Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah they have good original and licensed music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

drat i hope they have Jerry's cousin who beats rear end in this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

True plot magic would stymie him

Joseph never realized his true potential with his stand. I imagine if he kept up with training and testing his limits then he'd find it could do all manner of things but as it is, as shown with how Dio can use it to divine information without destroying cameras but Joseph just keeps on smashing cameras. Aside from Spider-Manning around Egypt, he seems at his best using it to divine information that is extremely close and isn't trying to block him spiritually (stuff like "where is some tar in this marketplace" or "what does the inside of my brain look like right now") or just using it to play video games.

Basically, Kira wouldn't want to be found and unlike Dio he wasn't sending out some genetic spiritual homing device to hone in on so Joseph probably would have gotten a photo of Kira's dad flipping him off lol

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I made a biggish post about Blasphemous this morning in the Switch thread but it got buried by rumor-discussion so I'm cross posting it here in case anyone is curious about the game:

I'm coming up on the end of my first Blasphemous run I think. I haven't consulted any guides and I've managed to uncover 97% of the map and have 89% item collection. Not too shabby for a blind playthrough of this kind of game. I'm sure I hosed up some quests but I'm really happy with what I managed!

When I was starting this game a few weeks ago there was a brief discussion about how much of a chore the end game round up of items was. I was bracing myself for bullshit and am really happy to report that I don't think it's bullshit at all - It's actually quite fun! The map is one of the best, if not the best, maps I've ever used in a video game. You can select from roughly 8 different marker icons and place an unlimited number of them on the map, making it quite easy to not only mark things to investigate later but also classify them.

Also the game has a few warp points that you can access and use throughout the game, assuming you find them (they're not hidden, if you explore the game you will find them naturally). However what I wasn't expecting, and I suppose I'll hide this behind spoilers, you can upgrade this game's equivalent of bon fires to eventually be able to teleport between them, which made the post game round up super straight forward.

My experience with running around the game and uncovering as much as possible was a great. Very little time spent needlessly running from one end of the map to the other and I felt like an ultimate badass cutting through all the enemies that gave me grief earlier in the game. My sword was way more powerful, I have all the special attack upgrades, and loads of spells that just wreck enemies.

This game is tremendously awesome and I love it. I have 19 hours on the clock so far and I imagine I have a few more to go before starting NG+. I'm so happy with this purchase.

And now, please allow me to end this post on a controversial note: Blasphemous is better than Hollow Knight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

New pandemic self-improvement milestone: Cutting my own hair. I always thought this would be difficult so I'd been avoiding it for the past six months, but I pretty much nailed it in one. As long as you have a double mirror it is NOT hard at all. I may never pay money for a haircut again!

I thought about cutting my own hair, but no confidence, and I like the local hair cutting place by where I live. The ladies that work there are really nice. I tipped them 50% last time for having to cut the hair of a boring looking white dude that is slowly balding, during a pandemic.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you're going bald then just buzz that poo poo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dread going bald, my head is so lumpy. My mom was adopted so it’s hard to know if I will or it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my hair is the longest it's ever been in my life because i'm still scared to go to a barber. my last haircut was in february

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Weedle posted:

my hair is the longest it's ever been in my life because i'm still scared to go to a barber. my last haircut was in february

Same, and I change my opinion on whether I like or hate my hair hourly.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've been buzzing my hair short and it feels so good.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

Same, and I change my opinion on whether I like or hate my hair hourly.

mine's always bad. i should just ask my wife to buzz it like she did our son, whose hair looks fine now

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wildtortilla posted:

I've been buzzing my hair short and it feels so good.

My partner's been buzzing mine. She does a good job but the longest setting on our clippers is short enough that my scalp is far too visible for two weeks after a trim.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't mind when my hair grows out because it starts to get long tangly curls like a Greek God but it was getting to be way too much and I'm relieved that it's short again. Anyway folks, cut your own hair. It's so easy!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Barudak posted:

Densha De Go without the arcade controller setup seems really stupid.

It's by Taito and they put out a controller alongside Taiko Drum Master so there's always a possibility.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I honestly can't recall the last time I went out for a professional hair cut. I just give myself a buzzcut every few months and call it good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

I don't mind when my hair grows out because it starts to get long tangly curls like a Greek God but it was getting to be way too much and I'm relieved that it's short again. Anyway folks, cut your own hair. It's so easy!

My secret is that I'm going bald so it's growing slower and I only need a haircut once every four months.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Loaded up control to confirm which gun I was using, pierce, and remembered that it's a game about throwing fork lifts at other fork lifts. Every other part of the game is superfluous and just padding to lead to the satisfaction of throwing a fork lift at another fork lift.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 9, 2020

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes you think you're going to pick up a forklift, and you pick up something that's not a forklift instead. The worst. Just reload to checkpoint imo.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah I beat Control about an hour ago. Boosting my launch damage really helped, but the 20% damage reduction kept me from dying too much. Still did a few dodges into bottomless pits though. Pretty cool game but I wish that more of the evocative files led to something tangible. I liked finding the hidden spaces for what story nuggets they contained, and every time all they had was a chest with some low tier mod I just wondered what the designer was thinking.

I played through Alan Wake near its release but not the DLC, so I don’t think getting invested in the Control DLC is in my future. I’ll gladly watch some videos breaking down the weirdness though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The final sequence of fights in control is pretty lame

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah there aren't enough fork lifts

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was all set to grab both new consoles, then Infinite completely face planted, removing any interest I had in getting the xexxbox. And I realized Horizon 2 wasn't a PS5 launch title.

So now I think I'll just (try to) get a 3080 and play Cyberpunk and other PC poo poo this winter.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

mango sentinel posted:

Upgrade your Throw Stuff ability and throw more stuff. Use the shotgun upgrade OR get better at headshots. Try to never fully empty your clip.

More advice: Shield feels bad until you unlock its extra abilities, but is still worth using any time you're suddenly eating too much poo poo. Pop that sucker, dash over to some health pickups, and settle yourself across the room away from whatever was loving you up. Similarly mind control can be slow (or obscenely fast at the cost of a mod slot) but it's absurdly strong to be able to divide enemy attention and get some extra damage going from a different angle. (And then it gets super broken if you can covert, say, the floating TK assholes to your side.)

On top of never not be throwing, peppering enemies with shots even if you're not focusing them down doesn't hurt either. Basic unshielded dudes can flinch or stumble over, and even the big heavies will sometimes have to take a moment after eating a face full of buckshot. Forcing the TK assholes to dodge around is at least better than them getting the opening to start hurling poo poo at you.

Overall there's a very rhythmic quality to the combat, where you should be emptying your energy by throwing poo poo, then shooting stuff while it recharges, then going back to throwing stuff while your gun reloads. Sprinkle in some dashes and shields to taste.

Also maybe it's just me but I hate Pierce. I can see how it could be strong, but its ammo efficiency and emphasis on sniping heads just doesn't fit the frenetic chaos of the combat. (Granted I haven't hosed with it since getting hover, I can see how that would open up its potential a lot.) Definitely experiment with your loadout either way.

Oh, and do not sleep on Board Countermeasures. You can freely churn through them until you find a mission/reward combo you actually want and they can generate high tier mods essentially for free. (Oh what's that, a tier 5 mod if I kill any 15 enemies anywhere with throw? You shouldn't have.) I suspect some of the variance in difficulty is down to what mods people are/aren't getting (or their overall loadout choices).

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 9, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That said, some fights are just bullshit and there's no getting around it. Mold-1 is overtuned but I think I see what they were going for (and it turns out a fully upgraded Shatter fucks it up real good). The Anchor on the other hand is irredeemable poo poo.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 9, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The anchor was much easier and more enjoyable to me than Mold-1, but it's made a lot easier once you realize you can attack it from the side.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

victrix posted:

So now I think I'll just (try to) get a 3080 and play Cyberpunk and other PC poo poo this winter.

Go for it but I think you'll be safe with a 2060.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Chev posted:

The anchor was much easier and more enjoyable to me than Mold-1, but it's made a lot easier once you realize you can attack it from the side.

This. But I was also miffed that the anchor didn’t seem to match with its case files. I guess I can just file that under “Hiss influence”.

Do the hexagon designs correlate to a cypher or anything? They’re all over in a way that reminds me of Fez or even BotW and I feel like there’s a hidden meaning. I guess I can just google that....

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

LawfulWaffle posted:

Do the hexagon designs correlate to a cypher or anything? They’re all over in a way that reminds me of Fez or even BotW and I feel like there’s a hidden meaning. I guess I can just google that....

Yeah but not for the game proper, instead they're for the pre-release ARG

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Chev posted:

I figured that out and it did help accelerate things. The problem with the fight is that it's very pattern-driven and you get very little margin for error. Two hits from the boss itself and you die. Accidentally dodge off one of the platforms and you die. Then you factor in the adds and suddenly you need to pat your head and rub your stomach while also playing the harmonica. Basically if it had 1/4 less health and/or the arena wasn't shittily designed I don't think I'd be as miffed.

One time I died with one hit left because the auto-target on throw decided to stick to one of the floaters instead of lock onto the core. Bullshit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

Go for it but I think you'll be safe with a 2060.

would be truly ridiculous to consider any 2000 series rn

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

would be truly ridiculous to consider any 2000 series rn

True but I was being facetious because a 3080 will likely be ridiculous overkill for Cyberpunk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

victrix posted:

I was all set to grab both new consoles, then Infinite completely face planted, removing any interest I had in getting the xexxbox. And I realized Horizon 2 wasn't a PS5 launch title.

I feel like 30xx cards are going tonbe even harder to find than ps5's this winter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy dreamcast everyone

I still remember u skies of arcadia

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Was the dreamcast the system where sega went "And it's out... TODAY"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was the dreamcast the system where sega went "And it's out... TODAY"

Saturn exclusively at kb toys.

Dreamcast was more "its gone forever!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

HGV69 hinting there will be big news tomorrow morning...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Most of the Dreamcast games were bad and the few good ones got ported anyway.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Most of the Dreamcast games were bad and the few good ones got ported anyway.
dont even know where to start with this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Super Mario Sunshine on Nintendo Switch, does not support the Gamecube controller, you cant use it. What was even the point than of releasing this port? 3D All-Stars is more half-assed than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ah yes, the many ports of Soulcalibur on [???]