Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What's the correct request here? Safe passage for the group?
Assuming such a thing as a correct request even exists.

E: "no requests, we're good" doesn't count as a request for the purpose of this question, but it absolutely is a valid answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Omobono posted:

What's the correct request here? Safe passage for the group?
Assuming such a thing as a correct request even exists.

E: "no requests, we're good" doesn't count as a request for the purpose of this question, but it absolutely is a valid answer.

I must smile in the third way and politely note that the correct request is a lie :smuggo:.

That wish is a hell of a loaded gun, and I don't really think there's anything good that can come out of it even with the best intentions. The safest option is to just make Solomon hand over his Key.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Omobono posted:

What's the correct request here?

Cryophage posted:

The Ultimate Prize

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
That messenger looks cool.

lol

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Omobono posted:

What's the correct request here?

"I request a million requests."

Solomon David grants this then immediately Ki Ratas them into pulp before they can ask for safety.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

"I request a real dad"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Join us on our adventures!"

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
"Never harm anyone again."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what ideas White Chain has kicking around her head.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Wouldn't White Chain get to make the request? Why's this oldson talking to Allison?

edit: I guess he's sort of talking to the whole group but it seems very Allison directed.

Edit edit: Salami doesn't seem like the sort of guy to monkey's paw. He'd view that kind of petty as beneath him I think.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
This seems like the set up for someone making a spur of the moment wish that will either be perfect or ill thought out and cause huge amounts of drama.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Wouldn't White Chain get to make the request? Why's this oldson talking to Allison?

edit: I guess he's sort of talking to the whole group but it seems very Allison directed.

Edit edit: Salami doesn't seem like the sort of guy to monkey's paw. He'd view that kind of petty as beneath him I think.

I think he'd grant a wish in good faith that was asked in good faith, but someone trying to rules lawyer him would probably get malicious compliance.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

One cheeseburger, side of large fries, dipping sauce and a pint of cream ale thanks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DancingShade posted:

One cheeseburger, side of large fries, dipping sauce and a pint of cream ale thanks.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Ask for two cheeseburgers!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Ask for two cheeseburgers!

You're completely right I was an idiot to think so small. Should have been a double pattie with bacon at the very least.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if this is being left up to Allison then she just might ask him what he wants

ofc mr grumpybeard would probably just say “for you to make your wish”

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
"I want you to be happy."

Followed by Solomon eating the worm.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I, too, am not sure why they're asking anyone but White Chain since Solomon very clearly declared her the victor and Alison very clearly tapped out.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

I, too, am not sure why they're asking anyone but White Chain since Solomon very clearly declared her the victor and Alison very clearly tapped out.

Etiquette since they obviously entered as a group, I guess.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Alison is standing directly in between the dude and White Chain. In the final panel you can tell he's looking past Alison and talking to WC.

I think the blocking to make it kind of seem like he's talking to Alison is deliberate. Alison had to learn that it's not all about her this book. This setup lets that be reinforced to both Alison and us readers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
*White Chain steps forward"

"You're asking me? In that case I'll have the grilled chicken breast with nuclear hot sauce combo, pork batter fries, no dip and an expesso martini"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"I request to know what the lovely twist in a few pages is"

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
They should request a pay rise to $35 a month, a new kettle, and a dart board.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I got my EVIL masks from the K6BD merch store last night. I ordered both the kind that is the reusable cloth version of the disposable paper masks, and the one that is more like a cloth strap across your face.

The cloth strap one fits perfectly. I've had a lot of these that are too tight for my big, round face, but this is just loose enough and has just enough stretch to fit right. A++ would buy more.

The other ones, that are similar to the disposable paper masks you get everywhere, are quite a bit larger. They're almost too loose for me, but that's probably a perk for some people, as it almost doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all. Not recommended for people with tiny heads/faces, as you have to fully stretch out the expanding face pouch part to read the EVIL logo and the mask is already large before you do that.

Daktar posted:

They should request a pay rise to $35 a month, a new kettle, and a dart board.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ConfusedUs posted:

I got my EVIL masks from the K6BD merch store last night. I ordered both the kind that is the reusable cloth version of the disposable paper masks, and the one that is more like a cloth strap across your face.

The cloth strap one fits perfectly. I've had a lot of these that are too tight for my big, round face, but this is just loose enough and has just enough stretch to fit right. A++ would buy more.

The other ones, that are similar to the disposable paper masks you get everywhere, are quite a bit larger. They're almost too loose for me, but that's probably a perk for some people, as it almost doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all. Not recommended for people with tiny heads/faces, as you have to fully stretch out the expanding face pouch part to read the EVIL logo and the mask is already large before you do that.

I'm still waiting for my badstar mask to show up. Psyched to rep some safety-conscious money and power through homicide on the streets.

edit: I am still incredibly sad that there is no way to acquire the badstar harem pants, though.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lights posted:

I'm still waiting for my badstar mask to show up. Psyched to rep some safety-conscious money and power through homicide on the streets.

edit: I am still incredibly sad that there is no way to acquire the badstar harem pants, though.

By "harem pants" do you mean the poofy, baggy ones with EVIL printed all over them? If so, hard agree.

I'd settle for just a set of pajama-like pants with the print.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Here’s my dumb face with the evil mask if anyone wants to see what they look like in real life

https://i.imgur.com/PyxVHiF.jpg

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ask Solomon to teach Allison Ki Rata.

It'll be funny.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ConfusedUs posted:

By "harem pants" do you mean the poofy, baggy ones with EVIL printed all over them? If so, hard agree.

I'd settle for just a set of pajama-like pants with the print.

Yep, the ones Oskar is wearing in his dust-up with White Chain, right before Yre.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

But what is it??

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Grouchio posted:

But what is it??

It's a reference to the end of one of the early Night Watch novels in the Discworld series.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's a reference to one of the Discworld books (specifically "Men at Arms").

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Specifically, it refers to (spoilers for "Guards! Guards!" and "Men at Arms" by Pratchett) how in "Guards! Guards!" the Night Watch save the city from a rampaging dragon, are heroes of the city and can ask the ruler for anything they want, and just ask for a modest raise, a new kettle, and a new dartboard. This is expanded upon in the "Men at Arms" where they save the life of the ruler and can ask for anything again and ask for another dartboard....and a complete reorganization of the city watch as well massive new funding to reopen closed watch posts and hire new guardsmen, since they learned from the first book.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Tha ninny! Tha supporating lapdog

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://intocleanness.tumblr.com/post/627756077636861952/given-how-insanely-menacing-gog-agog-is-right-now

quote:

given how insanely menacing Gog Agog is right now im of a mind to just shut down entirely and pretend to myself that the next ksbd update is going to be a ONE YEAR LATER cut to the deck of the airship where Cio is teaching Zaid to chop vegetables while in the background Solomon David is wearing a pair of boating shorts and a hawaiian shirt, grilling burgers and sipping a beer. he has been sipping the same beer for a month straight and it does not ever seem to empty.

yes everything is fine and the story is over. nothing bad can surely happen now.

https://arcane-shadow.tumblr.com/post/627510972223012864/have-some-lovely-girls-after-this-last-update-i

quote:

Have some lovely girls! After this last update I thought they should kiss :3

---

#yes i will use her full name whenever possible it slaps #also idk their ship name im just spitballing here #whens abbadon making allison's polycule canon

https://buglich.tumblr.com/post/627136197817401344/cio-attempts-to-make-out-with-white-chain-but-the

quote:

cio attempts to make out with white chain but the difference between their respective body temperatures is such that its like licking an icicle and it gives her a migraine and she has to stop

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 9, 2020

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Zernach posted:

Going to change my guess to the stone parting Yeddos head from his shoulders and Intra going "Oberves as his breath leaves his body, I have made air from the stone".
I'm inordinately happy I guessed how Intra was going to make air with the stone, even if the details were a poo poo ton more KSBD than I could envision.

Also, after the last few pages seeing Salami Daves full Key halo, the only thing I could think of was that someone needs to dunk on him through it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Princess is just gonna wish for the world's most comfortable pair of underwear and ruin it

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

White Chain probably had something stupid in mind like "Stop Pursuing Alison's Key" or "Introduce Democracy" or "Euthanise Metatron" anyway.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Please teach Allison ki rata because then you would be their journey friend too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shoehead posted:

Princess is just gonna wish for the world's most comfortable pair of underwear and ruin it
I understood that reference!