Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I saw them twice in one year, back in like 94. Halloween at the Summit and earlier in the year at the International Ballroom (aka worst venue ever). The second show had Marilyn Manson which was a new treat. And yes, excellent shows even at the Eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ever since the YTMND days of this, I've hated that it makes sense.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
I can't seem to find any request threads so I'll put this here: I know I've seen a newspaper article Dear Abby-style relationship advice column where the person who sent in the question just paraphrased the plot of the movie The Room and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

I'm guessing this is a reference to the fact that one of the California fires was caused by pyrotechnics at a gender reveal party.

Side note, who the gently caress goes to a gender reveal party?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Rasmus posted:

I'm guessing this is a reference to the fact that one of the California fires was caused by pyrotechnics at a gender reveal party.

If they've got cake, I'm in.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

BrigadierSensible posted:

True story, I once wore a "The Spice Girls" T-Shirt to a The Vandals gig.

I once wore a Kero Kero Bonito shirt to a Nitzer Ebb show.

Fun fact: this is from the movie "I.Q."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rasmus posted:

White transphobes, mostly

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
As far as I’m concerned, any baker that makes the inside of the cake green or whatever and ruins those things is a hero.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:nono: male default

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Seems like an accurate detail of the subculture that likes gender reveal parties

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
When I was a kid, you didn't know the sex of the baby until it popped out, and the reveal party was you collect called your relatives and announced your name as Bob We'addabebbi-eetsaboi and they declined the charges.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doc Hawkins posted:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Woman sends out yearly "Awkward" holiday cards consisting only of herself

https://imgur.com/gallery/2jVWMX6

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Phy posted:

When I was a kid, you didn't know the sex of the baby until it popped out, and the reveal party was you collect called your relatives and announced your name as Bob We'addabebbi-eetsaboi and they declined the charges.

a 90s commercial surely unrivaled by any other ad except "yesterday you said you'd call Sears"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phy posted:

I understood that reference

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

captainOrbital posted:

I once wore a Kero Kero Bonito shirt to a Nitzer Ebb show.

Wait, seems like the affair and picture are real, but yes he did marry his first cousin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsa_Einstein

also that chick on his lap is his stepdaughter

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Sep 9, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There had to be a better way to phrase the last bit

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

The Bloop posted:

White transphobes, mostly

Yeah, it's right there in the name of "gender reveal". Your fetus doesn't know it's own rear end from its face, much less what gender it will be however many years down the road. Not to mention the weird blue/pink thing. And the hubris of thinking that everyone cares what genitalia your child may or may not have.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Finally we are cancelling einstein

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

captainOrbital posted:

Finally we are cancelling einstein

E = Massively Cancelled2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

drat horror queefs posted:

E = Massively Cancelled2

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/UnusualVideos/status/1303629122191593472

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Mushika posted:

Yeah, it's right there in the name of "gender reveal". Your fetus doesn't know it's own rear end from its face, much less what gender it will be however many years down the road. Not to mention the weird blue/pink thing. And the hubris of thinking that everyone cares what genitalia your child may or may not have.

The whole blue/pink thing gets even dumber when you realize that it's entirely the invention of a department store.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Splicer posted:

There had to be a better way to phrase the last bit
Not really, Einstein was a gross pervo

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm digging this threads frequent NIN derails. I caught their show in Oslo in 2014 and I literally cried it was so good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Solice Kirsk posted:

NIN is amazing. Always a fantastic show live. Trent changes up their sound for live shows so it's like hearing all your favorite songs for the first time again.

For sure

https://youtu.be/WC1ei5RlK7E

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Biplane posted:

I'm digging this threads frequent NIN derails. I caught their show in Oslo in 2014 and I literally cried it was so good.

thats around when I last saw them

they were on fire :supaburn:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rosemont posted:

The whole blue/pink thing gets even dumber when you realize that it's entirely the invention of a department store.

Yeah, it used to be reversed didn't it - little boys used to be dressed in pink

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Amphigory posted:

Yeah, it used to be reversed didn't it - little boys used to be dressed in pink

Yeah according to QI I guess. Completely arbitrary.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
A couple I went to college with had a "chromosome reveal" party with a green and yellow cake that showed XY when it was cut. It's... a genetically male baby!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

A couple I went to college with had a "chromosome reveal" party with a green and yellow cake that showed XY when it was cut. It's... a genetically male baby!

Even more irrelevant and genital related than gender reveal, although technically "correct"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

That's still just an assumption unless they actually had invasive genomic testing done. One in every hundred people has some variety of intersex condition, like XXY chromosomes and poo poo.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

babies are cancelled

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Knowing them, it was pretty tongue in cheek. The remark about the green cake reminded me of it.

And then there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpVbBHFr1g&t=12s

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, imagine choosing to bring a person into 2020 Hellworld

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Welcome to interesting times, kid! Your name is Quaidenn.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Lol, imagine choosing to bring a person into 2020 Hellworld

We had a kid this year but in our defence he was conceived last year which was slightly less hellish.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

captainOrbital posted:

...what is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ligma Mom