Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Question IRL posted:

I'm not giving away specific legal advice for free on a dead comedy forums.
Like this would literally be what I'm paid to do.

Don't worry she's not gonna read it man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hanging up on Gemma after having her on the line all evening promising the perfect legal advice for just 10k 😔

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

cormac posted:

Yeah, but your assuming that the point of the court case is to win rather than attract patreon or gofundme donations. The grift is what they care about, not the legal case.

So the whole point of the case was to attract attention to their cause, or grift money from people who believe that people’s rights are being suppressed?
But they know that the case is a no hoper, so they are going to get stung for costs by the State, potentially running into the realm of 50-250 Grand, because multiple arms of the State have had to defend themselves.
So Gemma think that she will save some money by not hiring her own council (which will be smaller than the State’s fees) but will still come out on top money wise even after paying the bill for the State for this failed case.

Like how much grift money does she think she is going to get here? Ireland’s not like the US where there are millions of rubes who think masks are the first steps to the NWO.

Southpaugh posted:

Don't worry she's not gonna read it man.

Oh probably not. Like I know Gemma herself doesn’t have an account here. But I’m sure there are plenty of people who lurk and read threads without posting, and there is no guarantee that those people are not 5G whackjobs, and it gets passed onto her or someone like her.

At the moment I’ve been out of work for nearly six months now as the majority of the courts are closed. And while I’m collecting Unemployment payments, I’d prefer to be back in court working.
And then during the week one of the Civil Servants in charge of the Courts Services goes to the Irish Times to say that some lawyers are making a fortune out of Covid (spoiler warning. We aren’t.) and the whole subject just becomes touchy.

I guess I’d just like to be getting paid to give out career stuff.

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

So the whole point of the case was to attract attention to their cause, or grift money from people who believe that people’s rights are being suppressed?
But they know that the case is a no hoper, so they are going to get stung for costs by the State, potentially running into the realm of 50-250 Grand, because multiple arms of the State have had to defend themselves.
So Gemma think that she will save some money by not hiring her own council (which will be smaller than the State’s fees) but will still come out on top money wise even after paying the bill for the State for this failed case.

Never said it was a good plan, or that it would work, it just struck me at the time that multiple people in the US (https://www.dailydot.com/debug/shelley-luther-gofundme https://ie.gofundme.com/f/mk6ez-atilis-bellmawr-court-relief) in the US had said up fundraising drives on the back of breaching lockdown rules by opening businesses that were supposed to be closed, and done very well out of it. O'Doherty and Waters move in the same online circles as the US anti lockdown freaks, so I think it's entirely possible they saw people making bank out of getting dragged in to court and thought they'd try the same.

I suppose it comes down to how much you believe they're motivated by malice and how much is down to stupidity, but personally I lean more towards malice, particularly where O'Doherty is concerned. Waters I'm less sure about, his court case over parking tickets a few years ago suggests he's a loving moron who doesn't know when he's beaten.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I can't believe that 5G gave me Co.V.I.D!!!

Cool Video and Internet Downloading

Seriously, having 5G in a rural area is nuts and feels like a step up. Constisant 1080p streaming or even just streaming games using GeForce Now is crazy compared to the download hiccups we kept having with 2.4G. Even just downloading a podcast in 18 seconds compared to 5-8 minutes is a big jump.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's some evidence that the bandwidth used by 5G will interfere with weather satellites used by the relevant American body, so the worldwide model of prediction will suffer from it, but the way things are going these days we should just be assuming hurricanes and taking cover when we can see the monster storms coming.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
apparently there was mad craic in killarney last night lol

Mackers fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 31, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
One whole class of Primary school babas have been sent home already

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh joy... :(

At least they said that school closures would be kept to the local area, rather than county wide or that. But it might be a sign of things to come.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It is. We all knew it was going to happen but they insisted because "the economy".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My favorite detail of the story is how all the siblings of kids in that class still have to go to school because of course

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
:smithicide:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol second class gone now! Woooo

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Wait, for the same school or...

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
How the Internet Works

https://v.redd.it/sqeuvfqcvpk51

always wanted to know. v interesting!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PowerBeard posted:

Wait, for the same school or...

Nope different school. Since I posted an other school shut for a week because multiple staff members have it.

I genuinely didn't think stuff like this would happen quite as fast as it has

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 2, 2020

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The way the virus spreads leads to exponential growth in the numbers. "Opening back up" is fantasy. If you think this is bad wait till you see what happens when the pubs reopen.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Christ, the pubs alone are giving me anxiety.

I tried going to the pool and gym this week, they seem to be running a tight ship of booking sessions in advance and having like 6-8 people max per area. Still terrified of how things will go in a weeks time, but I'll live in hope.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
A few weeks back I saw the head of the WHO hoping that this would be under control within two years and it'll actually turn into a seasonal flu type thing going forward, with yearly vaccine updates to try fend off the new strains. He was all "the 1918 flu lasted until 1920 so if we can do better that would be great".

That's what we are looking at here, assuming the US election doesn't gently caress things. Forget opening the pubs.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just saw Gemtrails' crew have arrived in the carpark at the north end of Bray seafront, presumably to prep for her mass protest of at least 6 people at the garda station today. No sign of the woman herself, and John Waters appears to be attending in poster form only.

edit: oh my god, their posters are hilariously inept :D This protest has been advertised for the last week and they are handwriting slogans on the back of JW old election posters in sharpie, in the car-park. Made the classic mistake of not sizing your lettering to the space so it's all END POLICE OPPRession

Aha, they tried to make the slogan more visible by going over it a few times in pen and now the ink's all run and 'police' is unreadable.

These people are such chumps.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 5, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My Fiance said there were people out there still at 5. Walking home at six from work and it looks like the rain sent em home

Edit: One of them had a bodhrán!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 5, 2020

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Not sure if this should go here or the UK thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54073836

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

PeterCat posted:

Not sure if this should go here or the UK thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54073836

Post in both because this continues to be an amazing train wreck!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

http://arethebritsatitagain.com/

:(

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I see Conor is up to his old tricks (sexual assault)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
And the nazis are wrapping 2x4s in flags to use as weapons now...

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Shoehead posted:

Would be nice to see our own police get a move on. Hope the french get his rear end.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Shoehead posted:

he's such a POS :cripes:

hope the loving clown gets it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
New rules today are probably gonna be the one's that apply to my wedding on Halloween so fingers crossed. Good luck to you DubGoons though. I'm torn personally

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Congrats, hope it's not poo poo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Congrats, hope it's not poo poo.

Tbh I could just get married in an empty room with an official and 2 witnesses and I wouldn't really mind but we have something like 39~ people rsvped so far and its lookin like thats gonna be it and I'm happy for it. Her da wants to invite a load of other people to show off, got given some invites and apparently just never sent them so shruuuuuuuuuuug

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Minister for Health took ill today, he's getting test rn. Cabinet has to isolate and the Dail's been called off. Another week off for the lads!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lads, what is to be done?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Any chance we can call for another election, because this government are on their third Ag minister, the Health one may have gotten everyone sick and colleges look to be having a slight meltdown from the recent CAO results. Also, who let Simon Harris near schools... he barely managed Health when he was there!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If I could post my vote in I'd do it today

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

With Dublin sealed off now is the time for Cork to finally make its move and declare a provisional government

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crossposting:

Feel like she was holding back in that she didn't twat him with the skateboard.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

What an icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Remind me to stop checking r/ireland for discourse on current events. Place is over-run by YFG these days. Everyone calling for her to be imprisoned or shot for throwing a boiling hot, covid infected cup of coffee at him.

Journalists aren't much better, equating this and the assault on izzy kamikaze as equivalent.