Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pugachev's Cobra also isn't a real dogfighting maneuver but what ya gonna do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eej posted:

Pugachev's Cobra also isn't a real dogfighting maneuver but what ya gonna do

Tell that to Champ.

(Well, you can't, since he's dead, but...)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I would like to amend that statement with "has never been documented to be used in real combat"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1302648071340175361

Also, one thing I noticed going over the trivia stuff...

Does this sound like Stanley? Is the pilot someone else?

What do you bet after swerving us the first time, this pilot actually is a woman, and it'll be revealed when Ryusui's gun knocks off her helmet?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://reddit.com/r/DrStone/comments/inwjgf/colored_a_ryusui_panel_from_chapter_164/

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Grimly Determined Ryusui sighed as he drew his revolver....

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

drat that shot was good looking.

So is the high speed yoyo the move they always did in Airwolf? I seem to recall they always took a sharp turn up, came down and stock footage exploded.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fabricated posted:

To be honest doing half of those maneuvers in primitive aircraft would have ripped the wings clean off of them.

Nah it's fine the castor oil fixed all of that.

Also re:ryusui with the pistol...did they ever like..fix it's rifling? wasnt that a thing they talked about when they first made it, that it was MOSTLY an intimidation tactic thing and not like. really useful as a gun

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Current thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ey_q1QziMU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Renzuko posted:

Also re:ryusui with the pistol...did they ever like..fix it's rifling? wasnt that a thing they talked about when they first made it, that it was MOSTLY an intimidation tactic thing and not like. really useful as a gun

You think Ryusui would covet a miss?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
hype!

Note Moz is holding the same spear as Hyuga. We’re about to see what the training has done for him.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The manga artist calling all the aerial maneuvers is great.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viz link for Chapter 164 (has double-page display, all the better to appreciate Boichi's gorgeous spreads)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Renzuko posted:

The showed a close-up last chapter, there's no rifling in the barrel. Depending on the ammunition it could still be fairly accurate though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dr stone is probably my favourite weekly release now since one piece gets an early scan as bad as it is

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dr Stone has been on fire since Ryusui and Francis joined.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'd say it started around when they first met the WHY-guy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

The showed a close-up last chapter, there's no rifling in the barrel. Depending on the ammunition it could still be fairly accurate though.

If theres no spin stabilization, depending on its speed it wont be accurate further than 20ish meters.
Unless senku has pulled another suprise and hes firing fin stabilized sabots or rifled shot.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 14, 2020

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There are some shotgun slugs designed to be fired out of smoothbore shotguns that are accurate to about 70m. Field-expedient, too.

The traditional inaccuracy of smoothbore guns comes from the ammo being smaller than the bore, so it would rattle down the barrel. The lack of a pointed tip increased wind resistance, there was no spin stabilization as you mentioned, and the black powder would foul and corrode the barrels unless obsessively maintained.

Since our science lad knows all this, I imagine his revolver is probably fairly accurate.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week: :piss:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sindai posted:

This week: :piss:

Just me laughing louder and louder and louder

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

As basic courtesy I've helpfully linked the new chapter, number 166.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

As basic courtesy I've helpfully linked the new chapter, number 166.

And I’ll form the Mangaplus

Good chapter

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

this entire chapter is just consecutive :supaburn: and i love it

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Hahahaha that last panel is gold. But seriously, Boichi, take a female anatomy drawing class, god drat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I love Inagaki when he does these insane teamup chapters. Everyone gets to show off and we get a Double mate!

Also...

SKULL.GIF posted:

What do you bet after swerving us the first time, this pilot actually is a woman, and it'll be revealed when Ryusui's gun knocks off her helmet?

:smaug:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Big gently caress yeah chapter. I guess that's it for the arc besides whatever they're building in the basement.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Big gently caress yeah chapter. I guess that's it for the arc besides whatever they're building in the basement.

We still need to check in on the drill team so i think we're in for another round of "you thought you had me in checkmate but ACTUALLY i have you in checkmate -- BUT ACTUALLY IT IS I WHO HAS YOU IN CHECKMATE"

its checkmates all the way down

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Sub Harrison posted:

I thought that was the submarine? I'm probably wrong.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1302648071340175361

Dude, you called it, nice job.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

rannum posted:

We still need to check in on the drill team so i think we're in for another round of "you thought you had me in checkmate but ACTUALLY i have you in checkmate -- BUT ACTUALLY IT IS I WHO HAS YOU IN CHECKMATE"

Just a long series of people jumping out from behind curtains going HA HAA!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

rannum posted:

The whole "bad guy describes war as a game of chess" trope is so overused and I'm glad Zeno got instantly punished for breaking out the chess board.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I made an indescribable noise at that final page

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

The whole "bad guy describes war as a game of chess" trope is so overused and I'm glad Zeno got instantly punished for breaking out the chess board.

Obviously, we need more variety of game metaphors.

"So you see, this whole time you were trapped in a hanami ko!"

"This time, Senku, you won't pass go or collect 200 dollars!"

"That was your mistake. You little gambit tells me it was Professor Plum, in the Parlor, with a sniper rifle."

"What you didn't know, Professor Xeno, was that this square... IS A TRIPLE WORD SCORE!"

"Do I have wood for sheep? I think you'll find that you were the one with wood for sheep."

And of course

"BOGGLE!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KfU69_up02Y

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Obviously, we need more variety of game metaphors.

"So you see, this whole time you were trapped in a hanami ko!"

"This time, Senku, you won't pass go or collect 200 dollars!"

"That was your mistake. You little gambit tells me it was Professor Plum, in the Parlor, with a sniper rifle."

"What you didn't know, Professor Xeno, was that this square... IS A TRIPLE WORD SCORE!"

"Do I have wood for sheep? I think you'll find that you were the one with wood for sheep."

And of course

"BOGGLE!"

“You’ve triggered my trap card: worlds strongest primate high schooler!”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The constant gambits and reversals were the best part of Eyeshield 21 (Inagaki's previous work) and I'm very happy Dr. Stone has kept the spirit of Hiruma alive.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caught up after putting this off for a while and everything happening in the last few chapter has been making me go "HELL YEAH"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Truly elegant, Chapter 167

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chrome is truly the baaaaadest science user around, it's true