Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pussy Quipped posted:

20 mr/armor per second seems uh....good.

It has a cap :v: But its not on the tool tip yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AP tank items excite me, I want to bully people as Rammus even harder.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Check out the new anti heal mechanic

And new frozen heart

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

I'm gonna add some other items I found via pausing.

Mythic Item
Battering Ram
+40 Attack Damage, +500 Health, +10% Ability Haste - Rage: Dealing Physical damage grants you 20 MS for 2 seconds, increased to 60 MS if it kills the target. Spellblade: After using an ability, your next AA gains bonus range, speed, deals bonus Phys damage equal to 200% of base AD on hit and dashes you a short distance towards the target (1.5 sec cooldown). Other legendary items gain +6% tenacity and slow resistance.

This is a godly item for Vi, holy poo poo.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

Yeah that’s basically Triforce but better in every way for her, drat

E: oh poo poo Hecarim too

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jerkface posted:

Check out the new anti heal mechanic

And new frozen heart

So it's 35% reduced healing and healing reversal? Dang.

edit: Oh, it's losing the armour pen.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Show me the tank items cowards, Banner of command's statline was the perfect tank statline, health, resists, CDR, then they removed it because the super minions were dummy strong but never added more tank itemization to replace it, then removed portal and ohmwrecker too.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My real curiosity with the item revamp is how jungle items fit into the paradigm. Are they just gonna end up being support item-esque stat sticks that automatically upgrade over the course of the game?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Vermain posted:

My real curiosity with the item revamp is how jungle items fit into the paradigm. Are they just gonna end up being support item-esque stat sticks that automatically upgrade over the course of the game?

I wanna say I do remember them saying they wanna have them upgrade automatically like the support items, but I might be remembering wrong and you gotta imagine a lot of their ideas are gonna get left on the cutting room floor regardless so who knows

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Vermain posted:

Yea they are gonna move to the support model of being initial buys that upgrade over the course of the game for free. They said they got a lot of positive feedback on the support items and thought they could bring it to jungle.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I'm working on learning how to be a good jungler. So far I can comfortably play Sejuani and Vi.

What's a third jungler that I can add to my pool to cover gaps? an AP jungler to make up for when the rest of my team is ad heavy?

I like how Vi and Sej have some mobility that can take them over walls and are very good at forcing fights to happen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think the strongest ap jungler is Evelynn.

I'd also recommend learning Rammus so you can autowin against Master Yi pickers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fid and Karthus are both top tier AP junglers right now and play a bit more normally in case your still learning mechanics and don't want to build bad ward-ignoring habits on eve that won't translate well to others.

Fid if you want to roleplay the horror movie monster that denies vision and then jumpscares the enemy team to death, Karthus if you want to practice endless skill shots and power farming routes.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 10, 2020

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I one-tricked sona up to over a million mastery points back in the day, so the vision game is pretty ingrained from my time in the support mines.

I’ll try out fiddle, rammus, and eve - thanks for the pointers!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Coca Koala posted:

I'm working on learning how to be a good jungler. So far I can comfortably play Sejuani and Vi.

What's a third jungler that I can add to my pool to cover gaps? an AP jungler to make up for when the rest of my team is ad heavy?

I like how Vi and Sej have some mobility that can take them over walls and are very good at forcing fights to happen.

amumu is a glass cannon ap jungler with good team fight, karthus is weird because you have to basically ask yourself "how greedy can i possibly play before getting reported by my team", and then play even greedier than that... but i promise that it works and you can effortlessly beat platinum players doing that under the worse possible circumstances

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Just had probably the craziest ranked game since I started playing again. Our Jax dc'd right when minions started fighting and never came back, we decided not to immediately surrender at 15 minutes because we were up by like 10 kills at that point. Ended up winning the game and our Jhin even got a pentakill out of it.

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 10, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rammus owns as a counterpick to any aspeed focused hero because you can force them to kill themselves on your shell and it never stops being funny.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010

Knightsoul posted:

Any tip for a new LoL player comin from DotA (mid tier) ?

I've not played too much Dota but from what I've seen my Dota friends learning League do: As a laner don't take jungle camps until the mid game. There's no such thing as pulling camps out on the clock because League camps don't work like that so supports should stay in lane too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ugh I just remembered the duty of triple stacking camps as a support in Heroes of Newerth.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
Screenshotted the list of mythic items from the video. I recognize about half of them.

Love how Triforce's price is 3333

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
So are there just gonna be a bunch of clones of each item with almost-the-same passive/active but different roles' stats, now?
Triforce vs battering ram, liandry's vs cursed demonhelm... The game already had banshee's veil and edge of night.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Vermain posted:

jimmydalad posted:

Mythic Item
Battering Ram
+40 Attack Damage, +500 Health, +10% Ability Haste - Rage: Dealing Physical damage grants you 20 MS for 2 seconds, increased to 60 MS if it kills the target. Spellblade: After using an ability, your next AA gains bonus range, speed, deals bonus Phys damage equal to 200% of base AD on hit and dashes you a short distance towards the target (1.5 sec cooldown). Other legendary items gain +6% tenacity and slow resistance.

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah that’s basically Triforce but better in every way for her, drat

E: oh poo poo Hecarim too

Nerds forgetting Udyr exists. Not that I can blame you.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Vino posted:

I've not played too much Dota but from what I've seen my Dota friends learning League do: As a laner don't take jungle camps until the mid game. There's no such thing as pulling camps out on the clock because League camps don't work like that so supports should stay in lane too.

Thanks all for the tips, I'm likin' LoL so far but I still need to adapt to not having a courier bringin' you the sweet items.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Would Tryndamere/Darius/Pants On enjoy the battering Ram? :think:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Definitely gonna stick that battering ram on Volibear.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mindblast posted:

Would Tryndamere/Darius/Pants On enjoy the battering Ram? :think:

It'd be quite lousy on Tryndamere, for what it's worth.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

What makes it theoretically good/bad on what sounds like a whole lot of melee mans?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

What makes it theoretically good/bad on what sounds like a whole lot of melee mans?

It’s Triforce but with a better stat balance for bruisers and gives a dash and tenacity, which helps with their biggest weakness of being easy to kite.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Trynd would definitely want one of the ADC masterworks since they give AD, Crit and Aspd, probably the in-combat dash one

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It not having mana is also pretty huge for all those bruisers who don't use mana. Personally I could see it being a solid option even for Aatrox, but I suspect we'll see much better.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

DarkDobe posted:

Tryndamere scales best with these stats: AD, Crit, CDR, ASpd . A big part of that is because his mobility scales incredibly strongly with the latter three. Being able to get a lovely short range dash on your auto attacks sometimes, alongside useless stats like HP, does not make for a good Mythic item to slap on him.

It'll be great on a number of bruisers, but he's not a champ that sees much benefit here.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

Trynd would definitely want one of the ADC masterworks since they give AD, Crit and Aspd, probably the in-combat dash one

I think it really depends on how the rework affects his crit/ability haste balance. Current Tryn doesn’t have an issue sticking on people because his E has almost no cooldown by mid game with the 40% cdr + crit rush build.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Action George posted:

I think it really depends on how the rework affects his crit/ability haste balance. Current Tryn doesn't have an issue sticking on people because his E has almost no cooldown by mid game with the 40% cdr + crit rush build.
If ability haste becomes harder to get, it will simply push Trynd to itemize more in favor of ASpd (which has happened before).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

where are all of the usual mobility creep weirdos to whine about the new dash item for melee bruisers? :allears:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Who is to say melee bruisers are going to build it instead of Ezreal?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I could see Trynd getting the true damage item and mulching through tanks even with it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

rabidsquid posted:

where are all of the usual mobility creep weirdos to whine about the new dash item for melee bruisers? :allears:

Usually the issue is individual champions having overly large amounts of mobility relative to others in their class that leads to mobility creep complaints. This item is available to everyone and thus is not really mobility creep in the traditional sense.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’ve seen people lose their poo poo over Galeforce (AD Protobelt). I’m willing to wait until the items make it to live before I go on any tirade. I eagerly await seeing the mythic support items.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

Usually the issue is individual champions having overly large amounts of mobility relative to others in their class that leads to mobility creep complaints. This item is available to everyone and thus is not really mobility creep in the traditional sense.

Yeah if the game had already had say a "flash knife" nobody would be complaining about the mobility problems because they wouldn't be problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I’ve seen people lose their poo poo over Galeforce (AD Protobelt). I’m willing to wait until the items make it to live before I go on any tirade. I eagerly await seeing the mythic support items.

grant all nearby allies a 20 health shield. 180 second cooldown