Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Video game consoles aren’t art

:hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haven’t seen that little guy in a while

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Gonna be disappointed when the new hyrule warriors character list doesn't live up to my unreasonably long wishlist of player characters

I wouldn't expect a lot of characters outside of BOTW

But I'm pretty happy as long as I can play as not-Darunia

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Nothing compares to the Cray Research XMP, the supercomputer that is also your sitting room kiosk.

Look at this absolute unit.

This came with a 4GB Solid State Drive in 1986.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the gamecube is cool and is really the only Nintendo console that had a design that was anything more than "functional" (I guess the NES also had "don't remind people of an Atari 2600" as a design philosophy), but every so often I look at the sad broken 360 sitting on my shelf and think "man that thing looks good"

I like the curve, I like the cool glowy button (when it's not RROD'd), I think it's the only console that's tried to have a design that isn't just "Big Cable Box" or "bland grey/black cart machine" that doesn't look goofy as poo poo.

I also really like the design of the DSi, it's easily the best looking Nintendo handheld, it's a shame it's a pointless, poorly made waste of space.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like all the weird limited edition (3)DSs + the New 3DS with the different face plates was kind of cool (but i bought the monster hunter N3DSXL instead)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKTwEbSYgo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the 360 looks like garbage

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

Nothing compares to the Cray Research XMP, the supercomputer that is also your sitting room kiosk.

Look at this absolute unit.

Absolutely glorious!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the GBA SP was also good, though I never owned one

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

mods

mod

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

That'd be a pretty tiny cast tbh, slim pickings.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

hell yeah. tuck that poo poo into your long-sleeved t-shirt and play some tactics ogre in the basketball coach's "algebra" "class"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gooooood dammit I locked myself out of the good Parasite Eve 2 ending. I'd been exploring very thoroughly but apparently there was a gate you needed to open and if you left the screen it was on you're locked out forever. It wasn't just a "I'll come back later" decision, I never even saw it...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Gooooood dammit I locked myself out of the good Parasite Eve 2 ending. I'd been exploring very thoroughly but apparently there was a gate you needed to open and if you left the screen it was on you're locked out forever. It wasn't just a "I'll come back later" decision, I never even saw it...

jrpg.txt

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also this game is very aggressive with the "you need to examine everything multiple times" because in the first ten minutes of the game I missed a keycard by not examining a door three times that now, eight hours later, unlocks the big armory with a ton of good poo poo inside

Currently thinking about if I should just finish the bad ending (no normal ending just good/bad) or just reset now and initiate speedrun mode

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Stux posted:

the 360 looks like garbage

gotta agree

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sounds like the kind of bad design decisions that end up in bad games

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
parasite eve 2 was a strange one to be sure

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's called the xbox 360 because you turn 360 degrees then flush the toilet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish there was a new Ogre Battle game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Granted

Mobile exclusive with gacha units

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I said come in! posted:

You know that sort of wish results in mobile gatcha garbage.

E: ah fudge

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

OB64 is legit one of my top ten all time faves and I am baffled why no one, absolutely NO ONE, has attempted to ape the gameplay style ever. It's one of the most unique strategy games I've ever played because I can't find any other game that does what it does.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

But I'm pretty happy as long as I can play as not-Darunia

I hope they make Kass and Sidon playable somehow.

In the meantime I'll play as not-Falco.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

I wish there was a new Tactics Ogre game.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

one time i found an xbox 360 abandoned on a sidewalk near my office building. i picked it up and took it back to the office and plugged it in, not expecting it to do anything, but it powered on and appeared to run normally. it was one of the really old ones without hdmi so i didn’t have any way to connect it to a display and i never got around to getting the a/v connector, then when i quit that job i left it there. a year or so ago my old coworker texted me about it and asked if i wanted it or he should give it away. so that’s three people, i guess, who didn’t give a poo poo about this xbox

May 8, 2006

top 3 non-handheld consoles:

PS2
SNES
Switch

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SeXReX posted:

Sounds like the kind of bad design decisions that end up in bad games

victrix posted:

jrpg.txt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am sorry to report that the latest pizza was a complete disaster. The hydration being so low meant that it was basically a brittle cracker. (I still ate it though)

Would I be able to salvage the other half of the dough by adding water or something at this point or is it too far gone

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am sorry to report that the latest pizza was a complete disaster. The hydration being so low meant that it was basically a brittle cracker. (I still ate it though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmuATH2yzo

I'm sorry, this is the worst pun I think I've ever made

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Same

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh whoops I forgot that I split the dough into halves so I added twice as much water and it turned to batter, I have to add more flour to get back to the right level. I worry that I am throwing good flour after bad at this point.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

whenever the shrek reboot comes out i'm sure there'll be a licensed game that has lots of ogre battling

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

LawfulWaffle posted:

I would be interested in knowing more about why people think Arcanum doesn’t work. I would say that the industrial towns are all too similar and there are too many ways to build a bad character, but I’m a little surprised to learn that it has a reputation for being underbaked. I remember watching my friend go through the Tarant jewelers basement soon after it was released and it’s been kind of burned in my mind ever since. Beating it last week was cathartic.

So having no recent experience with the game (I bounced off it at launch and have never felt the urge to revisit) I actually texted my father and simply went "what's wrong with it?". Allow me to transcribe what I got back as best as possible (he's a little typo-y).

BIRTHED ME SCOOB posted:

I've tried two different characters so far. I think I built the first one badly because every combat was like stabbing myself in the gut, so I decided to be a mage. This game doesn't reward you for making class choices it punishes you. I leveled up after playing it careful and suddenly I can't fast travel anymore because I'm too magical for trains. I go looking around for guides and everyone describes "well of course you know that at X level you're gonna be too much so beeline for teleport spells" but I didn't know that, and the game clearly wanted me to, because now I'm stuck hoofing it around the world tongue punching bears if I need to revisit areas. I'm still not sure if there's an actual story going on in this game either, and to top it off your mother hates the sound, so I have to play it quiet or with headphones on now that she works from home.

I'm probably just going to reinstall Might and Magic this week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK at this point I give up, according to my super imprecise guesstimation the dough hydration should be around 60% which is still super low but it's a super tacky blob that cannot be rolled or kneaded.

I'm gonna throw it in the fridge and just fire it in a cast iron pan tomorrow. If it turns out like some pizza pancake, then whatever, it was a learning moment

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK at this point I give up, according to my super imprecise guesstimation the dough hydration should be around 60% which is still super low but it's a super tacky blob that cannot be rolled or kneaded.

I'm gonna throw it in the fridge and just fire it in a cast iron pan tomorrow. If it turns out like some pizza pancake, then whatever, it was a learning moment

If the hydration is too high now, just try and make it into breadsticks

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Or garlic knots! If it can be tied somehow.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

water you gonna dough about it :dadjoke:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh whoops, you know what, I realize I've had a brain fart and instead of calculating percentage of flour I had been doing it off the whole mixture, meaning... it's actually 140% hydration right now?

Thank you for listening to my dough woes, here's a game thing

(I won this duel)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The new Densha De Go game is finally getting a home port https://twitter.com/sqexdenshadego/status/1303513533934530560