Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Helter Skelter posted:

It does, but I think the question was more about whether you can run out on the way there.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can.

I ran up against the 3 slot limit and had to inject some stuff before I could subsume again. I'm not sure if running up against the 10 slot limit will even be possible, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
(((Panzer Vulpaphyla + Synth Fiber + Synth Deconstruct) x Health Conversion) + Arcane Ultimatum) x Banshee = lol

~3000 armor on my beautiful alien queen. I keep flipping back and forth between MFD, Defy and Breach Surge as her Helminth ability. All of them are fantastic in their own way, but so far Breach Surge is the funniest

I think they forgot about the Synth set when they made the Vulpaphyla honestly, health orbs everywhere

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 8, 2020

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Soothing Vapors posted:

(((Panzer Vulpaphyla + Synth Fiber + Synth Deconstruct) x Health Conversion) + Arcane Ultimatum) x Banshee = lol

~3000 armor on my beautiful alien queen. I keep flipping back and forth between MFD, Defy and Breach Surge as her Helminth ability. All of them are fantastic in their own way, but so far Breach Surge is the funniest

I think they forgot about the Synth set when they made the Vulpaphyla honestly, health orbs everywhere

Breach Surge Banshee sounds hilarious. Definitely trying that out. Million-damage head-seeking missiles on a build with crazy range and strength?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

As far as I understand the new damage system I want viral + heat for everything but infested if I’m not doing a crit/slash build . What elements should I be running against infested?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

It does, but I think the question was more about whether you can run out on the way there.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can.

I made the mistake of subsuming 3 fairly useless warframes to start and now I'm stuck at that 3 cap till I grind out some helminth rep somehow.

I also only have 4 scintillant despite lots of vault forays. I'm bad at deimos

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Echophonic posted:

Breach Surge Banshee sounds hilarious. Definitely trying that out. Million-damage head-seeking missiles on a build with crazy range and strength?

Oh god, that's going to be stupid with Savage Silence isn't it? I'd have to tinker with my build a bit since it currently doesn't really care about range but if I can just send out backstab missiles everywhere this is worth experimenting with.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh god, that's going to be stupid with Savage Silence isn't it? I'd have to tinker with my build a bit since it currently doesn't really care about range but if I can just send out backstab missiles everywhere this is worth experimenting with.

I was thinking Sonar and it's stupidity, but I could see Savage Silence working.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Echophonic posted:

yeah hahaha

it's pretty excellent

YoshiOfYellow posted:

sonar is what makes breach surge so excellent, because even quickmelee shoots off massive instadeath sparks. you're not guaranteed a spark with every finisher sadly

Savage Silence works better with MFD, turning your finishers into small aoe nukes

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Wiki says that any enemy killed while affected by the blind is a 100% spark release chance. I'd have to play around with it later when/if I can get the motherfucking bile required for all this poo poo. Either way it sounds hilarious and great.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1303437612242407427?s=20

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah hahaha

it's pretty excellent

sonar is what makes breach surge so excellent, because even quickmelee shoots off massive instadeath sparks. you're not guaranteed a spark with every finisher sadly

Savage Silence works better with MFD, turning your finishers into small aoe nukes

Can you post your banshee build? I really want to get into banshee, but could never get her off the ground satisfactorily enough

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

throw to first drat IT posted:

Just being safe here, but buying from the ingame store gives you base version, not prime.

Yeah, the sets I'm thinking of are on the war frame web page. There are trinity prime and nova prime, as well as a combo that gives you both. I *think* these are relatively recent additions to the store. I was doing a bunch of research on support frames a little while back and this package didn't show up. $60 gets you-

1200 Platinum
Trinity & Nova Prime
Dual Kamas Prime
Soma Prime
Vasto Prime
Kavasa Kubrow Prime Collar
Edo Prime Armor Set
Velorum Prime Sigil
Naviga Prime Sugatra
Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor
Prime Gene Masking Kit & Incubator Upgrade Segment
Trinity Prime Glyphs
Nova Prime Glyphs

The two frames are available separately for $40, with appropriately segregated bonus content and a paltry 400 plat.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Guilty posted:

Can you post your banshee build? I really want to get into banshee, but could never get her off the ground satisfactorily enough

This is what I'm using currently for mostly vanilla Banshee. I currently have Helminth Empower on there since it does boost both Sonar and Savage Silence but one of the other abilities mentioned above will be better and more exciting.

The idea of Savage Silence is you have very low range so that you can move out and reapply it's stun on things if needed. You run around and eviscerate things with melee finishers. Using the Skiajati katana will give you loads of stealth and when Arcane Trickery procs you get 30s of perfect stealth to just murder poo poo with your favorite gun because Banshee passively silences all weaponry. It's real good poo poo. Arcane Energize really isn't necessary since your Silence lasts a very long time so you could throw something else in that slot.

Sonar is Sonar. You make weak spots for massive damage with your favorite warcrime guns. Flow + Quick Thinking give you survivability on an otherwise fragile frame while Pain Threshold keeps you from getting stunned too much. If you aren't as lovely as me you can probably get away with trying other mods in those spots. Natural Talent would probably be great if I felt like spending an exilus and throwing another forma into her.

I have a Quake build too but it's not really anything but a gimmick for smacking low level stuff around.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 8, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I got a kuva nukor last night and apparently past me hosed up by spawning a radiation lich with it. :shepface:

I know I can just fix it later but I'm also very lazy about actually leveling these drat things much less getting duplicates. On that note what is the preferred element to slap onto this? I imagine heat since basically every gun build these days goes for Heat + Viral outside of Deimos.

Radiation isn't a terrible damage type to have.

Ideally you probably either want Toxic (goes into all kinds of combos and makes them stronger) or Heat (goes well as a rider with whatever combo you mod for) but you really haven't messed up that badly to begin with.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Well, okay, this turned out to be a long post, so whatever, here goes.

flatluigi posted:

alright! so, what in general do various builds across various frames use to help survivability? are there intrinsics from ML, arcanes, operator passives, companion mods I haven't seen, or are people just killing poo poo fast as they can?

Depends! Arcane Guardian is able to turn any frame into an armor tanker, and its one of those sweet sweet quality of life mods things arcanes makes everything so much easier once you get it. The secret to guardian is that its a flat armor increase, so like, mag can go up to rhino levels.

Grace can make your already tanky frame sustainable-ish and ignore a certain amount of damage, particularly when combined with survivability mods.

Its not that expensive either, and might be worth buying/bumming/borrowing a low rank ones.

Shield gating helps a lot!

Operators do too.

Its easy to miss, but leveled frames do get certain benefits like health/shields/energy base in between their powers getting better. That might make a difference if you're used to playing 30 frames.

Some of it's strategy: You can get away with going into higher level content than you can afford with your mods if, say, you have magus repair. When you're about to die or your shield gate breaks, you hit 5 and cloak a second.

For casual use? a high rank and/or umbral steel fiber / vitality is good. I'd say 6-8 is a minimum to shoot for.

Dogs and Pets can also contribute to your survivability in the form of a mod that makes damage they do heal you. its rather popular on Venari/khora, for example, for free healing.

Adaptation is the big one though.
Its an additional layer of damage reduction in addition to armor. Worth the 20 plat on the market or whatever. Its major secret is it gives your shields more oomph.
Its worth noting that adaptation is actually plenty usable/good at medium-low ranks instead of medium-high-max like other survival mods: Leveling it up changes the decay rate(good) and the amount of resists per shot, but not the max resist(always the same). If you're in heavy combat getting dinged a little constantly, like say in survival? You can get away with a 15 second or lower 'make sure i get shot to keep the resistance cap up' window.

v1ld posted:

Blog post on Dethcube energy/health orb generation since it helps with both energy and survivability. Nothing new here, just a summary of learned-from-others wisdom.

Dude, you forgot the most important part of this combo.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synth_Fiber
code:
An unlisted benefit to this mod is that it allows for all Health Orbs to be picked up without needing to be below full health. 

Emphasis mine:
You can pair it with one of the Synth set mods, Deconstruct, to also let it generate health orbs on kill. There's also another Synth mod, Fiber, that lets Dethcube get extra armor whenever you take in a health orb and also enables you to pick up health orbs constantly, even at full health , thus enabling Equilibrium to create a constant source of energy to the warframe, even while the warframe uses a channeling power or has poor efficiency.

Inzombiac posted:

Is there an easy way to farm Simaris rep?

Doing hunts feels really slow.
Yeah, so If you scan an unalerted enemy you get double standing payout.

Enemies are worth more points the higher level they are.

Thats why I've been doing simaris standing on steel path void captures in ivara, thanks for coming to my ted talk. (around 400 for a single scan before the chance of widget means its pretty easy to cap out)

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I got a kuva nukor last night and apparently past me hosed up by spawning a radiation lich with it. :shepface:

I know I can just fix it later but I'm also very lazy about actually leveling these drat things much less getting duplicates. On that note what is the preferred element to slap onto this? I imagine heat since basically every gun build these days goes for Heat + Viral outside of Deimos.
So, there's these really lovely common drop arcanes that basically have no use, except for one of them. I'm talking about the 'specific status effect' resist ones: At max rank, it will allow you to safely never get affected by a particular status.
All of them are useless outside of super niche cases, except the magnetic one: its crucial quality of life for eidolon hunts.

They're so bad, everyone forgot about the anti-radiation arcane, even after liches came around.

You might want to consider getting one for lich content as they are dirt cheap, and being rad meaprocced ns you can't rez allies. Radiation is a good damage type for kuva weapons! This arcane trivializes the hastle of getting them.

https://warframe.market/items/arcane_healing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I gotta start going through Steel Path.

When I first tried it, I wasn't using great items and couldn't kill a single enemy. I assume Octavia trivializes it since Mallet reflects and scales?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Guilty posted:

Here's my Reso build. Pretty similar to YoshiOfYellow's. I don't so Savage Silence, but i probably could/should.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
are the helminth's infested abilities affected by power strength? I don't want to throw mobility on nova in place of her portal and find that I'm slowed by it

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Dude, you forgot the most important part of this combo.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synth_Fiber
code:
An unlisted benefit to this mod is that it allows for all Health Orbs to be picked up without needing to be below full health. 

I did mention it, but buried it in the bit about Health Conversion when it's more useful than just that for sure. :downs:

v1ld fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 8, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

hazardousmouse posted:

are the helminth's infested abilities affected by power strength? I don't want to throw mobility on nova in place of her portal and find that I'm slowed by it

It is, so it'll be bad on Speedva but good on Slowva.

Empower, Master's Summons, Rebuild Shields, Perspicacity, and Energized Munitions are all Unaffected by Strength.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gameko posted:

Yeah, the sets I'm thinking of are on the war frame web page. There are trinity prime and nova prime, as well as a combo that gives you both. I *think* these are relatively recent additions to the store. I was doing a bunch of research on support frames a little while back and this package didn't show up. $60 gets you-

1200 Platinum
Trinity & Nova Prime
Dual Kamas Prime
Soma Prime
Vasto Prime
Kavasa Kubrow Prime Collar
Edo Prime Armor Set
Velorum Prime Sigil
Naviga Prime Sugatra
Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor
Prime Gene Masking Kit & Incubator Upgrade Segment
Trinity Prime Glyphs
Nova Prime Glyphs

The two frames are available separately for $40, with appropriately segregated bonus content and a paltry 400 plat.

If you are intent on buying Trinity Prime with money, you could instead save a lot and just get it from other players:

https://warframe.market/items/trinity_prime_set

30p for the full set plus another 20p for a reactor. Far cheaper and is typically by far the better option vs buying frames from DE. Admittedly this one specifically is a little iffy though just because you are new and are very unlikely to have that daunting 9,000 cryotic to build her:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Trinity/Prime

You could consider Oberon as well, since you're looking for a support frame. He's a lot more fun and less spammy than Trinity imo, who's just kind of either an EV-bot of a Bless-bot. The normal version is extremely easy to build to the point that you may already have the parts.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

v1ld posted:

Blog post on Dethcube energy/health orb generation

Guilty posted:

Steel Path Kuva fortress elimination mission, use Ivara, and an aoe weapon.

quoting to save these beautiful guides

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

e: nm, already responded to this :shepface:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

skaianDestiny posted:

If anyone hasn't, give the Necraloid lore entries a listen to. They're absolute marvels of story telling and voice acting. DE really nailed the Gothic/Lovecraftian horror feel.

It's written by Andy Chambers of 40k fame, so this much is a given.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

v1ld posted:

- So pump that up even more with Enhanced Vitality.

Link Health is better

e: i wish sentinels could equip link health!!!

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 9, 2020

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Ok yeah, the Necraloid lore entries are great, and the voice acting really makes it. That's Stefan Rudnicki, who has also done a bunch of audiobooks, including SF classics like Ender's Game. Props to DE on perfect casting there.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Actually a quck aesthetic question about Defy.

Does using it on another frame still summon the staff like the default Wukong animation?

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Vargs posted:

If you are intent on buying Trinity Prime with money, you could instead save a lot and just get it from other players:

I thought you could only trade blueprints? I already went through a bit of a search through the player market.

Looked at a few noob guides on the Internet and they recommended getting Loki and rhino ASAP as some good beginner frames. They also recommended fusing whatever elements you had and the common damage bonus mods (serration for rifles, etc).

So far I’m rocking Excalibur and Ember and started building rhino. I’m quite unimpressed with rifle damage and melee feels much more powerful and viable. I’ve got fire and electricity with serration on my rifle (upgraded to level 5), plus whatever junk was lying around in the extra slots.

Should I focus more on opening planets, farming blueprints, or doing quests? How can I get a rifle that’s more (or as) effective as running to enemies and whacking them with a sword?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Gameko posted:

I thought you could only trade blueprints? I already went through a bit of a search through the player market.

All prime bits are tradable, blueprint or not. In fact, if you manufacture it from the blueprint, you can't trade the finished product any more.

So yeah, you can buy trinity from another player, and also during any unvaulting those frames are in the drop tables and able to be earned somehow. (the extra supply tends to drop the price a lot as well)

Also, this is why its fairly easy to make plat in warframe: You can more or less always just run relics and sell the extras. Even the shittiest part has its uses/value for ducats and that makes it have a baseline value.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 9, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

finding caches is the worst and it took me 30 minutes to track down this one

note where I am on the minimap

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 9, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I have Naeglar Hive Sabotage caches down to a science and that's where I always go for cache hunting. It helps that it's a regular nightmare/kuva flood spawn location as well.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gameko posted:

Should I focus more on opening planets, farming blueprints, or doing quests? How can I get a rifle that’s more (or as) effective as running to enemies and whacking them with a sword?

Your priority should absolutely be unlocking planets until you are far enough along that you can start and complete the Second Dream and War Within quests. I have a hard time recommending what to do gun-wise since it's been so long since I was low MR and a lot has changed since then. I liked the Hek and Vectis a lot back then but who knows if they hold up compared to melee at this point

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gameko posted:

Looked at a few noob guides on the Internet and they recommended getting Loki and rhino ASAP as some good beginner frames. They also recommended fusing whatever elements you had and the common damage bonus mods (serration for rifles, etc).

So far I’m rocking Excalibur and Ember and started building rhino. I’m quite unimpressed with rifle damage and melee feels much more powerful and viable. I’ve got fire and electricity with serration on my rifle (upgraded to level 5), plus whatever junk was lying around in the extra slots.

What's your Mastery rank?

A while back they did a "balance pass" where they took all the good low-MR guns and bumped up their level requirements to stop newbies from having any fun or something, so there aren't many more stand-out popular options at low levels. The Hek shotgun is still a great option at MR4, or the Vectis at MR2 if you're into sniper rifles and clickin' heads.

The other big reason rifles aren't as good as melee early on is that the best mods for them are rarer in the early game. Talk to some goons in clan chat and they'll hook you up with nice mods like Split Chamber, Point Strike/Vital Sense, Vigilante Armaments, and a set of all four elements. Long time players have loads of 'em and you only ever need one of each. (Shotguns and secondary weapons each have a different set of mods, so watch out.)

Quests mostly reward new warframe blueprints and the like so they're very much worth doing eventually, but if you don't wanna build a new frame at the moment you're better off just progressing through the star chart.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Gameko posted:

I can't speak to Loki and Rhino, because my first new frame was Vauban from the Nightwave stuff. I was very pleased with him and would actually recommend him for a noob frame, because a lot of his stuff is set-it-and-forget-it, letting you focus more on basic skills like flips and jumps. He's not incredibly flashy (I say about the guy with control of an orbital laser cannon), but he's allowed me to consistently punch above my weight throughout the star chart.

Melee is very high-powered by design, they really want this game to feel like you're a ninja rather than Space Shootyman 5398502. Especially at low Mastery Ranks, you're going to be finding a lot more interesting melee weapons than guns. Some of the early guns that I've felt were fun:
  • Boar (A full-auto shotgun, though that has the problem of needing different mods than basically every other primary)
  • Boltor (basically a full-auto harpoon gun, you'll nail fuckers to the wall left and right)
  • Furis (Machine pistol, comes in normal, Mk1, and akimbo variants, all three count towards mastery rank)
  • Hikou (shuriken, I got a lucky early drop of Concealed Explosives, which makes thrown weapons explode. Even without it, it's kinda fun just lodging throwing stars in enemies)
  • Bronco (tiny shotgun, here mostly because of the Dizzying Rounds mod, which stuns close-range enemies and opens them to melee finishers. Clip size and reload speed are piss, though)

Basically, if you want the visceral feeling of "I clicked on that man and he fell apart" that melee gives you, you'll usually need a sniper rifle, shotgun, or bow, and all three have their drawbacks. Although once you get to MR 8, get yourself a Fulmin. It's a select-fire gun, either a single heavy shot (that's also silenced) or full-auto fire. Plus, it's electric. Very fun to use, and it kills things like nobody's business.

Echoing previous advice to ask for basic mods in clan chat, most people will have literally dozens they can spare. May need to go on some credit farming missions or spend a few days trading due to how the trade system works, but not needing to worry about that kind of thing is a huge QoL boost. Otherwise, just level your gear, progress through the star map (Try and do every node on a planet at least once, you get MR for clearing missions the first time, and having all nodes done unlocks Nightmare missions that drop good mods), and have fun.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Guys I just got my first lich and if I knew there was a way to add like, 10 more acrobatic murders to every mission I would have done this way sooner.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

You will come to regret it in time. Are YOU IGNORING ME TENNO

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

genericnick posted:

You will come to regret it in time. Are YOU IGNORING ME TENNO

I feel like a kubrow trying to fathom a card trick.

So I was just thinking idly, and wondered how many potential missions could stack up on one node. There's the normal mission, a specific quest mission (If different missions use the same node it would increase the count, but I doubt any do), Nightmare, Syndicate, Invasion, Rift, Kuva, lich controlled, Sortie, event/alert missions... I feel like I'm missing some.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
They really need to add more Lich personalities. I mean even just adding the other gender to the existing personalities would vary it up enough. Don't even need to change the voice lines.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Today I shoved 5 forma into my Kuva Nukor and it has not been a disappointment. This thing just completely liquefies everything I point it at like a nuclear powered hair dryer. Also got myself a 44% Elec Bramma and a Vengeful Shock Ephemera from a quick lich today. :toot: It's been a productive day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

Guys I just got my first lich and if I knew there was a way to add like, 10 more acrobatic murders to every mission I would have done this way sooner.

One of the biggest problems with liches is that it isn't for every mission - it's just for lich missions that are isolated from everything else in the game.