Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Khris Kruel posted:

I just don't understand why they think they should have the ability to fly through nullsec untouched.

Well, this is a PHONE GAME. So if they're flying through nullsec and they get a phone call, their ship should have an invulnerability field pop up around it for the duration because it WOULDN'T BE FAIR otherwise to punish them for having their focus shifted away.

(actual argument I saw on the official Discord last night, along with "ban all emulators, because people are multiboxing 20 ships at once and playing 20 hours a day")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
sucks that i have to poop for 12 hours a day to maintain a gatecamp but duty calls o7

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kaysette posted:

sucks that i have to poop for 12 hours a day to maintain a gatecamp but duty calls o7

Can we just contract it to the Chinese fleets who are already setup and go blue with them?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

we should see about befriending some chinese or russians.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

The idea of working together with friends is totally alien to them. I really think a lot of people did not read the description when they installed echoes. It clearly states it is trying to bring an authentic EVE experience to mobile devices.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Counterpoint I’ve made great friends with gold farmers before who are great for many things and even give you free stuff

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Radio Free Kobold posted:

we should see about befriending some chinese or russians.

Do we have diplomats? You can't let ppl talk to the engineers...

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Virigoth posted:

Counterpoint I’ve made great friends with gold farmers before who are great for many things and even give you free stuff

Some of my more profitable trades have been with gold farmers in other mmos. Anyway does anyone even speak mandarin or russian in the group to begin talks?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

Do we have diplomats? You can't let ppl talk to the engineers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4OvQIGDg4I

Tom is literally our Corps Diplo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think we have someone who speaks some Mandarin, forget who though. Not sure about any Russian.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

we have diplomats, we just want to blow people up before befriending them.

If the chinese corps become a large hassle and hinder us from moving forward in tribute, we'll reach out to them and work out something.

For now have fun blowing them up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If they show skill and we show skill a mutual respect for good fights will form.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Saw a cringy reddit post about EO where some guy is furious that he got that goondor Mittani email and he's gonna resub just to fight against them. And the rest of the comments are invoking GDPR... all the while it was an automated email from the forums that they got a PM? Jesus people are dumb.

If I ask in the EO thread I'll probably get some propaganda that things are fine, and i don't want to dig through youtube "war news". The tone of the email seemed pretty desperate - is it safe to assume that the EO goons are likely going to lose their war?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rynder posted:

Saw a cringy reddit post about EO where some guy is furious that he got that goondor Mittani email and he's gonna resub just to fight against them. And the rest of the comments are invoking GDPR... all the while it was an automated email from the forums that they got a PM? Jesus people are dumb.

If I ask in the EO thread I'll probably get some propaganda that things are fine, and i don't want to dig through youtube "war news". The tone of the email seemed pretty desperate - is it safe to assume that the EO goons are likely going to lose their war?

Actually, I give EO Goons pretty good odds of at least driving away the pubs after an even bigger Titan welp than the previous ones (which will hopefully clean some of the drat things out of the game for a bit). They have some serious loving infrastructure in place in Delve's core systems, especially 1DH, and taking sov from them is going to take literally forever. And then there's the fact that some of the pubs are already getting bored and not really bothering to show up to structure bash (TEST is especially bad about this).

Mittens is mostly trying to get as many folks in as possible to have some insurance, but even the existing EO crew can probably handle things and pull out a big W and oceans of opposition tears.

Still, this is the EE thread, not the EO one.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rynder posted:

I don’t know about that Reddit stuff but it was lovely to use vilerat’s name in the subject.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Still, this is the EE thread, not the EO one.

Yup sorry, just wanted a quick overview of what was happening - thank you.

For EE stuff - does it even matter re the autopilot fix? no one should ever be safe in null (the whole attention thing is a non issue I think; if you are flying in null then pay attention to your phone). afaik the sentry guns in lowsec still instapop everything. I guess I could see an argument that the sentries should never be tankable to balance out the autopilot fix.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hell I cracked a joke about signing up for TEST in the EE discord just because that email was full of extremely cringy purple prose and exactly the sort of thing we used to mock alliances for.

Rynder posted:

For EE stuff - does it even matter re the autopilot fix? no one should ever be safe in null (the whole attention thing is a non issue I think; if you are flying in null then pay attention to your phone). afaik the sentry guns in lowsec still instapop everything. I guess I could see an argument that the sentries should never be tankable to balance out the autopilot fix.

No, the autopilot fix is fine, it's just people upset that this is EvE but on tablets/phones instead of an eve-themed gatcha. Lowsec ganking on gates and stations is still impossible right now because the guns are so powerful.

corgski fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 10, 2020

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

jabro posted:

I don’t know about that Reddit stuff but it was lovely to use vilerat’s name in the subject.

It was like that because the forums are named after him. They would have had to rename he forums just to send that message to avoid it. So, the dilemma is, 1) How uncool is it to remove the in memorium for him just to sound to horn since it's been that way for years vs 2) Maybe we should think about how this looks before we send it except we can't see what it looks like until we send it sooooooo....

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

yeah love the autopilot fix, nullsec shouldnt be easily accessible to anyone just cause they're offline.

I'm down for lowsec gates instapopping anyone. That feels pretty good to know I can haul to taisy without consequence.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

In other news, my favorite anom farming system has level 4 anoms in it along with the base and pubbies have been cool about not blowing the base up. So, now the base is level 3 and really cranking out the goods. I'm going to pop it once it gets to 4 so we can keep the linked anoms flowing. I'm looking forward to doing this in nullsec once I'm done with my nestegg/speculation gambling money.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yeah, like, I'm absolutely down with the lowsec guns being hilariously lethal. Lowsec gate camps were always the actual boring nonsense of Online for everyone involved. It always felt weird that lowsec was "null, but with a few annoying guns and number go down if you're a baddie" rather than "yeah you can kind of hide in lowsec and do poo poo off the beaten path, but if you just walk up to The Man you're going to get your cloaca remodeled".

I'm not even entirely unsympathetic to some of the autopilot stuff (and it's made me a lot more careful about taking my Maller into null) but it's really a necessary step if they want the nullsec territory game to be A Thing in Echoes. It is what it is and we'll adapt. Now, the real question you might want to ask is why it took four weeks into launch to change it after the problem was evidently reported on extensively in the beta phases...

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Now, the real question you might want to ask is why it took four weeks into launch to change it after the problem was evidently reported on extensively in the beta phases...

And here we were worried Netease wasn't going to be like CCP.

Also we need a :netease: smiley - if someone makes one and donates the typical smiley cost to rainn i should be able to poke the bear about getting it added.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't know if it'll beat :ccp:

I still laugh when "delete boot.ini" shows up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

corgski posted:

Also we need a :netease: smiley - if someone makes one and donates the typical smiley cost to rainn i should be able to poke the bear about getting it added.

The discord one is pretty spot on.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

corgski posted:

The discord has one, it likely needs a cleanup when converted to an acceptable format for SA (discord smilies have to be a 1:1 ratio so perfectly square).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I'm also kind of in awe that the reddit is melting down a good 24 hours after the patch.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think it would be perfect if lowsec gates were safe. Keep nullsec for groups that work together.

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

Stealthgerbil posted:

I think it would be perfect if lowsec gates were safe. Keep nullsec for groups that work together.

Why does lowsec need to be safe? That's what highsec is for.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm also kind of in awe that the reddit is melting down a good 24 hours after the patch.

If you think that's amazing, just wait until bubbles are added!

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

imPerpetual posted:

It’s currently only the gates and stations that are safe. If you aren’t at one of those two places you’re fair game. I understand why netease did it, they want random pubbies to be able to get their feet wet in terms of PvP and better anomalies/etc. without getting their poo poo entirely wrecked.

As a mobile game EE exists to make as much money as possible so they had to smooth the learning cliff a little bit.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Dox023 posted:

It’s currently only the gates and stations that are safe. If you aren’t at one of those two places you’re fair game. I understand why netease did it, they want random pubbies to be able to get their feet wet in terms of PvP and better anomalies/etc. without getting their poo poo entirely wrecked.

As a mobile game EE exists to make as much money as possible so they had to smooth the learning cliff a little bit.

Yeah the current state makes sense to me. I do wish points were cheaper so I could do more dumb stuff. It’s so hard to catch poo poo on the move even after the patch.

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

Kaysette posted:

Yeah the current state makes sense to me. I do wish points were cheaper so I could do more dumb stuff. It’s so hard to catch poo poo on the move even after the patch.

Yeah points being so expensive right now is a bit less fun, guess I gotta just focus on blowing people up to get them instead.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, like, I'm absolutely down with the lowsec guns being hilariously lethal. Lowsec gate camps were always the actual boring nonsense of Online for everyone involved. It always felt weird that lowsec was "null, but with a few annoying guns and number go down if you're a baddie" rather than "yeah you can kind of hide in lowsec and do poo poo off the beaten path, but if you just walk up to The Man you're going to get your cloaca remodeled".

I'm not even entirely unsympathetic to some of the autopilot stuff (and it's made me a lot more careful about taking my Maller into null) but it's really a necessary step if they want the nullsec territory game to be A Thing in Echoes. It is what it is and we'll adapt. Now, the real question you might want to ask is why it took four weeks into launch to change it after the problem was evidently reported on extensively in the beta phases...

It's somewhat believable that the "check to see if you can warp when the warp button is pressed and never again" was pretty heavily embedded and the refactor took a while to add "also check when they actually enter warp." You can sort of tell because even now it doesn't just stop you from entering warp it actually has you stop aligning and go to 0 m/s like you pressed the stop engine button (which I'm sure is what it does.)

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I haven't been scrambled yet but it actually sets your speed to 0? That seems like a bug.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

jabro posted:

If you're talking about the "In Memoriam - Vile Rat" thing, that's just pulling the title of the goonfleet forums, and it's been like that since 2012.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Rynder posted:

I haven't been scrambled yet but it actually sets your speed to 0? That seems like a bug.

It only does it if you've already pressed warp and are in the process of aligning when you get scrammed, if you're just flying around it just puts the debuff on you and if you try to warp it says you can't.

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man

imPerpetual posted:

I think it makes sense as a progression of the player experience: highsec = you're safe everywhere; lowsec = you're safe near stations and guns, but look out everywhere else; nullsec = in space, no one can hear you scream and don't fly here with anything you're not prepared to lose.

Obviously that's not how EO does it, but EE doesn't have to do everything the way EO does it.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?

JagerNinja posted:

I think it makes sense as a progression of the player experience: highsec = you're safe everywhere; lowsec = you're safe near stations and guns, but look out everywhere else; nullsec = in space, no one can hear you scream and don't fly here with anything you're not prepared to lose.

Obviously that's not how EO does it, but EE doesn't have to do everything the way EO does it.

I don't know about EO corp drama, was it as fun to watch as EE has been? EE seems very clearly like it's trying to be just similar enough to keep the EO people interested. This is, of course, in my expert opinion of someone who never played or knew much about EO.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

M-O and E-O are a god drat can-yue graveyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

esto es malo posted:

M-O and E-O are a god drat can-yue graveyard

it's like uhh guys can-yue not