Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Snackmar posted:

Ahhh, that makes me miss a local place here called Schnitzel Queen that would serve uh, i guess medium-size pork schnitzel sandwiches :D

Holy loving wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Snackmar posted:

Ahhh, that makes me miss a local place here called Schnitzel Queen that would serve uh, i guess medium-size pork schnitzel sandwiches :D

Jesus Christ I need that right now

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the 'special', available at all Swedish hot dog places. half 'special' is one dog, whole 'special' is two, with mash piled high.

if you want the authentic Swedish hot dog experience, add shrimp mayo salad.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

the 'special', available at all Swedish hot dog places. half 'special' is one dog, whole 'special' is two, with mash piled high.

if you want the authentic Swedish hot dog experience, add shrimp mayo salad.

That would be all hot dog places in like, gothenburg.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can the unwieldy huge sandwich trend end already

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can the unwieldy huge sandwich trend end already

Seriously, I thought when sliders became a more popular that we were moving towards edible sandwich portions, but no.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i don't have any pictures readily available, but i just found out there's an entire state where people put chili on spaghetti?

the gently caress?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Marx Was A Lib posted:

i don't have any pictures readily available, but i just found out there's an entire state where people put chili on spaghetti?

the gently caress?

Why? Why would you do this? It's like throwing a hand-grenade into this thread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's ok, it's not really chili

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Why? Why would you do this? It's like throwing a hand-grenade into this thread.

i don't care for chili anyway

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

It's ok, it's not really chili

And it's not all of Ohio, mostly just the greater Cincinnati/Dayton area.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

i don't care for chili anyway

Same. Hell, I stopped eating meat about 3 weeks ago...oh well, chili should be all beans anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chilli is just spicy bolognese sauce anyway

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Chilli is just spicy bolognese sauce anyway

This is truth.

I'm oldest of four and I was a bit of a latchkey kid so I had a chore of making dinner for the family once a week from about age fourteen or so. Among the first meals I learned to cook were spaghetti with meat sauce and chili.

They are the same drat recipe. Brown ground beef and onions, drain, add tomato sauce and spices, simmer while I went to watch TV until people got home. Spaghetti got chunks of vegetables, chili got beans and maybe a can of loose corn and I might make corn muffins to go with it.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Marx Was A Lib posted:

the gently caress?

Nothing wrong with chili mac. It makes for excellent, cheap bachelor chow. Box of noodles, can of chili, slice up some onions and add cheese if you're feeling fancy. It is basically just hamburger helper but with a can of chili instead of beef and a flavor packet.

The skyline style is also good, but they do heap a ton of cheese on it. Also bachelor chow, but more for when you're wasted and are craving salt and carbs.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sekhmnet posted:

Nothing wrong with chili mac. It makes for excellent, cheap bachelor chow. Box of noodles, can of chili, slice up some onions and add cheese if you're feeling fancy. It is basically just hamburger helper but with a can of chili instead of beef and a flavor packet.

The skyline style is also good, but they do heap a ton of cheese on it. Also bachelor chow, but more for when you're wasted and are craving salt and carbs.

I will say to you what I said to the thread where this abomination was revealed to me:

All I can offer in response is a string of upset vowel sounds that is known to be the distress cry of my people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't see why it matters, it's just saucy meat, you can eat it with whatever you want. Pasta, rice, potatoes, who cares?

Pick a staple and eat it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

All I know is I'm sick of medium steaks, and all other undercooked meats.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

I don't see why it matters, it's just saucy meat, you can eat it with whatever you want. Pasta, rice, potatoes, who cares?

With a heaping bowl of staple sauce.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is literally no difference between rice, pasta, bread, and potato. They're the same thing. It's all just a ploy by big agriculture to sell you the same food in multiple different shapes. They all come out of a machine at the starch factory, I've seen't it.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah my mom's family always made rice to go with chili but there were like 7 kids in that house and it was the cheapest way to feed everyone.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marx Was A Lib posted:

the gently caress?

Just Google skyline chili

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OwlFancier posted:

There is literally no difference between rice, pasta, bread, and potato. They're the same thing. It's all just a ploy by big agriculture to sell you the same food in multiple different shapes. They all come out of a machine at the starch factory, I've seen't it.
screen cap from the How It's Made of the starch factory

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Big Starch is gonna sue this thread for revealing business secrets

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

uber_stoat posted:

“Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”

This reminds me of one of my favorite SNL skits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CniGk7Dyp1c

Edit: Oops, wrong thread. Still works, though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Deep-fried watermelon sandwich

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Dienes posted:

*tapping on thread title*

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dienes posted:

drat it. i guessed tuna, and then, weirdly, marinara sauce. then i started wondering how you could cut marinara sauce so cleanly.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

snoo posted:

*tapping on thread title*

Oh poo poo lol!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

snoo posted:

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Country corn in the big city

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Corned teeth :yum:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I reacted audibly (negatively)

Cordon Bleu Waffles

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Irregular corn is beautiful too.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

All Corns Are Beautiful

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marx Was A Lib posted:

All Corns Are Beautiful

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That's not a toe bean :gonk:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Marx Was A Lib posted:

the gently caress?

Whole country, even. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio

(Cincinnati chili is just this, the Greek dude who started selling it called it "chili" because he's Greek and it was the 20s or whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I was wondering why my sandwich was extremely chewy, since I didn't put any chewy constituents in it...

Turns out it's 'cause I'm am idiot.