninja-gaiden-trilogy-for-ps4-and-switch-602900.phtml

getting flashbacks to the metallic *plink* of unending super armor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to fight alongside the bondage titty ninja in 1080P

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The 7th Guest posted:

when will we get Mario Musou

Mario Warios Warriors

Ah, please look forward to Hyrule Warriors 8: Linkle and Bowsette’s Excellent Adventure* releasing in 2032, if video games still exist then.

*featuring rabbid peach from the devil may cry series.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

Now I sit in the void where I spend most of my life: the time between a musou game announcement and confirmation of whether or not it has splitscreen multiplayer.
it's using the BOTW engine, you'll be lucky if it even runs at a steady 30fps in single player

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

my favorite thing about this leak, is that if you look at the archived page people are getting this story from, the logo is from the ninja gaiden trilogy on the snes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

the WiiU has Xenoblade X on it which is the best Xenoblade game and is one of the best open-world games of all time so it gets a pass

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
$300 definitely seems like a good price point for Xbox Series S. the biggest question I have about it is whether it actually delivers on what MS is promising (next-gen visuals and performance at 1080p), or whether it ends up being more of an awkward halfway point between console generations; guess we'll have to wait for the Digital Foundry tests

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

the WiiU has Xenoblade X on it which is the best Xenoblade game and is one of the best open-world games of all time so it gets a pass

I finished all three Xenoblade games this year. In order though of what I liked, Chronicles 1, Xenoblade X, Chronicles 2 in a distant 3, I hated that game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

GoT rocks but a major criticism I have is that you have too many toys to play with, so many you can trivialize most fights. it seems clear to me that they had planned on doing their typical good path/ bad path stuff but decided against it at some point in development

something I just thought about is that the classes in the multiplayer mode will likely be way more limited, which is great

Yeah I mean there's not a lot there to elevate it above a typical open world game except a shitload of polish on everything- thankfully I really like the coat of paint it has over the bones of the gameplay

The Standoff mechanic is sick as hell though

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

"the best pixels"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1302133210411921409

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they keep saying smallest xbox but it doesn't actually look that small

but i guess that's just keeping the perpetual meme about the xbox going indefinitely

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I dunno, new Xbox looks small to me. A bit over 2.5 times the size of a controller is basically Micro ATX computer size.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
extremely cursed energy

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1303406482420051968

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Codeacious posted:

I dunno, new Xbox looks small to me. A bit over 2.5 times the size of a controller is basically Micro ATX computer size.

If that's accurately scaled it looks not that much bigger than a Wii U.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

That's much more reasonably priced than I had assumed it would be. Maybe I will sample some infinite Halo...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

If that's accurately scaled it looks not that much bigger than a Wii U.

The photo is actually taken through a microscope

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

"next gen performance"

Is that a bigass air intake? If so I'm impressed- seems like a lot of console designs in the past few years have had like laptop-level squished down airflow/heatsinks in the interest of making them as unobtrusive-looking as possible

might make it less noisy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Is that a bigass air intake? If so I'm impressed- seems like a lot of console designs in the past few years have had like laptop-level squished down airflow/heatsinks in the interest of making them as unobtrusive-looking as possible

might make it less noisy

Well, Microsoft has put giant loving air intakes on every console design since the original 360, because the red-ring debacle. So the remade 360, the One, The One X, they all have GIGANTIC vents. The entire case is basically a big vent with fans on it.

Sony on the other hand, yeah, they design slim laptop-level airflow. Because they're not clowns so they know how to handle heat management smarter. My sony consoles are always quieter and haven't had any issues.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm not sure about that. My Pro intermittantly sounds like jet engine.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, Microsoft has put giant loving air intakes on every console design since the original 360, because the red-ring debacle. So the remade 360, the One, The One X, they all have GIGANTIC vents. The entire case is basically a big vent with fans on it.

Sony on the other hand, yeah, they design slim laptop-level airflow. Because they're not clowns so they know how to handle heat management smarter. My sony consoles are always quieter and haven't had any issues.

one x doesnt, and is more powerful and quieter than the ps4 pro

and smaller!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao the PS4 has some terrible airflow. It never breaks but its the loudest machine in the known universe.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i like the way the ps2 looks

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

My sony consoles are always quieter and haven't had any issues.

I envy this. My base model PS4 sounds like it's either trying to take off for a transcontinental flight or just plain explode any time I play like Horizon Zero Dawn or Ghost of Tsushima on it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

whats the best looking console

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really just want consoles to not look like boring futuro-VCRs

Give me.. a like, green pyramid, also on little stilt legs for some reason

the disc tray is on the front so it kinda looks like the Illuminati symbol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sharrrk posted:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

sharrrk posted:

Probably one of the old Sega 8-bit ones, maybe one of the MSX variants if console-ish home computers count.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

sharrrk posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

sharrrk posted:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Stux posted:

one x doesnt, and is more powerful and quieter than the ps4 pro

and smaller!

What's that on the left side OP?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sharrrk posted:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I envy this. My base model PS4 sounds like it's either trying to take off for a transcontinental flight or just plain explode any time I play like Horizon Zero Dawn or Ghost of Tsushima on it.

If I forget to open the door to the little cubby-thing in the TV stand mine lives in it will just start hotboxing itself in there and screaming at me to open the door and get it some fresh air

otherwise the PS4 slim is pretty quiet for me- hear the fan RPMs kick up every once in a while for a few seconds but it's actually not too bad overall

I'm getting "cyber accordion"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sharrrk posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

What's that on the left side OP?

is your contention that the ps4 pro has no ventilation or do you just not own a pair of eyes, the side is ventilation on the ps4 pro as well.

that intake on the one x isnt giant. the one on the s, the original and the series s is giant. its literally a massive hole on top. the one x has a fantastic cooling design, much better than the one in the ps4 pro.