Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh god don't remind me that Masamune Shirow still around and exclusively making really gross hentai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Idk why you'd hope someone else could "adapt it better" when it could just be left to drift in its obscure niche for the rest of time. Even after Hollywood bleeds cape comic stories dry it's not like it'd be a welcome relief for them to shift gears to webcomics instead. (Which they won't do.)

That's less a statement about Aaron Diaz and more just a statement that Masamune Shirow's original works were better after they had gone through the second pass of adaptation and somebody else sorted out his scattered mess of philosophical musing in between gunfights and thorough military industrial alt-history as well as filtering out a good chunk of the horny.

Like probably if somebody came through to do a second pass on Aaron Diaz's work in something less than a decade, they wouldn't get stuck on all the weird pitfalls, pacing issues, conceptual cul-de-sacs, and aimlessness that drags Dresden Codak down even when you read it without waiting forever between pages.

And speaking of a decade, I think Dumbing of Age is doing a timeskip now that Willis has gotten uncomfortable with the revelation that the comic has been going about 10 years while the characters are still freshmen. At least it'll give the characters some breathing room for the massive trauma of being threatened and having a man die in front of their eyes, but it seems like it'd be weird if the characters didn't develop further in that time. At least the alt-text of the timeskip is fun.

I feel like he set out wanting to tell a more specific story, but the whole thing drifted as he sunk into his whole soap opera rhythm.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's probably for the better for Aaron Diaz that the closest thing he had to relevancy was years ago instead of on Twitter, where he would be eaten alive for obliviously writing from a white techbro POV (seriously that's how you get Storm as Kony).

V I do not! I have missed out on a lot apparently!

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 9, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mycot posted:

It's probably for the better for Aaron Diaz that the closest thing he had to relevancy was years ago instead of on Twitter, where he would be eaten alive for obliviously writing from a white techbro POV (seriously that's how you get Storm as Kony).

do you not remember the many times they had to quit twitter after showing their rear end about one thing or another

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

do you not remember the many times they had to quit twitter after showing their rear end about one thing or another

I figured that's why their tweets are so sparse.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Frankly I still can’t get past the utter stupidity of KIMIKO THUNDERBOLT ROSS. What an absolutely ridiculous name. It tells you everything you need to know right out the gate. “Yes hello this is my vaguely woman shaped fetish doll with which I will act out all the media I have most recently consumed, but horny”

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Reminder that when DC started Kimiko had the literal same surname as the Major from GiTS.

It's hard to hate on the guy because he's found a weird little niche of success where people for some reason like his comic so much they'll throw money at him to produce a couple of pages a year. Good for him, imo.

I mean it is a shame the quality of his comic declined SHARPLY when he switched over to an ongoing story but it's not really harming anyone and there are far worse creators out there with worse comics and worse opinions.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Captain Oblivious posted:

Frankly I still can’t get past the utter stupidity of KIMIKO THUNDERBOLT ROSS. What an absolutely ridiculous name. It tells you everything you need to know right out the gate. “Yes hello this is my vaguely woman shaped fetish doll with which I will act out all the media I have most recently consumed, but horny”

Why would you name your dream girlfriend for the rear end in a top hat general that hates Hulk

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bad news from the author of Sword Interval :(

https://twitter.com/bfleuter/status/1303845228793610240?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jeez! A little on the nose given the comic's current subject material. Hope they're able to get help. What an awful situation.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Throw them some cash please goons, they're top people and this loving sucks.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That's terrible. :( I'm glad they got out safely with their pets, but losing everything like that is devastating.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh man, that sucks :(

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Poor Roko. Dysphoria must be even harder watching someone else adapt so easily.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And Beepatrice proves she’s not incompetent after all! She just got Peter Principle’d super hard before, and ended up in a position that was completely unsuited to her skill set.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just noticed it's not just Roko's eyes doing the "print roller misalignment" thing, it's her whole body.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i keep forgetting to post it, but my webcomic A Ghost Story is back from the hiatus i take after chapters finish. its time for an all new storyline...!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i read back a little to the b&w bit and im not familiar with the characters so it was totally lost on me, does she die for real if no one's looking at her when she blows up?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
oh no nothing like that, the hiatus comic was just intended to be a lighthearted waste of everyone's time and energy, in the end.

she'll be fine, she just got blown up a little.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Things are going great in the CRISIS ZONE

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

fun hater posted:

oh no nothing like that, the hiatus comic was just intended to be a lighthearted waste of everyone's time and energy, in the end.

Uh I think you should re-assess because that hiatus comic was masterful comedy.

Y'all should read A Ghost Story if you haven't because it's fuckin' hilarious and real cool.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fun hater posted:

alright well i read the rest of the comic now and it was pretty good. well done keep it up

i just didn't realize i was dealing with Always Sunny in Necropolis

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Lord help me, the Thought Slime guy convinced to read Achewood. I have tried maybe a half dozen times to get into Achewood, and well, we all know that it is a demanding read and I have never invested the time needed to get it.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 21, 2020

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Renee proving yet again she's kind of an awful person in literally every story beat she's in.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Renee proving yet again she's kind of an awful person in literally every story beat she's in.

She is the absolute worst.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, I missed Bangladesh Dupree. She's one of my favorites. But there's serious Foglio Face in one of the panels.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Something important happened in Tiger, Tiger

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nuns with Guns posted:

A true scientific mind, since it's what she remembers from her dream.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Nuns with Guns posted:

Someone add Dick Butt.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cat Mattress posted:

A true scientific mind, since it's what she remembers from her dream.

It's also scientifically accurate! Truly a renaissance woman.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's here. It's happened. We found it, the one genuinely great QC strip:

https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4361

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The perfect book for weird old men who smell like feet:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Someone add Dick Butt.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:perfect:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I love how so much, and so many, different emotions are conveyed in both of these.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, in A Girl and Her Fed, we find ourselves in yet another situation where the entire White House has set Agent Smith up to fail so that they can be cast as the bad guy when the most likely outcome happens.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
teh

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
A friend of mine has launched their webcomic that they've been working on with a friend. Right now they've got a 15 page prologue out while they're working on their chapter 0 buffer. You should check it out here: https://traversion.net/

They've done storyboarding work with Pixar and some video game studios so you can expect good quality writing and artwork. The story is going to involve the supernatural in a world much like our contemporary world but with some important differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I think anything with both a prologue and a "chapter 0" is probably cursed to be abandoned a half-dozen years later and 50% through. But still possibly fun and worth reading along the way!