Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Gonna be north of $250 for me. Which sucks but ill live with it.

😯 If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on this escapade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man which one of you has a tight grip on inventory in Chicago? I've checked maybe 6 targets in the last few days and only found one roadblock, nothing else.

It's always the same story too, they restocked the day before and someone came in at open and cleared them out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

😯 If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on this escapade?

I'm about to tip over $1000 so far.

This is the Eternia available locally. It's got issues but might be worth it for parts

He also has the turret gun and base. The tracks are done for and the central tower is cracked at the seam and the second floor appears to have melted. All the track vehicles are present as well as all the track arms, the gargoyles and draw bridge. But just pricing out the missing bits on Ebay and it would cost several hundred to complete this and even more to replace the damaged bits. As a parts set I don't see much more than $500 in value here.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfNBGOH4LU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m here on the west coast in the path of a wildfire. Buying fancy dolls seems a low priority but here I am doing it anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m here on the west coast in the path of a wildfire. Buying fancy dolls seems a low priority but here I am doing it anyway.

You need to protect them from the fire, obviously.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Won’t someone please think of the children? The small plastic children?

But seriously be safe, I’m just above Tacoma and it’s been crazy here, let alone the actual apocalyptic hellscape my Oregon friends are enduring.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sanschel posted:

Won’t someone please think of the children? The small plastic children?

But seriously be safe, I’m just above Tacoma and it’s been crazy here, let alone the actual apocalyptic hellscape my Oregon friends are enduring.

lol I'm in Eugene and the bigass fire 4x the size of my city is only oh ~20 minutes away so yeah, I'm a bit stressed right now. The plan is to bury all my dumbass plastic toys for me to come back to or for future generations to discover (this is a joke please don't @ goons.txt and shame me).

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Louisgod posted:

The plan is to bury all my dumbass plastic toys for me to come back to or for future generations to discover (this is a joke please don't @ goons.txt and shame me).

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/bunker-building-basics

:shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress why am I looking for another Mando.

Hasbro collectors are so awful in the way they operate.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

gently caress why am I looking for another Mando.

Hasbro collectors are so awful in the way they operate.

What do you mean?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The scalpers showing up and clearing it all before anyone gets a chance.

Same thing that’s going on with the Joes. It’s just so frustrating.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

The scalpers showing up and clearing it all before anyone gets a chance.

Same thing that’s going on with the Joes. It’s just so frustrating.

Yeah, and Hasbro’s distribution doesn’t help matters. It’s at the point where if I can’t snag a preorder right after they go live I just assume I’ll never get that figure since there’s zero chance I’ll ever luck into finding one in the wild.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.actionfigure411.com/gijoe/classified-price-guide.php

Found an interesting thing that tracks figure prices on Ebay.

Poor Roadblock.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I live in an isolated area on the northern coast of California. We're not threatened directly where I am but the sky has been night-dark and blood red all day today. Most major roads in or out of the county are blocked by fires.

I keep wondering if this is going to delay my Thundercats.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I live in an isolated area on the northern coast of California. We're not threatened directly where I am but the sky has been night-dark and blood red all day today. Most major roads in or out of the county are blocked by fires.

I keep wondering if this is going to delay my Thundercats.

Well my Nimrod 3-pack was delayed which is the worst thing happening in my life right now. Damnit Jeff Bezos!!!!

(Side note the winds are dying down so hopefully my town isn’t going to be destroyed by a wall of fire)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My Nimrod came. Looks neat. Didn't open it yet, it's still on the pile.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I’d never used the BBTS pile o loot feature before and thought I wouldn’t get charged until I shipped stuff, but I got charged for a pre-order that went in stock today so I’m glad I had some extra dosh this month!

In related news I guess I’m getting Amazing Yamaguchi Deku sooner than anticipated!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I found a Black Series Captain Cardinal at a Target last week. I don't know anything about the character and don't care to learn but I do like the First Order Stormtrooper design and he's red. A+ Spaceman.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Shiroc posted:

I found a Black Series Captain Cardinal at a Target last week. I don't know anything about the character and don't care to learn but I do like the First Order Stormtrooper design and he's red. A+ Spaceman.

iirc he’s some character created just for the park who walks around and hassles guests. So yeah, A+ Spaceman.

Speaking of the Target TBS stuff, if happens across a Hondo Ohnaka I will happily pay you for the trouble of grabbing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

So I’d never used the BBTS pile o loot feature before and thought I wouldn’t get charged until I shipped stuff, but I got charged for a pre-order that went in stock today so I’m glad I had some extra dosh this month!

In related news I guess I’m getting Amazing Yamaguchi Deku sooner than anticipated!

Yeah you get charged immediately, it's just to consolidate shipping.

You can cancel anything in your pile of loot though. 7 days you get a refund, the other 83 (since it ships after 90) you get store credit.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

It's not BBTS' fault, but I'm still a little sore that my wave 1 Turtles in Time figures sat in my pile of loot for the maximum allowed 6 months. Then less than a week after they force-shipped, wave 2 came in stock and went into my pile. 😂

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eternia dude just sent me a picture of a misc pile of parts and there's a dozen or so pieces in there.

I think im gonna toss an offer at him.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Been checking out some reviews of the new $400 vintage collection Millennium Falcon, and it's rad as heck. I always wanted to buy that Legacy Falcon and give it a new paint job to bring out its details, but much to my surprise the default out-of-the-box paint job on the new edition is just about perfect. They added a ton of subtle weathering, multilayered washes, much better color choices for the various red and gray panels, lots of extra little details. The end result is something that looks a lot less like a toy and a lot more like a replica of a studio model. One reviewer on youtube was comparing it side by side with the previous edition, and the difference is pretty stunning:

What a difference a simple wash can make!

It's also cool that it also comes with a rectangular radar dish to easily swap to the sequel version.

I definitely don't care about the extra sound effects from the theme park ride - don't really care about sound effects period - but at least you can flip a switch to put it in original trilogy mode. Including a Hondo figure instead of Han Solo seems a little blasphemous, but hell, I have like a dozen Han Solos already and no Hondo, so gently caress it.

Edit: I think the comparison of the undersides is actually more pronounced...

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 10, 2020

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dale-Taco posted:

https://www.actionfigure411.com/gijoe/classified-price-guide.php

Found an interesting thing that tracks figure prices on Ebay.

Poor Roadblock.

Roadblock is the only GI Joe figure I've ever seen at the two Targets near me, each had one on the peg.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Going to see Eternia in person Saturday! Pickung up Snake Mountain, Mantasaur, a Megalaser and Stilt Stalkers even if the Eternia is a bust. Seller says he has tons more toys he hasn't even dug through yet, might strike gold!

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Good luck. If the price is right, an incomplete Eternia has to be better than no Eternia. Hopefully you get a decent deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's my thinking. I could hold out and pay top dollar for a complete one or I can get this one and shine it up into a decent display piece.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Been checking out some reviews of the new $400 vintage collection Millennium Falcon, and it's rad as heck

Good lord that looks amazing! Is it still available anywhere??

edit: nevermind I checked, it’s still available....for 400 bucks. Oh god I need it. I hate you for bringing this to my attention.

nemesis_hub fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 10, 2020

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

JT Smiley posted:

Roadblock is the only GI Joe figure I've ever seen at the two Targets near me, each had one on the peg.

Same, he's the only one I've seen in the wild.

In other news I'm checking one last target downtown today but if anyone finds a beachhead and wants to ship it to me I'll venmo you!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

nemesis_hub posted:

Good lord that looks amazing! Is it still available anywhere??

edit: nevermind I checked, it’s still available....for 400 bucks. Oh god I need it. I hate you for bringing this to my attention.

At least it's cheaper than the $600-$900 I've been seeing for complete Legacy Falcons on eBay for the past couple years.

I should have mentioned, it's Target exclusive (at least in the USA) and was in stock on their website when I looked. If you live near a Target they'll ship to the store for free, so that can be a good option.

I went ahead and bought one. This purchase involved a serious conversation with my girlfriend, but she was on board with it. It should show up in the next couple of weeks, if the world can stop ending for a minute.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I should have mentioned, it's Target exclusive

:suicide:

Save yourself the time.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

it's Target exclusive

Whole lotta that going around lately.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Target Star Wars exclusives do seem to find their way to “fan channel” stores like Dorkside and EE eventually, so if you can’t find one at target then just wait a few months. Don’t pay the eBay scalpers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My Target has no Joes, but they do have one Millennium Falcon

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I got in my Crashbox Customs windows today.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Looks awesome! They do such cool work!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Found Baroness and her cycle at Target. Anyone need it?

EDIT: taken

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 11, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

:suicide:

Save yourself the time.

I don't know if you read the part after that where I said you can just buy it off the website and get it delivered to your nearest store... It doesn't actually need to be some random chance wild goose chase like these GI Joes that are driving everyone nuts, but of course you CAN hunt around in local stores if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Blackchamber posted:

Found Baroness and her cycle at Target. Anyone need it?

YES