Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wasn't there a Jay Pinkerton comic which keeps having Batman (in the old Bob Kane Artwork) do the window scene, including looking at Commissioner Gordon walking by and deciding to become Manman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Wasn't there a Jay Pinkerton comic which keeps having Batman (in the old Bob Kane Artwork) do the window scene, including looking at Commissioner Gordon walking by and deciding to become Manman?

Yep, I was just looking for it, but it looks like he's taken his site down. I'm sure the comic's still floating around the internet somewhere.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Empyre: Aftermath Avengers

Oh Al Ewing, you jokester.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 9, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elfface posted:

Apologies for making fun of your typo, but I felt inspired.

evilmiera posted:

"Waaauuuaaauwaa, the anti-life are begonias, pshuuu."

"I ain't gonna lie to ya, I'm the king of tha fools"
"If you won't be my bagel bite, I'll be a prawn."
(Superman: The Animated Series for source quotes because I don't know much Darkseid.)

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Empyre: Aftermath Avengers

Oh Al Ewing, you jokester.

Is Thor's full line "Aye, let us not go back to the time that thou didst help clone me and get one our fellow Avengers killed, TONY."?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Keromaru5 posted:

Is Thor's full line "Aye, let us not go back to the time that thou didst help clone me and get one our fellow Avengers killed, TONY."?

Not in so many words, but...yeah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nipponophile posted:

Yep, I was just looking for it, but it looks like he's taken his site down. I'm sure the comic's still floating around the internet somewhere.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elfface posted:

Apologies for making fun of your typo, but I felt inspired.

How is he supposed to cross his arms behind his back when he ain't got any

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

evilmiera posted:

"Waaauuuaaauwaa, the anti-life are begonias, pshuuu."

I was raised by a paradamon.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Not in so many words, but...yeah.

I'm glad. Tony shouldn't get to live that down.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He didn't, he died. I think we are like 3 brain death memory upload reboots and a clone into Tonys at this point or some poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mulva posted:

He didn't, he died. I think we are like 3 brain death memory upload reboots and a clone into Tonys at this point or some poo poo.

So, like, a single issue of X-Force.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so he shouldn't get to re-live that down.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I don't think he actually died though, wasn't he just in a death-like coma in a secret warehouse somewhere? There was also an AI Tony who replaced him for a while, but original Tony was just presumed dead and was actually comatose.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Every incarnation of tony stark must be made intimately aware of their collective sins.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Android Blues posted:

I don't think he actually died though, wasn't he just in a death-like coma in a secret warehouse somewhere? There was also an AI Tony who replaced him for a while, but original Tony was just presumed dead and was actually comatose.

Isn't current Tony literally a robot? And there was a whole thing about how he legally didn't have a soul, so his brother took over Stark Industries?

Comics are weird.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Isn't current Tony literally a robot? And there was a whole thing about how he legally didn't have a soul, so his brother took over Stark Industries?

Comics are weird.

Yeah, but that would rely on anyone giving a poo poo about Dan Slott's Iron Man, which at its best is beyond aggressively mediocre.

Aaron's done more interesting Iron Man stories in his Avengers than Slott has managed in his entire run.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

During Tom Taylor's Infamous Ironman run there was a computer copy of Tony's mind from his Stark Solutions days recruited to fight the Inverted but real Tony Stark.
What happened to that?

Or the copy of Tony's mind that ran his suit in Adam Warren's Ironman: Hypervelocity mini series?

There are a lot of copies of Tony floating around out there.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tales from the Crypt #24 (1951)

From Beyond the Unknown #10 (1971)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Deluxe Edition #4 (1986)

Bombast #1 (1993)

Mr. Monster's Gal Friday... Kelly #3 (2000)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Wasnt there also a while where tony was replaced with an alternate teenage version of himself, and Teen Tony eventually just disappeared and was replaced with regular Tony and nobody talks about it, lol.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
IIRC, Teen Tony 'died' in Onslaught, and when the heroes came back, he was regular Tony again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Teen Tony was explained away in an Annual. Franklin remembered adult Tony so he fixed things.
Did they ever actually show Tony's inversion being reversed?

Ooooh and there was another digital copy of Tony around when he died in CW2.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What about alternate future good Tony?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Tony got uninverted after Secret Wars, so I guess Franklin did it again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Too many Tony's

Please eliminate three.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm surprised none of them have ever dated each other

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

Too many Tony's

Please eliminate three.

Error 207: Maximum Tony Limit Reached. Please purge unneeded Tonys before attempting to add additional Tonys.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Too many Tony's

Please eliminate three.

I am not a crackpot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Tales from the Crypt #24 (1951)

I have to believe the next panel is him ripping fat clouds and thinking, "Alright! My bong call worked!" ala Mr Pinkerton

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

During Tom Taylor's Infamous Ironman run there was a computer copy of Tony's mind from his Stark Solutions days recruited to fight the Inverted but real Tony Stark.
What happened to that?

Iirc Tony beat AI Tony then deleted him, then Pepper Potts called him an rear end in a top hat and gave up trying to save him. Regardless, it doesn't matter since after Secret Wars that didn't seem to have ever happened.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Phy posted:

I have to believe the next panel is him ripping fat clouds and thinking, "Alright! My bong call worked!" ala Mr Pinkerton

No the next panel is Mephisto undoing his marriage to his wife.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I get over Tony cloning Thor and causing Goliath to die by not caring about the story where he did that. Like, I felt JMS dedicating the first 3 issues of his Thor run to it was surprisingly petty. Maybe I'm in the minority on that.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Comics are weird.

Internet says they grew him a new human body using the dna of both his parents (because that's how that works) and transferred his mind into that.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Darthemed posted:

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Deluxe Edition #4 (1986)

You can't fool me that's just a Q-tip somebody dunked into a glass of OJ

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

The Question IRL posted:

Or the copy of Tony's mind that ran his suit in Adam Warren's Ironman: Hypervelocity mini series?

It's anyone's guess whether that's in continuity or not, although I think details from that were also in Livewires.

Hypervelocity does end with that AI version of Tony inside a rapidly disintegrating suit, fighting off an attempted hack, and trying to defuse a bomb with less than a second left on the timer, so it's probably safe to assume that he's toast.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Was there ever an Ironwoman?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Was there ever an Ironwoman?

Pepper Pots has a suit that doesn't have weapons and goes by "Rescue" in it, Riri Williams made her own suit and goes by "Ironheart."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wanderer posted:

It's anyone's guess whether that's in continuity or not, although I think details from that were also in Livewires.

Hypervelocity does end with that AI version of Tony inside a rapidly disintegrating suit, fighting off an attempted hack, and trying to defuse a bomb with less than a second left on the timer, so it's probably safe to assume that he's toast.

venom: the end was a stealth hypervelocity sequel.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skwirl posted:

Pepper Pots has a suit that doesn't have weapons and goes by "Rescue" in it, Riri Williams made her own suit and goes by "Ironheart."

There's also Iron Maiden in the Earth X universe but she's not really related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Iirc Tony beat AI Tony then deleted him, then Pepper Potts called him an rear end in a top hat and gave up trying to save him. Regardless, it doesn't matter since after Secret Wars that didn't seem to have ever happened.

I just re-read it. He created a virus that deleted all the copies of the AI, except one that was put on a secure flash drive. I think the drive was destroyed, but it’s not super clear from the art how badly messed up the drive is.
Like it would be easy for some writer to say that this copy of Tony’s mind survived.

Basically it seems like there are countless copies of Tony’s mind that he has saved onto hard drives all over the world.